PDA

View Full Version : Help Creating Weapons and Armour

alexthemad
2009-11-03, 01:26 PM
I don't have all the resources for creating weapons and armour and would like some help. I'm pretty sure I know what I need, just need all the numbers to plug in. So if there's a good link out there or an expert on creation, I appreciate the help.

I need a Greatsword with Spellstrike, Dislocater, and Greater Dislocator.
I also need Padded Mithril Fullplate With Twilight and Death Ward.

BRC
2009-11-03, 01:44 PM
I don't have all the resources for creating weapons and armour and would like some help. I'm pretty sure I know what I need, just need all the numbers to plug in. So if there's a good link out there or an expert on creation, I appreciate the help.

I need a Greatsword with Spellstrike, Dislocater, and Greater Dislocator.
I also need Padded Mithril Fullplate With Twilight and Death Ward.
For the Greatsword, Spellstrike, Dislocator, and Greater Dislocator sound like enhancements (Though why you would want both normal and greater), so they should have enhancement bonuses you can plug into the following formula
Cost=350+((1+Enhancement bonus of Spellstrike+enhancement bonus of Dislocator+Enhancement bonus of Greater Dislocator)^2x2000)

I've never heard of Padded Fullplate. But I think Twilight is a +1 enhancement bonus for armor. And Death Ward is a spell, so you'd have to use the Custom magic item rules for a continuous spell effect (Spell Levelx Caster Levelx2000)
Masterwork mithril Full plate is 10650. Add 4000 for +1 and Twilight, you get 14650.Then, to add a continous death ward effect, you would add 56000, for a total price of 70650 gp.
The Final fullplate will have the following stats.
AC+9. Maximum dex bonus +3, Armor check penalty -2. Counts as medium armor, makes the wearer immune to negative energy and death attacks.

alexthemad
2009-11-03, 02:09 PM
(Though why you would want both normal and greater)

I think that you need to have Normal Dislocator to get Greater Dislocator, is this not correct? And Dislocator and Greater Dislocator are both +1 enhancements.

ghashxx
2009-11-03, 03:33 PM
I think that you need to have Normal Dislocator to get Greater Dislocator, is this not correct? And Dislocator and Greater Dislocator are both +1 enhancements.

Greater Dislocator is acting in synergy with dislocator, something used in the Magic Item Compendium. So instead of just Greater Dislocator being a +2, it's a +1 but the weapon needs to already have Dislocator.

The padded fullplate, sounds like something out of AD&D.

Fizban
2009-11-03, 03:41 PM
Even easier: use the tables here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm) and here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm). Add up the enhancement bonus cost of each ability (located after the word "cost" at the end of the description), and the amount of normal enhancement (which adds to attack/damage or AC, minimum +1), then look at the table. That's the cost of the magic, add on the cost of a masterwork weapon or suit of armor and you're done.

As for Padded Fullplate, he may mean Thistledown Padded Fullplate, which is an extra in Races of the Wild. For that you just add on the cost of the thistledown after everything else.