PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Graveyard

Pages : [1] 2 3

root9125
2009-11-02, 11:10 AM
Here (http://www.celestine-empire.net/battlegrid/DM.php?sessionID=Sealed%20Graveyard) is the map.

Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=79329) is the former action.

And here, the GitP forums, goes the new action. Initiative order is as follows:

Blackadder (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=161171)
Alex (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=161221)
McCaster (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=164888)
Dwarven (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7342)
Baroud (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=151100)
Littlelarge (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=161171)
Pointy Leafears (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7252847&postcount=13)

Excellent.

Action begins in five minutes.

root9125
2009-11-02, 11:30 AM
Your attacks devastated the closest undead. Three drop (the one grabbling Blackadder, the other that he swung at, and the one Dwarven cleaved straight through).

You hear a distant noise, a clawing at the ground. The air temperature drops suddenly as a creature pulls itself from the grave about a hundred feet hence. It looks like it used to be vaguely human.

The zombies nearest you don't pay it any mind. They attack without mercy.

Dwarven:
You are the subject of two attacks, the undead who seem to be nearly surrounding you continually slamming their decaying bodies against you.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Blackadder: 2 zombies nearest you turn their attention to you, seeking your flesh.

Attack 1: [roll4]
Damage 1: [roll5]
Attack 2: [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7]

Dax: 2 of the seemingly endless horde assault you, their weight nearly overwhelming.
Attack 1: [roll8]
Damage 1: [roll9]
Attack 2: [roll10]
Damage 2: [roll11]

Baroud: 1 of the zombies grabs your arms and attempts to force you to the ground.
Touch attack: [roll12]
Opposed Strength: [roll13]
You get an AoO.

Alex: 1 zombie reaches for your leg and attempts to pull you down.

Touch attack: [roll14]
Opposed Strength: [roll15]
You get an AoO.

To end the round, yet more of the endless horde come up from the ground. You see at least 3.
End round 2
Begin Round 3

Eurus
2009-11-02, 12:13 PM
Alex

The zombie reaching for Alex misses, and he bites at its arm. He and his transformed companion both focus their attacks on that one, attempting to drag it down and tear it limb from limb.

OOC
Aspect of the Wolf allows a free trip attempt on any successful hit (rolls included below, if needed). Alex and Zephyrus both attack the zombie that tried to trip Alex, moving on to another one if that one is destroyed. If the zombie is knocked prone, subsequent attacks against it receive a -4 penalty to AC.

Attack of opportunity:
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Alex's attack:
[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

Zephyrus's attack:
[roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

Tavar
2009-11-02, 12:15 PM
Dwarven
AC-15, Touch-11

Lads, we need to get t'th'tomb. Melee cut a route throught them, and everyone else get moving!

Taking immediate action, Dwarven takes a mighty slash at the zombies grappling Baroud.

AOO if applicable: [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Attacking Zombie at K-6[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Using Stone Bones, gain DR 5/Ad. Note, this doesn't help vs delayed damage pool damage. Also, heal 2 points due to stance.

Additionally, if possible, Dwarven will move forward, attempting to get to the tomb, to H8 or H7.

Finally, gain Crusader's Strike as my readied maneuver.

Oh, and if I get and AOO for the next round: [roll4]
Damage[roll5]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-02, 09:50 PM
Baroud

AoO:
[roll0]
[roll1]
I attack again against a zombie.
[roll2]
[roll3]

root9125
2009-11-03, 12:05 AM
Baroud

The zombie grappling you to the ground pulls harder, forcing you to exert yourself to get free.

You forgot your opposed strength check, so I'll roll it for you.
[roll0]

The zombie can't control someone of your power with his feeble strength! You swing at him after shaking yourself free. You miss, but the zombie won't be grabbing at you any more. Taking another mighty swing with your greatsword, you almost graze another zombie. You haven't yet hit, but neither have you allowed the undead menace to hurt you in the least.

Roc Ness
2009-11-03, 12:26 AM
Blackadder

"BLAARGH! REDIE ALREADY" Blackadder yells, but realises he is quite seriously injured and swings less haphazardly, before retreating slightly

[roll0] Full Attack {COMBAT EXPERTISE} Zombie N8
[roll1] Damage, if any
AC now 15//11

5-foot step to end up in square L7

Roc Ness
2009-11-03, 12:31 AM
I forgot to add the if any AOOs
[roll0] AOO with Combat Expertise
[roll1] Damage, if any

root9125
2009-11-03, 01:07 AM
Dax, apparently overwhelmed by the confusion, stands silently for a few seconds.

The large zombie from the northeast lumbers closer.

The zombies seem to have developed some sort of tactics! They're attacking in groups, against the weakest of you. It's almost as if they're being commanded...
"Take them, my friends..." The voice you heard earlier is back.

The zombies move around front to cut you off. And to assist them, two more rise from the earth. All of you, please make Spot checks in your next post.

Dax:
You take 4 attacks, 2 of which are grapple attempts, and the other two get flanking bonuses. Ouch...

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Touch Attack: [roll4]
Grapple: [roll5]
Strength: [roll6]

Touch Attack: [roll7]
Grapple: [roll8]
Strength: [roll9]

Dwarven:

Three attacks... Ouch. Two grapples... And one with flanking.

Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Touch Attack: [roll12]
Grapple: [roll13]
Strength: [roll14]

Touch Attack: [roll15]
Grapple: [roll16]
Strength: [roll17]

Zephyrus (Alex's animal companion)

Two zombies with slam attacks.

Attack: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19]

Attack: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]

Combat resolution:

The zombie attacking Dwarven can't hurt him in the least. The ones trying to grab him fail miserably.

Dwarven demolishes a zombie reaching to grab him! He's able to get away from the horde, towards the tomb, with only a few minor scratches from other zombies.
Dwarven, gain another 75 XP.

Baroud tries to swing at a zombie moving past him, but can't seem to hit him.

Dax is really getting pummeled out there!

The animal companion takes a single hit, but nothing that he can't handle.

root9125
2009-11-03, 01:24 AM
In attempting a run for the tomb, Dwarven near-recklessly sprints past almost half a dozen zombies! Does he make it?

Attack: [roll0]

Attack: [roll2]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Only one of the hits can do more than glance off of his newly fortified stance! He made it all the way to the entrance of the tomb.

End Round 3
Begin Round 4

Tavar
2009-11-03, 01:33 AM
Dwarven

Come on Laddies. They're just grind us away if we don't get inside.
Though he's at the tomb, Dwarven stops to attack some of the zombies on th route.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Crusader's Strike:[roll2] healing to me, or Blackadder if he move's within 10 feet of me before my attack.
2 healing to Blackadder, or me if he gets the benefit of Crusader's Strike No healing due to failed attack roll.
Granted Maneuvers(bolded):
[roll3]
[roll4]
Crusader's Strike
Vanguard's Strike
Stone bones
Leading the Attack
Douse the Flames

Roc Ness
2009-11-03, 02:59 AM
Blackadder

"Wait up a bit Dwarf!" Turns slightly to Alex, "MOVE BOY!"

[roll0] Attack {POWER ATTACK}
[roll1] Damage, if any {POWER ATTACK}

[roll2] AOO, if any {COMBAT EXPERTISE (AC 15//11)}
[roll3] Damage, if any

Blackadder doesn't move this round, as there isn't really anywhere to move to.

root9125
2009-11-03, 03:02 PM
Both of your blows fall short of injuring the extremely resilient zombies. Dwarven sits at the entrance to the tomb, seemingly waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.

Eurus
2009-11-03, 04:12 PM
Alex responds with a barking noise, presumably intended as an affirmation because he and his companion take one more chomp at the zombies before bolting for the tomb.

Alex and Zephyrus each attack the zombie in J-6.

[roll0]; [roll1]; [roll2]

[roll3]; [roll4]; [roll5]

They then move, making sure to keep within 5 feet of each other at all times. Alex moves to H-8, and Zephyrus moves to I-8.

root9125
2009-11-03, 04:27 PM
Both Alex and Zephyrus connect, felling one zombie. In a whirl of fur and blood, they bolt for the door to the tomb. On the way there, they're hit by a few zombies trying to cut them off. Will they make it to the tomb?

Attack on Alex: [roll0]

Attack 1 on Zephyrus: [roll2]

Attack 2 on Zephyrus: [roll4]

One of the zombies lands another hit on Zephyrus, but Alex emerges unscathed.

Dax's temporary paralysis has become permanent; a zombie pins him to the ground and begins devouring the corpse.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-03, 07:01 PM
I strike again!
Die, you foul beasts!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-03, 07:03 PM
Critical! Woot!
1d20=6
Doubling my last one or:
[roll0]

root9125
2009-11-03, 07:04 PM
Baroud swings and fells another of the undead. The way is nearly clear!

If you're going to get to the tomb, now's a good time! And don't forget to tell me what you're doing with your move action. Baroud will take 2 AoO, and Blackadder will take 1.

