PDA

View Full Version : Random Speculation - Giant's Health

ZeLinator
2009-11-04, 05:45 PM
I am willing to risk lock and ban to start this thread to combine our two favorite past times: griping about the comic schedule, and random speculation.

What do you think the Giant's chronic condition is? Does it progress? Will he be able to finish the comic, in the long run?

BatRobin
2009-11-04, 05:46 PM
It's.

Not.

Life.

Threatening.

LOCK PLZ.

Hardcore
2009-11-04, 05:48 PM
He has a hunchback.

daggaz
2009-11-04, 05:50 PM
Wow. Talk about rude, wrong, and pointless, all rolled up in one. Hope you get your ban, dude. You deserve it.

drengnikrafe
2009-11-04, 05:50 PM
His mind is so powerful and awesome, it periodically explodes. However, it's so incredibly incredible that it reassembles itself.

Yes, I'm kidding. (And now I feel dirty for posting in a thread like this)

Jonathan327
2009-11-04, 05:52 PM
chronic condition is? Does it progress?

Why ask the second question if you have already written chronic? It hurts my head.

In conclusion, respect his privacy.

BRC
2009-11-04, 05:54 PM
The Giant has a condition called Speculitis. It's main symptom is that it causes people on the internet to speculate excessively about The Giant and his work. It's a fairly common condition I hear, currently, there is no cure.

As for his absences, everybody knows the Giant dosn't always have time to make comics because he's too busy being Batman.

B.I.T.T.
2009-11-04, 05:56 PM
How do I put this diplomatically? ZeLinator, this thread is kind of a "no-no". In fact it may be several "no-no's".

ZeLinator
2009-11-04, 06:03 PM
And I really don't give a darn. I was under the impression that chronic was different from progressive (I know that's not the right word but whatever). Chronic being constant, whereas progressive being "getting worse." And even if it's not life-threatening, it could spell the end of the comic, if he's unable to write, see, etc. I know this thread is kinda dark, but it's a legitimate concern of mine, and I thought it would be different from the standard "Where's the new comic" whining.

And if it turns out I'm a nosy little troll who should slag off and mind his own business, then so be it.

BRC
2009-11-04, 06:12 PM
And I really don't give a darn. I was under the impression that chronic was different from progressive (I know that's not the right word but whatever). Chronic being constant, whereas progressive being "getting worse." And even if it's not life-threatening, it could spell the end of the comic, if he's unable to write, see, etc. I know this thread is kinda dark, but it's a legitimate concern of mine, and I thought it would be different from the standard "Where's the new comic" whining.

And if it turns out I'm a nosy little troll who should slag off and mind his own business, then so be it.
A legitimate concern it may be, but The Giant has made his stance very clear on the issue.
He has a chronic condition that makes it difficult for him to keep a regular comic schedule. It is not life threatening.
That is all the information he wants to give us, and asking for more information is rude. The line has been drawn and no more questions on the subject will be answered.

And why ask such questions when the questions of will we see Miko again/What is the MiTD/What gender is V/ what happened to the dog/Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego/ whether Roy is naturally bald or just shaves his head/ Is Mr Scruffy actually an awakened cat with the Leadership skill who took Belkar as his Cohort, have yet to be answered.

In case you were wondering, the answers are No, Carmen Sandiego, Yes, It moved to a big farm upstate, Under the Umbrella, Both, and Very Yes.

Roland St. Jude
2009-11-04, 06:24 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked for raising an inappropriate topic.