View Full Version : Arena Tournament Exhibition: Exhibit A vs Sparks

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:11 PM
Arena Tournament Exhibition: Exhibit A vs. Sparks

Map:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/glasshouse.png

XP Award: Nil.
GP Award: Nil.

Exhibit A (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=30974) - Tanaric
Sparks (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6655) - RandomAction

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any.

For the purpose of this exhibition match, the glass panes do not provide concealment.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:14 PM
[roll0]

A potion of shield of faith +2.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:26 PM
Sparks, ini [roll0]

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:29 PM
Exhibit A, round 1

Starting in B-13, holding potion in one hand, spiked chain in the other.

Standard: Manifest power

Psicraft DC 16:Force Screen

Move to I-10.

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:34 PM
Ha! Thought I was facing the druid for a sec, had the feeling of getting spanked again.

Sparks, Exhibit R1:
Start in Y-14, with glaive in hand.
Move to T-14.
Ready an Action.
Cast Seeking Ray

End turn.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:36 PM
Exhibit A, round 2

Standard: Drink potion.

Free: Drop bottle.

Free: Shift grip on spiked chain to two hands.

Move to O-8.

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:39 PM
Forgot to put in the trigger for my action, but anyways:

Caster level check DC 8: [roll0]
Ranged touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:40 PM
...ow.

Exhibit is still standing, although he looks pretty pissed.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:44 PM
Now round 2:(I think, readied actions confuse the heck out of me)

Cast a spell @ Exhibit
Spellcraft DC:16Kelgore's Fire Bolt
Damage: [roll0]
Move to V-11.

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:45 PM
Ooops, DC 14 reflex for half damage.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:46 PM
Reflex: [roll0]

mm, toasty.

Still standing, albeit with singed eyebrows.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:49 PM
Oh, I suppose now would be a good time to use my stance. :smallyuk:

Exhibit, round 3

Swift: Enter Stance of Clarity against Sparks.

Full-round: Charge to V-13.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:53 PM
Sparks,R3:
5' step to V-10.
Cast a spell @ Exhibit
Spellcraft DC:16Kelgore Fire Bolt
Damage: [roll0]
Reflex DC 14 for half.

Done.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 10:57 PM
Exhibit A, round 4

Full-round: Initiate Charging Minotaur, charging to V-10. Neither the movement nor Bull Rush provoke AoOs.

Opposed Strength: [roll0]
Damage if fail: [roll1]
And you'll end up in V-9 if you fail the strength check.

Done.

Edit: The damage should be 2 points lower. I included the charge bonus to bull rush on the damage for some reason.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 10:59 PM
If I fail badly, then I may go even further.
Strength check: [roll0]

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:00 PM
So I end up a broken heap in V-6.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:00 PM
I don't have to push you further, so I choose not to. :smallbiggrin:

Besides, I think that makes for one dead Warforged.

Edit:

If you beat the defender’s Strength check result, you push him back 5 feet. If you wish to move with the defender, you can push him back an additional 5 feet for each 5 points by which your check result is greater than the defender’s check result.

Key word being "can". I'd have wanted you in V-9 so you could provoke AoOs. :smallwink:

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:04 PM
True. I just wished my Seeking Ray had more umph to it.

Rematch?

Also, in the up coming FFA, in which Fellnight and Bloodclaw are in. I am faced with a problem. If we are in the same match then I would either have to partner with you or try to get all the others against you. I would rather partner instead.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:05 PM
My Druid isn't that scary, is it? :smallconfused:

Anyhow, sure to the rematch. Do you want to fight Exhibit again, or one of my other gladiators? Kil'ak, perhaps? He could teach you how to really toast someone. :smallcool:

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:08 PM
From our earlier matches, the only way to hurt you is direct damage. Your buffed AC is way too high to hit consistantly.

Bring out the druid against Golem.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:09 PM
Ah, well, Exhibit has more AC than Kairen, and a higher Touch AC too.

Also, Kairen's AC only lasts for 10 rounds before going back down to 13/17. :smallyuk:

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:10 PM
This (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=30705) Druid and this (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6549) Golem?

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:13 PM
True but 10 rounds is a long time.

Yep that's them.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:14 PM
Not in a FFA without clear LoS. :smalltongue:

Init: [roll0]

Purchases will be a psionic tattoo of force screen, a sling and twenty stones, and a spear.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:18 PM
With a 50' speed in 1-2 rounds you can make contact easily, add in your attack and damage bonuses, your enemies will fall in 1-2 more.