Also, Baroud and Alex gain 150 XP apiece. Which is now the consistent amount for 1 zombie at level 1. If I awarded you less in the past, feel free to fix it.

root9125
2009-11-03, 07:07 PM
Baroud struck at its neck, nearly lopping its head off. But it doesn't seem to mind! The undead menace can't be killed that easily!

It falls nonetheless, but Baroud knows now that there is no additional damage to be dealt by critically wounding them.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-03, 07:10 PM
Whoops. I move towards the crypt, ending up in H7.

root9125
2009-11-03, 07:12 PM
Running unprotected toward the tomb, Baroud must dodge the attacks of two zombies blocking his path.

One of the zombies hits him full on with a club... but he manages to press on and ends up standing right next to Dwarven, pressed up against the tomb.

Waiting on blackadder's move action... He has till 8:30 EST to give it.

root9125
2009-11-03, 09:55 PM
Most people made it to the entrance to the tomb. Who knows what horrors await them inside...

I do!

The bugbear zombie approaches. He's extremely close, uncomfortably so, even. As with the previous rounds, MORE zombies crawl up from the ground, mumbling something vaguely reminiscent of "braaaaains..."

The rest of you see Blackadder, frozen in a particularly intense fight for his life against a zombie; unresponsive except for a single slash while he's surrounded by zombies.

Blackadder (so sorry)

Each of the zombies attempts to swing at him with their clubs, hoping to wear him down by attrition alone.

Attack 3: [roll4]

Attack 4: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Attack 5: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Attack 6: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Attack 7: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Attack 8: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

You take over 15 points of damage.

Again, sorry. At least your death will reveal to the party what the heck that voice is. Roll a new character if you like, people get planeshifted all the time.

The place where Blackadder's body used to be suddenly shimmers, and a man wearing a black robe, with a pendant around his neck, appears.

Knowledge(religion) to know what it is

"Excellent. The first of them has fallen. We shall see the end of them all ere long!"

End of Round 4
Begin Round 5

Dragon Elite
2009-11-03, 10:08 PM
Knowledge:
[roll0]

Eurus
2009-11-03, 10:13 PM
Unable to open the door in his canine shape, Alex lets out a mournful howl as Blackadder falls. Zephyrus growls threateningly at the cleric and zombies, but remains still.

Delaying, until someone opens the tomb door. Just posted for the heck of it. :smallbiggrin:

Tavar
2009-11-03, 10:19 PM
Dwarven

Dwarven stiffens as Blackadder falls, but his eyes blaze as he recognizes the man in the robes.
Ack, He's a servant of Nerull. Well, we'll see about anyone else falling.

With that he puts his shoulder against the door, attempting to open it.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-03, 10:21 PM
I join Dwarven's effort to open the door.
How would you say it... ach, thats a heavy door.

root9125
2009-11-03, 10:23 PM
The door doesn't move at first, leading you ALMOST to believe it's locked... but after Alex begins to help, it moves, slowly, creaking, open. The zombies are nearly biting at your heels. You need to get inside!

Tavar
2009-11-03, 10:27 PM
As soon as it opens, dwarven turns and motions for the others to get in. After the others get in, he will enter, acting as a rearguard.

AOO if necessary: [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

maneuver:[roll2]
Crusader's Strike
Vanguard's Strike
Stone bones
Leading the Attack
Douse the Flames

root9125
2009-11-03, 10:33 PM
Assuming that the others agree to move into the tomb:

Dwarven's blade slices into the first zombie to approach. It falls, the negative energy animating it failing. Alex and Dwarven are able to get the door closed before any more arrive, though they have bare seconds of spare time. The zombies haven't the dexterity to pull on the handle, though as the door shut, Dwarven thought he could see the cleric approaching.

The bugbear zombie makes loud noises with its feet on the ground just outside the door... Clearly, it's not happy about what's just happened.

Make spot checks.

And barricade the door!

End Round 5 Surprisingly Quickly
Begin Round 6

Post your actions anyway, but for time's sake, we will assume that is what happened.

Tavar
2009-11-03, 10:38 PM
Dwarven
This won't hold them long. Ither we need to make out last stand, or we need to keep going.

Dwarven looks around for anything that might be able to barricade the door, or any passageways.
Spot[roll0]

root9125
2009-11-03, 10:42 PM
Dwarven, you see only the basic layout of the room. There's a raised table in the center, a stone coffin resting on it, and various and assorted items of weaponry (apparently, according to one inscription on a wall) owned by the dead man in life.

There's 3 daggers, a light mace, a heavy crossbow and 20 bolts, and 6 throwing axes.

Eurus
2009-11-04, 12:14 AM
The two wolves both sniff around the room, looking for any signs of undeath. Cautiously, Alex sniffs at the coffin and growls, pushing up against it in hopes of getting someone else to open it. If there was some undead abomination in there, he would rather attack it than be attacked first.

Making use of the scent ability to try to pick out any undead. Also, a quick search check: [roll0]

root9125
2009-11-04, 12:18 AM
Neither Alex nor his animal companion can find anything of use in the room, save the obvious features that Dwarven found. Their ability to use scent, however, has revealed that the coffin does not and, seemingly, has never contained a body. Strange.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 12:19 AM
Well then. Looks like a last stand for us. Who wants to be on the front line, and who on the second? Considering that I'm the only one of us who can really hit from the second, I think that's were I should go, but who's going to be there with me?

Eurus
2009-11-04, 12:22 AM
If a wolf can look puzzled, Alex certainly tries. Glancing at Tavar, he barks and goes back to pushing against the coffin. There had to be something in there... And if nothing else, maybe one of them could use the lid to barricade the door.

My genre-savvy sense is tingling...

Tavar
2009-11-04, 12:29 AM
What do you want, Alex? You want to open that thing, Okay, fine. Let me.
Dwarven moves up to the coffin and tries to lift it up just enough so that he can push it open.

Roc Ness
2009-11-04, 01:27 AM
You take over 15 points of damage.

OOC: Hah hah, oops :smallbiggrin: Also, we were using 25pt buy earlier (in case you were wondering) If you want me to roll I'll replace the stats with rolled ones a little later.

EDIT: Character (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=161171) now finished

Dragon Elite
2009-11-04, 09:07 AM
I'll take the front line I guess.
However, for now I move over to the coffin and ready an attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]

root9125
2009-11-04, 10:25 AM
You open the coffin and... oddly, there's nothing in it. Nothing, that is, except a lever, sticking out of the floor of the coffin. Strange.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 10:31 AM
Dwarven
Well, things can hardly get worse....
Dwarven pulls the lever.

Playing a negative Wis character is fun!

root9125
2009-11-04, 10:39 AM
Pulling the lever does two things, each extremely bizarre.

You hear a loud *CRACK*, and the bottom of the coffin slides away, revealing a thin, thin staircase into what can only be described as a set of catacombs. A skeleton reaches up from the coffin and takes a swing at Dwarven with his scimitar. Baroud takes a swing at him, but misses.

The second item is much more strange... a bright flash of light, and when your eyes clear, there's a halfling right next to you, looking extremely confused.

End round 6
Begin round 7

I rolled to hit Dwarven here, but rolled the wrong damage dice. Re-rolling in the post below.

root9125
2009-11-04, 10:41 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

The skeleton misses, barely.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 10:48 AM
Dwarven
Dropping his Guisarme, he quickly draws his Moringstar and smashes the skeleton back down.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Using Crusader's Strike. Healing myself for [roll2] if my attack hits.
If it hits, I heal 2 damage from my stance

Edit: okay, not sure what's happening. The first attack hit me, but now it's gone. Any reason for that?

root9125
2009-11-04, 10:50 AM
To the edit: Yep, I rolled the wrong damage dice, so I rerolled.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 10:52 AM
Okay. In that case, I do 1 less damage, and my attack drops by one. Not that I'm really complaining.

Eurus
2009-11-04, 01:47 PM
Without even waiting to see if the skeleton is still functional, Alex bites at it, attempting to rip its leg right off.

root9125
2009-11-04, 02:56 PM
With that, the skeleton shatters into a dozen pieces, immobile.

Eurus
2009-11-04, 03:14 PM
Now that they were no longer threatened by an undead abomination, Alex directs his attention to the halfling, who he greets with a cautious grunt.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 03:50 PM
Dwarven pauses for a second, then stows his morningstar and picks up his polearm. Turning to talk to the group, he realizes that there is another person in the room with a shriek.
What the..? How did you get here? Well, if you don't want to die I suggest we head down into the catacombs; it's our only chance.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-04, 08:15 PM
Well... I guess I'll lead. Anyone have torches?

