PDA

View Full Version : Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Helgraf
2009-11-02, 03:04 AM
Helgraf & Shadow Present
Vampire III: Sunnydale Nights

Link to Recruiting/Rules thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7125041#post7125041)

It is a quiet night in Sunnydale; a less frequent occurrence than most of its citizens realize. Children are home, most of the high school students have turned in, and even the college aged population is looking at their watches, ordering last cups of coffee before considering the trek back to home or the dorms.

It is a quiet night in Sunnydale; the last several nights have been quiet, a fact that is setting Buffy Summers' teeth on edge; not that she wouldn't enjoy some time off, but normally as All Hallows Eve approachs, supernatural activity has always gotten worse - and this year, nothing. Nothing at all - not a demon, ghost, curse, and the only vampire around was Spike. Spike had been a problem once, but over the last few years, their relationship had changed. It was weird - not half as weird as most of the things that had happened in her life, to be sure, but nevertheless.

Sunnydale was quiet. Too quiet. Which meant something was up - probably something big and horrible. That would be nice; a problem you could solve with a little Slayer-fu tended to be easier to deal with than, say, any of her relationships.

Willow, for example - who had just about vanished entirely a month back; leaving hardly more than a brief email, something about magical research. They were friends, but while she was one of the few Slayerettes who could keep up with her with the aid of her magic, there was something else there, something she couldn't put a name on. The way she stared at her when she thought she wasn't looking.

It was lost in these thoughts, more troublesome than most of the monsters she'd ever had to fight, that she heard it. A scream ... immediately her senses sharpened, and she made for the sound like a shot, moving with the inhuman grace and speed of the Slayer.

Man, on the ground, pale ... but there was no vampire, just a hanging fog that slid away down the road - and the odd scent of ozone. Someone else had done for the attacker. But who?

Buffy needed answers...

Night 1 begins with the discovery of a corpse drained of blood. Recall in Vampire Night phase is the voting/lynching phase. Night will continue for 48 hours - time starts when the thread is approved.

Player List

Aemoh
Alarra
banjo1985
Bayar
billtodamax
Bishfish
calar
CurlyKitGirl
DD the Cookiemonster
Dirk Kris
Eldritch Knight
Evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
GAThraawn
Geesi
Hyozo
Jontom Xire
Lamech
Lex-kat
Mordokai
Murska
Mustiado
Night Surgeon
Oddity
Opeth Freak
Philistine
PirateMonk
Reinholdt
Sanity702
Shadowcaller
The Bookworm
Thufir
Uncle Festy
Yspoch
Zar Peter

Thufir
2009-11-02, 05:34 PM
((Right, now who to RP as... *Consults own not-quite-encyclopaedic knowledge of BtVS* ...ah.))

Owen Thurman knew it was dangerous to wander around Sunnydale at night... but that's why he did it. A longing for the thrill of a potentially deadly encounter, a fascination with the morbid drawing him out into the darkness so thick it sometimes seemed mystical, as if brought on by some magician, some Shadowcaller. Passing by one of Sunnydale's many cemeteries, he glanced in and whispered to himself:

If I should n’t be alive
When the robins come,
Give the one in red cravat
A memorial crumb.

If I could n’t thank you,
Being just asleep,
You will know I ’m trying
With my granite lip!

Aemoh
2009-11-02, 06:09 PM
*day 1 random point at Oddity*

Also, I do plan to try to roleplay, since I did so the last time around. But I've got nothing right now so... :smallamused:

@Helgraf: The link to the recruitment thread doesn't work. Mostly cause it's the link to edit that post.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-02, 07:28 PM
Not so random point at Freshmeat to renew my crusade to try get him lynched on day 1 for once :smalltongue:

calar
2009-11-02, 07:50 PM
Eldritch Knight for the random.

Hyozo
2009-11-02, 08:14 PM
Will was walking home, tired. It had been a long day at school, followed by a long night at work. Honestly, all he cared about at the moment was getting a good night's sleep.

Of course, if things were just going to happen like that this wouldn't even be brought up, right Aemoh?

((I'm looking for ideas at the moment...))

BishFish
2009-11-02, 08:58 PM
ah... random points!
The Bookworm

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-02, 08:59 PM
Hyozo random vote go.

PirateMonk
2009-11-02, 09:17 PM
A young Sunnydale High student walks into the park and sits down on a bench, reading a novel called The Philistine by the light of a nearby street lamp.

The Bookworm
2009-11-02, 10:12 PM
((I don't really watch Buffy; can I RP as a Shadow Unit character? Similar theme...))

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-02, 10:47 PM
Evnafets seems to have been acting a little oddly...

Philistine
2009-11-02, 11:14 PM
When did it get so late? Paul Stone wonders idly as he hurries home. He'd gone down to the beach that afternoon after school, in search of peace and quiet - he must have nodded off as the tide was rolling in.

He lifts his head when a scream breaks the stillness. "What was that?" he mutters to himself. "Sounded like someone in trouble, maybe hurt." He quickens his step and turns at the next side street, looking for the source of the noise. A dark figure bumps him as it rushes past in the opposite direction. Someone fleeing the scene? Because of a guilty conscience, or simple cowardice? Paul continues the way he was going, though - helping whoever was screaming is a higher priority than trying to chase down someone who may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and not wanted to get involved.

(( I believe it's traditional to have a Day 1 bandwagon against Fleeing Coward, is it not? So let's get this party started right. :smallwink: ))

Helgraf
2009-11-03, 12:04 AM
A young Sunnydale High student walks into the park and sits down on a bench, reading a novel called The Philistine by the light of a nearby street lamp.

The student, quietly reading, suddenly can't shake the feeling they're being watched...

Yspoch
2009-11-03, 01:42 AM
Random point at Dirk Kris.

Oddity
2009-11-03, 03:47 AM
Oddity missed the bus
((end of RP))

No day 1 point O_o

Lex-Kat
2009-11-03, 04:14 AM
The young freshman was curled up with her lovely kitty, stroking her gently.

As the cat purred next to her, Cerise stared at the picture of Sunnydale's most popular girl, Buffy Summers. Oh how she wished she could meet her. To be part of her little group.

She closed her eyes and imagined brushing the hair out of Buffy's eyes. She was just about to kiss imaginary Buffy...... Cerise!!! Time to get ready for bed!!

Dang it Mom!! I told you to knock!! Cerise jumped off her bed and slammed the door.

banjo1985
2009-11-03, 04:39 AM
Griff was lost in Sunnydale, somewhere on the university campus by the look of things. That was not a good thing. Kids tended to disappear when they were alone in Sunnydale at night, kids that were way bigger, tougher and older than little Griff. After all, he was only ten.

"C'mon, everywhere is a block Griff, keep turning left and you'll find somewhere you know. Or you'll end up walking in circles...good deal."

Griff sighed and wandered into an almost deserted park, the darkness rallying against the sparse streetlamps, eager to dowse the tiny pockets of resistance. He looked around nervously and hurried along the path, sure someone was watching him. If he didn't find his way home soon he would have to give in and ask someone for help. He just hoped the individual wouldn't see him as Fresh meat fit for the taking.

billtodamax
2009-11-03, 05:24 AM
Fleeing Coward. RP to possibly come later maybe.

Zar Peter
2009-11-03, 06:54 AM
I have to point at Mordokai, invisible Castle told me so...

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-03, 06:57 AM
Switching to Philistine for encouraging a bandwagon against me and because I don't fancy my chances of surviving a lynch against a great analyst like Freshmeat.

Lamech
2009-11-03, 07:40 AM
lex-kat for making me spend three seconds figuring out who she pointed at.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-03, 07:40 AM
Mordokai, because invisible castle is always right.

Jontom Xire
2009-11-03, 08:25 AM
Hmm, it's day one. Have I forgiven Murska for the many and various betrayals he has perpetrated against me? Nope!

Murska

Dirk Kris
2009-11-03, 08:25 AM
Starla Knight walked the streets, trying to familiarize herself with the little town that was her new home. Long, wavy blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and her brown eyes moved constantly, trying to take it all in. Her parents wouldn't buy her a car yet, so she was trying to find the fastest routes everywhere walking could take her.
((Zar Peter))

Freshmeat
2009-11-03, 09:06 AM
*hands a 'Vampires suck!' and 'Vampires are a pain in the neck!' banner to GAThraawn*

*stalks Mordokai and annoys him*

Murska
2009-11-03, 09:34 AM
Mordokai for being a vampire prince.

Thufir
2009-11-03, 09:46 AM
When did it get so late? Paul Stone wonders idly as he hurries home. He'd gone down to the beach that afternoon after school, in search of peace and quiet - he must have nodded off as the tide was rolling in.

He lifts his head when a scream breaks the stillness. "What was that?" he mutters to himself. "Sounded like someone in trouble, maybe hurt." He quickens his step and turns at the next side street, looking for the source of the noise. A dark figure bumps him as it rushes past in the opposite direction. Someone fleeing the scene? Because of a guilty conscience, or simple cowardice? Paul continues the way he was going, though - helping whoever was screaming is a higher priority than trying to chase down someone who may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and not wanted to get involved.

(( I believe it's traditional to have a Day 1 bandwagon against Fleeing Coward, is it not? So let's get this party started right. :smallwink: ))

Owen also hears the scream from across town and rushes in the general direction he thinks it came from...

((I think that's only traditional when he provokes it himself by claiming to be a wolf))

Mordokai
2009-11-03, 09:46 AM
Cookiemonster. For taking anything Zar Peter says seriously :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2009-11-03, 09:48 AM
Cookiemonster. For taking anything Zar Peter says seriously :smalltongue:

Actually I really asked Invisible Castle. And it said: 21...

Mordokai
2009-11-03, 09:49 AM
It's either you, or the blue furred monstrosity, so shush and don't complain too much :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-11-03, 11:07 AM
The young freshman was curled up with her lovely kitty, stroking her gently.

As the cat purred next to her, Cerise stared at the picture of Sunnydale's most popular girl, Buffy Summers. Oh how she wished she could meet her. To be part of her little group.

She closed her eyes and imagined brushing the hair out of Buffy's eyes. She was just about to kiss imaginary Buffy...... Cerise!!! Time to get ready for school!!

Dang it Mom!! I told you to knock!! Cerise jumped out of bed.
Reinholdt licks his lips, and glares at Cerise, frustrated at being interrupted from a kiss from his hooman by the mom. How annoying.

And now she was going to leave for this skool place she always went to. Bah! No way he was going to get left behind AGAIN. He wanted to know what this place was.

When Cerise wasn't looking, Reinholdt dashed into her bookbag and curled up to hide.

It was time for skool.

((First day random Mustiado))

Bayar
2009-11-03, 11:11 AM
Random 1st day point at billtodamax.

Wizibirb
2009-11-03, 01:25 PM
Jennifer looks around the school sighing, she walks slowly to her next class. She hated school for one reason, the way people treated her. She always felt left out like an outsider. She hated it, walking into class she takes her seat in the back of the classroom looking around. The teacher started lecturing about functions and different stuff, but it didn't matter Jenn already knew it. She took out her notebook and started to draw.

((The god of dice demand's that Murska be lynched))

PirateMonk
2009-11-03, 03:09 PM
The student, quietly reading, suddenly can't shake the feeling they're being watched...

