PDA

View Full Version : The Endless Dungeon - Brother Lu

Tyndmyr
2009-11-03, 10:39 PM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/Starting.jpg

You awaken in the center of a 10ft by 15ft room with stone walls, ceilings, and floors. A torch is burning on the wall behind you, while the other three walls have closed, metal doors with brackets allowing you to bar them from the inside. Unfortunately, only two metal rods are lying on the floor.

Cespenar
2009-11-04, 02:16 AM
OOC: We were going to do this in a purely OOC way, right?

Take the two rods, bar the east and south doors, and see if I can hear anything behind the north door.

[roll0]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 02:24 AM
Up to you...Im not terribly formal about it, so I generally just copy whatever the style is of the player.

You hear the quiet murmur of several voices, over the crackling of a fire.

Cespenar
2009-11-04, 02:31 AM
Hmm, then open the door as quietly as possible, and peek in. If I'd need a Hide or Move Silently check, here.

[roll0]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 08:00 PM
You peer into a 10ft wide room, 30 ft long, with another wooden door on the far side. In the room is four kobolds(F1, E1, E2, C2). A small fire is flickering on the floor(D2). They apparently have no idea that you're watching them.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/NorthDoor.jpg

Cespenar
2009-11-05, 10:20 AM
I assume there's no such thing as friendly monsters in this dungeon, right?

Move into G1 and throw a punch at the kobold in F1.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If it connects and the kobold is evil, DC 14 check or ravaged with Golden Ice, initial 1d6 Dex damage, a further 2d6 Dex damage 1 minute later.

I suppose this was the surprise round. Then, [roll2]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-09, 11:09 PM
They're evil...and yeah, friendly mobs in this dungeon are...rare.

What type of check?

[roll0] -here goes, I'll worry about the modifier if it's at all close.

Init:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Yes, he's pretty screwed, roll dex dmg. He's the guy closest to you(ie, last roll), so if you drop him much at all, you'll have first init.

Cespenar
2009-11-10, 04:34 AM
Oh, right, sorry. By DC 14 check I meant to say a DC 14 fortitude save.

[roll0]

Oh, and also this, I'll probably need it: [roll1]

Edit: Looks like I already rolled initiative. Never mind, then. :smallbiggrin:

Thelas
2009-11-11, 06:29 AM
By not rolling a 1 on that, you have first initiative (+2 beats +1/+0 in a tie, obviously).

Your move.

(if you didn't know, I'm now helping out DM)

Cespenar
2009-11-11, 11:56 AM
((Status: AC 19, HP 9/9))

(I didn't know. Hello there. :smallbiggrin:)

What about my first attack, by the way? Did it hit, did it kill him, etc.

Here's two flurry attacks, either way. If the guy dropped dead, I'll take a 5' step northeast and attack E1 and E2 (one hit per guy). If he's alive, I'll take a 5' step northeast anyway but this time, attack both F1 and E2. (F1 must have -1 AC from that dex drop, if he's alive)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

DC 14 fort saves for the dex damages, if the blows connect.

Thelas
2009-11-11, 03:06 PM
First attack disabled him. (As in 0 hp)
The one which you rolled max damage misses.
The other one...
[roll0]
Not dead yet, though.
I'll finish this with attacks later, I have to hurry now.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-04, 03:10 PM
Didn't realize this thread was awaiting an update so long(Thelas as last poster, I dont usually check those).

At any rate, looking over what happened so far, the one ravaged by golden ice takes a second hit and falls. This leaves a total of 3 kobolds in the room, two of which can hit you(at least, can with a 5ft adjust), and one further away that must rely on ranged.

So, we'll do the two melee first.

Spear:[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Spear:[roll2]
Dmg: [roll3]

Further away, the kobold at the far door relies on his sling. You get +4 AC against this attack, due to being in melee.

Sling:[roll4]
Dmg: [roll5]