Tavar
2009-11-04, 08:18 PM
Torches? real men don't use torches. Real men are manly enough to just see through the dark. Let me lead

Following his own bravado, Dwarven starts down the stairs.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-04, 08:21 PM
I respond:
Real men don't get killed in the dark. After a lengthy sigh, I continue. Let me lead. You can attack with that sword-on-a-stick you've got.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 08:27 PM
Fine, Be a pansy. And It's a Guisarme.

You realize that I can see in the dark right? Dwarven just hasn't made the connection that not everyone can.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-04, 08:34 PM
Elves hate dawrves. How would I know?

Eurus
2009-11-04, 08:40 PM
Alex-wolf whimpers, very much wanting some light and not afraid to admit it.

root9125
2009-11-04, 08:47 PM
The brave adventurers boldly (read: stupidly) begin to venture forth into the dark undertomb.

So ends round 7. Let us begin round 8.

Adventurers, just gonna keep walking forward? In another six seconds you'll be down far enough that Dwarven can see you.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 08:53 PM
I think the group is going to walk until we met something interesting.

root9125
2009-11-04, 08:55 PM
It takes three rounds to walk until you find anything of interest. Only Dwarven can see it, since, you know, it's dark.

Dwarven only!

You walk through a dark, small passageway, with flat stone walls holding out the earth, and walk for about 100 feet in identical, featureless continuity, until you realize you see something about sixty feet away. It looks like a red-painted ring around the corridor. It encircles a particular area of the corridor.

Make a spot check.

Thusly ends round 11, begin round 12!

Tavar
2009-11-04, 09:24 PM
Odd. There's something on the walls. Looks like a red ring of some kind.

Spot, not my best skill...[roll0]

root9125
2009-11-04, 10:30 PM
You keep walking?

Tavar
2009-11-04, 10:43 PM
Dwarven pauses, unsure of what the marking's mean.

root9125
2009-11-04, 10:49 PM
Dwarven does notice, however, that the markings seem to be... painted in blood.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-04, 10:55 PM
What is it? Baroud fidgets.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 11:04 PM
Markings, painted in blood. What kinda sick freak does that? I mean, it's perfectly good blood! Go make some puddin'.
Dwarven throws his hands up in exasperation.

root9125
2009-11-04, 11:08 PM
Alex and Dwarven, roll spot checks (or whatever it is you roll to detect things, wolfy-man :smalltongue:)

root9125
2009-11-04, 11:26 PM
Alex and Dwarven:

There's a few zombies coming down the tunnel from the direction in which you are traveling. They are 30-feet ahead of you.

Tavar
2009-11-04, 11:35 PM
Zombies dead ahead!
Dwarven gives a mighty battlecry and charges the Zombies.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Note, I stop 10 feet in front of the zombie due to my weapon's reach.
AOO if nessecary:[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Maneuvers:[roll4], [roll5]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-04, 11:37 PM
With a mighty swing of his axe, Dwarven horribly injures the first zombie in the line!

You can see now that there are 5 of them

He attacks back, rushing to hit you... and falling as you swing your weapon back. These terrible, tactic-less things don't stop, though, they continue to rush you! The first swings at you!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Roc Ness
2009-11-05, 12:22 AM
Littlelarge
"I knew I should have asked that fairy to teach me to see in the dark... Best make do with what I have!"

The halfling's fingers glow with eldritch power, ready to blast the first monster to he sees.
Ready an action to eldritch blast the first monster he sees
Attack, touch
[roll1] Damage, if any {POINT BLANK SHOT}
OOC: Do I need a spot check? And how far are the walls, if I can see them? For that fact, how low is the ceiling?

root9125
2009-11-05, 12:36 AM
End round 12, begin round 13

Another zombie charges forward!

But he never even GETS to Dwarven, who cuts him down with a harsh blow, followed closely by another as the zombie carelessly rushes towards him.

Tavar
2009-11-05, 12:42 AM
Dwarven takes the blow like the dwarf he is, taking a quick step back as he does so to minimize the force. He then takes another mighty swing.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Using Stone Bones. I now Have DR 5. Eat that, suckers.
I don't think I can AOO that zombie, but the next time I qualify
[roll2]
[roll3]
Forgot to add my furious counterstrike bonus. Add one to both of the AOO rolls.

I give two healing to anyone who might need it. I don't qualify for it yet, though.
Manuvers:[roll4]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-05, 01:00 AM
End round 13, Begin round 14

Another of the zombies rushes forward! This is just getting repetitive. :smallbiggrin:

Tavar
2009-11-05, 01:18 AM
Dwarven begins to chuckle.
It's like we're fighting orc!

AOO-[roll0]
[roll1]
This heals Zephyrus 2 hp.
5ft step, then attack the Zombie.
Regular attack[roll2]
[roll3]
This one heals me 2 hp.

Manuvers:[roll4]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-05, 01:21 AM
This time it DOES get an attack in before you slice it to ribbons!

[roll0]
[roll1]

It stands there, nearly killed. Again. There's a decent sized pile of corpses growing, and you're expecting to add this one to the pile soon enough.

End round 14, begin round 15

Tavar
2009-11-05, 01:28 AM
Dwarven takes a small step back, and takes another mighty swing.

Using Douse the Flames(if it hits, it can't make AOO's for 1 round. Yeah, pointless, but why not?)
attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

AOO[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

Each hit heals Zephyrus 2 hp.
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-05, 01:34 AM
You hit twice and drop him.

End round 16, begin round 17

Something new! It doesn't look quite like the other zombies. Indeed, it smells a bit funny, too. Make a fort save.

Roc Ness
2009-11-05, 04:34 AM
Littlelarge
Wrinkles his nose and taps his foot. "I don't like standing around." With that he abrubtly runs diagonally up the wall and onto the cieling, moving forwards before stopping above the noise, then firing a blast of eldritch energy into the darkness before him.

Assuming the wall is ten-foot high, Littlelarge makes a move to get diagonally up the wall and onto the ceiling and then stays with his back pressed against the ceiling looking down in square F7, before firing into square E7, unless he sees a zombie, in which case he targets that.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Fort save
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Concealment, if required
[roll4] Damage, if attack succeeds
OOC: All right! I can notice invisible stuff!

Dragon Elite
2009-11-05, 09:40 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
I attack the nearest zombie.

root9125
2009-11-05, 10:10 AM
Littlelarge: Not QUITE a zombie... it's taller and thinner. You hit it with your eldritch blast, and it doesn't seem too happy.

Dwarven: You failed the Fort save and are sickened for [roll0] MINUTES.

EDIT:: Turns out your Fort went up when you went up a level, and the roll you made in the OOC thread didn't reflect that... So you save. Barely. It charges you. Make an AoO.

Tavar
2009-11-05, 11:17 AM
Dwarven begins to hunch over as waves of nausea rack his body. Still he manages to take a swing at the new creature, though it's not as strong as he wishes it was.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
If it hits, +2 hp for me.

Knowledge religion[roll2]
[roll3], [roll4]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-05, 12:28 PM
Your swing misses... It continues at you and bites at your neck!

Bite
[roll0]
[roll1]

It misses, but you notice it's got strange, glistening claws... They make you a bit nervous.

Dwarven:
You realize after looking at it that you've not seen one of these before. It looks like a ghoul, but isn't acting like one... And it sure smells worse than most ghouls... but it isn't a ghast either. It might be some new creation of this fell world.

Tavar
2009-11-05, 12:39 PM
Dwarven steps back in order to get a good swing at it.
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Using Vangurad's Strike(if it hits, everyone gets +4 to their attack roll to hit it until the start of my next turn). Also, If it hits, I heal 2 damage.

If nesseccary, AOO:[roll]1d20+9[roll]
Damage[roll2].
Also, if it hits, I heal 2 health.

[roll3]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-05, 12:40 PM
Dwarven swings at the thing and hits it, nearly knocking it to the floor. It's nearly killed, but now Littlelarge is on the front lines.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-05, 08:38 PM
I wanna see! What's going on?
So, I light a torch if I can.

root9125
2009-11-05, 10:56 PM
On the other hand, your problems are at an end! A bright flash of light, and an angry-looking human
who just failed a will save against a wizard plane-shifting him into this undead hell... The man blew up an entire CASTLE with his mad science (and enters with 500 XP for it!) and irritated an extremely passive-aggressive justice department.
shows up out of nowhere (right on top of Alex, the unlucky jerk :smalltongue:).

industrious
2009-11-05, 11:00 PM
"Damn!" the man shouts. "You blow up the Dean's office once...twice...five...ten times, and they stick you...where the hell am I? Who are you? Why haven't my eyebrows grown back after six months?"

Raising his hands, he murmurs a quick spell, and his black robes...explode. The only thing the explosion manages to accomplish, though, is make them shinier. "[explative] it!"

The man is short. Really short. Like, dwarf short. Four foot and change short. He appears to be human, though, and from the soot covering his face and hair, to the utter lack of eyebrows, the man looks pissed

Spell Thematics: Explosions
Casting Mage Armor on myself

root9125
2009-11-05, 11:36 PM
On Autopilot, Littlelarge:

His fingers ablaze with Eldritch energy, he fires a blast at the nearest enemy, remaining on the ceiling to stay out of reach.