He closes the book, stands up, and looks around. If he doesn't see anything, he decides that it's time to head home and walks off.

Hyozo
2009-11-03, 04:07 PM
He might see Will waling tiredly back home. Will probably won't notice him though. As tired as he was, the fact that it was apparently multiple times all at once was only making it worse.

((seriously, In addition to the narrator declared "late at night", we have at least two people getting ready for school and another walking from class to class.))

Thufir
2009-11-03, 06:17 PM
((seriously, In addition to the narrator declared "late at night", we have at least two people getting ready for school and another walking from class to class.))

It could be witches! Some evil witches! Which is ridiculous 'cause witches they were persecuted Wicca good and love the earth and women power and I'll be over here.

Helgraf
2009-11-03, 06:18 PM
He closes the book, stands up, and looks around. If he doesn't see anything, he decides that it's time to head home and walks off.

A glimpse of dark eyes under auburn hair from behind a small brick wall atop of which planters that sustain ivy plants; she - and for some reason he's certain it's a she - disappears behind the thicker part of the ivy a moment later.

((OOC Voice of Narrator

He might see Will waling tiredly back home. Will probably won't notice him though. As tired as he was, the fact that it was apparently multiple times all at once was only making it worse.

((Okay, let's relax a bit. Sunnydale has a university with night classes, and some players may have missed the rules tidbit where nighttime is the voting phase.))))

Lex-Kat
2009-11-03, 09:00 PM
Yup, missed that.

Obviously Cherise's mother meant that it was time to get ready for bed. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-11-03, 09:31 PM
Yup, missed that.

Obviously Cherise's mother meant that it was time to get ready for bed. :smallsmile:
But how is the kitty supposed to get to Skool now?
Meh. It curls up and falls asleep in the back-pack, forgetting what it was doing in the first place anyways.

Yspoch
2009-11-04, 01:46 AM
It could be witches! Some evil witches! Which is ridiculous 'cause witches they were persecuted Wicca good and love the earth and women power and I'll be over here.

Or bunnies! :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-11-04, 02:31 AM
((saw that it was inverse phases. Forgot. But of course there will be buses running at night?!
Meh, nice to see your attention to detail and your dedication to RP :smallsmile:.

Now back to not voting :smallbiggrin:))

Shadow
2009-11-04, 05:35 AM
Just got home and I'm exhausted. Voting shall continue until some time tomorrow afternoon, after I get home, when I have the energy and brain function to write.

PirateMonk
2009-11-04, 02:11 PM
The boy walks towards the wall cautiously. "Hello?"

Shadow
2009-11-04, 03:44 PM
The boy walks towards the wall cautiously. "Hello?"

"Hello." a man replies as he steps from the shadows. "A little late to be out, isn't it?"
"I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd sit here and read a bit. We have a big test on Wednesday, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it."
"Can I help? I... ummm.... I couldn't sleep either."
"Sure, I guess. I was just studying philosophy, but I have a test in Anatomy that I need to study for too. Which do you think you could help with?"
"Believe me" the man replies, "Anatomy is much more suited to my tastes."

With a snarl, the man is on the boy in an instant. Only by sheer luck did the book fall onto poor Piratemonk's chest in the fall, covering his neck for a moment.
A moment was all she needed.
The slayer known as Faith emerges from the bushes with a smirk. "Good job kid, I knew that would work! Now let me handle this."

Another slayer, this one known as Buffy, rounds the corner in time to see Faith lunge at the vampire. "Faith!" she spits angrily, "what have I told you about using students as bait!" A broken chair leg emerges from Buffy's sleeve and Mordokai explodes in a cloud of ash.

"Well.... welcome back I guess. Try not to get anyone killed while you're here, ok?"
Five by five, cheerleader.

Five by five.

Mordokai was lynched
Mordokai was a vampire

Night one ends
Get a few hours of sleep before class tomorrow
and send all relevant PMs to both Helgraf and Shadow
Next update in approximately 24 hours

Mordokai
2009-11-04, 03:55 PM
Well that was fast...

*goes back to his coffin to get some sleep*

G'luck to my bloodsucking brothers and sisters. I imagine you'll need it.

Bayar
2009-11-04, 03:59 PM
Well that was fast...

*goes back to his coffin to get some sleep*

G'luck to my bloodsucking brothers and sisters. I imagine you'll need it.

You know, now I am tempted to point at you in Monster mash. Who knows ? You might be something worth lynching after all.

Shadow
2009-11-04, 04:05 PM
Sorry to see you go so quick Mordy, but it worked as a great way to get the slayer theme in effect, so I'm not complaining. :wink:

PirateMonk
2009-11-04, 04:28 PM
He looks around, confused. "What just happened?" Deciding that he must be delirious from lack of sleep, he heads home.

The next morning, he heads to school. He sits in his English class, eyes barely open, still wondering what happened the previous night.

Mordokai
2009-11-04, 04:29 PM
Eh, there's always the next time :smallsmile: Besides, you're just the executioner... I blame the mob :smallbiggrin:

Dirk Kris
2009-11-04, 04:34 PM
Starla climbs the steps to her new school, heads for her first class, and slips in at her desk. She wonders if anyone even notices her.

Philistine
2009-11-04, 06:50 PM
After three hours of fruitless searching, Paul finally gives up on finding "The Screamer," as he's dubbed the mystery individual, and heads for home. He's too keyed up to sleep, though, and so stumbles up the steps to school the next morning at a level of function somewhere between "sleepwalker" and "zombie."

His first class of the day is Math, and he takes a desk right up against a wall in the back half of the room. Slouching sideways to lean against the wall, his eyes are closed when he hears someone take the seat next to him. "Hey, good morning," he says automatically, not even bothering to open his eyes to see who it might be - though the sound comes out as "Eh, guhruhnuh."

Thufir
2009-11-04, 06:55 PM
Owen sits in his poetry class, listening intently, as the subject is of interest to him.

"Now would anyone like to offer an opinion on the final stanza? Thurman?"

"Well, “I’ve heard it in the chillest lands,” is offering the reader another reason to have hope, isn't it? Since it's heard even in the coldest, saddest lands. Hope is eternal and everywhere. The birds song of hope is even heard “And on the strangest sea.” Hope exists for everyone."

"Good analysis, thank you.Of course, hope is a very common theme in poetry, as of course is the lack of hope, feelings of futility or even despair. It can be interesting to note the contrast not only of sentiment but also of language between these different themes of poem, as we see for example in..."

Owen drifted off a bit, and started to muse on his night-time wanderings. Try as he might, he had yet to come across anything as thrilling as the experience he'd had years ago on his one date with Buffy Summers. He knew the interesting things were out there, he'd heard all sorts of odd rumours about them, and about Buffy, but for some reason he was always unlucky...

Lex-Kat
2009-11-04, 08:44 PM
Cerise wakes up with a yawn. After getting dressed, she skips down stairs for breakfast. You are NOT wearing that to school young lady. Get upstairs and put on something decent.

But Mooom.... Cerise starts.

You heard your mother. We will not have our little girl going to school looking like a two dollar tramp. Now get upstairs and change. NOW!

*grumble grumble* Cerise heads back upstairs and puts a sweater over her tank top. The a pair of not-too-tight jeans, tucking her short skirt underneath.

After checking herself in the mirror and deciding that her parents wouldn't notice, she quickly stuffs her biology books into her backpack and heads back downstairs.

Better? She asks, posing for them.

Both of them nod their approval and go back to eating their cream-of-wheat.

Cerise sits down and enjoys her maple flavored oatmeal. ~Mmmmmmm. My favorite.~

Reinholdt
2009-11-04, 09:45 PM
Kitty shifts out of the way of the Biology books as they disturb his sleep being stuffed into the backpack so haphazardly.

Though not for long. Can't keep a good nap down.

Helgraf
2009-11-05, 02:38 AM
Twelve times the bell tolled
calling forth the dread of old

Ancient demons past the hour
Seed of evil's time to flower

Neath the noonday sun achill
The principals shall work their will

Warp is weft and cannot fail
Weep ye now, for Sunnydale...

Yspoch
2009-11-05, 06:03 AM
The school psychologist Mr. Spoch dreaded another mind-wrecking workday in Sunnydale High - he would give himself some more minutes, smoking another cigarette before driving there. Yes, he would be late, but he didn't care. If he had known how many crazy nutjobs this school of horror would harbour, he would never have even considered taking the job. The nightmares, the uncalled for violence, the many runaways leaving behind heartbroken friends and lovers - it was a tad too much. His only wish was to live a quiet life and this involved not having to actually work too much. He put out his third cigarette, took a few aspirin and braced himself for those annoying little brats who surely would plague him today.

Dirk Kris
2009-11-05, 09:05 AM
After three hours of fruitless searching, Paul finally gives up on finding "The Screamer," as he's dubbed the mystery individual, and heads for home. He's too keyed up to sleep, though, and so stumbles up the steps to school the next morning at a level of function somewhere between "sleepwalker" and "zombie."

His first class of the day is Math, and he takes a desk right up against a wall in the back half of the room. Slouching sideways to lean against the wall, his eyes are closed when he hears someone take the seat next to him. "Hey, good morning," he says automatically, not even bothering to open his eyes to see who it might be - though the sound comes out as "Eh, guhruhnuh."
The new girl looks over in surprise at the mumbling, grumbling guy next to her. She smiles faintly - he was being nice. "Good morning. I'm Starla." She adjusts her headband and turns her brightest smile on - maybe she'd make a friend. Eyeing the mumbler, she smiles inwardly too. A cute friend, at that!

Wizibirb
2009-11-05, 09:16 PM
((Wow i really need to pay more attention, to the rules. Sorry didn't see the night and day switch :smallfrown: :smalleek:))

Jennifer looks up from her notebook as the new girl sat to her left, Starla she called herself. Bile rose in the back of her throat, the sheer amount of flirtation she was putting off was nauseating. Looking back down at her notebook she sighs audibly. Then she mutters to herself, Oh how I can't wait for today to end.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-05, 09:40 PM
After Cerise gets to school, she goes straight to the girl's bathroom and sets the backpack on the counter, unzippiong it. She then strips off her pants and sweeter, revealing the sexy halter and skirt underneath.

After a bit of teasing her hair, and redoing her make-up, she goes to put her extra clothes into the bag. Mister Buttons, what are you doing in there!?! She says surprised.

Reinholdt
2009-11-05, 09:51 PM
Reinholdt makes a quasi-growl. Someday his hooman would learn to call him by his proper name.

In the meantime, he needed to quickly re-establish his reputation. By hopping out of the backpack and landing on the sinktop missing the sink top horribly and landing on the ground with a skitter.

Well that didn't go as planned.

But he quickly recovers by some regular strutting, tail and head held high. Nothing works better than strutting.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-05, 09:58 PM
Mister Buttons! Cerise quickly picks up the strutting kitty. You can't be seen in here. Get back in the bag. She tries to stuff him back in to the back pack.

Reinholdt
2009-11-05, 10:03 PM
What? No way hooman! I went through a lot of naps to get here!

Mister Buttons... er... Reinholdt squirms a bunch, clawing at the side of the sink and the backpack, trying to get down and away into school.

happyturtle
2009-11-05, 10:04 PM
Reinholdt makes a quasi-growl. Someday his hooman would learn to call him by his proper name.

