PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Good Charsheet (better than the official one?)

AB
2009-11-03, 05:37 AM
Hi everybody,

my group has just decided to give 4E a try. I´m beginning to gather some material, bought the books etc pp. Anway, I think the official charsheet is quite bad, and I don`t really want to buy official Powercards for every class.

Are there any (legal and better) alternatives? I´ve already downloaded a charsheet form a site called mad-irishman, which is quite good, has a nice design and includes powercards.

But maybe the Playground-Community knows about better 4E-Charsheets and is willing to share its knowledge with a 4E-Starter?

Regards,
AB

Asbestos
2009-11-03, 11:07 AM
I used this guy's sheets for a while...

http://www.neceros.com/downloads/dungeons-dragons-4th/

Jack_Banzai
2009-11-03, 01:53 PM
It's really weird that the official character sheet is rubbish, but the character sheet produced with Character Builder (particularly in landscape) is actually pretty good.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-03, 01:57 PM
It's really weird that the official character sheet is rubbish, but the character sheet produced with Character Builder (particularly in landscape) is actually pretty good.

I was about to come and say that :smallamused:. The "summary" feature is actually pretty nifty to, mainly for PbP. It's Elegenat, condensed, and useful. Easy to Reference.

Example:====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Howw, level 11
Longtooth Shifter, Ranger, Stormwarden
Build: Two-Blade Ranger
Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 23, Con 11, Dex 17, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.

AC: 22 Fort: 22 Reflex: 20 Will: 17
HP: 83 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +12, Stealth +12, Perception +12, Acrobatics +12, Athletics +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +6, Heal +7, History +5, Insight +7, Intimidate +4, Religion +5, Streetwise +4, Thievery +7

FEATS
Level 1: Lethal Hunter
Level 2: Improved Initiative
Level 4: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 6: Two-Weapon Defense
Level 8: Mounted Combat
Level 10: Power Attack
Level 11: Two-Weapon Opening

POWERS
Ranger at-will 1: Hit and Run
Ranger at-will 1: Twin Strike
Ranger encounter 1: Dire Wolverine Strike
Ranger daily 1: Sudden Strike
Ranger utility 2: Unbalancing Parry
Ranger encounter 3: Thundertusk Boar Strike
Ranger daily 5: Two-Wolf Pounce
Ranger utility 6: Yield Ground
Ranger encounter 7: Claws of the Griffon
Ranger daily 9: Swirling Leaves of Steel
Ranger utility 10: Expeditious Stride

ITEMS
Lightning Longsword +2 (2), Adventurer's Kit, Hunter's Kit, Pouch, Belt (empty) (5), Hide Armor, Handy Haversack (heroic tier), Riding Horse, Longbow, Dagger (2)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-04, 09:35 AM
I guess I am one of the few that thats not mind the official 4e one.

Thajocoth
2009-11-04, 04:14 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the official one. Could you elaborate?

I just use the char builder and print the first 2 pages double-sided and the pages after that on cardstock paper. Then I use a paper slicer to slice them into cards.

You can rearrange the pieces of the char sheet in the builder if that's the issue...

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-04, 04:34 PM
I have seen some woeful character sheets, like the one for Star Wars Saga which is square. The 4E character sheet is great compared to it.

LibraryOgre
2009-11-04, 04:55 PM
I have seen some woeful character sheets, like the one for Star Wars Saga which is square. The 4E character sheet is great compared to it.

If everything fits, a 8"*8" square character sheet wouldn't be horrible... gives you 3.5 to take notes in, on one page.

For myself, I have rearranged the Character builder one to be more to my liking; I have 1 page of character sheet, then pages of power cards.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-04, 05:00 PM
Yeah, they fit everything but a few thigns are squashed (http://www.wizards.com/starwars/downloads/SW_charsheet.pdf/) and I wouldn't mind a few more things like payload and those talents and feats lists can be filled up rather quickly.

TheEmerged
2009-11-04, 07:15 PM
My main complaint with the Character Builder sheets is that the power cards do not reflect any feats. I end up having to make my own power cards anyway.

LibraryOgre
2009-11-04, 07:20 PM
My main complaint with the Character Builder sheets is that the power cards do not reflect any feats. I end up having to make my own power cards anyway.

Possibly, but I think it would be easier to either keep in mind your feats, or simply annotate the power cards.

TheEmerged
2009-11-04, 07:56 PM
Possibly, but I think it would be easier to either keep in mind your feats, or simply annotate the power cards.

a> Two of my players right now are young children/not familiar enough with the rules to depend on remembering the feats.
b> For some of the characters, doing so would involve annotating nearly every card. At that point, why bother printing them instead of simply editting/printing out a Word document?
c> For me, designing the cards in Word is something I can easily do between calls at work.

Your mileage probably varies and all that.

RS14
2009-11-04, 08:40 PM

Not at all weird. It sounds as if they crippled the official sheets to encourage people to pay for D&DI subscription required for the Character Builder.

LibraryOgre
2009-11-04, 08:48 PM
a> Two of my players right now are young children/not familiar enough with the rules to depend on remembering the feats.
b> For some of the characters, doing so would involve annotating nearly every card. At that point, why bother printing them instead of simply editting/printing out a Word document?
c> For me, designing the cards in Word is something I can easily do between calls at work.

Your mileage probably varies and all that.

Yeah, in that case, doing them up is probably a good idea.

Jack_Banzai
2009-11-04, 10:10 PM
Not at all weird. It sounds as if they crippled the official sheets to encourage people to pay for D&DI subscription required for the Character Builder.

That is assuming a lot, a lot of preplanning. I think it's more likely that even the people at WotC found the original sheets lacking, and wanted to add some improvements to the Insider iteration.