[roll0]
[roll1]

He hits it incredibly hard! It falls over dead, the menace eliminated.

root9125
2009-11-05, 11:41 PM
End round 17, begin round 18
The one remaining zombie, not afraid for its life, charges Littlelarge. It swings at him, trying mindlessly to jump at him, but the 15 foot ceiling minus his eight foot reach and the 4 foot halfling leaves a 3 foot gap.

Zombie makes a jump check. [roll0] against a DC of 9.
If it makes it, it takes a penalty to its to-hit roll. [roll1]
But does full damage. [roll2]

It jumps high enough to hit, but can't seem to even so much as poke the halfling with its unwieldy arms.

industrious
2009-11-05, 11:46 PM
"Zombies! I hate zombies! They make inadequate test dummies!" Raising his hands once more, the short, strange little man narrows his eyes, and the air in front of the remaining zombie quickly explodes in a shower of purple sparks.

Cast disrupt undead on zombie
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Tavar
2009-11-05, 11:50 PM
Hey! That was my kill!
Perturbed, Dwarven takes out his anger on the remaining zombie, cutting it deeply with his Guisarme.

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll]2d4+4[roll]
Using Stone Bones(DR 5 for the next round)
If hits, I heal 2 points.
AOO if necessary.[roll1]
Damage[roll]2d4+4[roll]
If hits, Zephyrus heals 2 points.
[roll2]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-05, 11:52 PM
The zombie recoils, injured by the holy, er, explosion of McCaster.

root9125
2009-11-05, 11:55 PM
Natural 1... Rolling damage against 1 of the other 2 people in your square.
1=McCaster, 2=Alex (2)
Damage: (4)
Alex, make a reflex save at DC 10+dmg = 14 to avoid.

Oops, I reposted and deleted the wrong one. Well, the numbers are above.

Eurus
2009-11-05, 11:58 PM
Oh sure, stab the innocent dog-wolf-druid-thing. :smallamused:
[roll0]
Failed. Alex is now down to four hit points. :smallfrown:

Dragon Elite
2009-11-06, 12:00 AM
Whap![roll0]
[roll1]
Take that!

root9125
2009-11-06, 12:01 AM
Dwarven's swing goes wildly out of control and hits Alex square on. Dwarven TRIES to pull it back in time, and Alex TRIES to get out of the way, but... neither can succeed.

Baroud, on the other hand, pushes through and finishes off the zombie! Awesome for him. Now, there's nothing in front of you or behind, and the corridor is eerily silent. What do you do?

End round 18, Begin Round 19.

Tavar
2009-11-06, 12:12 AM
Alex! You okay? It just kinda slipped... Well, in any case, should we move one? Don't want to get trapped.

Eurus
2009-11-06, 12:28 AM
Alex gives Dwarven an accusatory glare, apparently somewhat resentful, but nods.

root9125
2009-11-06, 12:44 AM
You continue walking down the hall, taking another thirty seconds or so, until you reach a large room with some skeletons in it. Not animated, killing you, skeletons, but people who apparently ended up here just like you. They've got... similar things to what you do. One died with a greatsword, extremely finely crafted, through his ribs. Another has a dagger in each eye-socket. Yet another is still holding his unsheathed composite longbow. They're also carrying a variety of other items.

50 feet of silk rope, 3 unlit torches, 2 spell component pouches, three backpacks, two bedrolls, and one Everlasting Rations tin! Wow, magic!

End round 23, Begin round 24

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 12:57 AM
OOC: Thanks for setting a default! I'm glad my char can see some action when I can't! Also, its gonna be the weekend, so I can post more consistently for two days :smallsmile:

Littlelarge
":Cackle:"
:Grimace:
BOOM!
Attacks Longbow Skelly with Eldritch Blast
[roll0] Attack

Littlelarge then retreats across the ceiling to C7

Eurus
2009-11-06, 01:01 AM
Alex gives Littlelarge a confused look, like one might give to a potentially dangerous wild animal (ironic, really), before creeping up to the perfectly normal and inanimate skeletons and sniffing around. Zephyrus follows close behind, of course.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-06, 09:15 AM
Wow, look at this rope!
I move to take the rope and, if no one objects a torch and the tin.

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 05:26 PM
Littlelarge
"Oh, they aren't attacking us for a change?"

industrious
2009-11-06, 05:30 PM
"This place is [expletive] up. Where the [expletive] are we, anyway?" Snatching the tin of rations, the man takes a potato chip and eats it. He then carelessly drops it onto the ground. "[expletive] zombies aren't getting me," he mutters.

root9125
2009-11-06, 05:35 PM
The skeletons do nothing, looking a bit eerie.

You see ahead of you another door, beyond which the tunnel continues.

End round 24, Begin round 25

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 05:41 PM
Littlelarge
Walks across the ceiling until he is a little ahead of the door. One of his fists glow, and he places it before his other fist as though holding and pulling a bow. He waits (a little against his will) for someone to open the door.

Readies an action to Eldritch Blast any undead that may appear from opening the door.
[roll0] Attack, if eligible

Tavar
2009-11-06, 05:54 PM
Dwarven
Dwarven obligingly opens up the door, after the others have made ready.

Eurus
2009-11-06, 06:18 PM
Zephyrus stands next to the door, with Alex right behind him, waiting.

industrious
2009-11-06, 06:24 PM
Taking out a short golden rod, Spell slams the device against a nearby wall. A bright light emits from the end of the rod.

Activated sunrod.

root9125
2009-11-06, 07:33 PM
Dwarven opens the door and sees...

Daylight?

Nope, just the glow of torches on the walls. This next section of corridor is extremely well lit. He's also gratified to see that in another 30 feet or so, the corridor gets a little wider. There's also something off in the distance... It's nearly 200 feet away, so no one is sure exactly what it is. Dwarven, in front, thinks it looks humanoid, while Littlelarge, on the ceiling, thinks it looks too big to be humanoid.

End round 25, begin round 26

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 07:38 PM
Littlelarge
"Do you think that thing is a troll? I only know anything about planar cosmology though..."
Littlelarge lets the glow on his fingers subside and walks upisde down through the door and onto the ceiling on the other side as soon as somebody else moves through.
[roll0] Knowledge, the planes

"Whatever it is, it's probably reanimated"

root9125
2009-11-06, 07:39 PM
Littlelarge has no idea what it is, and doesn't even know if it's in his favorite field or not.

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 07:41 PM
Littlelarge
Littlelarge's fingers glow again in case the "thing" comes within range...

Eurus
2009-11-06, 08:17 PM
Alex and Zephyrus also wait, unsure if the thing will come toward them or not. He has no idea what it is, and doesn't care. He just wants to bite it.

industrious
2009-11-06, 09:18 PM
"Now, what is that?" Spell muses. "And can it explode?"

Knowledge(arcana) check: [roll0]

Eurus
2009-11-06, 10:17 PM
Slowly, Zephyrus advances through the doorway and down the hallway, Alex following right behind. The two slip over to the wider part of the corridor, and Alex tries to get a better look at the thing.

[roll0]

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 10:32 PM
Littlelarge
Littlelarge follows silently behind Alex and Zephyrus across the ceiling. His glowing fingers are tucked into his jacket for now, waiting for the monster to do anything offensive. Or defensive, for that matter.

[roll0] Move Silently
[roll1] Hide
[roll2] Spot

Dragon Elite
2009-11-06, 10:40 PM
I follow, not making any effort to be quiet, figuring the halfling's noisy sandals had alerted it already.

industrious
2009-11-06, 11:02 PM
Spell peers over Baroud's shoulder, walking just behind the larger man. Holding his sunrod higher, the mad mage attempts to get a better look.

Rolling Spot Check: [roll0]

Roc Ness
2009-11-06, 11:04 PM
OOC: It was about 200ft away, how close do you think we are now? We've posted about 7 times, each of which was nervously edging forward making checks.

root9125
2009-11-06, 11:11 PM
You can hear something... and as you get closer, see it, too. It's strange... It looks like the zombies you fought earlier, nothing particularly special there... but, it's HUGE! Like, 4 times the size of a regular zombie! It looks tougher, too. From what horrid tome of necromancy have this behemoth's secrets been ripped?
*cough*Libris Mortis and the DMG*cough*

Spell: Yes. It can explode.

Everyone: You see it, a towering behemoth, swinging a huge club at something. Huh. It's an elf.
Pointy, this be yer entrance! Enter with party average XP, which we'll call roughly 350. Ish.

The map is being updated as we speak with your positions! What do you do?

industrious
2009-11-06, 11:28 PM
Looking at the large...no huge zombie, Spell smiles. "Excellent! Field test for latest explosion idea. Last field test...does not count."

