PDA

View Full Version : Warlock/Fighter build. (e3.5)

andre3w
2009-11-03, 11:41 AM
I will play in drow campaign and I think about playing warlock. I invented some build which I find cool, but I need some help with finishing it.
I think about making warlock skilled in melee fighting by leveling like this:

warlock 6/demonbinder 1/fighter 13

Demonbinder is Prc from Drow of the Underdark

It gives me access to lesser invocations, and with cloak of charisma +6 also to binding marilith, what gives me six hands.

Then I'll take multihand fighting feats from savage spieces, what gives me three attacks with each off hand.

My atributes are 18,17,16,14,14,12
By this I get:
BAB: +17/+12/+7/+2
Fort: 10
Will: 11
Ref: 6

Dex bonus is estimated to be +9 at 20 level, maybe alittle more if I'll have access to manual of quickness of action, what makes it +12
My attacks would be: +29/+29/+29/+29/+29/+29/+24/+24/+24/+24/+24/+24/+19/+19/+19/+19/+19/+19/+14 plus weapons enchantement plus feats to anyone of them.

I need help with choosing feats and optimising this build.
Uptil now I've chosen:
Multidexterity
Multiweapon fighting
Improved multiweapon fighting
Greater multiweapon fighting
Weapon Finesse
Additional Invocation x2
Quickened Spelllike ability (Flee the Scene)

Thinking about weapon focus/specialization feats, but I'm not sure about them yet.

It leaves me 6 feats. from which 2 have to be chosen from fighter feats list.

Also I have to choose weapon which I can use with weapon finesse and some buffing invocations.
My thoughts about invocations:
Least:
Entropic Warding
Baleful Utterance
Devil's Sight

Lesser:
Fell Flight
Flee the Scene
Walk Unseen

The last aspect is optional prestige class for a fighter to get even more powerfull, but it implicates feats loss.

Any thoughts? Tips? Opinions?
What do you think, guys?

Tavar
2009-11-03, 12:13 PM
This is kinda the wrong forum. You'll likely get more responses if you put it in the Roleplaying Games forum. You could either start a new thread there, or ask a moderator to move this one.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-11-03, 12:26 PM
Opinions? Drop the Fighter 13. Go Warlock 17/Demonbinder 1/Fighter 2

Why? One reason: Eldritch Glaive.

Sure, you'll lose out on some attacks. But, when you make a full-round attack using the Eldritch Glaive invocation, each strike you make will be a melee touch attack that channels your full Eldritch Blast, and you'll threaten an area as if with a melee reach weapon.

With 17 Warlock levels, you'll have a Dark Invocation...in this case, you'll have Utterdark Blast.

Therefore, your attack routine will be as follows:

BaB: +14/+9/+4
Dex: +9
Six Arms

Melee Touch: +26/+26/+26/+26/+26/+26/+21/+21/+21/+21/+21/+21/+16/+16/+16/+16/+16/+16 (8d6 untyped damage + 2 negative levels)

This can be up to 38 negative levels a round. And your attack bonus with it isn't to shabby. This will 1-round kill a Solar, a Balor, or anything less than a Great Wyrm Red or Gold dragon (who it will reduce to a whimpering 2 HD creature if the damage doesn't kill it outright). 3-4 rounds of this will spell the end of a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon, clocking in at CR 66. Anything not immune to negative levels will be wasted instantly, and, if they are immune, you can add different effects with Eldritch Essence invocations.

Tavar
2009-11-03, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure that actually works. I believe the Glaive invocation forms one glaive, and you make a standard attack routine with it. Not to sure about that, though, so you should ask over in the RAW question thread.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-11-03, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure that actually works. I believe the Glaive invocation forms one glaive, and you make a standard attack routine with it. Not to sure about that, though, so you should ask over in the RAW question thread.

This may be correct. I just went on an assumption, without checking it out thoroughly. :smallredface:

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-11-03, 09:03 PM

As a full-round action, you make as many attacks as you would be entitled to via BAB, so even with the many arms you'd only get 3 attacks at +26/+21/+16.

Mulletmanalive
2009-11-04, 10:46 AM
Where exactly is Eldritch Glaive from? I've heard of it several times but it's not in my extensive collection of books...

Violet Octopus
2009-11-04, 11:14 AM
Dragon Magic.

Mulletmanalive
2009-11-04, 12:02 PM
thanks muchly.