Golem, ini:
[roll0]

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:23 PM
What really scares me is at level 2, if you take a level of barbarian, when you shift and rage(which stack by the way) your strength score is boosted by +8.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:24 PM
Not to mention Kairen has a swim speed. Yay water maps. :smallcool:

Kairen, round 1

Starting in B-13, holding a loaded sling.

Standard: Cast a spell

DC 16 spellcraft:Magic Fang, bite attacks.

Swift: Activate Animal Devotion (Ape's Fury).

Move to H-12.

Done.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:25 PM
I was a Druidic Avenger originally, which gave me shift+rage (Swapped for Whirling Frenzy - bonus attack and more AC, what's not to love?) at level 1, but apparently Shapeshift requires that you lose an animal companion, which Avengers don't get. :smallfrown:

Full attacks for +12 with +17 damage at level 1 might have been overkill, anyway.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:28 PM
Golem,R1:
Start in Y-13 with shield and maul readied.
Double move to O-17.

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:31 PM
Here is a quick list of Druid class variants/alternate features. In case you do not know or have:
Aquatic Druid: (SW, p 50): Choose an aquatic animal companion.

City-Shape (CS, web): Smaller wild shapes, but gain the ability to change into vermin.

City-Soul (CS, web): Lose the ability to wild shape into an elemental, turn into animated objects instead.

Crowd-Walker (CS, web): Exchange woodland stride for the ability to move in crowds more easily.

Deadly Hunter (UA, p 58): Gain bonus to AC when unarmored and fast movement (as monk). Gain favored enemy, track, and swift tracker as a ranger. Lose armor and shield proficiency and wild shape.

Aspect of the Dragon (DrM, p 11): You don't gain wildshape. Instead take on various aspects of dragons.

Drow Druid (DU, p58): Wildshape into a monstrous spider instead of animals.

Druidic Avenger (UA, p 51): no animal companion or spontaneous casting, penalty to wild empathy. Gain fast movement and rage.

Elemental Companion (CM, p 33): Gain an Elemental as a companion instead of an animal.

Go to Ground (CS, web): Lose trackless step, gain the ability to hide from Urban Tracking.

Halfling Druid Substitution Levels (RW, p 157) add climb, jump, move silently, and hide to skill list (6 skills points per level)
1st level: Spontaneous Casting (Special list of spontaneous spells), Enhanced Link (bonus to ride animal companion)
5th level: Undersized Wildshape (wildshape limited to smaller forms, usable more times per day)
13th level: Camouflage ability, lose thousand faces

Half-Orc Druid Substitution Level (RD, 159): d10 hitdice, add intimidation as class skill.
1st level: Tough Animal Companion (companion gains toughness)
4th level: Bully Animal (use Str instead of Cha for wild empathy), lose resist nature's lure
6th level: Augmented Nature's Allies (+4 Str/Con on SNA's), lose one wildshape/day

Heat Endurance (SSt, p 47): Gain Heat Endurance, lose resist nature's lure.

Iron Constitution (CS, web): Lose resist nature's lure. Gain the strong stomach feat, and +2 bonus to saves against disease.

Fangshields Druid Substitution Levels (CV, p 40): must be nonhumanoid
4th level: Spontaneous Curing, replaces resist nature's lure
5th level: Wild Shape Hands (form hands while wildshaping)
7th level: Wild Shape (Humanoid), lose 1 use of wild shape

Goliath Druid Substitution Levels (RS, p 151)
1st level: Elemental Bond (better earth summons, can't summon other elements)
6th level: Earth Companion (animal companion gains earth-type and some stat changes
12th level: Earth Wild Shape (change into an earth elemental instead of plant)

Phynxkin Companion (DrM, p 13): Gain a phynxkin instead of your normal animal companion.

Planar Druid (PlH, p 31): gain knowledge: the planes as class skill
4th level: Resist Planar Might (+2 bonus to saves to resist spell-like abilities of outsiders), lose resist nature's lure
9th level: Planar Tolerance (become attuned to planes), lose venom immunity
13th level: Counter Summoning (counter summon monster spells), lose thousand faces

Root Walker (DS, p 9): Lose woodland stride, resist nature's lure, and wild empathy. Gain wild empathy towards vermin, move over earth, stone, and rock debris and +4 bonus on saving throws against spell like abilities of abberations.

Sandskimmer (SSt, p 47): Gain Sandskimmer, lose woodland stride.

Shapeshifter (PHB 2, p 39): Lose animal companion and wildshape. Gain the ability to change into several forms, with set bonuses, at will.