Opening up his empty spellbook, the lunatic mage tears out a page, crumpling the parchment into a crude cylinder. He then takes out a jar of lantern oil, and stuffs the parchment wick into the jar's lid. Putting away his spellbook, he reaches into his belt pouch to pull out a tindertwig, using it to light the parchment's end.

"Duck, or pray to whatever gods you believe in!"

throwing the molotov at the zombie.
Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]
EDIT: Crap. Now I've wasted a pot of oil; I've only got eight left.

root9125
2009-11-06, 11:29 PM
1d8 to see where the thrown object ends up... 1 for N, 2 for NE, and so on.

[roll0] = Northeast, or F7.

What do you know? Still a zombie square! Looks like you hit him. XD

Well, you couldn't MISS... He's 20 feet wide!

The zombie is burning. Each creature it hits with its slam will take 2d6 damage, of which 1d6 will be physical and the rest will be fire. On the other hand... It's on fire. :D

industrious
2009-11-06, 11:31 PM
So it lands in F8? Here's to hoping there's splash damage.

root9125
2009-11-06, 11:35 PM
Actually, F7. I assumed you aimed for the best square you could inside 2 range increments. The whole time I was calculating based on hitting G6. So you hit him! :D

industrious
2009-11-06, 11:39 PM
Thank you. I really can explode things...I'm just so happy.

EDIT: He also takes 5 damage initially. To everybody who is going into melee with him...whoops?

Eurus
2009-11-06, 11:48 PM
Zephyrus charges into melee with the flaming abomination, utterly fearless, and Alex nervously follows, still far too injured to risk drawing the zombie's ire by attacking it himself.

Zephyrus charges to H-7 and attacks. Alex moves to I-7, and does not.

[roll0]; [roll1]

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 12:34 AM
Littlelarge
Stays where he is on the ceiling and raises two fingers on his right hand
":cackle:"

PEW!

[roll0] Attack Eldritch Blast
[roll1] Damage {POINT BLANK SHOT}

root9125
2009-11-07, 01:06 AM
Wow, he really didn't like ANY of that! Okay, he takes a slam at Alex Excuse me, Zephyrus...

[roll0]
[roll1] The first is the fire.

And he takes fire damage from BEING ON FIRE.

[roll2]

And he slams himself into thin air as Zephyrus dodges nimbly. No PCs were hurt in the making of this round.

End round 26, begin round 27

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 01:09 AM
Littlelarge
Fires another shot at it, only this time he doesn't cackle.

BAM!

[roll1] Damage {POINT BLANK SHOT}

industrious
2009-11-07, 08:34 AM
"Field test successful...excellent!" Wringing his hands with glee, Spell then points to the burning zombie-"Bam!"

[spoiler]
Casting Disrupt Undead
attack roll: [roll0]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-07, 09:25 AM
I charge in, attacking.(Though, not really charging, moving towards da big guy.)[roll0]
[roll1]

Eurus
2009-11-07, 12:18 PM
Zephyrus attacks again, with a bark that sounds vaguely like "Bam!"

[roll0]; [roll1]

root9125
2009-11-07, 09:07 PM
You've ripped its legs to shreds! It's rearing back for one last-ditch slam...

[roll0]
[roll1]

It misses ALL of you, AGAIN. Wow, this behemoth is swatting helplessly at you as you smack it time and time again!

Also, it's on FIRE.

End round 27, begin round 28

industrious
2009-11-07, 09:18 PM
OoC: You forgot the 1d6 from being on fire. Hopefully, that'll just kill it already.

root9125
2009-11-07, 09:20 PM
Quite right. It's burning.

[roll0]

While it doesn't ENJOY burning, this doesn't seem to be bothering it much.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 09:58 PM
Littlelarge
"The beastie's still kicking? Won't be long now!"

ka-POW!

[roll0] Attack

Dragon Elite
2009-11-07, 10:54 PM
Baroud
Eat steel!
[roll0]
[roll1]
WOOT!

root9125
2009-11-07, 10:58 PM
As Baroud fells the thing, it tumbles backward, still ablaze, and begins to disintegrate into its component parts.

Everyone (except Leafears and Dwarven) gains 750 XP! Most of you gain a level! McCaster gains an extra 100 XP for being awesome, Alex gains another 50 for RP'ing a hurt character pretty well, and Littlelarge gets an extra 50 for his in-battle quotes.

Chart going up now.

You see the passage continue on ahead, but you see open sky less than 200 feet along the passage.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:11 PM
Littlelarge
Crosses his hands below his chin, fingers aloft and glowing as menacingly as possible for a short thing standing upside down. He moves forward tenderly, watchful and waiting. Not only that, but his eyes start glowing too.

[roll0] Spot
Readies an action to fire at any beastie to come within range. Also uses detect magic, so he can at least tell if there is something mystic nearby.
[roll1] Attack, If applicable
[roll2] Damage, if required

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:19 PM
Detect magic reveals nothing between Littlelarge and the night sky ahead. His eyes reveal nothing mundane save a few rotting corpses of adventurers, with too little material to even be zombies. One is roughly 30 feet ahead, and the other 3 are in 20 foot intervals behind him.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:22 PM
Littlelarge
Takes a few more ginger steps forward, hands glowing and eyes wide.
[roll0] Spot (again)

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:22 PM
The flickering lights obscure anything else from Littlelarge's view.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:24 PM
Littlelarge
Just to be sure, Littlelarge blasts the closest corpse, then takes a few fervent steps back.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage, but probably unneccessary

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:27 PM
The arcane energy strikes the nearest target. Not the barest flicker of life comes from it as it bounces five feet further down the corridor.

Eurus
2009-11-07, 11:29 PM
Suddenly, Alex feels revitalized and empowered, his wounds ceasing to trouble him at all! He dismisses the transformation spell keeping him and Zephyrus in wolf forms, and begins poking carefully around the smoldering remnants of the zombie while waiting for Littlelarge to report back.

[roll0]

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:32 PM
Littlelarge
Hops across the ceiling and down to the floor, grabs the closest corpse, then races back up to the ceiling as fast as he can dragging a rotting thing through the air behind him. He then dumps it in front of Alex for further search.

:Grin:

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:32 PM
You find the following:

5 square feet of cloth, tattered.
1 Huge club, or in other words, a gigantic stick to poke things with.
25 pounds of ash.
1/2 pound of glass fragments.
12 variously sized extremely strong humanoid bones.

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:33 PM
The corpse completely fails to animate and kill Littlelarge. It's on the floor in front of Alex.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:36 PM
Littlelarge
Repeats the process with another corpse. But this time only after blasting the corpse three times.

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:42 PM
Again, the corpse fails to animate and kill you. It's also in front of Alex.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:44 PM
Littlelarge
Scurries down the wall and rummages things that might have once been pockets.

[roll0] Search

Eurus
2009-11-07, 11:46 PM
Alex lets Littlelarge deal with the blasted corpses, while he casts a simple charm that... causes his shirt to start glowing, giving a slightly disturbing back-lit view of his chest. One can only be grateful that he didn't decide to illuminate his trousers, instead.

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:47 PM
You find the following:

3 masterwork throwing knives
1 scroll of Cure Moderate Wounds
2 potions of Cure Light Wounds
2 sets of Traveler's Clothing
2 backpacks

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:49 PM
Littlelarge
"Dibs on a potion! And the knife! All three if you guys don't want some."

Eurus
2009-11-07, 11:52 PM
Alex shrugs. "I swore off material possessions like that a while ago. I can use the scroll on someone else if they need it, though. Well, as long as I'm in human form. Which I plan to avoid whenever possible."

Alex shivered. A nice coat of fur was one of those things that you never missed until it was gone.

Roc Ness
2009-11-07, 11:55 PM
Littlelarge
Grabs a knife and heads down the hall. He blasts the next closest corpse three times. If it doesn't move, he stabs it too. If it still doesn't move, he snatches it the same way he snatched the others.

One last search: [roll0]

Eurus
2009-11-07, 11:56 PM
While Littlelarge continues to find new ways to violate corpses, Alex casts another spell, giving himself a shiny new set of claws. His horse also grows a set of claws, which looks extremely disturbing and slightly uncomfortable. Fortunately, another spell to turn the pair back into wolves (with the same dangerous-looking claws) immediately follows.

root9125
2009-11-07, 11:57 PM
OoC: You only blast it THREE times? You sure? :P

It's back, you find 1 more set of traveler's clothing, 1 more backpack, and 1 potion of Bull's Strength.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 12:00 AM
OOC: Reckon we should save that potion for Tavar

Littlelarge
Time to quit fooling, eh? Littlelarge now resumes his routine of stalking behind the wolfman with his fingers glowing.

root9125
2009-11-08, 12:03 AM
Okay, then. Are you continuing down the hall?

