PDA

View Full Version : Fun Situation [3.5]

Sholos
2009-11-02, 08:50 PM
So, I'm DMing a campaign, and my players have gotten themselves in trouble. Admittedly, my poor planning skills (for encounters) played a part in it.

Regardless, what's done is done, and I'm looking at where to go now. They're all 3rd level. There's a Rogue 2/Wizard 1, a Fighter 1/Swordsage 2, a Cleric 3, a Wizard 3 (specced Divination, barred Illusion?), and a Bard 3. Three of them have been captured, two escaped (Cleric and Swordsage). Enemies consist of one 5th level wizard (told you I was bad at planning encounters) and a mish-mash of worgs and/or goblins. Environment is a sparse forest with a nearby small village.

Basically, I'm hoping the two go back eventually for the other 3, and they can all gang up on and beat the wizard. What I'm wanting is a fight that's hard, but winnable. Last time I just had two many enemies, and the wizard was practically untouchable (due to very high AC plus Mirror Image). Wizard is specced in Enchantment (which was a mistake, but whatever) and barred Necromancy and Conjuration.

Confirmed spellbook (as in he's cast these in-game) is:

Charm Person
Shield
Mage Armor
Reduce Person

Hideous Laughter
Scorching Ray
Mirror Image

Hold Person
Slow

Ideas for other spells that wouldn't be quite so overpowering is greatly appreciated, though one spell per level needs to be from Enchantment.

On a semi-related note, if images from MI get hit with splash damage from alchemist's fire, they pop, yes?

Thanks in advance for any help I receive!