PDA

View Full Version : My mind is shattered...

Muz
2009-10-30, 09:53 PM
A friend send this to me. With zero warning. I don't know WHAT the hell this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6mF2JRl8g) IS...but it broke my mind!

I...I recognize Decepticons but...but...but... :smalleek:

Now excuse me while I go buy a new psyche.

TRM
2009-10-30, 09:56 PM
I enjoyed it.

I didn't understand any of it, but I still enjoyed it.

A bit frenetic, perhaps, but I still enjoyed it.

The voices were a little shrill, but I still enjoyed it.

Mr. Mud
2009-10-30, 09:56 PM
Rule #34? + Deceptions?

*Mind Explodes*.

It's like you wrote Explosive Runes under my EYELIDS. :smalleek:.

Pyrian
2009-10-30, 09:58 PM
Catchy. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2009-10-30, 10:02 PM
HA!

Lucky star+transformers =win

Starscream
2009-10-30, 10:05 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I NEVER want to see my namesake do something like that again.

averagejoe
2009-10-30, 10:06 PM
That is quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen.

The other option is that it's the worst.

I'm not quite sure.

Muz
2009-10-30, 10:06 PM
I'd ask what Lucky Star is, or Wiki it, but...I'm afraid. :smalleek:

My exact words to the person who showed me this was "Okay, you're going to buy me a new psyche to replace the one you just broke," but I like how you put it better. :smallwink:

Mr. Mud
2009-10-30, 10:11 PM
I'd ask what Lucky Star is, or Wiki it, but...I'm afraid. :smalleek:

My exact words to the person who showed me this was "Okay, you're going to buy me a new psyche to replace the one you just broke," but I like how you put it better. :smallwink:

Feel free to sigquote all, I'll be here all week.

*gets on a unicycle and juggles torches*

Gotta distract y'all from that animated travesty, ya'know?

Lappy9000
2009-10-30, 10:35 PM
I can't belive you guys've never seen that before.

To quote a recent poster, "It's sacrilicious!"

Oh, and Lucky Star (ww.youtube.com/watch?v=q_RPZcSZWJo&feature=fvw).

Silence
2009-10-30, 10:41 PM
Nice bassline.

chiasaur11
2009-10-30, 10:42 PM
Saw this when it first showed up.

I like to think I'm slowly building a healthy immunity to whatever the internet throws at me.

Emphasis on slowly.

Mando Knight
2009-10-30, 11:58 PM
Motteke! Sērāfuku... and Megatron... just doesn't... work...

I'd pay to see Starscream voiced by Aya Hirano, though.

thubby
2009-10-31, 12:34 AM
I'm gonna need some mind soap.

Yrcrazypa
2009-10-31, 06:30 PM
As soon as I heard the music, I closed it. Ugh, and yes, I've heard it in some Lucky Star thing that I also closed as soon as the music started. J-Pop is a travesty only surpassed by rap/hip-hop/modern R&B if you asked me. Though that is actually quite a lot, now that I think about it.

Dihan
2009-10-31, 06:48 PM
It wasn't as disturbing or as funny as this :smallbiggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

Jølly
2009-10-31, 08:17 PM
I thought it was awesome... :smallredface:

:smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2009-10-31, 08:32 PM
I... I can't stop watching...

Moff Chumley
2009-10-31, 08:57 PM

That one is pretty damn classic.

Fiery Diamond
2009-10-31, 10:32 PM

That. Was. AWESOME!

PersonMan
2009-11-01, 01:07 AM
I thought it was pretty cool. What's so mind-breaking about dancing, singing, happy high-voiced/female-sounding Decepticons?

Argeus
2009-11-01, 06:08 PM
I smell anti-anime animosity in the background...

But to be honest, Motteke! Sailor Fuku is particularly jarring to those unfamiliar/uninitiated.

Nevrmore
2009-11-01, 06:15 PM
I don't understand how anyone can like the Lucky Star opening. Not only does the song sound absolutely terrible but the characters all have this look about them that is like trying to be cute but failing so terribly that I want to punt them into the sun.

Tengu_temp
2009-11-01, 06:17 PM
Rule #34? + Deceptions?

*Mind Explodes*.

That's not Rule 34.

Prak
2009-11-01, 06:19 PM
Motteke! Sērāfuku... and Megatron... just doesn't... work...

I'd pay to see Starscream voiced by Aya Hirano, though.

I'd pay to see the Movies done with that design style and characterization.

Cubey
2009-11-01, 06:19 PM
I smell anti-anime animosity in the background...

In the background, you say? I'd say some posts here express this openly.

Also, the movie is hilarious and people who find it disturbing or an atrocity need to grow a sense of humour.

Argeus
2009-11-01, 06:24 PM
You know, the fact is that many people do not like anime. That plus devotion to their own fandom result in... extremely polrizing effects when someone trying to mix these things together.

And is it just me, or does Lucky Star get more animosity than most other anime out there?

Let's not tell anyone that Konata is mai waifu, okay?