Time: 13 Minutes, 0 Seconds

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 12:04 AM
OOC: I guess. Waiting for the meateating meat-shield to decide, though

Eurus
2009-11-08, 12:08 AM
Alex rolls around in the warm zombie-ashes for a minute, and he looks oddly satisfied.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 12:21 AM
OOC: I... think that means we're going. That, or he is going to track the zombies by scent.

root9125
2009-11-08, 12:25 AM
"What the hell are you doing?"

The voice comes from the direction of the corridor.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 12:31 AM
Littlelarge
Throws a sandal in the direction of the voice. If the sandal is still within range he blasts it to propel it forward.

root9125
2009-11-08, 12:36 AM
Make a listen check to localize the square, then roll to attack the sandal with a blast (AC 12 will be fine), then roll against concealment.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 12:44 AM
OOC: Cool

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Attack
[roll2] Concealment

What direction and approximately how far does Littlelarge perceive this fellow to be?
EDIT: Yes! I might just strike true with a sandal

root9125
2009-11-08, 12:51 AM
You shoot the sandal, the power of your eldritch energy turning it into a bludgeoning projectile.

The map's updated with where you think he is. You're pretty sure, since the sandal bounces off something, and you hear "Ow, what the hell?".

Bludgeoning Damage: [roll0]
Extra Eldritch Energy: [roll1]

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 12:53 AM
So am I in A7 or is the mystery guy in A7?

root9125
2009-11-08, 12:54 AM
K, NOW the map's updated.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 01:33 AM
I still can't tell where he is. There is a Z for zombie on the key, but not on the map, but if he's in 30ft then Littlelarge fires an eldritch blast at him.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage, if any
[roll2] Concealment, if required

root9125
2009-11-08, 01:44 AM
He's in the space marked IM. The Z was a holdover from killing zombies.

You miss, though.

Instead of sitting there being confused, the invisible man dissipates. He's the cleric you saw earlier, the one who commanded all those undead... In other news, you hear a rumbling from down the tunnel. (Now the space is marked C for Cleric)

He casts a spell, and all of you feel slightly... dirty.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 01:53 AM
OOC: I don't see anything still. Did you make another map?
Littlelarge
Ignores the urge to take a bath and runs back across the ceiling to where everyone else is [E7 according to the map I can see] stays where he is. His fingers glow once again, letting loose at the shadowy figure.

ka-PING!

Readies an action to blast the first zombie within range Fires at the Cleric again
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage, if any
[roll2] Concealment, if needed
[roll3] Spot, if needed

root9125
2009-11-08, 01:54 AM
Here (http://www.celestine-empire.net/battlegrid/DM.php?sessionID=Undertomb) is the map. Didn't change it.

Look at C7.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 01:56 AM
Oh, okay. In that case, can I change my action from "Ready action" to "fire at cleric"?

root9125
2009-11-08, 01:57 AM
Sure. Edit the post, concealment not required.

Roc Ness
2009-11-08, 02:17 AM
'Kay editting

EDIT: Editted. Leaving concealment as is, in case the server thinks I'm cheating or something

Eurus
2009-11-08, 10:14 AM
The pair of wolves seems unperturbed by whatever spell the cleric just cast, and run up to block it from getting in any farther. With a howl, Zephyrus snaps at the man's legs while Alex jumps up for his right arm.

Alex moves to D-6, and Zephyrus moves to D-7. They each attack with a bite, since this guy presumably doesn't have any DR.

[roll3]; [roll4]; [roll5]

industrious
2009-11-08, 01:06 PM
"Not a zombie? Still trying to kill us? NEVER!"

Rushing forward, the mad mage waves his hands at the cleric, and watches a beautiful, crackling explosion flower at the man's feet.

moving to F6.
Casting lesser orb of electricity.
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Oops Factor: [roll2]
If oops result is 1, everybody(including me) in 10ft radius takes [roll3] damage (Ref. half)
If result is 20, spell is empowered for 1.5x damage.

root9125
2009-11-08, 01:13 PM
McCaster's spell hits, as does Zephyrus' bite. The cleric is injured.

You begin to see zombies appearing down the corridor. He stabs at Zephyrus with his scimitar.

[roll0]
[roll1]

He misses miserably, and wonders in a metagamey fashion if this is going to be as terrible a fight as the previous one.

root9125
2009-11-08, 05:48 PM
You hear a dozen or more sets of footsteps coming from the hallway. The cleric leaps up onto the wall and... stands there. Strange. A crowd of zombies, some human, some humanoid, some barely fitting down the corridor, surge through the space he formerly occupied. One humanoid one at the head of the line swings at Zephyrus.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-08, 07:36 PM
Baroud
I run up and attack the weakest zombie.

[roll0]
[roll1] If this kills the zombie, I use cleave!
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tavar
2009-11-08, 09:22 PM
Dwarven
Shaken out of his apparent funk, Dwarven leaps plods into action, moving within range of the Cleric and unleashing a mighty swing, attempting to both hit the cleric and knock him off balance for the others.

Move to E6.
Attack Cleric:[roll0]
Damage[roll1]
If it hits, 2 healing to Zephyrus. Also, Everyone get's +4 on attacks to hit the cleric.

AOO if necessary:[roll2]
Damage[roll3]
Rolling Manuevers:[roll4]
Crusader's Strike
Leading the Attack
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
Vangurad's Strike

root9125
2009-11-08, 10:20 PM
Baroud's mighty swing kills the humanoid zombie in the front of the column, which doesn't seem to perturb the cleric or the mass of zombies behind him. Dwarven swings and hits the cleric, and swings and connects again as another zombie comes forward.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-08, 11:30 PM
One more down. Hey, stop coming! Stop it! How can we kill them if they keep darn advancing!

Roc Ness
2009-11-09, 12:18 AM
Littlelarge
":cackle: Little big copycat! You can't escape me!" Littlelarge hurls a glob of eldritch energy at the copycat cleric.

BAMF! I feel like colouring these

[roll1] Damage, if any

root9125
2009-11-09, 12:47 AM
The cleric falls off the wall and takes damage for falling.

[roll0]

And... that'll put him so unconscious it's not worth considering him any more.

K, then. The zombies, in confusion, start attacking EVERYTHING. Including each other. If you choose to sit and wait it out, nothing will be left blocking the corridor except corpses of zombies.

Roc Ness
2009-11-09, 12:52 AM
Littlelarge
"Fall fall fall, as hard as you can! You won't copy me you big, dead man! :cackle:" (OOC: To the tune of "Gingerbread Man") Littlelarge isn't going to chance that the undead might kill the Cleric first.

ZOT!

That cleric isn't going anywhere alive. Not after I had to use my sandal. :smalltongue:
Attack Eldritch Blast
[roll1] Damage, if any

Roc Ness
2009-11-09, 01:04 AM
Well, after they're all dead I'll strip the Cleric of everything of value. Also, I'll look to see if that faithful slipper survived the eldritch abuse

[roll0] Search

Eurus
2009-11-09, 01:20 AM
Alex watches with great amusement as the zombies fall on each other each other like a bad slapstick routine, beating each other with any limb they can get their hands on (some of which are even their own). He stands guard in the hallway, just in case something else decides to creep up on them.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-09, 09:36 AM
I help some along the way to re-death.
Thank you for not advancing. Die now.

Attack against the weakest zombie again.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]Cleave
[roll3]

Croverus
2009-11-09, 12:26 PM
Having somehow been completely ignored by the giant zombie earlier, and all other undead that lurk in the area, he shrugs and takes off after the others. He moves really fast, looking about for that group that stomped that giant zombie.

Spot[roll0]

root9125
2009-11-09, 12:49 PM
Since they're all standing in the same well lit room as you, you see them easily.

OOC: Map (http://www.celestine-empire.net/battlegrid/DM.php?sessionID=Undertomb)

Croverus
2009-11-09, 03:19 PM
Edit: OOC: Damn, I can't see the map cause my workcenter is blocking the link. Oh well

Pointy draws his bow and notches an arrow, pulling back and lookingng for the nearest zombie that hasn't engaged the other adventurers in melee combat yet. If he sees one that he can hit without endangering others, he fires. Otherwise He holds.

Spot[roll0]
Attack[roll1]
Damage[roll2]

industrious
2009-11-09, 03:36 PM
OoC: According to the map, there aren't any zombies in the area. Therefore...

"An elf? With a bow? And it isn't on fire? What is wrong with the world?" Spell is noticably upset about the lack of pyromania in the party. On the other hand...

"I have a new idea for a spell! Everybody, stand back!" And with a word and several obscene gestures, the very air in front of Spell turns into a fiery explosion, one that follows the little man wherever he goes. "DAMN! Why won't it work already!"

Casting Shield.

Tavar
2009-11-09, 04:11 PM
Dwarven
At the sound of the explosion, Dwarven turns to the rest of the group, then jumps, seemingly seeing the Human for the first time. Leveling his weapon at Spell, he barks out.
What! Who are you? And how did you get here?

root9125
2009-11-09, 04:20 PM
Dwarven should be especially afraid that the shield of fire might come a little too close to that long beard he's stereotypically cultivating.

