PDA

View Full Version : werewolf the apocalypse question

lyko555
2009-10-30, 05:17 PM
So i just started playing Werewolf, and my character is a gun runner who suddenly found out that he was a were. Now my biggest point of this guy is he worked very hard to get his business where it was hes gonna keep it. Suddenly tho he has a whole new way to transport.

so basicly the question is could you get a vehicle say a large van to a small semi into the umbra?

Moriato
2009-10-30, 05:37 PM
So i just started playing Werewolf, and my character is a gun runner who suddenly found out that he was a were. Now my biggest point of this guy is he worked very hard to get his business where it was hes gonna keep it. Suddenly tho he has a whole new way to transport.

so basicly the question is could you get a vehicle say a large van to a small semi into the umbra?

Not normally, no. Normally you can only take yourself and "lead" your packmates into the umbra, but the only reason they can come along because they have the same innate ability to "step sideways".

There is a gift, however, that literally tears open a hole that leads to the umbra, and anything can go through. I'm not sure how large the opening is, I don't have my books nearby, but I think it's a theurge gift.

Keep in mind that the umbra is probably even less safe than the real world is, so it may not actually be the best idea to try to use it for package delivery.

Kurald Galain
2009-10-30, 05:40 PM

Weaver Taint Alert! Weaver Taint Alert!

Moriato
2009-10-30, 05:45 PM
Weaver Taint Alert! Weaver Taint Alert!

Kurald brings up a good point. While most other werewolves probably wont outright attack you for doing what you're planning, they aren't going to like it one bit.

Except for the glasswalkers, they'd be all over that.

Prak
2009-10-30, 05:47 PM
yes, you turn the vehicle into a fetish.

Our group had a pack the alpha of which had an hummer with an APC spirit covered with dragon scales.

ravenkith
2009-10-30, 05:58 PM
The most mind-boggling part of all this is why this were would go that far with it...

I mean, for starters, can't most werewolves in crinos carry almost the same as a van could...?

mostlyharmful
2009-10-30, 06:24 PM
There's a very fun Rite in the Book of the Wyld that'll do just what you want, a beefed up level four version of awakening, it's supposed to wake the spirit up so much it gives it intelligence and superpowers dependant on how many successes you get. The example powers even include turning your packs mystery mobile into a kerbie-esque umbra jumping funwagon. be sure an take on board that it's the Wyld doing it and YMMV.:smallsmile:

I mean, for starters, can't most werewolves in crinos carry almost the same as a van could...?

Yes but unless it's dedicated to you it'll be dropped when you reach for the umbra (and shredded when you shift which is why a nice set of trousers is the first thing anyone dedicates and to hell with the renown hit). While you can carry it you can't hop the dimensions with your lovely lucre.

Draxar
2009-10-30, 06:54 PM
Somewhere abouts there's the 'Mystery Machine' which is a level 5 fetish van that can go into the umbra.

LibraryOgre
2009-10-30, 07:00 PM
Somewhere abouts there's the 'Mystery Machine' which is a level 5 fetish van that can go into the umbra.
Especially useful for Umbral Travel, because of the mystic diagrams which adorn it and force all spirits and ghosts to leave the immediate area.

Lapak
2009-10-30, 07:26 PM
Especially useful for Umbral Travel, because of the mystic diagrams which adorn it and force all spirits and ghosts to leave the immediate area.Really? I had hoped it would transform all spirits and ghosts into normal humans wearing scary masks.

lyko555
2009-10-30, 08:05 PM
The most mind-boggling part of all this is why this were would go that far with it...

he wants to carry many small boxes. he basicly just had the idea that it would be awsome if he could jump through and drive straight thrus say border guards.