[/joke]

Tengu_temp
2009-11-01, 06:26 PM
Also, this movie is nothing. You wanna see a really disturbing anime and Transformers combo? Look no further! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Kiss_Players_%28franchise%29) Safe for work (mostly), not safe for sanity (unless you have a high will save, like me).

How does it feel to get ninja'ed, Cubey?

Cubey
2009-11-01, 06:28 PM
People gotta lighten up. Funny movies won't ruin the things that are precious to you.
Of course, it IS Transformers (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Ruined_forever) we're talking about.

And while we're at it - link (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Kiss_Players_(franchise)) (SFW, additional navigation might be not).

EDIT: Damnit, now I can't stop browsing the Transformers wikia.

Argeus
2009-11-01, 06:41 PM
Off-topic: can anyone explain what's the meaning of "ninja'd"?

On-topic: We must all agree that the Nipponese have weird ideas. Interesting, but weird.

That doesn't change the idea that Lucky Star + Anything = (i) Funny, (ii) Awesome, (iii) Both, at least in my opinion.

GallóglachMaxim
2009-11-01, 06:51 PM
Off-topic: can anyone explain what's the meaning of "ninja'd"?

It's when someone replies with the same thing between reading the thread and commenting.

Also, watching that video with Massive Attack in the background: very confusing.

Pyrian
2009-11-01, 06:55 PM
Off-topic: can anyone explain what's the meaning of "ninja'd"?In context, it means somebody posted something in between when you started writing your post and when you posted it - and that something replicates or otherwise invalidates your post.

EDIT: That was bound to happen. :smallamused:

Starscream
2009-11-01, 07:01 PM

Yeah, you were really tempting fate there.

BritishBill
2009-11-01, 07:14 PM
A friend send this to me. With zero warning. I don't know WHAT the hell this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6mF2JRl8g) IS...but it broke my mind!

I...I recognize Decepticons but...but...but... :smalleek:

Now excuse me while I go buy a new psyche.
It didnt shatter my mind, its just a silly video about gay robots. Big deal.

Eon
2009-11-01, 07:29 PM
In context, it means somebody posted something in between when you started writing your post and when you posted it - and that something replicates or otherwise invalidates your post.

i couldn't stop laughing. seriously, i'm still laughing

i'm worried

Stormthorn
2009-11-01, 08:26 PM
As soon as I heard the music, I closed it. Ugh, and yes, I've heard it in some Lucky Star thing that I also closed as soon as the music started. J-Pop is a travesty only surpassed by rap/hip-hop/modern R&B if you asked me. Though that is actually quite a lot, now that I think about it.

You dont like Rhythm and Blues?!

Die abomination!

Also, that video was like...:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek::smallamused: :smallsmile::smallbiggrin:
I like the ending where he has that "umm...." look.

Nevrmore
2009-11-01, 08:26 PM
Also, the movie is hilarious and people who find it disturbing or an atrocity need to grow a sense of humour.
People who find that others don't like the same things that they do need to grow a thicker skin and not passive-aggressively insult others.

Moff Chumley
2009-11-01, 08:42 PM

Just reread this post. I'd like to interject something here.

Are you crazy? Top 40 radio might not be the best music out there, but listen to a good Mary J Blige song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdB8UPRnHM) and tell me that that's not a) talent and b) soul. Then there's guys like Lil' Wayne. You might not like the music or lyrics, but at least admit that he's an insanely dedicated, talented guy.

Stormthorn
2009-11-01, 08:56 PM
People who find that others don't like the same things that they do need to grow a thicker skin and not passive-aggressively insult others.

Says the guy passive-agressively claiming Cube is too sensitive.

Ladies and gentlemen for your amusement: The pot is calling the kettle black. *claps*

Also, Cube is right. I dont like Lucky Star, but i find this amusing. The two are not mutualy exclusive, as you seem to think.

Muz
2009-11-01, 09:00 PM
In the background, you say? I'd say some posts here express this openly.

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I said it shattered my mind. I wasn't offended, bothered, threatened, or angered by anything about it. Truth is, I couldn't stop laughing at the combination, either. Giant evil robots dancing around like cheerleaders? The combination is so delightfully, gleefully twisted, it's like a Brecht play. :smallbiggrin:

So mind-shattering in a good way, that I just had to share. My views on anime are completely irrelevant (it's not my thing, but I'm fine with other people enjoying it). I don't even know what Lucky Star IS. :smallsmile:

Nevrmore
2009-11-01, 09:03 PM
Says the guy passive-agressively claiming Cube is too sensitive.
Who's being passive?

Also, Cube is right. I dont like Lucky Star, but i find this amusing. The two are not mutualy exclusive, as you seem to think.
When did I say they weren't mutually exclusive? Cube was the one who implied a link between anti-anime sentiments and disliking it. And that's not even the point. If he had chosen any video whose intent is to be funny and said, "If you don't like this, you need to grow a sense of humor." I'd have said the same thing. You're the one who is projecting your ideas of what I'm thinking onto me.

