PDA

View Full Version : Cypher languages?

Rixx
2009-11-02, 03:42 AM
Is there a website or tool or anything similar that can turn a sentence or paragraph of the King's English into a spew of pseudofantastical gibberish? I'm interested in bringing in more to do with different languages in a campaign I'm in, and would like to be able to have phrases and such to use that are consistent, if not linguistically meaningful.

Ideally, there'd be several different settings for more or less harsh sounding languages - does anything like this exist?

Zen Master
2009-11-02, 05:11 AM
Is there a website or tool or anything similar that can turn a sentence or paragraph of the King's English into a spew of pseudofantastical gibberish?

Well - do you play WoW? Horde and alliance can 'hear' each other, but the words are garbled. You'd need to characters tho - and mind you, the process cannot be reversed. Or to be more precise - or possible less so - if an alliance character repeats the gibberish spoken by a horde character, it does not come out as something the horde character would understand.

Ratzinkaiser
2009-11-02, 06:58 AM
Is there a website or tool or anything similar that can turn a sentence or paragraph of the King's English into a spew of pseudofantastical gibberish?

As far as pronouncable cypher languages go, it's hard to go wrong with the Al Bhed language from Final Fantasy X. Browsing Google I was able to find an english -> Al Bhed translator (http://www.pixelscapes.com/twoflower/albhed.html), complete with phonetics to show you how the gibberish is pronounced.

the_l_z
2009-11-02, 07:02 AM
I would go with Bulgarian It looks kinda like runes.

Google translate

Bayar
2009-11-02, 10:56 AM
I would go with Bulgarian It looks kinda like runes.

Google translate

That is the russian script...and chirilic if I remember well.

Anyway, you could download the Daedric font to make some "Elder Scrolls" runes on papers.

You could also try to search for a Zalgo-text convertor on Google (if you dare).

Rixx
2009-11-02, 02:46 PM
The Al-Bhed translator is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for! Does there exist other things like it?

Tyrmatt
2009-11-02, 04:30 PM
I once roleplayed knowing Thieves' Cant as speaking in Cockney Rhyming Slang...Oh the hilarity.

I'd recommend finding something that translates to Cyrillic as the symbols are suitably unfamiliar to Westerners.