PDA

View Full Version : Wizard 13 vs. Fighter 20, attempt two at fight four.

Ernir
2009-11-04, 03:17 PM
Yukitsu, Wizard vs. Wckd, Fighter
(Attempt 2.)

Map:
You meet in the parking lot. You are outdoors.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ymubmd.png
The red cars are 4' tall, the blue ones are 7' tall vans.

For Yukitsu:
You are standing at T16. The Simulacrum is standing next to you at R16:S17. You do not see your opposition.

Remember to roll your Mirror Images.

Wckd:
You are standing at T4. You do not see your opposition.

Positions have been triple-checked. :smalltongue:

You may roll initiative.

Yukitsu
2009-11-04, 04:03 PM
[roll0]

I also forgot to add dex to my initiative last time. :smallbiggrin: Wouldn't have made a difference, but oh well.

Initiative [roll1]

Ernir
2009-11-04, 05:33 PM
I have a feeling Wckd and I are on radically different schedules. :smallfrown:

Wckd
2009-11-04, 05:48 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Yukitsu
2009-11-04, 05:53 PM
Sweet. You're up dude.

Wckd
2009-11-04, 06:12 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Way better than yesterday, I guess I don't need to reroll today!

Carol Wozniarch moves to M5. If she spots a creature on the way she will drop the hammer as a free action and make a ranged attack at the target. [roll0] (In case of a critical threat, confirmation: [roll1] )
If the target is a human add +2 to the attack roll. (Humanbane)
If the target is able to cast arcane spells add +2 to the attack roll. (Magebane).
In case of a hit the target takes [roll2] dmg + [roll3] damage if magebane applied + [roll4] damage if humanbane applied, and possibly the target must make the save vs the poison or take the [roll5] Str damage.
Also most magical concealment effects such as invisibility, blur, darkness, obscurring mist, ghostform etc. doesn't apply to the opponent. (Pierce Magical Concealment)

Yukitsu
2009-11-04, 06:14 PM
Will that be all sir?

Ernir
2009-11-04, 06:24 PM
Way better than yesterday, I guess I don't need to reroll today!

Carol Wozniarch moves to M5. If she spots a creature on the way she will drop the hammer as a free action and make a ranged attack at the target. [roll0] (In case of a critical threat, confirmation: [roll1] )
If the target is a human add +2 to the attack roll. (Humanbane)
If the target is able to cast arcane spells add +2 to the attack roll. (Magebane).
In case of a hit the target takes [roll2] dmg + [roll3] damage if magebane applied + [roll4] damage if humanbane applied, and possibly the target must make the save vs the poison or take the [roll5] Str damage.
Also most magical concealment effects such as invisibility, blur, darkness, obscurring mist, ghostform etc. doesn't apply to the opponent. (Pierce Magical Concealment)

Wckd:A Large, winged creature is standing at R16:S17. You see it as soon as you get to R4. Is that where you stop, or do you keep moving before you shoot?

Godna
2009-11-04, 06:42 PM
Wkcd

Ooh Humanbane why didn't i think of that. Nice choice.

Sorry about interrupting just commenting on something.

Yukitsu
2009-11-04, 06:47 PM
Well, I have to leave soon, but do please go ahead and finish your round, if you haven't.

Wckd
2009-11-04, 06:59 PM
Wckd:A Large, winged creature is standing at R16:S17. You see it as soon as you get to R4. Is that where you stop, or do you keep moving before you shoot?

That is correct, I will shoot from that spot.

Wkcd

Ooh Humanbane why didn't i think of that. Nice choice.

Thanks! :D

Well, I have to leave soon, but do please go ahead and finish your round, if you haven't.

I've done what I can this round, now it is Ernir's turn to provide some info. :)

Ernir
2009-11-04, 08:02 PM
Wckd:You shoot the winged one. It is not fast enough to dodge out of the way, but the arrow does not seem to penetrate its skin.
You see the lips of the winged one move. You may roll a listen check to see what was said.

Yukitsu:Out of the blue, your Solar is hit with an arrow that does not seem to be able to do damage. You do not see where it comes from, but as soon as your turn comes around, the Solar says "archer, standing at R4. Invisible, and hard to make out."

Ernir
2009-11-04, 08:06 PM
And Yukitsu would be up.

Wckd
2009-11-04, 08:49 PM
Listen check:[roll0]

Ernir
2009-11-04, 09:04 PM
Listen check:[roll0]You hear the winged one say "archer, standing at R4. Invisible, and hard to make out."

Ernir
2009-11-04, 11:06 PM
Good night.

*Tumbleweed*

See you tomorrow.

Yukitsu
2009-11-05, 12:49 AM
The simulacrum will move to P7 and cast invisibility purge. My personal actions will be based on the response I get from that.

Ernir
2009-11-05, 01:55 PM
A blonde woman wearing a dress, a breastplate, and holding a bow is revealed at R4.

Yukitsu:She's about your age, too. Too bad you intend to kill her.

EDIT: To be clear, you still don't have LoS. The above has to be interpreted as "Solar describes the individual in more detail, and the spell worked."
Wckd:Do you have any way to see invisibles apart from the hammer that now lies on the ground?

Wckd
2009-11-05, 02:41 PM
Wckd:Do you have any way to see invisibles apart from the hammer that now lies on the ground?

At the moment, no, apart from the invisibility sphere spell that the winged one just used. Btw is that creature medium or large? I assumed it was large when you said it started in two spots, but then it moved to a single spot... I'm also trying to figure out the exact area of effect from the invisibility purge spell!

Yukitsu
2009-11-05, 02:51 PM
"Well ma'am, I hope you don't mind a little light bondage."

I step out from behind the van to R14 and cast bands of steel. Reflex save. I then disappear.

I use my normal move action to dimension hop back to my original spot.

Ernir
2009-11-05, 03:03 PM
At the moment, no, apart from the invisibility sphere spell that the winged one just used. Btw is that creature medium or large? I assumed it was large when you said it started in two spots, but then it moved to a single spot... I'm also trying to figure out the exact area of effect from the invisibility purge spell!Wckd:It is Large. You're right, the exact position requires clarification.

You do, however, not know the exact area of the Invisibility Purge. You do not know the winged thing's caster level.
In fact, care to roll Spellcraft to see whether you actually realize what spell turned you visible?
Yukitsu:What other spaces does the Simulacrum extend into?

Looks like we need a reflex save from you, Wckd.

Yukitsu
2009-11-05, 03:06 PM
I'll say O8.

Wckd
2009-11-05, 03:06 PM
As a response to the spell being cast I use an immediate action to activate my ring of spellturning!

"Great. Another one with a fetish!"

Wckd
2009-11-05, 03:08 PM
Spellcraft check: [roll0]

Yukitsu
2009-11-05, 03:37 PM
So what's going on here then?

Wckd
2009-11-05, 03:47 PM
I guess we are waiting for Ernir! :nale:

Ernir
2009-11-06, 08:14 AM
I guess we are waiting for Ernir! :nale:

What you were really waiting for was for GitP to decide that letting me post was a good idea (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7261124&postcount=328). :smallmad:
Still, sorry you had to wait. :smallfrown:

Current status, you say. I need input from Wckd.

As a response to the spell being cast I use an immediate action to activate my ring of spellturning!

"Great. Another one with a fetish!"Wckd:That item does not have an immediate action activation time, it is a standard action. :smalleek:

Do you have an immediate action defense you can employ? Because if not, looks like the Reflex save is still on schedule.

Spellcraft check: [roll0]
Wckd:You do not recognize the spell.

EDIT:
The coordinate Yukitsu mentioned, O8, is the square into which the winged creature is extending from P7.

Wckd
2009-11-06, 02:33 PM
Ok, I guess I'll have to activate the ring via the belt of battle then! Using two charges on the belt to gain a standard action that is used to activate the ring of spellturning. :P

Wckd
2009-11-06, 02:40 PM
Ok, I guess I'll have to activate the ring via the belt of battle then! Using two charges on the belt to gain a standard action that is used to activate the ring of spellturning. :P

If that doesn't work either I need to know if using dimension door will make the spell fail?
Edit: Figured out that this is irrelevant now.