In the meantime, he needed to quickly re-establish his reputation. By hopping out of the backpack and landing on the sinktop missing the sink top horribly and landing on the ground with a skitter.

Well that didn't go as planned.

But he quickly recovers by some regular strutting, tail and head held high. Nothing works better than strutting.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/lolcats/clancywasnevermoreproudmurder.jpg

((Not in the game - lulz only))

Lex-Kat
2009-11-05, 10:13 PM
Mister Buttons escapes Cerise.

But the fact that the bathroom door is closed, hampers his escape attempt, wouldn't you say? :smalltongue:

((Just waiting for some random student to open the door for him, I guess.))

Reinholdt
2009-11-05, 11:09 PM
Indeed.

Mis... Reinholdt waits meows loudly at the bathroom door. That ought to get someone to open it. Predictable hoomans.

"MEOW MEOW MEOW!"

Oddity
2009-11-05, 11:23 PM
Oddity finally catches a ride to Sunnyvale High, too bad he couldn't be bothered showing up earlier. So tired from an entire 12 hours of epic gaming he can do nothing more than sleepwalk.

He rounds the corner to see that down the hallway a door is vibrating, a 'Meow' creeps out from the slight gap underneath it. Luckily for the poor cat, Oddity is not conscious enough to make the decision to let poor kitty suffer. He walks stumbles over to the door and zombishly raises a hand to open it. Unfortunately for the poor cat, Oddity is also so unconscious that he cannot perform the simple task of turning the handle. Hours pass before his arm finally looses tension, drops and with a "click" the opens the door.

Ten scratches to the face later, Oddity falls asleep in the doorway, much to the dismay of one 'Cerise' who is desperately trying to grab the taunting kitty on the other side.

"I'll get to maths when... *snores* go superman!"

((in other words... Oddity let poor kitty out but blocked the door so that cerise couldn't give chase))

Lex-Kat
2009-11-05, 11:56 PM
:smallconfused: I don't think I understood what just happened. Can anyone translate?

@^ Thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Philistine
2009-11-06, 12:18 AM
The new girl looks over in surprise at the mumbling, grumbling guy next to her. She smiles faintly - he was being nice. "Good morning. I'm Starla." She adjusts her headband and turns her brightest smile on - maybe she'd make a friend. Eyeing the mumbler, she smiles inwardly too. A cute friend, at that!

Paul starts at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, his eyes springing open as he attempts to blink away the unpleasant gummy feeling. "Uh? Huh? Uhmm," he responds. He's still shaking off sleep's grasping tendrils, but he manages to plant his feet and propel himself upright in his seat. "S-Starla? Hi, I'm, um, Pa-au-aw-l." A huge yawn escapes as he tries to give his name, and he blushes furiously. "I'm sorry," he mutters, eyes dropping to the floor in his embarrassment. "Didn't get much sleep last night."

Mustiado
2009-11-06, 11:16 AM
Gonna post away. I should be back by Sunday.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-06, 01:38 PM
Hey!! Let me out! Mister Buttons come back!! Cerise begins pounding on the girl's bathroom door.

Reinholdt
2009-11-06, 02:18 PM
Reinholdt scurries out into the hallways. Finally. Skool. His eyes grew with wonder and amaze...

Spitwads. Wedgies. Midterms. Detention. Cliques. Mystery Meat. Dodgeball. Showers. Public bathrooms. And that strange kid staring at him from down the hallway, watching and wheezing with allergies.

Fear. His eyes grew with fear. Skool is probably the scariest place ever. Mister Buttons goes running back down the hallway, desperately trying to find his hooman again so he can hide in her arms. Why would anyone want to go to skool?

Helgraf
2009-11-06, 03:06 PM
((Daytime ends - no more non-voting phase actions can be submitted today. Narration forthcoming. RP can, of course, continue unimpeded by this announcement.))

Helgraf
2009-11-06, 03:59 PM
Sunnydale is a community of secrets; some that have never been revealed, others are widely known but never ever spoken of. And others are just like high school drama - everybody knows, and they all talk with their cliques about it just within earshot of their chosen victims. Most, of course, fall between these three extremes in the triangle of secrets.

As day slowly turns into evening, the plans and actions of several of Sunnydale's residents bear fruit. Others bear thistles - and few indeed to know who is whom and which is which.

Observe...

There is a boy, heading over to another's house, possibly to discuss mutual interests. Possibly to throw rocks at his window. He doesn't walk like Shaggy, or bolt from shadow to shadow, or otherwise take any noteworthy efforts to conceal his presence or heading.

Imagine then, his great surprise when the grass collapses under him, sending him falling into a hole in the earth.

Fleeing Coward fell into a trap. It took him a while to get out.

Observe...

Here is another. Fairly superficial, taking advantage of the mall sales to pick up some new accoutrements. She steps into the changing booth to try on an outfit; notices the eyes in the mirror behind her and screams, kicking wildly. It is only good fortune that her blind strike catches her opponent in the chest; and the sound of approaching security convinces her would be attacker to seek easier prey. The attacker vanishes just before store personnel arrive to ensure she is alright.

Eldritch Knight survived a kill attempt by person(s) unknown.

Deep in a cave elsewhere, a figure in concealing clothing reads an incantation from a large leathery tome, spilling the blood of several otherwise innocent woodland animals into a pile of ashes as it chants. An otherworldly wind begins to howl as the blood offering is made; it howls through the tunnels, outside, it blows leaves off trees, snaps small branches and makes a mess of things in general for the poor people whose job it is to keep Sunnydale looking clean and proper. The wind builds, and with it a keening howl, until it reaches a thunderous cresendo - and then it stops all at once. In the cave, grave dirt, blood and ashes swirl together into a misshapen body...

Mordokai was raised from the dead. Per the carefully constructed rules for this sort of thing his role has been randomized. He is now unsettling of countenance to anyone he interacts with - We will leave the decision of what physical signs he shows to him.

It is a busy time indeed.

Several people notice that Willow appears to have returned from whatever trip it was she'd said she was going on - not that most folks paid any real attention; what was one less creepy girl in Sunnydale except perhaps an opportunity for more vicious gossip anyway. For those who actually were friendly with her, they would notice she seemed somewhat ... erratic ... sometimes overly close, sometimes awkwardly distant in personality.

Willow has returned. Her presence is something of a wildcard in Sunnydale, giving gifts and casting spells ...

Dusk has fallen and the new voting phase has begun. You have ~roughly~ 48 hours...

Murska
2009-11-06, 04:01 PM
Mordokai has returned from the dead? Mordokai should return to the dead. :smallbiggrin:

Guancyto
2009-11-06, 04:03 PM
Aw, heck, this has started already? That'll teach me to rely on subscriptions...

He really should. Who does he think he is, Gothicbob? Mordokai.

billtodamax
2009-11-06, 04:08 PM
Geesi. His role was randomized when he was revived, remember?

Murska
2009-11-06, 04:11 PM
So he still might be a vampire for all we know. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-11-06, 04:14 PM
*strokes chin*
Cunning.
*strokes chin*

Guancyto
2009-11-06, 04:16 PM
And there's nothing saying the bearer of the Book of the Dead can't be a vampire also, if I'm reading the rules right.

But really I just want to see how many times we can kill him in one game. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-11-06, 04:19 PM
Eh, I was going to point at Murska for not even giving me a chance, but that's just being mean, sooooo... Geesi instead.

RP may follow later.

Guancyto
2009-11-06, 04:25 PM
Aw. Fine, point retracted.

Mordokai
2009-11-06, 04:32 PM
Thank you.

So then, Murska instead.

BishFish
2009-11-06, 04:44 PM
cerise
all weird evil people have kitties

EDIT:Lex-Kat
cerise is the character

evnafets
2009-11-06, 05:06 PM
Hey, did you hear what happened to Fleeing Coward?
He was probably on his way to do some mischief to someone.

Oddity
2009-11-06, 06:10 PM
((Seer, Masons, it would be in your interest to scry me))

Mordokai

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-06, 06:40 PM
evnafets of all the roles that have abilities, the villagers only want to lynch 2 of those roles.
I may have been up to some mischief but I'm not someone that the villagers want to lynch :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-11-06, 08:41 PM
Cerise, finally gets out of the bathroom after missing three classes. Stupid boy blocking the door. :smallannoyed:

As she attends her last classes, she becomes increasingly worried about Mister Buttons. Where could he be!!

As the last bell rings, she really begins to search all the dark places where Mister Buttons may have hidden.

((BishFish))

Lamech
2009-11-06, 08:48 PM
evnafets of all the roles that have abilities, the villagers only want to lynch 2 of those roles.
I may have been up to some mischief but I'm not someone that the villagers want to lynch :smalltongue:

Actually FC there are plenty of roles the villagers might want to lynch. Of course, there are quite a few roles the villagers don't want to lynch... day bane, seer, fool, baner, spike...

Anyway I think there is something off about oddity seeming to claim a role.

Shadowcaller
2009-11-06, 08:50 PM
((Right... billtodamax I guess.))

Alarra
2009-11-06, 09:10 PM
Shadowcaller No reason really.

calar
2009-11-06, 11:32 PM
I dunno, I guess Mordokai for now.

Lamech
2009-11-07, 12:25 AM
((Seer, Masons, it would be in your interest to scry me))

Mordokai
Saying "scry me" is tantamount to saying "I have a power-role". Not only that since scry interference is in effect it is unlikely to actually produce scry results. And since vampires will like to attack power roles well... in all likely hood all this will accomplish is a vampire attack on oddity. Now this is just plain fine if he has a method of defending himself (say a lover or baner)...

BUT if he's a vampire and a bunch of vampires vote to night kill him, a nice coven of vampires forms.

So... I thought I'd offer my thoughts,
P.S. Also its day two and day one was totally blind (minus masons). Please don't read too much into my vote choice...

Reinholdt
2009-11-07, 12:45 AM
Murska rapid pointing action.
*zooms back off to game convention*

Aemoh
2009-11-07, 12:46 AM
*points at Mordokai*

All I know is when I was raised from the dead last game, I came back exactly the same.

Helgraf
2009-11-07, 03:01 AM
*points at Mordokai*

All I know is when I was raised from the dead last game, I came back exactly the same.

At the risk of compromising the air of secrecy, but in the interest of making the relevant facts are at your disposal, I choose to point out the following
Narrator's Notes:

A) We change things in each iteration of Vampire in a continual quest to find that place where balance and cool come together. It is not a guarantee that because your role was the same on return from death that that is a constant - in fact, I can point out cases where resurrectees gained an entirely different role than they possesses pre-death.
B) Certain roles in the game would have to be kept constant to prevent, say, a former mason from leaking the list to his vampiric friends
B1) That said, a role reassignment from, say, vampire to villager, is not impossible, if the vampire in question has not formed a coven, since all the vampires start the game not knowing anyone but themselves.

Summary: In the end, you must make up your own mind - I'm just laying out the groundwork here to establish that - with the ruleset we have built - Mordokai is not automatically a vampire simply because he was one before
death. He may be, or he may not be.

Yspoch
2009-11-07, 04:13 AM
Murska

Being lynched on day one is not pleasant, but happens (or better has to happen). But being lynched day 1 AND day 2 because of such a weak assumption is a bit much.

