PDA

View Full Version : 2009-11-04: When is the next episode?

FrankNorman
2009-11-03, 07:14 PM
Richard Burlew seems to have stopped doing new comics here. Is he alright? There was nothing announced that I saw about a planned break.

Shadic
2009-11-03, 07:19 PM
It happens more often than you'd think. Don't worry too much.

Tavar
2009-11-03, 07:20 PM
He's stated before that he has a chronic condition of some kind, and that the update schedule is irregular because of that. Unless we get to a break of several weeks, I wouldn't worry to much.

The Pale King
2009-11-03, 07:20 PM
He hasn't stopped doing comics. The comic isn't on a set schudule, so time between updates will vary. The Giant tends to suffer from some Schudule Slip (he has a chronic illness), but wouldn't stop updating for an extended period without notifying the readers first. Unless the comic goes on a hiatus, the longest gaps are usually no more than two weeks. It's against a forum rule to make a thread about updates, so this will probably be locked and I don't recommend making another one.

BatRobin
2009-11-03, 07:32 PM
inb4lock.

This kind of thread is forbade here, and you've been told why it's irregular....so requesting lock.

Moff Chumley
2009-11-03, 07:35 PM
A note: none of the locked threads I've seen on the subject were just pure concern. It's always been someone disapproving of the update schedule, or demanding new comics. Not just asking if Rich is okay. Although, I am concerned about him... :smallfrown:

FujinAkari
2009-11-03, 07:42 PM
A note: none of the locked threads I've seen on the subject were just pure concern. It's always been someone disapproving of the update schedule, or demanding new comics. Not just asking if Rich is okay. Although, I am concerned about him... :smallfrown:

This does not alter the fact that asking about the update schedule is not a permitted topic, not to mention that Rich has already stated that his condition is not life-threatening, it just makes it periodically difficult for him to make new comics.

Cleverdan22
2009-11-03, 07:44 PM
This does not alter the fact that asking about the update schedule is not a permitted topic, not to mention that Rich has already stated that his condition is not life-threatening, it just makes it periodically difficult for him to make new comics.

I agree. I honestly think that the reason that Rich doesn't tell us what it is is because us Playgrounders would be flooding his inbox with crazy homebrew cures they found on the internet. :smallamused:

Moff Chumley
2009-11-03, 07:45 PM
He wasn't asking about the posting schedule. He was expressing concern about Rich's health, and brought up the absence of updates as a reason of concern. Personally, I can't remember an unannounced break of this length either, so concern is only natural!

ericgrau
2009-11-03, 08:00 PM
FrankNorman didn't see the FAQ, that's an understandable mistake. So, FrankNorman, go read the FAQ. There is no set update schedule, for reasons of health, and asking about the schedule is a forbidden topic regardless of the reason. Thread lock coming soon, I'll bet.

Moff Chumley
2009-11-03, 08:09 PM
He didn't ask about the schedule! Listen to me, Playground! :smallfrown::smalleek:

Shadic
2009-11-03, 08:42 PM
Except for the fact that the TOPIC TITLE is called:

2009-11-04: When is the next episode?

Cleverdan22
2009-11-03, 08:46 PM
He didn't ask about the schedule! Listen to me, Playground! :smallfrown::smalleek:

He kinda did, but wasn't being impatient or annoying, either. However, we don't really need a "How is Rich doing" thread every time there isn't an update, either.

Hardcore
2009-11-03, 09:06 PM
I would guess the Giant also is busy with the new book and ookoodook.

Cleverdan22
2009-11-03, 09:09 PM
Very true. Didn't even think about that.

Moff Chumley
2009-11-03, 09:14 PM
I would guess the Giant also is busy with the new book and ookoodook.

Fair 'nuff.

The_Weirdo
2009-11-03, 09:21 PM
Don't let this thread go like this! Tell them I said something funny!

Roland St. Jude
2009-11-03, 09:44 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: The comic is on no set schedule. The Giant has previously posted a News post that explains why gaps in posting may occur.

Threads discussing the comic posting timing/schedule are prohibited. News regarding the timing, The Giant's health, or any other such news is forthcoming only when The Giant posts it. Posting a thread does absolutely no good except to bring out wild theories, people telling you not to post this, etc.