Anyway, moving down the corridor to the night sky?

industrious
2009-11-09, 04:46 PM
"Spell McCasterton. Super Genius. Except the Dean didn't think so... But still, fear not, for I have a cunning plan to get us all out of this undead-infested god forsaken plac-" While the man is talking, he seems to grow taller, his eyes gleam with courage and light up...and then he trips over his black robes. "[expletive]-ing [expletive]."

Croverus
2009-11-09, 05:56 PM
(I swear reading something about zombies charging... oh well.)

Lowers his bow and looks at the others witha curious stare. He shrugs, putting his bow away and moving along, passing the group to look ahead for more zombies and such.

root9125
2009-11-09, 06:01 PM
Leafears walks out of the Undertomb into a clear, open field. He can't see the original tomb through which the party entered the tunnel. Instead, he sees a note on the ground.

If you choose to pick it up and read it...

Hi. I'm here to toy with you a little before adding you to my endless undead horde. I hope you're enjoying your time on my little plane. In twenty minutes, a stream of zombies will come sprinting your way from every direction. You have exactly that long to prepare for them. I hope you enjoy it.

And guess what spell I prepared this morning?

EXPLOSIVE RUNES!!

...No, just kidding. But next time, you bumbling idiot. Next time.

Croverus
2009-11-09, 06:08 PM
After reading the part abotu explosives runes, Pointy had flinched reflexivly. He had watched his cousing kill some half-orc "hero" once becuase the half-orc had said some rude thingy about her figure. Shrugging, Leafears waits to see if the others appear. He listens for anything moving about.

Listen[roll0]

root9125
2009-11-09, 06:14 PM
You hear a rustling in the distance.

Looking around, you see all the items you'd find in a graveyard... A shovel, several caskets, some blank headstones...

industrious
2009-11-09, 06:17 PM
Spell, walking with the new arrival, reads the note after Pointy drops it "[expletive]. Why can't I learn that spell? It's perfect in everyway..." Noticing the shovel and caskets, he bends over to take the shovel.

Roc Ness
2009-11-10, 12:06 AM
Littlelarge
":cackle: Hey Mr. Blowup," he gestures towards McCaster, "Why don't you fill those caskets there with your explosion bottles and line them along the corridor? Then I can blast one, and the rest get blown with it. Also, we'll set all the zombos on fire and pump them full of wood, too."

"Unless your explosions aren't strong enough for that."

Roc Ness
2009-11-10, 12:08 AM
Littlelarge
"Also, who's got some rope? We can can tie that big stick from the ceiling. When you give the signal, I can cut one of the ropes, and the stick swings down like a ram and bashes back some zombaes! Of couse, you have to remember to duck..."

Roc Ness
2009-11-10, 01:00 AM
Littlelarge
Without waiting, Littlelarge grabs and drags the caskets along the wall so that they rest against the wall in every square from B7 onwards. While he waits for McCaster to judge how to best position the explosives, he runs back to the room with the adventurer skellies and pilfers every weapon and any arrows and the 50 ft silk rope. While running back, he detects magic on them. Any that are magic are gonna be handed out, the arrows are given to Leafears, and any sharp weapon left over is going to be dropped on zombie heads (Free Action :smallbiggrin:). Littlelarge then proceeds to find a three points to secure the rope to the ceiling. Two points (roughly in square C7) are for hanging the stick, one point (maybe D, E or F7) is to stop the stick from swinging down too quickly and to keep the stick up in a way to allow momentum to push the stick forward.

[roll0] Search, if required I forgot, we can take twenty
[roll1] Use Rope, probably required I forgot, we can take twenty

OOC: Sorry for wall of text. :smallredface:

Eurus
2009-11-10, 02:04 AM
Realizing that his wolf form will have worn off by the time the zombies arrive, Alex reluctantly dismisses it again to help with the preparations. Watching as Littlelarge rigs some sort of rope thing from the ceiling, he backs nervously away. "So, er, anything I should help with?"

Roc Ness
2009-11-10, 02:59 AM
Littlelarge
"You could assist by lifting this stick up!" On a glance at Alex's face, "I won't bite, unlike somebody... :cackle:"

Eurus
2009-11-10, 03:23 AM
Chuckling along with the joke (more to keep Littlelarge from zapping him than out of actual humor), Alex does as instructed.

"I have to say, this is going better than I expected. I thought for certain we'd all be dead by now."

root9125
2009-11-10, 12:17 PM
The time is 00:42:30. Just over 5 hours to go.

industrious
2009-11-10, 12:33 PM
Over the course of the 20 minutes, Spell helps move the caskets into position, and uses up a jar of oil to soak the wooden barriers, so that they burn easier and burn hotter. The diminutive man smiles in the hope of fire.

Croverus
2009-11-10, 12:51 PM
The elf simply watches the others and keep watch, confident that no zombies will sneak up on them without him knowing. He keeps his bow in one hand, ready to grab an arrow and let fly, but his other hand is free so he can cast his spells. Ephemeral vines seem to creap along his arm as the power of his first spell seems to manifest itself, ready to be cast.

Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]
Readying Entangle, will cast is 5 or more zombies appear along the perimeter

Tavar
2009-11-10, 12:51 PM
For several minutes, dwarven helps the others move the caskets and pointy sticks, hoping that their meager defenses will be enough to stop the undead. Afterward, he stands in front of the hallway, polearm planted, and rock steady against the coming undead tide.

root9125
2009-11-10, 04:03 PM
You hear the noise of footsteps. They get louder and louder. You realize that your twenty minutes are up, and it is time for blood.

Zombies of every shape and size pour in from both sides, though the main onslaught seems to be from the North. Skeletons stand behind them, firing arrows.

Two arrows fly towards Baroud, and four towards Dwarven, who's standing flat in the open.

Baroud:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]]
[roll3]

Dwarven:

[roll4]]
[roll5]

[roll6]]
[roll7]

[roll8]]
[roll9]

[roll10]]
[roll11]

Cover rolls, in order from top of this post to bottom. A 30 or less negates a hit. Some will likely be unused.

[roll12] Baroud: Miss
[roll13] Dwarven: Hit
[roll14] Unused
[roll15] Unused
[roll16] Unused
[roll17] Unused

One arrow, flying true towards Baroud, runs straight into the coffin between him and the skeleton firing. Another arrow misses him entirely, embedding itself in the wall.

An arrow flies towards Dwarven and strikes true, while three more scatter around him.

root9125
2009-11-10, 04:07 PM
And a zombie, stepping on one of McCaster's miniature landmines, is injured as the mine fires through his foot.

[roll0]

industrious
2009-11-10, 04:08 PM
Seeing that more of the zombies are come from the North, Spell sends another explosion of purple sparks at the nearest zombie.

Casting Disrupt Undead
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

OoC: How far away are they?

root9125
2009-11-10, 04:12 PM
OoC: They're pretty much a column now. They're coming in two to a square, and there isn't an empty five feet for quite a way in either direction. From you, they're 30 feet away in either direction, though more concentrated to the north.

IC: The zombies at the front of the line begin trying to smash the caskets.

Strength check, break DC of 16.

Top caskets:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Bottom casket:
[roll2]

None of them break quite yet, but the ones on the north creak and groan as though they are about to give way.

Croverus
2009-11-10, 04:20 PM
Leafears decides to attack with his ow. He only readied his spell, but since he never cast it he doesn't lose the spell. Raising his bow and pulling an arrow, he takes aim and fires at a zombie.

Attack[roll0]
Critical[roll1]
Damage[roll2]
Cover[roll3]

root9125
2009-11-10, 04:21 PM
While his shot would have hit had there not been an obstruction, it unfortunately flew perfectly into the coffin, embedding itself there.

Eurus
2009-11-10, 04:32 PM
Zephyrus and Alex tense up, unable to reach the zombies yet without exposing themselves to arrow fire, but prepare themselves to strike. "Bring it on, you sacks of maggots!"

Zephyrus will ready to full attack the first undead that sets foot in K-7. Alex will ready to full attack the first undead that sets foot in K-7 that Zephyrus doesn't drop first.

Zephyrus:
[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

Alex:
[roll4]; [roll5] (minimum 1)
[roll6]; [roll7]

root9125
2009-11-10, 06:27 PM
Since no one has any available actions, the zombies keep pushing through as the survivors get more and more tense...

First, the zombies attempt to break those boxes again, but now there are more of them...

North zombies:

Aid another: 2 zombies. [roll0] [roll1]
Break: 2 zombies [roll2] [roll3]

South zombies:

Aid another: 2 zombies. [roll4] [roll5]
Break: 2 zombies [roll6] [roll7]

South skeletons:

Shoot at Alex:
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

North skeletons:

Shoot at Dwarven:
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]

[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]

The barrage of arrows, while terrifying, hits no one. Alex's cover is sufficient to protect him, and Dwarven relies on the single box between him and the zombies and the Skeleton's poor aim. Watching them break through that box like it was nothing might be a bit frightening, though...

