PDA

View Full Version : (4e) Would the playground enjoy...

Gralamin
2009-10-31, 03:47 PM
Okay, I'm one of those people who tend to have tons of character concepts in their head, and not nearly enough games to play them in. So I came up with the following idea.

Each week, or so, I'd post a thread with some level 1 characters (All made in the character builder), following a theme of sorts, with some background about each them. In subsequent posts, they are leveled up to 5, 10, 11, 15, 20, 21, 25, and 30 (or some other amount). The party would be optimized to work together.

The first one I've been thinking of doing is a "sniper team" focused around a Warlock, Ranger, Shaman, Seeker, and Warden.

Does this seem like something people would enjoy reading / contributing to, or does it sound more like a waste of time?

FoE
2009-10-31, 04:03 PM
So ... you'd just post some free character concepts that people could use?

I have no issue with it, but it might be something you should take up with the mods. Also, it seems like it'd be a lot of work for you.

AtopTheMountain
2009-10-31, 04:08 PM
Yeah, it seems like you would have to have a ton of time on your hands. But it sounds interesting, especially for anyone who's starting a new 4E campaign and wants some ideas.

Gralamin
2009-10-31, 04:49 PM
It Doesn't require all that much free time, honestly. Mostly its just putting to paper whats flying around in my head anyway. Still in the idea phase though. No point in doing it if a lot of people wouldn't read it...

Heck, it might be better to have it as more of a blog.

Aron Times
2009-10-31, 04:58 PM
I have an idea for a Gnome Gninja Death Squad. Gnomes don't get a bonus to dexterity, but their invisibility powers make them really good at keeping combat advantage. The GGDS would also be very difficult to focus fire thanks to the gnomes' ability to turn invisible as an immediate reaction to damage.

Would you mind if I posted my theme parties here, too?

ZeroNumerous
2009-10-31, 05:00 PM
Gnome Gninja Death Squad.

Gnome

Gnome

I'd like to see a team devoted entirely to killing all the gnomes.

Gralamin
2009-10-31, 05:12 PM
I have an idea for a Gnome Gninja Death Squad. Gnomes don't get a bonus to dexterity, but their invisibility powers make them really good at keeping combat advantage. The GGDS would also be very difficult to focus fire thanks to the gnomes' ability to turn invisible as an immediate reaction to damage.

Would you mind if I posted my theme parties here, too?

If I started it up, I'd have no reason to stop you. :smallbiggrin:

NorseItalian
2009-10-31, 05:21 PM
I'd read it.