PDA

View Full Version : Fighter 13 vs. Wizard 13, Giacomo vs. Superglucose

sofawall
2009-11-05, 12:07 AM
Fighter 2013 vs. Wizard 13, fight four(?).

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/Giantitp/Arena2i.gif

Whoever gets here first, pick a side, and roll initiative.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-05, 02:13 AM
Picking the blue spot ...

[roll0]

for sofawall

Buffs on:
see inivisibility (permanent), mirror image, blink
Comp. Longbow in hand

Superglucose
2009-11-05, 12:11 PM
Haha whoops! I'm here now!

Ok, well

[roll0]

For the GM

Buffs up:
Overland Flight
Contingency (If I am attacked): Dimension Door

Familiar: Hawk

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-05, 03:46 PM
What do we see?
The wizard sees an elven archer, armed with a composite longbow.
He's constantly phasing in and out and there are
[roll0] images of him.

Superglucose
2009-11-05, 04:02 PM
Oh wait right buff rounds. One moment please!

Superglucose
2009-11-05, 04:05 PM
2 rounds of buffs:
Mage Armor is all day, forgot about that one.
Also, Maximized Mirror Image (8 images) (via rod) and Blink.

Superglucose
2009-11-05, 04:07 PM
I'm in Y Ten, and if you see me you see nine human wizards with a big 'ol black robe and a huge bag behind him.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-05, 05:09 PM
just checking something ...

sofawall

Do I see anything else with see invisibility? E.g. Project image effect ..,

sofawall
2009-11-06, 12:10 AM
GitP refuses to notify me when someone posts in a thread I subscribe to. Oh well.

First of all, if you two could send me a link to your character sheets, (Mythweavers or w/e) I'd love it.

just checking something ...

sofawall

Do I see anything else with see invisibility? E.g. Project image effect ..,

Giacomo
See Invis does not see anything different from normal vision.

Giacomo, you can take your turn.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-06, 02:04 AM
Round 1 fighter actions, part 1

OK.
Unnaturally fast, the archer draws an arrow and shoots at the wizard. In case this triggers some magical effect (contingency or otherwise) there may or may not be a full attack following. Also, in case the first arrow misshoots there may be a full attack.
The arrow trails a fiery path, burning on impact.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Information for sofawall:

Boots of speed are activated for a round.
The arrow is adamantine, fired from the fire, seeking bow (note that in the sheet I sent to you I had put in the sonic enchantment - but I forgot that core does not have this, so I took fire).
The archer sees where the target is and just before shooting closes his eyes and shoots into the square of the wizard. This means that the wizard has full concealment for a short while, but is pinpointed. Thanks to the seeking enchantment the mirror image is bypassed.
The archer opens the eye again after firing to see what effect the attack has.
The attack bonus is calculated including the +2 from blink and -2 from distance.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-06, 02:06 AM
Ah, forgot to roll a miss chance. Miss=1; 2-5=hit:

[roll0]

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-06, 02:12 AM
Ah, I somehow knew the first arrow was too good to be true ...:smallsmile:

Full attack then ...

Fighter round 1 actions, part 2

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

sofawall:

Same procedure as for the first arrow.

Then 5ft step from B11 to C12.

End of turn.

sofawall
2009-11-06, 02:13 AM
The full attack may or may not land, depending on whether or not Superglucose is online.

EDIT: Giacomo, there is in fact a contingency, but I'm not sure what it's doing.

EDIT2: Also, the dice roller hates you. Only one of those passed the miss chance :P

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 02:29 AM
I'll be back, there was a contingency, no full attack. More to come, but I'm a tad busy right this moment, sorry.

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 02:40 AM
Ok, DimensionDoor to T 10.

sofawall
2009-11-06, 03:32 AM
*sigh*

Contingencied Dimension Door does not work that way. Please read my PM, Superglucose.

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 03:36 AM
Correction: I go 100ft up.

sofawall
2009-11-06, 03:38 AM
Giacomo, you may continue. I think he is still in range, do you want to full attack him?

EDIT: Yeah, we'll assume there are no trees in the way.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-06, 06:47 AM
hi- the full attack is OK, since it was arrow 3 that triggered the contingency.

It's the wizard's turn.

Edit: maybe the contingency was triggered by the mere act of attacking, in that case, too, a full attack would have ensued and arrow 3 hits for the indicated damage

sofawall
2009-11-06, 04:32 PM
hi- the full attack is OK, since it was arrow 3 that triggered the contingency.

It's the wizard's turn.

Edit: maybe the contingency was triggered by the mere act of attacking, in that case, too, a full attack would have ensued and arrow 3 hits for the indicated damage

It was, in fact, being attack, not being hit, so the third arrow goes through. You take 13 damage, 6 of which is fire. Your turn, Superglucose.

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 05:44 PM
Ah so you can see through my mirror images and a way to strike ethereal creatures. Excellent :P

Belay that.

Real action: Greater Dispel on our Fighter friend as a 20ft burst (so as to meet up with his mirror images).

I rolled 10 checks, let me know if I need to roll more.

Dispel check: 1d20+13

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 05:50 PM
Forgot you can't roll in an edit.

Take 2:
(these are in order)

Dispel check: [roll0]
Dispel check: [roll1]
Dispel check: [roll2]
Dispel check: [roll3]
Dispel check: [roll4]
Dispel check: [roll5]
Dispel check: [roll6]
Dispel check: [roll7]
Dispel check: [roll8]
Dispel check: [roll9]

EDIT: not done yet, but I want to know the visible results before I take the rest of my actions.

