PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little ancient cartoon series.

Bouregard
2009-11-04, 04:31 AM
So. I can't remember the name. I can't remember most of the facts and probably some of them are wrong. But after chatting with a childhood friend again we can't remember the name of that really cool animated show.

Facts:

I watched it ca. 10-15 years ago on VHS.

Story was about a group of youngster who enter a world(or the past?) with a slightly armored ATV used normaly for expeditions, I guess it was by accident as most of the series is about getting back. Later that ATV (or is it a APC?) gets modified (or repaired?) to fit the more dinosaur look, it now looks like a red triceratops on wheels.

In that medieval world are dinosaurs used as mounts, pets and sometimes food.

Also the government, a monarchy (or simply dictatorship?) quickly tries to imprison the kids but they mostly manage to escape due to modern technologie.

The evil governments castle is on a isle in the middle of a middle-large lake.

One of the kids turns traitor (or is forced?) to help the "evil monarchy" understand some parts of the modern technologie.

It has a happy ending, meaning they end back in their own time/reality/world.

So could anyone provide me with the name?

Bouregard
2009-11-04, 11:13 AM
no one? Aw come on. We really want to know what we've watched back than...

AstralFire
2009-11-04, 11:19 AM
I could have sworn there was an SNES or Genesis game based on this that I read about back when book publishers would make big thick cheat books that gave tips for several popular games. For the life of me, however, I can't find out what that's named for. I think they're both based on a movie.

factotum
2009-11-04, 11:23 AM
Sounds similar to Dinotopia, but that was live action--don't think they ever did a cartoon version of it.

Bouregard
2009-11-04, 06:27 PM
Found it! So at first its from japan, and it seems to be only translated to german and the italian market. A english working title was "Jura Trippers"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jura_Tripper

:smallbiggrin:

holy moly I feel old now.