Yukitsu
2009-11-06, 02:53 PM
I feel so left out right now. :smallconfused:

Ernir
2009-11-07, 10:26 AM
We're... working on it. :smallfrown:

Ok, I guess I'll have to activate the ring via the belt of battle then! Using two charges on the belt to gain a standard action that is used to activate the ring of spellturning. :P Activating the Belt of Battle is a swift action, not an immediate action.:smallfrown:

Wckd
2009-11-07, 03:09 PM

We're... working on it. :smallfrown:
Activating the Belt of Battle is a swift action, not an immediate action.:smallfrown:

I'm learning a lot of: "x can't be done because of y" which is killing my character build as I've assumed something else! Sorry to keep you waiting Yukitsu! :durkon:

Does blur have anything to say about the spell hitting or missing or the entanglement/immobilizing effect working? In case blur does provide the 20% miss chance then a low roll means a miss: [roll0] If it doesn't I actually think I have to make the reflex save which would mean I would be using the true believer feat to gain +2 on the save. Reflex: [roll1]

Yukitsu
2009-11-07, 03:18 PM
I have no idea as to what's going on. >.<

Wckd
2009-11-07, 03:21 PM
I have no idea as to what's going on. >.<

Basicly I've been trying to avoid rolling the save, but I'm running out of options...

Yukitsu
2009-11-08, 01:55 PM
Ernir, you still alive? :smallconfused:

Ernir
2009-11-08, 11:08 PM
Wckd:Blur grants concealment, which only gives things that have attack rolls a miss chance. So, reflex save is in effect.

As far as I can tell, the result is that the young lady is not immobilized, but Entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled), hoops of steel halfway blocking her movements.

Wckd, you may attempt an escape artist or strength check to un-entangle yourself as a full-round action.

And you're up, I believe?

Ernir, you still alive? :smallconfused:
Barely.
And now that the weekend has been taken care of, and the forum does not seem to be opposed to me logging on for the time being, I hope this can pick up some of the pace again.

Yukitsu
2009-11-09, 04:59 PM
Oh dear, if it's not one then it's the other. :smallsigh:

Ernir
2009-11-09, 08:58 PM
Oh dear, if it's not one then it's the other. :smallsigh:

You're swimming in luck. :smallfrown:

Ernir
2009-11-10, 01:08 PM
*Poke*

Wckd, you there?

Wckd
2009-11-11, 11:09 AM
*Poke*

Wckd, you there?

Must have missed the thread as it floated down towards the big pit of inactivity. :vaarsuvius:

Would i still be entangled in the new square if i used dimension door to teleport myself away from the current location?

Before you ask Yukitsu: this is just an inquiry before I choose what to do in this entangled situation which you've put me in. :smallbiggrin:

Ernir
2009-11-11, 12:45 PM
Would i still be entangled in the new square if i used dimension door to teleport myself away from the current location?Yes, you would be.

Yukitsu
2009-11-12, 02:49 PM
Oh goody. :smallsmile:

Ernir
2009-11-12, 09:01 PM
*Dances the Macarena*

Yukitsu
2009-11-14, 12:06 AM
So how much longer before this defaults one way or the other? :smallsigh:

Ernir
2009-11-14, 05:06 PM
Let's say 48 hours before the Fighter is declared defeated due to inactivity. :smallsigh:

Wckd
2009-11-16, 02:15 PM
Sorry to have kept you guys waiting! :smallredface:

Winner=Yukitsu, Loser=Carol Wozniarch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=163020)/Wckd
Type of win: Forfeit/Surrender
The interest simply vanished for me sometime along the way as it really turned out to be quite different than I had expected before we started this whole thing! 2 vs. 1 instead of 1 vs. 1, an uphill rules struggle that I had not anticipated, as well as a much more time consuming than I had imagined!

Godna
2009-11-16, 02:21 PM
Tell me about it. One of my opponents Can not die, and the other chain dispelled me the fighters lot is not an easy one.

Well that means Yukitsu is free to face me after I finish one of my two fights?

Ernir
2009-11-16, 10:39 PM
Forfeit confirmed. Looks like this one is over, people.

Well that means Yukitsu is free to face me after I finish one of my two fights?Yup.