Pyrian
2009-11-01, 09:07 PM
I don't understand how anyone can like the Lucky Star opening.
People who find that others don't like the same things that they do need to grow a thicker skin...Mm-hmm. :smalltongue:

Nevrmore
2009-11-01, 09:16 PM
There's a difference between saying you don't understand how someone can like something and saying "You need to grow a sense of humor." I never said I didn't respect how you feel, just that I don't understand. What Cube said was basically, "If you don't like it, you're wrong."

Yarram
2009-11-01, 09:16 PM
Why have you done this to me?
Why?:smallfrown:

RachelEvil
2009-11-01, 09:43 PM
Ehn. I've seen weirder things.

Pyrian
2009-11-01, 09:44 PM
There's a difference...You complained about your own behavior. Inventing a narrow distinction after the fact won't change that.

I never said I didn't respect how you feel, just that I don't understand.That's a distinction without teeth - in context, the latter clearly comes across as implying the former. That might be different if it was actually part of a question rather than part of a slam on the material.

Nevrmore
2009-11-01, 09:47 PM
It's not a narrow distinction made after the fact, you're just invalidating my argument because you want to take similar behavior and equate it as the same thing. It's like comparing a boxing match to a street brawl, they might be the same in essence but the intention makes all the difference in the world. My intention was to say that I didn't like Lucky Star and don't know why people find it appealing, Cube's intention was to insult people for not finding it appealing

Stormthorn
2009-11-01, 11:20 PM
It's not a narrow distinction made after the fact, you're just invalidating my argument because you want to take similar behavior and equate it as the same thing. It's like comparing a boxing match to a street brawl, they might be the same in essence but the intention makes all the difference in the world. My intention was to say that I didn't like Lucky Star and don't know why people find it appealing, Cube's intention was to insult people for not finding it appealing

You forgot you also intended to insult Cube with your later comments.
And you also ended up insulting me, despite me not having a like for Lucky Star.

So Cube has: Insult people who dont like Lucky Star and dont find this amusing.

You have: Not like lucky star. Not understand people who like Lucky Star. Insult Cube. Insult people who can both not like Lucky Star and find it amusing.

Your right, its not the same.

You're the one who is projecting your ideas of what I'm thinking onto me.
Then deny it. Make a contrary statement. Say: "I dont like that anime but this video is amusing" or even "I dont like this anime, but i can see why people would find this amusing."

Nevrmore
2009-11-02, 01:49 AM
You want me to defeat my own argument so you can feel superior? You don't really know how to argue a point, do you?

If you can't tell the difference between insulting people without provocation and chiding them for uncouth behavior then there's no way to reach you.

_Zoot_
2009-11-02, 04:26 PM
That was really.... odd. Really liked the song though.

EDIT:

Ok, after watching the original Lucky Star version of that i find it much more traumatic.:smalleek:

Still funny mind. :smallbiggrin:

Dirk Kris
2009-11-02, 05:00 PM
Best.
Transformer.
Costume.
Ever.
Check this out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG8CUHGb1Y4&feature=player_embedded)

_Zoot_
2009-11-03, 12:19 AM
That is so cool!!

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-11-03, 12:26 AM
I didn't really like it. Not because of the song (I really like that), but because... I dunno, Transformers never appealed to me.

*casts Protection From Flames*

Starscream
2009-11-03, 02:27 AM
I didn't really like it. Not because of the song (I really like that), but because... I dunno, Transformers never appealed to me.

But you'll make an exception for Starscream, right? Everyone knows that Starscream is awesome.:smallbiggrin:

golentan
2009-11-03, 03:20 AM
But you'll make an exception for Starscream, right? Everyone knows that Starscream is awesome.:smallbiggrin:

If you're that hard up on fishing for approval, just ask.

I can't believe how cute they were. I enjoyed the video.

I'm also finding the thread mildly entertaining.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-11-03, 10:16 AM

...Who? I know that's the name of a Transformer (or Decepticon, I'm not sure), but that's it.

Jade_Tarem
2009-11-03, 03:29 PM
If you're that hard up on fishing for approval, just ask.

Sometimes... just sometimes... people say silly things for the amusement of others, even though they're not insecure.
---------------------------------------------------
The video was not my favorite, but it didn't exactly destroy my sanity. This could be because I heard a song at Waffle House recently that contained the line "Do the Helen Keller." That snapped my brain.

golentan
2009-11-03, 03:32 PM
I don't believe that for a second.

It was intended as a joke as well. And starscream is awesome.

chiasaur11
2009-11-03, 07:00 PM
...Who? I know that's the name of a Transformer (or Decepticon, I'm not sure), but that's it.

He's treacherous, immortal, and voiced by Tom Kenny. Also, he's both a Transformer and a Decepticon

There. Now you know.

Cleverdan22
2009-11-03, 08:08 PM
I've never been a big fan of Lucky Star, but the knowledge of what it is makes this video so much more awesome.

Jade_Tarem
2009-11-04, 01:37 AM
I don't believe that for a second.

It was intended as a joke as well. And starscream is awesome.

Ah. Well, sorry for snapping at you, then.