Mordokai
2009-11-07, 04:20 AM
*points at Mordokai*

I'm pretty sure you were a member of high society(that is, a villager) in the last game, before you got lynched/night killed and then came back as vampire. So, besides of aplying faulty logic to the case, you're wrong or just have bad memory.

Wizibirb
2009-11-07, 05:31 AM
Murska
Jenifer raised from her spot and headed for the door as the two lovebirds in the back of the class kept talking. They had been at it all math class it was sickening.

Zar Peter
2009-11-07, 05:33 AM
Point at Murska.

Logic: See Yspoch

Murska
2009-11-07, 08:36 AM
Hey, he was lynched day one and thought he was out of the game. Let's not give him false hope.

Besides, it's more likely he's a vampire than that a random other person picked from the crowd is.

Then again, I don't mind if you lynch me instead. Give me your best shot, I'm not going to budge an inch.

Aemoh
2009-11-07, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure you were a member of high society(that is, a villager) in the last game, before you got lynched/night killed and then came back as vampire. So, besides of aplying faulty logic to the case, you're wrong or just have bad memory.

Actually, I was the Fool(Peter Hawkins, as verified by my e-mail archive of PMs). And came back as the Fool.

Couple days after that, Vlad invited me to join them and I said yes. Became the Bloodhunter then. I have a good memory for games I rather liked(though that game coulda ended better...)

But this is bit moot, since I trust Helgraf isn't just messing with us. Still, my point stands. Better safe than sorry :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-11-07, 01:36 PM
Actually, I was the Fool(Peter Hawkins, as verified by my e-mail archive of PMs). And came back as the Fool.

Couple days after that, Vlad invited me to join them and I said yes. Became the Bloodhunter then. I have a good memory for games I rather liked(though that game coulda ended better...)

But this is bit moot, since I trust Helgraf isn't just messing with us. Still, my point stands. Better safe than sorry :smalltongue:

Thanks for making it public knowledge how unreliable you can be :smallbiggrin: I sure hope people will remember that when the recruitments start :smallwink:

But you are, of course, right. You were fool and I remember that now :smallsmile: Still doesn't mean the same happened to me.

Zar Peter
2009-11-07, 03:01 PM
Thanks for making it public knowledge how unreliable you can be :smallbiggrin: I sure hope people will remember that when the recruitments start :smallwink:

But you are, of course, right. You were fool and I remember that now :smallsmile: Still doesn't mean the same happened to me.

But you were a fool and now you came back and you are a...

No! Not the punt boots again! No!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bayar
2009-11-07, 03:40 PM
Murska. Lets see if the guy with the Book of the Dead ressurects you !

Murska
2009-11-07, 03:52 PM
He won't have to. :smallwink:

PirateMonk
2009-11-07, 04:37 PM
The persistently anonymous boy sits in his room, doing math homework.

Murska sets up his surveying equipment 35 feet from a lamppost. He measures a 27° angle to the top of the lamppost. How tall is it?

Uncle Festy
2009-11-07, 06:34 PM
Hurm.
Mordokai to dodge the autolynch.

Guancyto
2009-11-07, 06:53 PM
He won't have to. :smallwink:

Well, if that's how it's going to be... Murksa.

Murska
2009-11-07, 06:54 PM
Bring it on. But that's the only time you'll lynch me this game, deal?

Guancyto
2009-11-07, 06:54 PM
No promises. :smallwink:

PirateMonk
2009-11-07, 06:55 PM
Bring it on. But that's the only time you'll lynch me this game, deal?

((Unless we find convincing evidence that you're a vampire.))

Murska
2009-11-07, 06:55 PM
Well, at least the only time you're lynching me with no basis and instead of someone far more likely to be a vampire, okay?

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-07, 07:13 PM
lynching the same person on two consecutive night is not cool. And therefore... Murska

GAThraawn
2009-11-07, 09:55 PM
Murska, for reasons already stated.

Murska
2009-11-07, 09:56 PM
lynching the same person on two consecutive night is not cool. And therefore... Murska

Let's lynch Mordokai tomorrow then?

Jontom Xire
2009-11-08, 04:33 AM
I think I missed reading this yesterday.

Anyway I want blood from Murska so he gets my point!

Murska
2009-11-08, 10:17 AM
I think I missed reading this yesterday.

Anyway I want blood from Murska so he gets my point!

Doesn't this sound sort of vampiric to you all? :smalleek:

Dirk Kris
2009-11-08, 10:26 AM
Paul starts at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, his eyes springing open as he attempts to blink away the unpleasant gummy feeling. "Uh? Huh? Uhmm," he responds. He's still shaking off sleep's grasping tendrils, but he manages to plant his feet and propel himself upright in his seat. "S-Starla? Hi, I'm, um, Pa-au-aw-l." A huge yawn escapes as he tries to give his name, and he blushes furiously. "I'm sorry," he mutters, eyes dropping to the floor in his embarrassment. "Didn't get much sleep last night."

Starla smiles warmly. "It's alright - no need to apologize. So, exciting nightlife, homework, or a girl keep you up all night?" She chuckles quietly, teasing. "Listen, I missed yesterday's lesson - obviously. Do you have any notes or anything I can borrow? I'm no good with geometry."
((Jontom Xire did sound a little wolfy.))

BishFish
2009-11-08, 10:35 AM
Mordokai 5
Murska 10
BishFish 1
Lex-Kat 1
Geesi 1
FC 1
Evafets 1
Oddity 1
Billtodamax 1
Shadowcaller 1
Jontom Xire 1

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-08, 11:12 AM
Alarra

have to point at someone. Might as well be one who I at least *KNOW* is out to get me.....:smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2009-11-08, 12:32 PM
Doesn't this sound sort of vampiric to you all? :smalleek:

I didn't say I was going to drink it!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-08, 01:24 PM
Vampiric.
Too tired to go and read on from page 4 and see what happend, so I'l do that later. Hopefully before day end.
Because it makes sense and is tradition!

The Bookworm
2009-11-08, 01:28 PM
Mordokai was a vampire last time we killed him, so we kill him again. If he's a vampire this time, then we've used inductive reasoning (aka trial and error) and can make the Vampiric Mordokai Conjecture, which we can then write a paragraph proof about!

Reinholdt
2009-11-08, 07:29 PM
Cerise, finally gets out of the bathroom after missing three classes. Stupid boy blocking the door. :smallannoyed:

As she attends her last classes, she becomes increasingly worried about Mister Buttons. Where could he be!!

As the last bell rings, she really begins to search all the dark places where Mister Buttons may have hidden.

((BishFish))
Reinholdt purrs happily. He'll never be found in the kitchen trash nomming on the thrown away fish sticks! Especially now that the hoomans have started to leave.

Shadow
2009-11-08, 07:30 PM
Because I've been ill and I'm not really in the mood to write at the moment, I'll allow a few more hours before scene.

This is me being nice, thus allowing a few of you a few more hours to not get yourself autolynched.

Incidentally, those in danger of autolynch are:
Curlykitgirl
Mustiado
Night Surgeon

happyturtle
2009-11-08, 07:54 PM
Gonna post away. I should be back by Sunday.

FYI

((When I'm narrating, I don't like to end day/night phase on the weekend because there are too many players who aren't online then.))

Philistine
2009-11-09, 12:37 AM
Starla smiles warmly. "It's alright - no need to apologize. So, exciting nightlife, homework, or a girl keep you up all night?" She chuckles quietly, teasing. "Listen, I missed yesterday's lesson - obviously. Do you have any notes or anything I can borrow? I'm no good with geometry."
((Jontom Xire did sound a little wolfy.))

Paul grins sheepishly, more or less fully awake now. "None of the above - I just went out for a walk and lost track of time," he replies, reluctant to tell the cute new girl about the scream he'd thought he heard or the fruitless hours of pacing the town looking for its source.

"And you don't have to worry about missing lessons in this class," he goes on with a slight smile and a quirked eyebrow. "Coach Andersen is worse than useless, he just reads straight from the textbook. So what I usually do is, the night before a test I take the book home and work it out for myself. It's not that hard, as long as you haven't paid any attention at all to what Coach was saying in here." His smile slips as his brain catches up with his mouth. Moron! You all but called her an idiot there! "I mean, I'm pretty good at this stuff," he says, the words practically tripping over each other in his haste. "So I might be able to, you know, give you a hand sometime. If you want."

(( Uncle Festy, so that I don't risk autolynch tomorrow. ))

Freshmeat
2009-11-09, 01:07 AM
*points at Geesi*

Hyozo
2009-11-09, 01:33 AM
I think I'll point at Mordokai.

EDIT: Not without red text I won't.

Oddity
2009-11-09, 03:03 AM
Oddity finally wakes up from his lack-of-sleep induced stupor. Finding himself on the floor in the principles' office he has little times to come to grips with his predicament.
TRUANT EH!?
SLEEPING DURING TONIGHT'S LESSONS?
but uh....
This is going on your record Monotony.

Oddity Monotony:

Do not indulge.
Do not trust.
Check his eyes are open, periodically. (the hair gets in the way)
Just don't bother.

Record of achievement:
English -Fail
Mathematics -Pass
Philosophy -Fail
Science - Pass
Humanities -Epic Fail

Off to DAYTIME DETENTION!
NOOO00000ooo0oo0oOO0ooo.... *snores*

banjo1985
2009-11-09, 09:45 AM
Murska for the wagon!

Fan
2009-11-09, 10:36 AM
Murska , if he's already lynched Shadow

Dirk Kris
2009-11-09, 10:40 AM
Paul grins sheepishly, more or less fully awake now. "None of the above - I just went out for a walk and lost track of time," he replies, reluctant to tell the cute new girl about the scream he'd thought he heard or the fruitless hours of pacing the town looking for its source.

"And you don't have to worry about missing lessons in this class," he goes on with a slight smile and a quirked eyebrow. "Coach Andersen is worse than useless, he just reads straight from the textbook. So what I usually do is, the night before a test I take the book home and work it out for myself. It's not that hard, as long as you haven't paid any attention at all to what Coach was saying in here." His smile slips as his brain catches up with his mouth. Moron! You all but called her an idiot there! "I mean, I'm pretty good at this stuff," he says, the words practically tripping over each other in his haste. "So I might be able to, you know, give you a hand sometime. If you want."
"Sounds great! You know, I was out walking last night too. Shame I didn't run into you then. You know..." Starla leans closer, lowering her voice. "This place gets pretty creepy after dark. I was jumping at shadows all over the place." She shivers, then straightens, quietly clearing her throat, a little embarrassed. "So I take it your parents don't let you drive, either?" The Coach mutters something about talking in class, and Starla sinks into her seat. Cheeks blazing, she writes something on a scrap of paper and passes it over to Paul.

Starla - 555-4488
1257 Brighton Avenue

Let me know if you need a bodyguard on your next walk.

calar
2009-11-09, 11:17 AM
Lex-kat for the random.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-11-09, 02:01 PM
((Stupid university sucking away my ability to Use Internet As A Fun Thing. *muttermuttergrumblegrumble*))

Curly, running home frantically because she has an essay unfinished due in for tomorrow's classes sees Murska in the distance, "Wonder what he's doing out so late?"

