PDA

View Full Version : Restful Bedroll: Maybe it doesn't have to suck?

Clove
2009-11-02, 04:08 PM
I first thought the Restful Bedroll was a mediocre item. 1d8 temporary hitpoints when you finish resting as an item daily power. I thought it must be bad since it offers such a weak power, uses your daily, and uses your daily at the start of the day so you don't have it available anymore.

Then I had a thought. It is a daily, but do you have to use up the daily for the day you are starting? Or can you use up your previous day's daily, since you started using the item at the end of the previous day? If this is the case, a bedroll can be nice for using an item daily that you never had a compelling reason to use. The other nice thing about this item then, is that it can be shared with the party to be used by any character who didn't use his/her daily if it turns out you did use your daily.

Third possibility is that if you have characters who only need 4 hours of rest, the item could potentially be used by more than 1 character in a night if they take turns using it.

Then I wonder, is there a rule against sharing a bedroll and having 2 characters sleep in it together? :smallsmile: Haha. Its not like a piece of armor that can only accommodate one person at a time.

Still, it is not amazing for only 1d8 temp HPs. But for an item that is only 360 Gold maybe it could be a worthy purchase.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-02, 04:12 PM
Which edition?

t_catt11
2009-11-02, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing that since the OP is talking about daily powers, it must be 4e.