PDA

View Full Version : The Endless Dungeon - Teh'Weeq Ness

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 12:23 AM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/Starting.jpg

You awaken in the center of a 10ft by 15ft room with stone walls, ceilings, and floors. A torch is burning on the wall behind you, while the other three walls have closed, metal doors with brackets allowing you to bar them from the inside. Unfortunately, only two metal rods are lying on the floor.

ravenkith
2009-11-04, 12:34 AM
Ness quickly puts the bars in place for the two doors that are opposite each other, and then takes a moment to become psionically focused, while facing the remaining door.

(1d20+6)1d20+6

ravenkith
2009-11-04, 12:37 AM
let me try this again:
[roll0]

ravenkith
2009-11-04, 12:38 AM
...and again...
[roll0]

ravenkith
2009-11-04, 12:56 AM
The Xeph, normally not one to be easily rattled, quietly takes a few seconds to calm his mind, after first making sure he is secure as possible.

Young yet, and still poorly trained, it takes him some time to reach a state of focus.

<"How did I get here?"> is the thought that most commonly crosses the poor warlock's mind, as he tries to find mental balance, disturbing his quan.

Finally though, he stands, and activates an invocation: Spider Climb. Now ready to face what comes next, he quietly approaches the unbarred door and opens it.

Move silently: [roll0]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 12:59 AM
You peer down a long, gloomy, empty hallway, with half a dozen mouldering wooden doors, all alike, along it's length.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/CenterDoor.jpg

ravenkith
2009-11-04, 01:08 AM
<"Huh,"> Ness thinks. <"Too many doors there - lots of risk. I wonder if my odds are any better behind one of the others?">

Ness quietly closes the door, and moves to the northernmost door. He pulls the bar and places it on the easternmost portal, before returning to look through the newly unblocked opening.

For convenience's sake, lets say North is towards the top of the screen on the map. I plan on checking each of the doors before picking a direction to explore - oh, and how tall are the ceilings in here?

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 02:07 AM
Unless otherwise noted, assume the height of each room/hallways is equal to it's narrowest dimension. In general, from 5-15 ft.

You peer into a 10ft wide room, 30 ft long, with another wooden door on the far side. In the room is four kobolds(F1, E1, E2, C2) around a fire. They notice you immediately, and being scrambling to attack.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/NorthDoor.jpg

Init:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

ravenkith
2009-11-04, 01:24 PM
Init [roll0]

<"Oh no!"> the xeph warlock thinks to himself. <"This could definitely have gone better,">

Tyndmyr
2009-11-09, 10:57 PM
The three nearest are wielding spears, and the furthest has a sling. The two nearest attempt to crowd around you, but only one can get into range(take AoO if holding melee weapon) to stab.

atk: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

ravenkith
2009-11-10, 01:54 AM
"Ow!" The Xeph cries, helplessly.

He backs up five feet (out of reach?) and gives the kobold who stabbed him a malevolent glare, before lashing out with his psych-enhanced eldritch blast.

RTA: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Thelas
2009-11-11, 06:46 AM
That's a touch attack, correct?
If so, your blast drops that one and the other moves in towards you and in turn stabs with its spear.

[roll0]
[roll1]

(if you didn't know, I'm now helping DM)

ravenkith
2009-11-11, 12:46 PM
The warlock, now seriously in pain, drops back another 5 feet and opens fire again.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

"Gods, am I going to get killed by a bunch of fricking kobolds?"

Thelas
2009-11-11, 12:47 PM
At this rate, yes.

[roll0][roll1]

Thelas
2009-11-11, 12:48 PM
Crit confirm:
[roll0]
Extra damage?
[roll1]

ravenkith
2009-11-11, 01:12 PM
...and that was short.

LoL.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-11, 01:21 PM
By my calculations, you're still fine. The damage roll only matters if the to-hit was high enough to get you, and these guys have been rollin poorly.

ravenkith
2009-11-11, 06:35 PM
By my calculations, you're still fine. The damage roll only matters if the to-hit was high enough to get you, and these guys have been rollin poorly.

??? I swear that roll said 21....but I won't complain....

Trying to keep from letting the kobolds get a free shot at him, Ness wriggles and weaves as he tries to fry one of the little buggers again.

Cast defensively roll: [roll0] DC 11
RTA: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

hustlertwo
2009-11-11, 06:52 PM
??? I swear that roll said 21....but I won't complain....

Trying to keep from letting the kobolds get a free shot at him, Ness wriggles and weaves as he tries to fry one of the little buggers again.

Cast defensively roll: [roll0] DC 11
RTA: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

The critical confirmation failed. You were hit, but for 0 damage (although I think it's normally 1 as a minimum unless you have damage resistance, but that only matter right now if 1 HP is all you have).

Thelas
2009-11-11, 07:55 PM
defensive casting - pass, though I believe the DC was actually 16.
hitting - fail.

[roll0] [roll1]