Lex-Kat
2009-11-09, 02:11 PM
Reinholdt purrs happily. He'll never be found in the kitchen trash nomming on the thrown away fish sticks! Especially now that the hoomans have started to leave.
Cerise is at home, crying her eyes out in her room. Mister Buttons please come home!!

Thufir
2009-11-09, 07:55 PM
Owen stalks around the deserted school. Passing the kitchen he hears something. Excitement building, he sneaks in quietly, slowly moves towards the source of the noise, then rushes forward to surprise what turns out to be Reinholdt. (He's probably a bit startled.)
"Silent be, it was the cat... I should probably go home, get some sleep..."
He walks home slowly, occasionally humming to himself. At one point he mutters half a poem.
"I sing to use the waiting,
My bonnet but to tie,
And shut the door unto my house,
No more to do have I."

Helgraf
2009-11-10, 06:09 PM
Mister Buttons may well eat his fill of fish sticks; and as a cat he is both agile and quick.

But there are things in Sunnydale that are quicker than cats.

Quick as a lick, he's scooped up before his whiskers can even register protest. Three words are spoken, and there is a faint popping sound.

Mister Buttons finds himself suddenly at the home of his hooman...

.. and Willow wanders off, having done her 'good deed' for the night.

Reinholdt
2009-11-10, 09:23 PM
Home?
Huh.
But there was so much left to explore!
Oh well. The food wasn't that great anyways.
Reinholdt hops up onto Cerise's bed, purring and licking his paws.

Shadow
2009-11-11, 08:56 AM
I apologize for the lateness of this post.
I've been in a coma for a few days with the flu.
I also apologize for the shortness of it, but I'm not feeling very creative and I felt that keeping the game moving was the better idea than making you wait longer.

Murska was lynched, but survived due to unknown circumstances.
Please send all appropriate actions to Helgraf and myself.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-11, 03:42 PM
Cerise looks to see Mister Buttons jump up on her bed. She blinks, not believing her eyes. Blinks again.

Mister Buttons!! She lunges at the cat, scooping him up into near-cat-crushing huggles.

Never leave me again Mister Buttons. Never ever ever. I was sooo worried. She begins to cry happily as she hugs and pets him.

Reinholdt
2009-11-11, 09:13 PM
Reinholdt shivers a little at the use of his hooman-given name. Would Cerise like to be called by the cat-given one he had? Nooooo.

And the way she was acting, you'd think he was gone for a week. :smalleek:
>>
<<
Still... it was hugs and pets.
*purr purr purr*

Philistine
2009-11-11, 10:01 PM
"Sounds great! You know, I was out walking last night too. Shame I didn't run into you then. You know..." Starla leans closer, lowering her voice. "This place gets pretty creepy after dark. I was jumping at shadows all over the place." She shivers, then straightens, quietly clearing her throat, a little embarrassed. "So I take it your parents don't let you drive, either?" The Coach mutters something about talking in class, and Starla sinks into her seat. Cheeks blazing, she writes something on a scrap of paper and passes it over to Paul.

Starla - 555-4488
1257 Brighton Avenue

Let me know if you need a bodyguard on your next walk.
Paul reads Starla's note with bemusement, then shakes his head, chuckling. He catches her eyes again and nods, smiling.

They don't have any more classes in common, though, and several of Paul's teachers pile on the homework that day. He goes straight home that night and stays there; the piece of paper with Starla's number rests atop his cell phone on the dresser, where he sees it the next morning as he gets ready to return to school. He hurries after that, rushing to school and taking his seat in Coach Andersen's Geometry class several minutes before the bell so that he can watch the other students as they file in. Looking for Starla.

Dirk Kris
2009-11-12, 10:51 AM
Paul reads Starla's note with bemusement, then shakes his head, chuckling. He catches her eyes again and nods, smiling.

They don't have any more classes in common, though, and several of Paul's teachers pile on the homework that day. He goes straight home that night and stays there; the piece of paper with Starla's number rests atop his cell phone on the dresser, where he sees it the next morning as he gets ready to return to school. He hurries after that, rushing to school and taking his seat in Coach Andersen's Geometry class several minutes before the bell so that he can watch the other students as they file in. Looking for Starla.

Starla comes in wearing her favorite jeans and a shiny new blue sweatshirt emblazoned with the school name and mascot. She spots Paul and waves, hurrying back to her seat. "Hey you. You going to the game tonight?" She gestures down at her shirt. "I figure the new girl might as well show some school spirit. Might get someone to notice me." She blushes prettily, tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "You know, you were the only person who even spoke to me yesterday? I guess people don't like to welcome new kids much, huh?"

Lex-Kat
2009-11-12, 06:51 PM
Reinholdt shivers a little at the use of his hooman-given name. Would Cerise like to be called by the cat-given one he had? Nooooo.

And the way she was acting, you'd think he was gone for a week. :smalleek:
>>
<<
Still... it was hugs and pets.
*purr purr purr*
If only there was a way for Cerise to know that Mister Buttons didn't like his hooman-given name. I mean human-given name.

She decides to celebrate Mister Buttons incredulous return. She picks him up, cradling him like a baby, and carries him downstairs quietly.

Shhhhhh. Mister Buttons. Let's not wake Mom and Dad.

Reinholdt
2009-11-12, 07:33 PM
Cerise probably could swear she sees Mister Button nod. Or perhaps that was just a nuzzle? Kitties are quiet and so is he.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-12, 07:43 PM
Cerise quietly sneaks down stairs and places Mister Buttons on the counter-top. Someplace he's normally shoo'd off of.

She then gets out a can of tuna and begins to open it. How about some tuna Mister Buttons?

Reinholdt
2009-11-12, 07:47 PM
Cue meowing and trying to get at the tuna before the can is open. Food! Yay! Food! Meow!

Lex-Kat
2009-11-12, 07:48 PM
Cerise lifts the can out of Mister Buttons reach. Shhhhh! You'll wake Mom.

Reinholdt
2009-11-12, 07:58 PM
Meow! Mister Buttons stands on his legs, trying to reach the can. Meow!
Though after that he stops and sits and staaaaaaaaares. Fooooood.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-12, 08:32 PM
Cerise scoops out the tuna into a bowl, letting Mister Buttons eat as she forks it out. There ya go. *Pet pet*

She then cracks open a second can and begins to eat it herself. Mmmmmm Tuna. :smallsmile:

Philistine
2009-11-12, 08:45 PM
Starla comes in wearing her favorite jeans and a shiny new blue sweatshirt emblazoned with the school name and mascot. She spots Paul and waves, hurrying back to her seat. "Hey you. You going to the game tonight?" She gestures down at her shirt. "I figure the new girl might as well show some school spirit. Might get someone to notice me." She blushes prettily, tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "You know, you were the only person who even spoke to me yesterday? I guess people don't like to welcome new kids much, huh?"

"Well, I'm the last person who's gonna try to claim that Sunnydale is a jerk-free zone, but we do see an awful lot of new faces around here," Paul replies apologetically. "And most of them are gone in a week or two - something about good ol' Sunny D just puts a lot of people off, I guess. So for some of the old lifers, it's like they don't even see you until you've been around at least a month and seem like you're gonna stick, you know?" He shrugs, then smiles shyly. "I extend to you my humblest apologies - on behalf of my jerktastic fellow students, who don't know what they're missing."

Helgraf
2009-11-14, 01:53 AM
Found nailed to a tree...

What have I ever given you Sunnydale...
but that which was mine and freely

What have you taken from me Sunnydale
that which was mine and cruelly.

What is the price that is willed
and who collects the gild
for the injustice of a people
for the injustice of our people.

From ourselves, to ourselves
black so bleak and light so weak

The fires of justice shall burn.
Sleep Sunnydale ... it will soon be your turn.

Helgraf
2009-11-14, 11:18 PM
((OOC: Mood: :smallmad: Yes, the phase is running long; I let the first few days run longer to give people a chance to remember the stuff they can and should be doing.

However, enough is enough. Day (non-voting phase) ends when I get home tomorrow night. Any actions not received? You missed your chance. While it makes sense for people with limited use powers, for those who can use abilities every night without restriction it doesn't. You know whom you are.))

Dirk Kris
2009-11-15, 10:44 AM
"Well, I'm the last person who's gonna try to claim that Sunnydale is a jerk-free zone, but we do see an awful lot of new faces around here," Paul replies apologetically. "And most of them are gone in a week or two - something about good ol' Sunny D just puts a lot of people off, I guess. So for some of the old lifers, it's like they don't even see you until you've been around at least a month and seem like you're gonna stick, you know?" He shrugs, then smiles shyly. "I extend to you my humblest apologies - on behalf of my jerktastic fellow students, who don't know what they're missing."
Starla blushes prettily, her cheeks flaring crimson against her pale complexion. "Thanks. You, um, you don't have to do that. Flatter me, I mean. I mean, come on, you don't even know me yet. We sat next to each other in math for two days." She realizes she is rambling and likely making a fool of herself, and yet she can't stop the flow of nonsense. "Now, if you ever actually CALLED me or hung out with me sometime, I might believe you a little more. Tell you what, come to the game with me tonight, and then I'll accept your apology. Deal?" Her eyes twinkle, teasing him and clearly enjoying it.

Helgraf
2009-11-16, 02:14 AM
The fires of justice shall burn.
Sleep Sunnydale ... it will soon be your turn.

Daytime; a time of relative safety for the citizens of Sunnydale. A time when they can pretend to live like normal people; well, okay, normal Californians, and forget about the boogeymen and the vampires and the unnatural disappearances and insane residents, the local PCP problem the police promise to crack down on, and all the other things that make the town unique.

"It's a pity it isn't going to last much longer," the principal muses with a too smug smile on his face. His left hand moves forward, and the knife cuts another gash in the chest of the ... thing ... that lies restrained, nailed to the stone beneath by spikes of cold iron. Black blood with orange globules in it flows from the wound, over the chest and down, spattering the stone, and then seeping downward again, until it drips off the bottom of the stone, into the Hellmouth.

Each drop causes wisps of black smoke to rise from the 'mouth. Each drop causes the dark clouds in the sky to grow larger, thicker and darker. Each time the oozing stopped, the principal would open another wound. By the time the creature bled its last, the entire city and a large section of the surrounding countryside was enshrouded. The sun no longer shone on Sunnydale.

"Now begins the time of Sunnydale Nights," the principal murmured as he cleaned off the knife and kicked the bloodless corpse into the Hellmouth.

The Principal did unpleasant things. Sunnydale weather has taken a turn for the worse.

---

Elsewhere in Sunnydale...

Young Master Evnafets looked up at the dark sky and sighed. It had seemed such a simple chore - go to the supermarket, get eggs, a loaf of bread and a jug of milk. He even knew a shortcut that would save him considerable time by hopping over old man Wither's fence and cutting across his back lot.

He hadn't accounted for the pit trap old man Withers had dug to keep kids off his property.

Evnafets fell into a trap. His mom was furious at how long it took him to get the groceries.

With the sudden cessation of sunlight, the vampire population decided to take advantage to increase their blood supplies by having a early nosh. Some of them approached the small convienience store where lamech was working an afternoon to evening shift to make some extra money to buy his first car. They entered the store...

