PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Armor to DR Conversion + Evasion Check

MarvisSahad
2009-11-03, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone. I just finished making my own variant of the Armor class rules for 3.5. It involves converting AC from worn armor (such as full-plate and Mage Armor) into Damage Reduction, and introducing an Evasion Check that's meant to oppose the Attack Roll. I know that in SRD there already is a similar DR variant, but I feel that it doesn't go far enough in terms of realism and intuitiveness. And obviously I'm not the only one to have done something like this; I just like figuring out things myself. :smallbiggrin:

I have uploaded a PDF file into Rapid Share should anyone wish to try out the variant in their games. The download limit is 10 times (since I'm not a premium member) so get it while it's still hot. :smallwink:

http://rapidshare.com/files/302056757/armor.pdf.html

Anyone else who can't get a copy can just PM me here in the forums with a request, and I'll try to upload it to you myself.

Note: Everything is optional to the GM of course, particularly the armor Hardness and HP rules (since they can bog down combat flow) but overall I feel this system is less confusing and flavored than the current one. All questions and suggestions in this thread are appreciated since I intend the refine it further.

olelia
2009-11-03, 08:52 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion this should be in homebrew but not sure completely.

MarvisSahad
2009-11-03, 10:15 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion this should be in homebrew but not sure completely.

I made this variant myself after failing to find a homebrew that goes far enough. So if there's already a variant just like this, or better, then oh well. At least I posted one here for your convenience. :smallcool: