PDA

View Full Version : Lack of updates makes me sad

Llaqus
2009-11-04, 02:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed that its been 10 days since the last update. I guess the giant isn't feeling up to posting. I guess maybe he's been working on Book 4 and hasn't had time. But still 10 days, possibly more, is a long time between updates.

Kaytara
2009-11-04, 02:20 PM
It's all part of our plan. We of the Crack Pairings thread have kidnapped the Giant. We're not letting him go until straight-laced little forum members who claim to be sane like Optimystik and Kish and David and Derferinwolv and Spargel and oh so many others with an obvious zeal for writing start reading the thread in a desperate attempt to sate their thirst for OotS material and eventually become crack authors themselves. :smallwink:If it makes you feel better, try to convince yourself that the Giant is using the time to do something special, like work on a new prequel book. It does me some good, even if the twitchiness persists.

Zanaril
2009-11-04, 02:23 PM
Hey, we all crave more OOTS! Why do you think the Crack Pairings Thread is so popular? You should come and see what we do.

We will gladly welcome you into our loving embrace... :smallamused:

factotum
2009-11-04, 03:01 PM
It's less than five hours since the last one of these got locked...would be nice if people even bothered to read the posts on the front page before making themselves the next mod target. :smallbiggrin:

Menas
2009-11-04, 03:03 PM
Maybe we should start a 'I hope Rich is feeling well' thread.

Porthos
2009-11-04, 03:05 PM
Maybe we should start a 'I hope Rich is feeling well' thread.

The last one that got started was locked. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130525)

So, probably not. :smallwink:

The Recreator
2009-11-04, 03:07 PM
Has anyone else noticed that its been 10 days since the last update. I guess the giant isn't feeling up to posting. I guess maybe he's been working on Book 4 and hasn't had time. But still 10 days, possibly more, is a long time between updates.

For the record, the book itself is done. It's off at the printers right now, due to arrive at Giant in the Playground's storage space by late November.

Menas
2009-11-04, 03:12 PM
The last one that got started was locked. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130525)

So, probably not. :smallwink:

Well technically that thread was titled 'When is the next episode?' instead of 'I hope Rich is ok'.

While speculating about the time of the next episode seems to be a 'no-no', I haven't heard anything stating that 'speculating whether Rich is currently in good health or not' is a bad thing.

At any rate I hope he's ok!

Haggis
2009-11-04, 03:15 PM
As you said the book is probably taking a lot of time.

Anyway quality over quantity.

Porthos
2009-11-04, 03:18 PM
While speculating about the time of the next episode seems to be a 'no-no', I haven't heard anything stating that 'speculating whether Rich is currently in good health or not' is a bad thing.

The mods seem to lock those threads as well because, invariably, it still gets to the point where people wonder when the comic will be updated.

The Gunslinger himself noted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7248892&postcount=18) that even speculating about Rich's health isn't particularly helpful, no matter how well intentioned it is.

I figure that if something is up on Rich's end, someone will tell us about it. Till then, we just have to excerize patience. :smallsmile:

Belkster11
2009-11-04, 03:19 PM
He did mention he had a non-fatal but still bad condition that makes him not able to do the comics.

He probably has it now.

pendell
2009-11-04, 03:26 PM
I call bogus. I think he's actually a superhero, and his prolonged absences are because he's having to go save the world from Lex Luthor, Dr. Doom, Cthulthu, and a host of other evils Mankind Does Not Wot Of.

Even a moment of his true, tortured existence would drive us mere mortal minds mad, MAD!

So he relieves stress when he's not saving the universe by composing comic strips. 2D because that is all the sanity left him, loosely based on the villains he confronts on a daily basis.

... what :smallconfused: ?

It makes a good story, doesn't it?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Haven
2009-11-04, 03:33 PM
Makes sense. It explains why Superman wasn't in the brief shot of the Justice League--he was actually the one doing the comic. :o

Menas
2009-11-04, 03:49 PM
I figure that if something is up on Rich's end, someone will tell us about it. Till then, we just have to excerize patience. :smallsmile:

Well, I can try excercising patients, but they tend to get cranky when I do that.

Oh, you said PATIENCE, not patients.... I better go tell them they can stop running now.

*hurries off towards the exercising patients*

Rollory
2009-11-04, 04:48 PM
Plain fact is, these sorts of questions are the sort people are GOING to ask, and locking/banning as a result does not decrease the necessity for some sort of answer to the question.

I actually had noticed that for the past month or more - basically since the break ended - the average time between updates is 5-6 days. Considering Burlew himself stated that his posting was "erratic" before the break (which I hadn't noticed anything of the sort, but whatever) and that afterwards it should be more regular and more frequent, remarking on the discrepancy is not something that can be made to go away just by handwaving.

And punishing people for noticing this aspect of something they are interested in is rather inappropriate.

Gilthans
2009-11-04, 04:51 PM
Well, I can try excercising patients, but they tend to get cranky when I do that.

Oh, you said PATIENCE, not patients.... I better go tell them they can stop running now.

*hurries off towards the exercising patients*

Sir, you just lost one internet.

Johnny Blade
2009-11-04, 04:57 PM
He did mention he had a non-fatal but still bad condition that makes him not able to do the comics.

He probably has it now.
Or not. I mean, between Ookoodook starting up and the new book on its way, there probably is a lot of stuff to do right now.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-04, 05:02 PM
I actually wouldn't mind some of his old filler just to tide us over.

Maelstrom
2009-11-04, 05:21 PM
/old_man_mode_on

Yeah, I remember those days with the fillers... was a great way to tell the restless masses (well, not exactly masses near the beginning, but you get my point) that, uh.... what was I saying?

But we *did* get 15 comics over a period of 10 weeks... that was pretty favorable, right?

Dracorat
2009-11-04, 05:46 PM
Well, lack of updates nonwithstanding, I hope Rich is alright.

I'll still be around when the next comic is posted whenever that may be.

Roland St. Jude
2009-11-04, 06:53 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Update schedule discussion is an inappropriate topic under our Forum Rules.