Lamech was attacked by vampires....

... and scrambled back out the front door within seconds. Xander stepped out of the store, sipping on a Ultra-Gulp with a submachine gun slung over his shoulder, his other hand still on the trigger.

"It'll be phosphorus rounds for the next one of you I get my hands on. Where are you from? The country of white trash?"

... but was saved by Xander.

Late that day, the police were called to a bookstore in responce to a theft. The details are sketchy, but a girl matching Willow's approximate appearance was said to have stolen an ancient and rare book of historical importance.

Willow stole an ancient book.

Day ends and Night begins. Night will last for approximately 48 hours.

Lamech
2009-11-16, 07:24 AM
... Hi all! I'm the baner, (and if you don't believe that I'm at least not a vampire because I was attacked instead of forming a coven with them, at least thats how I think the rules work.) OTOH if I somehow die and get ressurected? That might end very, very badly. But I don't think the narrators are that cruel.

First off mason's if you guys need to kill me for project ADAM? I think it would be in our best interests to wait a bit. Because a) we have time to set up a villagers network, and b) then you won't have to sacrifice a black fang and a mason to kill me.

Also one person claiming to be a lover has contacted me (and claimed a specific role of the lovers.) To the other lover, if you claim the other role I can give your name to this person.

I thinks it is important to note that I was attacked by vamps and EK was attacked by unknown people.

Finally, I'm just the baner. If I end up with some special knowledge, I'll tell you. Until that I'm just a guy that is a good source of networks. (And a whole days vitimans.)

banjo1985
2009-11-16, 08:29 AM
Okay...seems like Lamech is the baner, or at least a confirmed innocent, as I don't believe the vampires can set up an attack on each other that makes it into the narration. Unfortunately, he's just about the only one I know we shouldn't vote for, and I have nothing to go on.

I'll go for Thufir on a whim, cuz he's a tricksy fellow with all his matheses. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-11-16, 08:45 AM
I'm still pointing at Mordokai.

Dirk Kris
2009-11-16, 10:02 AM
((Reinholdt because Mr. Buttons sounds like a sinister alter-ego name to me.))

Jontom Xire
2009-11-16, 10:42 AM
... Hi all! I'm the baner, (and if you don't believe that I'm at least not a vampire because I was attacked instead of forming a coven with them, at least thats how I think the rules work.) OTOH if I somehow die and get ressurected? That might end very, very badly. But I don't think the narrators are that cruel.

First off mason's if you guys need to kill me for project ADAM? I think it would be in our best interests to wait a bit. Because a) we have time to set up a villagers network, and b) then you won't have to sacrifice a black fang and a mason to kill me.

Also one person claiming to be a lover has contacted me (and claimed a specific role of the lovers.) To the other lover, if you claim the other role I can give your name to this person.

I thinks it is important to note that I was attacked by vamps and EK was attacked by unknown people.

Finally, I'm just the baner. If I end up with some special knowledge, I'll tell you. Until that I'm just a guy that is a good source of networks. (And a whole days vitimans.)

1) I think you mean "Initiative" not "Masons".

2) Who else could have attacked EK if not vampires? Does anyone really expect the initiative to have used a black flag so early? How come he didn't die?

3) Does anyone else find it odd that people keep falling into traps, and why does it look like everyone is ignoring this? Unless I'm mistaken the "Trapper" is doing very nicely identifying people with roles. Good or bad, how can we find out?

Oh, and I point at Murska on general principles. I.e. that he's a sneaky no good devious weasel who always backstabs and/or betrays me.

Hyozo
2009-11-16, 02:19 PM
I'll point at reinholdt.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-16, 03:35 PM
'Banjo, cause his missus will appreciate it.

BishFish
2009-11-16, 03:40 PM
how 'bout reinholdt

Guancyto
2009-11-16, 03:41 PM
Zar Peter for me.

evnafets
2009-11-16, 04:39 PM
I thought I'd never say this.
I'm gonna follow Murska on this one.

evnafets points at Mordokai

Bayar
2009-11-16, 04:53 PM
Mordokai for now.

Lamech
2009-11-16, 06:21 PM
Iniative: I would like to work with you. We both want to beat the vampires right? You can kill me when ever you want at the cost of one of you members. I'm NOT going to betray you. (Unless I'm rezzed as a vamp of course.)

And lets go with... Jontom Xire P.S. (And remember unless I specify otherwise my points are not based on some secret knowledge. So please don't sheep.)

PirateMonk
2009-11-16, 06:25 PM
Lamech to make the gullible villagers think I'm a wolf.

Mordokai
2009-11-16, 06:52 PM
Tired... so very tired...

Ever since coming back, he didn't even dare to look himself in the mirror. He was a monster... even more so than before. An anathema. And it would make his life even harder. Everybody remembered what he was. Nobody would trust him. Not that he deserved it.

Touching his cheek, there was a long scar. Was it from previous life? Did one of the demons in hell left it there? He couldn't remember. It didn't matter. What it did matter was that he was still here... again. And yet, it appeared it wouldn't last. Nobody would trust a former monster.

A sign. The graveyard. He remembered it well. He spent a lot of his time here... it seemed so long ago. He wobbled past the shrieking gates and soon, he found a gravestone with his name on it.

Was it really so long ago? Was he dead for so long already? He remembered the moment of his death. A single shot. Darkness. A brief moment of light... and then darkness again. Ever since, he saw no light ever again. It didn't bothered him, he was a never big fan of light. But it did made him unique. It made him what he was. Not natural. And the others knew it as well.

He approached the dirt. Leaning down, he took a fistful of dirt and brought it closer to the nose. It smelled... familiar. Home. He was home again. And for the first time, in a long time... he smiled.

Laying down, he kept smiling. For there might be demons, there might be darkness... but he would endure. He would come out as a winner in the end. And as his body degraded into soil, he left out one last sigh. He would not come back again.

Alarra
2009-11-16, 06:53 PM
PirateMonk, cause that's something a wolf would say. :smallwink:

The Bookworm
2009-11-16, 09:36 PM
Thufir please.

Wizibirb
2009-11-16, 09:46 PM
Mordokai just in case

billtodamax
2009-11-17, 12:22 AM
Reinholdt. No good reason. Just that Mordokai's getting lynched in Batman.

Oddity
2009-11-17, 02:39 AM
((Jontom Xire beacause I can't remember what he said.))

Oddity stubles out of his trancelike state. Daytime detention is not the way to go in Sunndale. A whole 12 hours (he is a very troubled individual) staring at a blank page does certain things to yor Psyche. He walks towards his first class, hoping to catch a few precious moments of slumber before the overly enthusiastic chatter of the mindless masses filled his head. No luck though, soon enough all he could hear was Hey man that's my seat and So I like walked up to him and he was like I'ma throw you on the floor Oh my gosh he didn't AoRoGoHh
Oddity merely sat with his head on the desk, dreaming of a time he didn't have to be so attentive.
He would have had a repeat of so many days; fall asleep, miss the next class, get a detention, if it wasn't for his eyes noticing a particularly beautiful girl. He couldn't help but stare, seemingly new, she was all alone noone acknowledged her. Despite his laid back appearance, Oddity was not inclined to immediately start talking to her, he was quite the observer and preferred to appear disinterested. (even if he was particularly interested)

It wasn't until after lunch that he made his move, albeit unintentionally. Sauntering towards class as he always did, she came flying into him from round the corner apparently chasing he backpack which had made its way into the middle of the hallway moments before. In an effort of pure emotional indifference Oddity calmly lifts the bag from the ground and hands it to the girl. You ok? Yeah, thanks! Name's Oddity, but everyone calls me Odd. Can't see why they would, the vacant gaze, slumped pose not to mention the non matching socks. They must be crazy! Hey, be quiet. A smile appears on his face Whats your name?
(void to be filled by anyone who feels like it)
((apologise for length?... nay can't be bothered))

Yspoch
2009-11-17, 05:12 AM
(Placeholder calar till i have a little bit more time to read)

Thufir
2009-11-17, 06:42 AM
Owen is wandering around like someone in a daze. He's sure something's going on, he can feel it somehow... but he has no idea what. And surprisingly, given this is Sunnydale, it hasn't killed anyone yet, whatever it is...
Caught up in his thoughts, he narrowly avoids bumping into several people and one lamppost as he wanders through town.

((Let's go with PirateMonk))

Aemoh
2009-11-17, 06:56 AM
*points at Mordokai*

Sorry. Really, but I still think you should be lynched.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-17, 06:57 AM
Looks like it's pretty clear who's going to get lynched today.
evnafets looks like you were up to no good too :smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2009-11-17, 07:48 AM
I'm going to point this out, so no other people screw this up. The lovers do not die from the lynch normally.

Cordelia & Oz - Exclusive Autobane : Cordelia and Xander will not die except under specific circumstances. If one of them is targetted by more than one kill effect in a given night, they will die. If either of them is using one of their powers, they are vulnerable to death for a period as listed in the power used (typically for one voting phase and one nonvoting phase). The Lovers do _not_ start the game knowing one another.
(I assume the "Xander" is supposed to be "Oz") As you can see, nothing in there about dying if they get lynched. Also important to note the lovers may or may not be on team good.

Zar Peter
2009-11-17, 07:56 AM
I point at Reinholdt, I killed Mordy in this game once, I don't want to kill him twice.

Jontom Xire
2009-11-17, 09:19 AM
Looks like it's pretty clear who's going to get lynched today.
evnafets looks like you were up to no good too :smallbiggrin:

Freudian slip I think! The implication is that you were up to no good on night 1!

So Fleeing Coward has a night action (or an object that gives him a night action). We know that because he got caught in a trap (resists urge to break into song). That makes him the perfect choice for vampire night kill - so why didn't he get night-killed?

1) The majority of vampires didn't notice or were too apathetic to care.
2) They tried and a coven was formed.
3) The vampires were afraid he would get baned.

Reason 1) doesn't quite wash for me. Trying to kill FC gives them the perfect opportunity to either kill a powerful enemy or link up to a powerful ally.

Reason 3) doesn't work for me either. After all the baner would have no idea if FC was friend or foe, so is unlikely to protect him (as in fact turned out to be the case).

So my betting is on reason 2. But I could be wrong.

Murska
2009-11-17, 09:24 AM
Why do I get the feeling that's just to save Mordokai?

Let's check it tomorrow instead.

Thufir
2009-11-17, 09:26 AM
I think FC was referring to this post by evnafets:

Hey, did you hear what happened to Fleeing Coward?
He was probably on his way to do some mischief to someone.

Admittedly, this doesn't mean he's not a vampire...