Shifter Druid Substitution Levels (RE, p 126): add balance, climb, and jump to class skills
1st level: Beast Spirit (grants powers and abilities as level increase), replaces animal companion
4th level: Reckless Nature (+2 initiative checks and reflex saves, -2 to will saves), replaces resist nature's lure
5th level: Wild Shifting (can use racial shifting an extra time per day, and add wisdom bonus to duration. At 8th level claws are treated as one size larger, at 15th level they are treated as two sizes larger. Gain additional uses each time you would gain more uses of wildshape.), replaces normal wildshape ability. At 16th level, gain the ability to change into an elemental as normal.

Spontaneous Affliction (EoE, p 21): lose ability to spontaneous SNA, gain ability to sicken humanoids.

Spontaneous Rejuvenation (PHB 2, p 39): Lose spontaneous SNA spells. Gain the ability to sacrifice spells to give allies fast healing.

Urban Companion (CS, web): Instead of a normal animal companion, instead gain something similar to a familiar.

Urban Sense (CS, web): Lose nature's sense, gain a +2 bonus to sense motive and knowledge: local checks.

Voice of the City (CS, web): Lose wild empathy to gain the ability to communicate with people who speak languages you do not know.

Waste Vermin Wildshape (SSt, p 47): Wildshape into a wasteland vermin, lose 1 wildshape/day.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:32 PM
Kairen Bloodclaw, round 2

Standard: Tap Psionic Tattoo.

Swift: Activate Law Devotion (AC)

Move: Perform (Interpretive Dance): [roll0]

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:37 PM
Golem,R2:
Move to N-19.
Perform (Sexy Dance): [roll0]

Done.

Sorry, I have been watching too much Robot Chicken.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:40 PM
Kairen Bloodclaw, round 3

Swift: Shift into Predator form.

Full-round: Charge to M-19.

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:42 PM
Ouch, almost 1 shotted me there.

Golem,R3:
Crit check: [roll1]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Done.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:45 PM
Didn't that hit you, and if so, wouldn't it have brought you to 0 (i.e., disabled?)

Taking a standard to hit me would knock yourself out, if my numbers are correct. :smalltongue:

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:46 PM
It would if I didn't have DR 2/adamant. Also at 0 hp, a warforged can take either a standard or a move action without hurting itself.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:49 PM
...ah. Yes.

Right then.

Kairen Bloodclaw, round 4

Bite, bite, bite, bite the annoying tinfoil man!

(Previous damage roll wasn't accounting for Magic Fang, by the way, and should have done 1 more damage.)

RandomAction
2009-10-30, 11:51 PM
Ok, 1 hp and losing.

Golem,R4:
Crit: [roll1]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Done.

Tanaric
2009-10-30, 11:57 PM
Kairen Bloodclaw, round 5

Standard: Attempt to perform home dentistry with Golem's armor plating.

Bite: [roll0] (Wasn't accounting Magic Fang on the last roll. I think I'm losing my mind.)

Done.

Ack! Broke a tooth. :smallfrown:

RandomAction
2009-10-31, 12:00 AM
Have I even hit you?
Ha! I have been watching the match with Donkey too.

Golem,R6:
Try to make a furry cape.
Attack:[roll0]
Crit:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit damage:[roll3]

Done.

Tanaric
2009-10-31, 12:02 AM
That was your first hit.

And it hurt.

I am going to bite you now.

Kairen, round 6

Swift: Switch Law Devotion to AC. attack. Sorry, it made no sense to switch it to what it already was, and I included the +3 in the attack.

Done.

RandomAction
2009-10-31, 12:05 AM
Well, you are offically wearing adamant braces now. That and my metal a$$ is like used chewing gum.

Tanaric
2009-10-31, 12:08 AM
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM-

Ack! It's like a metal popcorn hull! Stuck on my tonsils! Curse youuuuuuu!

RandomAction
2009-10-31, 12:09 AM
Hey, sorry to go but my nephew just woke up and I gotta put him back to bed. I will be on later today, wanna try out Veldrin?

edit: Just read your post and now gotta clean my screen from the tea I was drinking.

Tanaric
2009-10-31, 12:10 AM
Uh... it's 12:15 a.m. for me, so "Later today" will have to be at least eight hours from now. :smallwink:

And sure.

Edit: Ha. I've still got the touch. :smallcool:

RandomAction
2009-10-31, 12:13 AM
It's 1:18 here and 'later today' will be around 5 or 6 for you.