PDA

View Full Version : Increased healing

Jimbob
2009-11-04, 09:01 AM
Afternoon all,

In a current campagin im playing a wiz3/cle3/mthy1 with praticed spellcaster in both classes but my main focus is healing.
Currently my CMW is doing 2d8+14 (7 CL, 1 healing domain, 1 ring of mystic healing, 1 healing reserve feat, 4 augment healing). I also have a empowered spell shard with is atuned to my CMW spells and the ring of mystic healing I can use charges to increase my healing by 2d6, 3d6 or 4d6 so on average I can get around the 40ish mark for a cmw is I use all the items I have got.

But with my next level opening up 3rd level spells and CSW I want to be able to increase that even more as currently my CMW will do more then my CSW.

So how can I increase my healing even further then I already have? My 9th level feat I was going to take a feat from the PHB 2 that is the same as augment healing but you have to expend a turning attemp, but I cant remember what its called and see if I can pick up a rod of empower spell, but apart from that im out of ideas.

I want to keep things how they are so no new classes please just items and feats please.

Killer Angel
2009-11-04, 09:26 AM
Here you are (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healing_Personified_(DnD_Optimized_Character_Build ))!

The build lists also Classes (that you don't want, otherwise I would suggest RS of Pelor) but you'll find useful feats.

And for items... rod of empower / maximize?

Dimers
2009-11-04, 06:32 PM
You've got a good grasp on how to improve your CSW. If you want more healing power per day outside of spells, check out the Sacred Healing feat from Complete Divine. Especially nice for paladins, since they generally have high Cha and less reason to actually try turning undead, but it could work quite well for you too.

Cha 14 = up to 45 extra hp per person per day
Cha 16 = up to 72
Cha 18 = up to 108

deuxhero
2009-11-04, 06:35 PM
Wands of Cure Light Wounds (or lesser vigor if you have SC access.). You are not going to be healing more than an enemy hurts in one turn, so go for good out of combat healing.

Seeing as how you have PHB II and the healing domain, see if your DM will let you spontainously cast healing domain instead of the default cure spells (it's an option given in PHB II and it's much better.). At latter levels with the default spontaneous casting you get the meh ", mass" versions of spells, spontaneous healing domain lets you use some much nicer stuff (heal).

jiriku
2009-11-04, 07:05 PM
I misremember the name and source, but there's a feat somewhere that improves your healing just like Augment Healing, but only while you are in a natural setting. Perhaps another poster will remember its name and source.

Other than that, you've already got (or are planning to get) all of the good helaing gear and feats. Spell selection is your next thing to focus on. Take a look at insignia of healing (it's in either Cityscape or Races of Destiny, IIRC). AoE healing on an unlimited number of targets at 3rd level - you can't get much better than that. Also, look at heal-over-time spells. At 4th level, positive energy aura will heal 10 points per round to every living thing within 10 feet of you once you factor in the benefits of Augment Healing, and healing spirit will heal for 1d8+8 per round, or 1d8+10 if you pick up the sacred healing feat and burn that turn undead attempt. You can greatly improve your healing per round by casting heal-over-time effects in the first couple rounds of combat, then casting spells from the cure x wounds series in subsequent rounds and stacking the healing from all these effects ("Yo dawg! We heard you really like healing, so we put a healing spell on your healing spell so you can keep folks alive while you keep other folks alive!")

Also, don't overlook immediate-action healing, using close wounds (level 2, Spell Compendium) to heal when it's not your turn. If you have an active healing spirit and positive energy aura, then throw an insignia of healing and a close wounds, you can easily heal in excess of 100 points per round by level 8 or so.

Draken
2009-11-04, 07:30 PM
This will take just a bit of work, but if you are in Eberron (or have access to Eberron material), Dragon Prophesier opens to you the feats Prophecy's Shaper (which allows you to Empower one spell per round for free, as long as said spell is not of your maximum spell level) and Prophecy's Shepherd (which allows you to quicken one cure spell for free each round, as long as you are capable of spontaneously casting the cure spell).

Both of these effects only while in a prophetic thingy, of course, which is rather easy to initiate.

Fizban
2009-11-04, 07:37 PM
There are two great items I just noticed in the MiC: Amulet of Retributive healing (heal yourself the same as you just healed someone else a few times per day, 2,000gp), and Bracer of something (middle rod of maximize spell for healing spells, also pretty cheap). I'd suggest the second if you really want to boost your burst healing, while a Shield Other combined with the first will really let you multiply your overall total. Buy extras and rotate them if you need more juice/day.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2009-11-05, 03:47 AM
Touch of healing(complete champion) is a reserve feat that lets you heal 3 times the highest spell level you have of a Conjuration healing spell.

Reach spell is pretty cool for heal spells. . . saves you alot of trouble. . . .

Healing Devotion will give you the ability to give people fast healing I think . . .

Jimbob
2009-11-06, 07:25 AM
does any one have a link or a can copy and paste the combat medic please as I currently dont have heroe's of battle.

Brock Samson
2009-11-06, 05:57 PM
DMM Reach Spell, so you don't have to waste a spell 2 levels high that could be a more powerful heal. Or you know, Reach Spell other spells whenever it comes in handy. Because nothing says WIN like applying things spontaneously when you're a prepared caster.

Note: Rods of Reach as well.