Freshmeat
2009-11-17, 09:35 AM
*points at Mordokai*

Dirk Kris
2009-11-17, 09:42 AM
Oddity stubles out of his trancelike state. Daytime detention is not the way to go in Sunndale. A whole 12 hours (he is a very troubled individual) staring at a blank page does certain things to yor Psyche. He walks towards his first class, hoping to catch a few precious moments of slumber before the overly enthusiastic chatter of the mindless masses filled his head. No luck though, soon enough all he could hear was Hey man that's my seat and So I like walked up to him and he was like I'ma throw you on the floor Oh my gosh he didn't AoRoGoHh
Oddity merely sat with his head on the desk, dreaming of a time he didn't have to be so attentive.
He would have had a repeat of so many days; fall asleep, miss the next class, get a detention, if it wasn't for his eyes noticing a particularly beautiful girl. He couldn't help but stare, seemingly new, she was all alone noone acknowledged her. Despite his laid back appearance, Oddity was not inclined to immediately start talking to her, he was quite the observer and preferred to appear disinterested. (even if he was particularly interested)

It wasn't until after lunch that he made his move, albeit unintentionally. Sauntering towards class as he always did, she came flying into him from round the corner apparently chasing he backpack which had made its way into the middle of the hallway moments before. In an effort of pure emotional indifference Oddity calmly lifts the bag from the ground and hands it to the girl. You ok? Yeah, thanks! Name's Oddity, but everyone calls me Odd. Can't see why they would, the vacant gaze, slumped pose not to mention the non matching socks. They must be crazy! Hey, be quiet. A smile appears on his face Whats your name?[/SIZE]
((New girl? With my font color? Must be me!))
Starla is surprised by the new guy bumping into her as she waits for Paul's answer. She smiles gratefully as he retrieves her bag and hands it back to her. "Starla. Nice to meet you." She sticks her hand out for a shake. "I haven't seen you in class the last few days since I've been here - are you new too?"

Lamech
2009-11-17, 09:51 AM
Err... Mordy

calar
2009-11-17, 10:03 AM
Yeah, Ive been thinking Reinholdt for some time.

Reinholdt
2009-11-17, 10:04 AM
Mister Buttons yawns, blinking awake. It was night! Night's when stuff happens! Hooray for nocturnal.

((Mordokai isn't me.))

Jontom Xire
2009-11-17, 10:04 AM
Why do I get the feeling that's just to save Mordokai?

Let's check it tomorrow instead.

Sorry, not been keeping up that well - what was the evidence against Mordokai again?

I'm guessing it's that someone thought he was suspicious for no real reason - again.

Murska
2009-11-17, 10:06 AM
He was lynched. He was a vampire. Then he was resurrected.

Zar Peter
2009-11-17, 10:08 AM
My guess is he was a Vampire and then bitten by a normal... now he's turning normal but no one believes him :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-11-17, 10:25 AM
He was lynched. He was a vampire. Then he was resurrected.

Which as the narrator has pointed out at least once I think, guarantees that he's a vampire again.

No, wait, that's the wrong way round.

Which as the narrator has pointed out at least once I think, does not guarantee that he's a vampire again.

Jontom Xire
2009-11-17, 10:28 AM
I'm not trying to save Mordokai, in fact I have half a hunch that they may be lying to us and that Mordokai is in fact guaranteed to be a vampire, but how about we try a bit of logic instead of mass hysteria.

Plus, if Mordokai isn't a vampire I find it very amusing that the Necromancer raised a vampire from the dead only to bolster our ranks. Which would weaken the vampire position only if we don't lynch him.

Murska
2009-11-17, 10:31 AM
He might be a vampire, a vampire powerrole or a villager. His behavious points slightly towards vampire.

Are you really telling me you have someone more likely for us to lynch?

Mustiado
2009-11-17, 12:01 PM
I really dont think we should be lynching Mordokai again. If I recall correctly his role is randomized when he comes back.

Hyozo as a protest against Senseless lynch based on avatar.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-17, 03:46 PM
Lamech is up to something, I think.

BishFish
2009-11-17, 05:06 PM
Reinholdt against sensless lynching!!
wait a second...
thufir 2
Mordokai 8
reinholdt 6
banjo 1
zar peter 1
lamech 2
piratemonk 2
jontom Xire 1
calar 1
evafnets 1
fleeing coward 1
hyozo 1

Shadow
2009-11-17, 05:06 PM
I'm not trying to save Mordokai, in fact I have half a hunch that they may be lying to us and that Mordokai is in fact guaranteed to be a vampire

To solve any argument, I'll (somewhat) explain it.
Helgraf and I have rules regarding deceased players returning to the game.
I will not explain all of these rules, but I will point out that Vampires start blind. They don't know each other.
So would it be implausible for the narrators to take the first day's lynch who has absolutely no knowledge of any other bad guy, and change his team?
No, it would not be implausible.
I'm not saying we did.
I'm not saying we didn't.
But we realistically could have gone either way and no one would be the wiser.
The game balance would not be effected by it at all.
No secrets would be revealed.

So choose for yourselves what you think we did, because we literally could have done either without affecting a single thing regarding balance.

To answer:
Mordokai is not guaranteed to be a vampire, as you seem to think.

Murska
2009-11-17, 05:11 PM
He isn't a guaranteed vampire but he is pretty much guaranteed not to be the second seer or baner or something. Worth a shot.

Yspoch
2009-11-17, 05:19 PM
Hmm, after reading all of this, I'll just stay with my random point. I don't want to lynch Mordokai and the alternative of lynching Reinholdt doesn't appeal to me either - he's Mr. Bottoms after all!

Oddity
2009-11-17, 07:25 PM
((New girl? With my font color? Must be me!))
Starla is surprised by the new guy bumping into her as she waits for Paul's answer. She smiles gratefully as he retrieves her bag and hands it back to her. "Starla. Nice to meet you." She sticks her hand out for a shake. "I haven't seen you in class the last few days since I've been here - are you new too?"

((whoops sorry thought you used the other color :smallwink:))

Oddity smiles as he shakes Starla's hand. I wish, sadly there isn't a teacher in the school who doesn't know me. So where'd you move from?

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-17, 09:04 PM
Jontom, regarding the "Freudian slip", like Thufir already said, I was replying to evnafet's day 2 point at me saying that I was up to mischief only for him to fall into the trap himself last night :smalltongue:

As for your theory, unless I remember incorrectly, in this game if the highest amount of votes is against a vampire, there'd be just not kill for the right but last night there ws a kill attempt on what is most likely the baner so your logic makes no sense about a coven been formed by vampires attacking me.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-17, 10:09 PM
Zar Peter, for having a clearly accurate theory. :smalltongue:

GAThraawn
2009-11-17, 10:41 PM
Mustadio Mordokai, because the majority I can't possibly be wrong, can they I?

(Don't answer that)

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-17, 10:46 PM
Mustadio, because the majority can't possibly be wrong, can they?

1) Yes, it can

2) What majority? You're the first one who's voting him :smallconfused:

Anyway, Reinholdt, because I really think that constant attempts to kill AGAIN someone who already died once is not cool.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-18, 01:06 AM
Opeth Freak, because I don't remember ever voting for him in the past, and I'm horrible at analyzing things so early in the game.

Philistine
2009-11-18, 01:09 AM
Starla blushes prettily, her cheeks flaring crimson against her pale complexion. "Thanks. You, um, you don't have to do that. Flatter me, I mean. I mean, come on, you don't even know me yet. We sat next to each other in math for two days." She realizes she is rambling and likely making a fool of herself, and yet she can't stop the flow of nonsense. "Now, if you ever actually CALLED me or hung out with me sometime, I might believe you a little more. Tell you what, come to the game with me tonight, and then I'll accept your apology. Deal?" Her eyes twinkle, teasing him and clearly enjoying it.

"Pffft. Who says I was even talking about you? I could be saying that people here don't know what they're missing by not welcoming new faces in general, and you're just so self-centered that you assume I must be talking about you in particular," Paul retorts, mouth twitching as he attempts to repress a grin. "Being the magnanimous fellow that I am, however, I suppose I could watch the game with you tonight. Meet up at your place at, oh, six?"

(( Point at Reinholdt. Everyone knows kitties are Eeeeeeeeeeebil. ))

Jontom Xire
2009-11-18, 03:45 AM
He might be a vampire, a vampire powerrole or a villager. His behavious points slightly towards vampire.

Are you really telling me you have someone more likely for us to lynch?

I think so, read my post.

Jontom, regarding the "Freudian slip", like Thufir already said, I was replying to evnafet's day 2 point at me saying that I was up to mischief only for him to fall into the trap himself last night :smalltongue:

As for your theory, unless I remember incorrectly, in this game if the highest amount of votes is against a vampire, there'd be just not kill for the right but last night there ws a kill attempt on what is most likely the baner so your logic makes no sense about a coven been formed by vampires attacking me.

Last game (I think it was last game) I was a vampire and we formed a coven even on nights when someone was killed. It went like this:

A and B vote to kill me.
I vote to kill someone else.
C, D, and E vote to kill F.

Result? F dies and A, B, and I form a coven.

That actually happened twice last game.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-18, 06:35 AM
Last game (I think it was last game) I was a vampire and we formed a coven even on nights when someone was killed. It went like this:

A and B vote to kill me.
I vote to kill someone else.
C, D, and E vote to kill F.

Result? F dies and A, B, and I form a coven.

That actually happened twice last game.

Can the narrators confirm or deny this? I just assumed the only circumstances a coven was formed is if the vampires attacked another vampire.

I had read your reasoning as the majority of vampire tried to attack me but that obviously wasn't the case.
Regarding myself been the perfect night kill yesterday, there were 3 viable targets the vampires would have been thinking about yesterday - the baner, Murska and myself. They picked the baner which is hardly unusual although a stupid play by the vampires in my opinion.
Also, I'd like to mention that there is no reason for the vampires to attack me, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the neutral masons tried that themselves although I'm going to say that I ain't one of the targets they're after.

Jontom Xire
2009-11-18, 07:20 AM
Regarding myself been the perfect night kill yesterday, there were 3 viable targets the vampires would have been thinking about yesterday - the baner, Murska and myself. They picked the baner which is hardly unusual although a stupid play by the vampires in my opinion.

Three viable targets?

1) Murska - who was proven immune to lynch and so probably immune to night kills too - bad choice for a vampire kill I think.

2) The baner - and of course they all knew who that was! I didn't see anything to indicate that Lamech was the baner until after the kill attempt, and failure, was narrated. So how did enough of the vampires know he was the baner to get a majority, especially given that it IS a vote and, as you pointed out, a bad idea. So even if all the vampires had known Lamech was the baner, do you really think a majority would have voted to kill him?

3) You.

I smell misinformation. Deliberate lies. I suspect you more.

We all know you have a role or an item. The vampires either know you're a vampire (because they targetted you and formed a coven) or targetted Lamech last night. So I cannot see why you use such weak excuses rather than just claiming your role. Except of course that the REAL person with that role can contact Lamech to deny your role and Lamech would lead a bandwagon against you. And if you turned out to be genuine then Lamech, who is self-baned and so untouchable, can tell us all the name of a vampire to lynch tomorrow.

Murska
2009-11-18, 07:43 AM
I'll just point out that my information points towards the explanation that Fleeing Coward had an item.

Of course, I cannot know for sure, but I have a couple things that would point towards that possibility. And no, I can't tell them. Take this as you will.

Reinholdt
2009-11-18, 09:18 AM
Mister Buttons looks at the crowd of rioters forming around his house. What did he do? It was just some fish that was going to get trashed anyways. He starts meowing helpfully. Cerise! Cerise! Where was his hooman? He needed to be held.

((Least with Mordokai you know you aren't going to hit an important power role.))

