PDA

View Full Version : Granite, hard a stone. - A buffing protector

oxinabox
2009-11-01, 08:34 AM
Just for pure interst's sake I'm fiddling around with stating out a gestalt Buffing/protecting character.

Race: Earth Mephing -2 INT, -2 dex, +2 str, +2 cha, 10ft burrow speed, 30ft land, small sized, weak bludgoning Con breathbeapon, +1 CL for earth spells LA+1

Classes:
Crusader ...20: cos it gets devoted spirit and white raven. also full bab and Towersheild prof. and also cos it gets devoted spirit and white raven... did i mention it get's white raven and devoted spirit?

Bard: logically (but not by RAW) having bard as my base class, wich is gishy means i can take gishy PrC's - I'm not expanding my role - i'm just exapanding on my current role. kinda odd the under gesthalt PrC paladin is banned but paladin is not.

Cleric 1=>Ruby Knight Vindicator - not cos i want divine casting, but because i think i might not have enough manouvers to get All of the delicousness that is white raven and devoted spirit.
Maybe make my Bard lvl divine bard then i can advance it's casting...

Dragon Shaman 1: 3 auras to pick. can only have 1 active at a time, but still wonderful. I think Energy Shield, Sensem abd Presence.

Marshal 4, (i want the second minor, for motivate X, wisdom i think), and since i'm there might as well get the ability top grant the whole party a move action. Major selection depends on play lvl, cos different things scale diffently.

Fighter 2 - I know i'll want the feats

gestalt give me 40 odd Class lvl to play with, and hopefully will take some of the suckyness out of come of the buffing classes.

----
Feats:
Shield Mate;
improved ShieldMate
Goad
Bastard sword proficency - Cos with a bleedingbig shield you want a bleeding big sword.NOT COMPENSATING for being only 3 ft tall.

-------------
Equipt:
Addimantium Towershield.
Addimatium Fullplate.
Bastard sword.

-=-=-=-=-=-
synergies that are immidiately apparent.
OMGZORS so many bonuses to charging, for the whole party and they stack.

Order forged from chaos. + grant move action: as my move action: so the party makes a move action, as a imedidate action i grant them another move action (before they get out of my range).
then Swarm tactics stance.

oxinabox
2009-11-02, 08:21 AM
considering after the arcane bard dip, (or maybe more)
going for a two lvl dip in
Arcane Duelist PrC (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a)
to add my CHa wich will be my second best stat to my AC.
Requires mobility and the MiC version of Dodge...
and 5 ranks in perform and tumble, but at lvl 1 basically grants you weapon specialization (-1) and weapon foucs, in that it give a +1 stacking enhancement bonus to to hit.
I don't think it was intended to be done to a bastardsword, but nothing says it can't
and Lvl 2 my CHA to my ACV - In Fullplate? OK.\

maybe the Paladin Dip would be worth it to add my CHA to all my saves, but i get CHA to will from crusader (specifically doesn't stack with paladin), and in gestalt my saves are going already be pretty decent.