Croverus
2009-11-10, 06:32 PM
(I don't have access to the map... how much of the room is within a radius of 40ft?)

root9125
2009-11-10, 06:35 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7289168) is the OoC thread.

But it's a the whole room, then a little.

industrious
2009-11-10, 06:41 PM
Now slightly panicked, Spell points at the casket the zombies managed to break through. "No, No, No, No! Burn! Burn! Burn!"

using prestidigitation to ignite the casket that got broken thorough.

OoC: What about my disrupt undead last round? What happened to it?

root9125
2009-11-10, 06:44 PM
You can't do that with Prestidigitation:

D20 SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/Prestidigitation.htm)

And it did damage, but didn't kill anything.

industrious
2009-11-10, 06:48 PM
Really? Oh, I know why I thought I could do that. In Tome and Blood(from 3.0), one of the listed uses of prestidigitation was igniting a nearby unattended object as a full-round action.

Tavar
2009-11-10, 07:08 PM
Seeing the Zombies approach, Dwarven readies an attack against them.
Readied Attack if a Zombie enters B7.
[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

AOO if enemy enters and then leaves B7:
attack[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

The hits heal me by 2.

Eurus
2009-11-10, 07:20 PM
Zephyrus rears back and attacks again, while Alex helplessly waits for the zombies to get closer, rather hoping that they won't.

Full attack from Zephyrus again.

[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

And an attack of opportunity, if one is needed:
[roll4]; [roll5]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-10, 07:28 PM
Kill, kill, kill, the zombies, back to redeath! Kill one here kill one there, then we will escape! Row, row, row the boat

[roll0] To-hit
[roll1] Damage

root9125
2009-11-10, 07:53 PM
The coffin in A7 ignites, doing [roll0] damage to everything in the square.

Zephyrus attacks and hits the zombies near him, as does Baroud. Between everything, the totals add up to:

2 dead zombies, 2 heavily injured zombies North.
3 dead zombies South.

The undead continue to pour in from the outside and under the tunnel. Even with the light, it's hard to see through the sea of bodies to see where they end. You do see a few things differing from the normal undead, though:

North: A stunted Wyvern zombie is entering above the normal undead, and should reach you in 16 seconds.

South: 5 zombies are approaching that seem different. It doesn't take but a second to realize they have arcane energy surrounding their hands. They should arrive in 9 seconds.

industrious
2009-11-10, 08:17 PM
Shouting to his comrades "Hold the North; I'll help take care of the abominations!" Spell turns towards the zombies, noticing the crackling energies that they wield.
"Abominations! Ungrateful enough to wield power without intelligence or explosions! Die, Die, Die, Die!"

Readies an action: once they get in range, casting grease under their feet.

Dragon Elite
2009-11-10, 08:23 PM
I attack the nearest zombie.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Cleave, if any:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tavar
2009-11-10, 08:24 PM
Slighly relived that the undead haven't made it through yet, Dwarven continues his stand.

Readied Attack if an enemy enters B7.
[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

AOO if enemy enters and then leaves B7:
[roll2]
Damage[roll3]

The hits heal me by 2.

root9125
2009-11-10, 08:28 PM
The zombies to the north assault the remaining barriers:

Aid other: [roll0]
Break: [roll1] [roll2]

They still fail to break through the defenses!

The zombie remaining long enough to approach Zephyrus attacks him!

[roll3]
[roll4]

It hits him and injures him.

root9125
2009-11-10, 08:31 PM
Furthermore, the south skeletons shoot at Baroud and Alex:

Baroud:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Alex:
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

And the north ones shoot at dwarven:

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Ouch... that's 2 hits on baroud, none on Alex, and 1 on Dwarven..

Roc Ness
2009-11-11, 12:54 AM
Littlelarge
One hand glows, the other holds a simple looking knife. Littlelarge snaps his wrist and sends forth a blast as accurately as possible towards the nearest zombie.

BAMF!

[roll1] Damage, if any
[roll2] Concealment

Eurus
2009-11-11, 02:37 AM
Zephyrus claws again at the zombie attacking him, looking surprisingly feral for a horse.

[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-11, 09:03 AM
I stagger towards the nearest zombie.
[roll0]
[roll1]

root9125
2009-11-11, 10:45 AM
Okay, so, combining all of that... The zombies in A7 take more damage from being on fire...

[roll0]

They slam into the caskets in front of them...

[roll1]
[roll2]

Lighting them on fire... and doing MORE damage to the zombies...

[roll3]

Dropping one before Dwarven's reach weapon drops the other.

The skeletons above them shoot at Dwarven:

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

And the south ones shoot at Zephyrus and Alex:

Zephyrus
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]

[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]

[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]

Alex
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]

[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]

And the magic zombies wave their hands and... cast magic missile on McCaster.

[roll31]

industrious
2009-11-11, 07:21 PM
Screaming in rage at the attacks, Spell sends an electric explosion their way.

Casting lesser orb of electricity
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Oops Factor: [roll1](if this is a 1, I take [roll2] damage if it's a 20, empower my spell)
Damage Roll:[roll3]

root9125
2009-11-11, 07:25 PM
Both zombies stagger back, uncomfortable with what's just happened, but not yet unconscious. Fortunately for McCaster, they seem to be out of Magic Missiles. Unfortunately for Alex and Zephyrus, they have a True Strike available.

They each cast True Strike on one of the Skeleton Zombies to the south of them

Tavar
2009-11-11, 07:31 PM
Dwaven falls back, retreating from the hail of arrows, chugging a potion as he does so.

Use potion of cure moderate wounds[roll0] healing

Also, moving to E5

Roc Ness
2009-11-11, 11:50 PM
Littlelarge
"Reeeaaaaleeaaase!!!" For once he's not cackling. Littlelarge's knife shears throw the rope holding back the ex-giant's club, he hopes they might at least pin the flying hazards. He then flees out of their line of sight opposite Dwarven (E9)

OOC: What's the damage for a big stick thing?

Eurus
2009-11-12, 12:25 AM
Funnily enough, Alex has absolutely no knowledge of magic beyond what it takes to actually get his own spells to work. So he has no idea what spells the zombies cast. To be on the safe side, he orders Zephyrus to interpose itself between them and the zombies, confident that the horse would survive.

Zephyrus moves to K-7 and J-7, blocking the south hallway, and attacks one of the spellstitched zombies.

[roll0]; [roll1]
[roll2]; [roll3]

Dragon Elite
2009-11-12, 09:35 AM
I whack the zombies yet again.
[roll0]
[roll1]
EDIT: Such good damage, wasted. :smallfrown:

root9125
2009-11-12, 09:50 AM
Okay, the log is released and tries to send both the wyverns and the skeletons flying.

Opposed strength rolls, 1 for the log, 1 for each defender.

Log: [roll0]

W1: [roll1]
W2: [roll2]

Against the skeletons, the log takes a penalty for being at the end of its swing... (DC 19)
S1: [roll3]
S2: [roll4]

Wow. Most effective tactic EVER, guys. One wyvern manages not to be too badly injured, but is still shoved backwards 5 feet, while another is hit full-on and catapulted backward. The skeletons both get hit so hard they fly back against the ground.

root9125
2009-11-12, 09:54 AM
Damage from the attack:

[roll0]

Plus damage for being hit so hard:

W1: No additional damage.
W2: [roll1]
S1: [roll2]
S2: [roll3]

The skeletons shatter into shards, and one wyvern's wing is pierced. It must walk instead of fly.

root9125
2009-11-12, 10:03 AM
And now, the actions of the zombies in response. Zephyrus's tactics get him hit with FIVE arrows, two of which are True Strike'd. Och.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

The zombies to the north get up and begin walking back. Seems as though the south is almost clear (just what's on the screen remains), but you hear some loud noise from the north.

industrious
2009-11-12, 11:22 AM
...Ouch.

Deciding that the North needs more reinforcement, Spell moves across the room, where he sends the wyvern an electrical explosion. "Stupid dragon...can't breathe fire...shame on you," he mutters.

Moving to F6.
Casting another Lesser Orb of Electricity.
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Oops Factor:[roll1]
Damage Roll:[roll2]

Eurus
2009-11-12, 12:38 PM
Shockingly, Zephyrus is still standing, even after having been hit by three out of five arrows in various painful-looking places. Hastily, it beats a retreat, and Alex casts a minor spell to slowly begin healing the both of them. "You monsters! Attacking a poor, erm, horse with claws! Shame on you!"

Zephyrus withdraws to I-4 and I-5. Alex casts Lesser Vigor on himself, shared with Zephyrus. Each gains fast healing 1 for 12 turns.