PDA

View Full Version : Crowd-Sourcing My Party

Hashmir
2009-11-04, 09:03 PM
So, I've been bored lately, and looking for a creative outlet. To address this, I'm gearing up to try my hand at a little solo D&D (http://shiftkitty.angelfire.com/DDSolitaire.pdf). But I have a problem.

See, I'm not that good at working off of a blank canvas. I have to have something limit me in some way, some framework within which to work. To that end, I've pseudo-randomly generated the basic characters, but I still need to fill them in -- give them some personality, things that will make them real and drive the story. Rather than trying to come up with all of this all by my lonesome, I thought I'd see if I can't tap into the collective creativity of the GitP fora.

The characters in question are:
Nalla, the female Goliath battlerager fighter
Chali, the female Drow storm sorcerer
Krusk, the male Half-Orc rageblood barbarian
Adara, the female Deva panther shaman
Elyas, the male Deva preservation invoker (that's two Devas -- do they know each other? :smallconfused:)

So, if you've got an interesting character concept bouncing around in your head, or just feel like popping in to assign an odd personality trait to someone, now's the time to let it be known! Seriously, anything at all! And don't be shy about coming up with plot-crucial elements either; I don't even know what it is yet!

Oh, and if anyone was particularly curious about my method...
I rolled dice to pick a random power source for each class role, then rolled a second time if there multiple choices (for instance, there are two arcane strikers). I then rolled for builds and races appropriate to those builds. Finally, I rolled a race for the fifth character, and picked a class appropriate to that race -- that was the barbarian.

Random things are fun!

Hashmir
2009-11-04, 09:58 PM
Er, not to clog the board with unpopular ideas, but I figure I should at least give this a token bump before abandoning the idea entirely...

I dunno. Has there been a community character-developing project before? Did I miss all the fun? :smallbiggrin: