PDA

View Full Version : Approaching Infinity ≠ Infinity(Exalts and Tippy discussion)

Poison_Fish
2009-10-31, 06:22 PM
This is a split off thread from the overpowered thread. We are moving further exalted and mathematical discussion here.

Concerning Tippyverse VS Exalted: Hiding somewhere in the depths of Tippyverse space is Almighty Pun-Pun, who grants all Tippy clerics their spells, grants all domains, has every favoured weapon, and counts as all other gods for the purpose of his worshippers getting PrCs. He grants himself all the abilities in every Exalted book ever, and the supernatural ability to grant himself infinite Essence. And smites anyone else who tries to become Pun-Pun. We need a RAW explanation for why Pun-Pun traditionally doesn't feature in Tippyverse.

Or even better, he uses his Hand of Death salient ability to exterminate all Exalted. Only a higher-rank deity can undo Hand of Death, and no other deity's divine rank can even compare to Pun-Pun's divine rank.

I'd like to point based on further research, Pun-Pun is not possible by Tippyverse rules. There are no sarrukh in the RAW.

I'd also like to further point out that Pun Pun would still die to an exalt because he still can't copy them, look further back. Nor will he ever be able to simulate essence. If you want a contradiction in rules, then that's where you should look. Essence functions differently then psionic power points, spells per day, and spell like abilities. Noting Pun Pun doesn't also have virtues and willpower, nor is there a function for him to obtain those, because as soon as he picks up storyteller based system stats that directly contradict with D&D stats, he can't get essence. But considering Pun Pun can't exist in the Tippyverse, then it's a moot point all together.

On Hand of Death, it gets perfectly parried counter-attacked back to the caster.

Beyond the basic Exalted stuff, there is one further point I'd like to address. Individuals keep trying to claim a rules contradiction, which I'll continue to insist is only doing it to save nerd face, because we've brought this down to basic math. There is yet to be proof of anything that is Infinity as opposed to approaching infinity in D&D. By basic math, a Perfect for an exalt is greater then whatever a Tippy could ever do in all cases of resolution. I suggest looking back at what Walking Target and Cubey said in the previous thread for that. Until you prove this wrong, it has nothing to do with contradiction.

Roland St. Jude
2009-10-31, 06:29 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please do not restart locked threads.