PDA

View Full Version : Psudonatural

Thefurmonger
2009-11-04, 02:28 AM
Hi all, Quick question.

Is there a way to make a druids SNA have the Psudonatural Template?

Thanks all

BobVosh
2009-11-04, 02:55 AM
The epic one, or the Lords of madness?

Also...SNA?

Anyway I don't know, but I figure clarification would help.

Realms of Chaos
2009-11-04, 03:02 AM
SNA= Summon Nature's Allies, I'm guessing.

And as far as I know, the answer is no.

Tokiko Mima
2009-11-04, 03:56 AM
It's hard to apply templates on the fly, for very good metagame reasons. It's a pain to have to calculate the stats of a monsters with a template quickly.

However, if you want that particular template on summoned creatures, I believe that Binders with their online vestige can summon creatures with that template. They might use Summon Monster instead of SNA, though.

bosssmiley
2009-11-04, 09:12 AM
Have then take a Comp Sci course for a semester. :smalltongue:

Lords of Madness has a bunch of "Apply pseudonatural template" feats and spells, but I have no idea if they're open to druids. (common sense says no)

Optimystik
2009-11-04, 09:15 AM
Alienist in CA should do it. It adds pseudonatural to all summons and is pretty easy to join. 10/10 casting too :smallsmile:

Blackfang108
2009-11-04, 09:19 AM
Alienist in CA should do it. It adds pseudonatural to all summons and is pretty easy to join. 10/10 casting too :smallsmile:

Yup. The SPECIAL requirement may be a hurdle, however.

Must have made peaceful contact with an Alienist or a pseudonatural creature.

I would like to point out, also, that you animal companion would gain no benefit from Alienist, also. (Not that it needs to, but FYI.)

EDIT: also, the pseudonatural template only applies if you summon a Fiendish or Celestial creature, not a normal untemplated one.

Boci
2009-11-04, 09:25 AM
EDIT: also, the pseudonatural template only applies if you summon a Fiendish or Celestial creature, not a normal untemplated one.

And you cannot even summon untemplated ones.

Blackfang108
2009-11-04, 09:33 AM
And you cannot even summon untemplated ones.

Oh yeah. I missed a paragraph. (I had the book OPEN!)

Thefurmonger
2009-11-04, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Milskidasith
2009-11-04, 01:43 PM
The Pseudonatural template from Alienist is pretty bleh, when you compare it to the epic pseudonatural template (or, indeed, just the nice non templated monsters you can no longer summon with a level in alienst, like elementals).

Thefurmonger
2009-11-04, 04:30 PM
Well, all this came from the idea for a character.

A while back I was reading the MM and noticed the dire Weasel's Blood drain ability. 1d4 per round.

Wow I thought, 1d4 isnt much, but thats PER weasel.

Thus was born the idea for the WEASEL MASTER!

Summoning dire weasels over and over, for wave after wave of blood draining weasels.

Psudonatural would give each +20 to hit once a day, but then they are attached so who cares?

Thats the basic idea, not really sure how to run with it, but i really want to :)

Thurbane
2009-11-04, 08:28 PM
I would ask the DM if he re-fluff the Alienist to be more Druid-friendly, or ask if you can homebrew a feat.

PSEUDONATURAL SUMMONS
Prerequisites: Knowledge (The Planes) 3 ranks, ability to cast any Summon Nature's Ally spell, nonlawful alignment.
Benefit: Any creature of the animal type you summon with your Summon Nature's Ally spells gains the pseudonatural template for the duration of the spell.