PDA

View Full Version : Help with making a Warforged Warlord

Tough_Tonka
2009-11-04, 04:17 PM
I've been contemplating making a Lv 3 Warforged Warlord and was wondering if anyone had any advice they could share on the subject.

I wanted to do was get plate armor proficiency and get the adamantine armor from the Eberron players guide. Is this armor really worth the lv 4 item slot?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-04, 04:22 PM
Not on a Wizard. ASF is killer. You generally have to go with Unarmored Body as a Warforged Arcanist.

The Glyphstone
2009-11-04, 04:23 PM
..Warlord, not Wizard. and "Plate Armor Proficiency" and "lvl 4 item" implies he means 4E, which means there is not ASF.

Me, a diehard 3.5 addict, capable of identifying a 4E help request by looking at the terminology. Imma gonna go cry now.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-04, 04:29 PM
Wow I messed up. No clue where that came from.

Herbstfarben
2009-11-04, 04:29 PM
Me, a diehard 3.5 addict, capable of identifying a 4E help request by looking at the terminology. Imma gonna go cry now.

He said Warlord instead of Marshall. That gave it away.

LibraryOgre
2009-11-04, 05:00 PM
I've been contemplating making a Lv 3 Warforged Warlord and was wondering if anyone had any advice they could share on the subject.

I wanted to do was get plate armor proficiency and get the adamantine armor from the Eberron players guide. Is this armor really worth the lv 4 item slot?

Warforged is a good race for Warlord; you need strength, and putting secondaries in Cha and Int give you a nice Resourceful warlord; TacLords are also good, and with Warforged Resolve you could probably survive Bravura, but I don't like them. Drop spare points (that you can't fit into those others) into Con; should probably leave your Wisdom a bit gimped, because while you don't NEED dexterity, leaving it at 10 is better than an 8. Wisdom you don't need.

My Warforged Cleric is rocking the Rimefire plate right now... there was Adamantine armor, but it was higher than 4th level, and I can put Black Iron on Rimefire Plate. If Adamantine Plating gives you a 1 DR, it's very worth it for a beatstick... that little bit to let you heal is worth it.