Dirk Kris
2009-11-18, 09:43 AM
"Pffft. Who says I was even talking about you? I could be saying that people here don't know what they're missing by not welcoming new faces in general, and you're just so self-centered that you assume I must be talking about you in particular," Paul retorts, mouth twitching as he attempts to repress a grin. "Being the magnanimous fellow that I am, however, I suppose I could watch the game with you tonight. Meet up at your place at, oh, six?"
Starla starts to feel embarrassed, then catches the twitch that gives Paul away. She flushes and hides her face behind her textbook, afraid that if she says anything, it will only serve to make her look more silly. If that's possible. So instead she nods. "Still got the address?" She peeks out from behind her book to smile warmly, eyes bright...

Oddity smiles as he shakes Starla's hand. I wish, sadly there isn't a teacher in the school who doesn't know me. So where'd you move from?

...coach calls class to a start. Starla slides into her seat and tears a piece of paper out of her notebook. KANSAS She shows it to Oddity.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-18, 02:14 PM
Mister Buttons looks at the crowd of rioters forming around his house. What did he do? It was just some fish that was going to get trashed anyways. He starts meowing helpfully. Cerise! Cerise! Where was his hooman? He needed to be held.

((Least with Mordokai you know you aren't going to hit an important power role.))
Cerise picks up Mister Buttons and hugs him close, as she looks out the window at the crowd gathering around the house.

Who are all these people Mister Buttons? What do they want with us?

She turns to run upstairs to wake Mom and Dad.

She bursts into the room, only to find that they are missing. Mom!? Dad!?

Reinholdt
2009-11-18, 02:23 PM
Cerise picks up Mister Buttons and hugs him close, as she looks out the window at the crowd gathering around the house.

Who are all these people Mister Buttons? What do they want with us?

She turns to run upstairs to wake Mom and Dad.

She bursts into the room, only to find that they are missing. Mom!? Dad!?
Meow. Meow meow meow. MEOW. Meow. Meow.

I think he told Cerise to get into the attic and hide there while he fends them off.

Shadow
2009-11-18, 05:38 PM
Can the narrators confirm or deny this? I just assumed the only circumstances a coven was formed is if the vampires attacked another vampire.
I won't say yes or no, but I'll show you the rules once more.

--Vampires: (Wolves) You have risen from a recent torpor, your memories of the last month or so a complete haze. Your job is to lie, deceive, and cajole the students into not lynching you. After the non-voting phase begins, PM the narrator(s) with your vote on whom you wish to drain dry. The Narrator(s) will NOT PM you with whomever the other Vampires are. You scry as a Vampire. If there is a tie in the vote for the Vampire kill, the vote will be randomly determined among those selected who are tied with the most votes. If the vote for whom to feed upon should happen to be an unknown Vampire, instead of death, all of the Vampires who voted to kill said player instead learn that he is a fellow Vamp, and thus, a Coven is created. Each Vamp not yet introduced into a Coven votes separately. --*Note* The Narrator(s) will keep track of how many Vampires have been introduced to any given Coven. When the Coven vote gets sent in, all Vampires which are a part of the Coven will be counted as voting for that person, and weigh that versus the individuals still apart from the Coven.Take that as you may.

Oh, and update later this evening/night.

evnafets
2009-11-18, 05:44 PM
I'll just point out that my information points towards the explanation that Fleeing Coward had an item.

Hmm. That would make plenty of sense.
Night 1: Fleeing Coward falls into a trap.
Night 2: 'Cordelia' goes to steal his item

evnafets falls into a trap...

disclaimer: this is NOT an admission of being Cordelia. I wasn't targetting FC last night.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-18, 09:45 PM
Meow. Meow meow meow. MEOW. Meow. Meow.

I think he told Cerise to get into the attic and hide there while he fends them off.
What's that Mister Buttons? Timmy's in the basement and his hair's on fire?

Who's Timmy Mister Buttons?

Cerise heads to the attic, still holding Mister Buttons.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-18, 10:25 PM
Three viable targets?

1) Murska - who was proven immune to lynch and so probably immune to night kills too - bad choice for a vampire kill I think.

2) The baner - and of course they all knew who that was! I didn't see anything to indicate that Lamech was the baner until after the kill attempt, and failure, was narrated. So how did enough of the vampires know he was the baner to get a majority, especially given that it IS a vote and, as you pointed out, a bad idea. So even if all the vampires had known Lamech was the baner, do you really think a majority would have voted to kill him?

3) You.

I smell misinformation. Deliberate lies. I suspect you more.

We all know you have a role or an item. The vampires either know you're a vampire (because they targetted you and formed a coven) or targetted Lamech last night. So I cannot see why you use such weak excuses rather than just claiming your role. Except of course that the REAL person with that role can contact Lamech to deny your role and Lamech would lead a bandwagon against you. And if you turned out to be genuine then Lamech, who is self-baned and so untouchable, can tell us all the name of a vampire to lynch tomorrow.

1) There's just as good a chance that Murska was the day baner - that had actually been my initial thought.

2) My mistake, Oddity was the one that claimed (asked to be scried) day 2, I don't know how I got them confused.

I've claimed to Lamech, he knows my role and I intend to keep it that way until I get killed.

Lamech
2009-11-19, 10:16 PM
*Pokes a narrator*

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-19, 10:49 PM
*Pokes Lamech for poking the narrators*

Wizibirb
2009-11-20, 12:26 AM
*stabs Lamech and Fleeing Coward* :smallamused:
No poking people :smallmad: :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-11-20, 12:48 AM
*burns Sanity at the stake*
Don't be mean!

Lex-Kat
2009-11-20, 12:56 AM
*Pokes the narrators again* :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2009-11-20, 05:40 AM
((Shadow's got the lynch phase narration. Poking won't help.))

Yspoch
2009-11-20, 05:56 AM
But it seems to be fun... *pokes random person* :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2009-11-20, 06:27 AM
((Shadow's got the lynch phase narration. Poking won't help.))

Maybe a bucket with cold water? :smallbiggrin:

Shadowcaller
2009-11-20, 07:45 AM
((Don't think I have voted yet, Uncle Festy.))

Lex-Kat
2009-11-20, 01:25 PM
Shadow? *Stops poking*

BishFish
2009-11-20, 03:22 PM
Thanksgiving! (for us in us) I won't be able to post for a week, but if I can, I will.

Uncle Festy
2009-11-20, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=BishFish;7352081](for us in us)
… er…
:smalltongue:

Wizibirb
2009-11-20, 03:56 PM
*pokes lex-kat* hey rp with me.... please :smallsmile:

BishFish
2009-11-20, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=BishFish;7352081](for us in us)
… er…

yeah us or rather U.S.A.
but us is better

Philistine
2009-11-20, 05:53 PM
Starla starts to feel embarrassed, then catches the twitch that gives Paul away. She flushes and hides her face behind her textbook, afraid that if she says anything, it will only serve to make her look more silly. If that's possible. So instead she nods. "Still got the address?" She peeks out from behind her book to smile warmly, eyes bright...

Paul nods, but doesn't have time to say anything more before Coach begins droning the day's lesson... straight from the textbook, as always. While he's thinking about it, he pulls his phone from its pocket and programs Starla's number into it, careful to keep it below the desk and out of Coach's eyesight.

((
Shadow's got the lynch phase narration. Poking won't help.
Well, it won't cause narration to appear any sooner. Whether or not it helps is between the prospective poker and Shadow. ))

Lex-Kat
2009-11-20, 09:42 PM
*pokes lex-kat* hey rp with me.... please :smallsmile:

Sure, but you're going to have to explain why you're in Cerise's basement. :smalltongue:

Helgraf
2009-11-21, 03:19 AM
((Ladies and Gentlemen, do you know what time it is? Why yes, it's Event Time! It's time for an unpredictable and quite possibly dangerous event that you must choose your responce to; how you individually and collectively decide has direct impact upon the next phase of the storyline! But first, let's set the stage...))

Rough Map of Sunnydale: Here (http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sunnydale.map.png)

The Bronze; local nightclub, serving good times, good coffee, and for those old or shrewd enough, liquor. It is a popular hangout for both high school and university students, and has seen its share of the supernatural populace as well.

However, foul weather, poor spirits, and vicious rumors - some true, some utter lies, most somewhere in between - have had a polarizing effect on the visitors to the Bronze.

Tonight, someone went over the edge. Nobody knows quite how it began, but the word spreads even quicker than the panicking students and clubgoers - the Bronze is on fire!

The flames have already spread to the Armory, and are headed for Radcliff Park. If they reach the park, the fire will become a full fledged inferno.

Stacey's Gym, the Repair and Guns shop across the street have just begun to burn; and Weatherly Park is near...

In addition to the lynch vote (already made) every player must indicate the course of action they are going to take. Obvious options include the following. Write your option in Blue text. Bolding is optional.

A) Help save the Bronze (extinguish east-side fires) (Medium Risk)
B) Help save Stacy's Gym / the Gun store / the Repair shop (Low Risk)
C) Attempt to loot one of the buildings on Fire for something useful
- 1) The Bronze (Fire hottest, maximum risk)
- 2) The Armory (High risk due to potential backdraft issues)
- 3) The Gun store (High risk - ammunition is explosive, after all)
- 4) Stacy's Gym (Medium risk)
- 5) the Repair Shop (Medium risk)
D) Stay away from the whole thing and hope someone else takes care of the problem (No Risk)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-21, 04:58 AM
I'm gonna A) Help save the Bronze.

Com'on people, you don't want your hangout place destroyed, do you? I mean seriously, it's pretty much the only place in town where they got good live music and other stuff.

Go save the Bronze!

Lamech
2009-11-21, 08:52 AM
Hmm... wait...
Obvious options include the following. So I can try something else?

Helgraf
2009-11-21, 10:44 AM
Hmm... wait... So I can try something else?

That is what that implies, yes. Just whatever you're trying post it in Blue text. The narrators will figure out how risky it is and what, if any reward it may be worth.

Lamech
2009-11-21, 11:12 AM
I call the fire department.

Reinholdt
2009-11-21, 11:23 AM
Lamech... you're the greatest. :biggrin:

Attempt to loot the gun store.

Bayar
2009-11-21, 11:25 AM
Attempts to extinguish the gun store.

Murska
2009-11-21, 11:30 AM
Attempt to save Bronze. We might have a bigger chance of success the more we have working at the same place.

Eldritch Knight
2009-11-21, 12:30 PM
Loot the Armoury ((Yes, that's how it's SUPPOSED
to be spelled. At least here in Canada. :) ))

Mustiado
2009-11-21, 01:05 PM
Help save the Bronze. I agree with Murska on this one. Now I have to go take a shower after saying that.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-21, 01:24 PM
Then I'm going to Help save the Bronze, and let Buffy poke me with a silver cross and flirt with her.

billtodamax
2009-11-21, 03:26 PM
I'll loot the repair shop. To see if we can't rebuild something after the fire's done.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-21, 04:02 PM
Cerise, who finally escaped the basement, just happened to be at Stacy's Gym.

She'll try to put the fire out there.

Wizibirb
2009-11-21, 04:19 PM
Jen walked around the corner, what she saw amazed her... Everything was on fire. She rushed over to the nearest place that was on fire, which happedned to be Stacy's Gym, and started to help put out the fire. While there she noticed her long time friend, Cerise. She rushed over to aid her.

(help put out the fire at Stacy's Gym)