Doc Roc
2009-11-06, 07:01 PM
Perhaps you should go read the effects of area dispel? You won't need that many dispel checks.

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 07:04 PM
"If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell (which discharges the dispel magic spell so far as that target is concerned) or until you fail all your checks."

Just in case they fail. If they're not needed, they're not needed.

sofawall
2009-11-06, 11:41 PM
Ah so you can see through my mirror images and a way to strike ethereal creatures. Excellent :P

Well... Hax were used. Pretty clever, actually.

As for dispelling, the mirror images are a spell effect on him, not a "area or effect spell whose point of origin is within the area of the dispel magic spell". Just for reference.

Anyway, Superglucose, you note no visual change in Giacomo.

Giacomo:You lose your See Invisibility.

EDIT: Technically, you lose the Permanency, but since the original duration has (I assume) long since run out, See Invis goes with it.

Superglucose
2009-11-06, 11:49 PM
"For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level."

He is a creature, he is the subject of one or more spells, I make the caster check against the highest level spell on him.

sofawall
2009-11-07, 12:10 AM
"For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level."

He is a creature, he is the subject of one or more spells, I make the caster check against the highest level spell on him.

Highest caster level, and yes, you did. Continue.

EDIT: To clarify, some may argue the images are separate from Giacomo. They may be, but the spell itself is not. Mirror Image goes on the same list as True Seeing or Fox's Cunning for dispelling. Therefore, you cannot dispel both a buff and the images with area dispel.

Superglucose
2009-11-07, 12:16 AM
Ok. I go up another thirty feet and end turn.

sofawall
2009-11-07, 12:18 AM
Ok. I go up another thirty feet and end turn.
Superglucose:
You cannot go straight up. You must go at a 60 degree angle.

Superglucose
2009-11-07, 12:25 AM
Back away 30ft at a 60 degree angle then.

sofawall
2009-11-07, 12:35 AM
Are you... Are you going to make me do the trig?

Ok, started in... You are in Z11 at a height of 110 ft.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-07, 06:06 AM
Before my action ...
First, sofawall:

Spellcraft of the fighter to recognise the spell that was cast:
[roll0]

One thing on the greater dispel effect: at the time the dispel struck, the archer still had the haste spell from the boots on which was also at 10th level, as the permanency spell.
So you could roll a 50% chance whether that haste was gone (only up for a round, anyway) or the permanency.

Then, superglucose congratulated me that I am able to hit etheral creatures. In case he is etheral, I would no longer be able to see him, if my see invisibility is down.
However, in case he is etheral, it gets a bit complicated. The archer is 50% of the time on the etheral plane, so the wizard can see him then and also cast dispel magic on him. However, abjuration effects do not extend onto the material plane (only the other way round). Therefore, there is a 50% miss chance here.

Overall, with the haste effect being the same level as the permanency effect, there is a 25% chance only that the dispel hit the archer's see invisibility.

What do you say?
Just let me know the ruling. In case there is no more see invisibility up, the archer can no longer see the wizard and will probably try to get up another see invisibility (in case he realised a dispel had hit him) or assume the wizard has dimension doored into hiding behind one of the posts.

sofawall
2009-11-07, 03:31 PM
Before my action ...
First, sofawall:

Spellcraft of the fighter to recognise the spell that was cast:
[roll0]

One thing on the greater dispel effect: at the time the dispel struck, the archer still had the haste spell from the boots on which was also at 10th level, as the permanency spell.
So you could roll a 50% chance whether that haste was gone (only up for a round, anyway) or the permanency.

Then, superglucose congratulated me that I am able to hit etheral creatures. In case he is etheral, I would no longer be able to see him, if my see invisibility is down.
However, in case he is etheral, it gets a bit complicated. The archer is 50% of the time on the etheral plane, so the wizard can see him then and also cast dispel magic on him. However, abjuration effects do not extend onto the material plane (only the other way round). Therefore, there is a 50% miss chance here.

Overall, with the haste effect being the same level as the permanency effect, there is a 25% chance only that the dispel hit the archer's see invisibility.

What do you say?
Just let me know the ruling. In case there is no more see invisibility up, the archer can no longer see the wizard and will probably try to get up another see invisibility (in case he realised a dispel had hit him) or assume the wizard has dimension doored into hiding behind one of the posts.

Oh damn, I forgot about your blink. One sec...

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: The spell did not effect you. Your attack remains successful. You retain See Invisibility. Also, I misread that spell, way back when. It allows you to see the difference between ethereal and normal, and I had forgotten that. He is blinking in much the same way you are.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-08, 01:41 PM
OK, here we go then (sorry about the delay...)

Fighter round 2 actions

Info for sofawall

OK, that makes sense.
Again, using the close-eyes-just-before-shooting-after-pinpointing-and-seeking-arrow-trick,
full attack with rapid shot this time for 5 attacks. That is a penalty of -2 for range, -2 for rapid shot, but +1 for haste and +2 for blinking (also negating DEX and dodge bonuses of the wizard in case he cannot see invisible).
Also, again activating the boots of speed for a round.

Full attack with composite longbow, again the misses are on 1 with 1d5.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

End of turn.

Superglucose
2009-11-08, 02:23 PM
Solid Fog on your square, and then I move down 40 feet at a 60 degree angle.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-08, 04:37 PM
sofawall, again... (and observers), part1

ok, quite complex. First, what is going on
[roll0]

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-08, 04:52 PM
ok, round 3 fighter actions, part1

Sofawall:

Having recognised the solid fog spell, the archer activates again the boots of speed for a round, blinks into the water and swims/moves etherally until he gets out of the 20ft radius and blinks on the other side of the small river.
This should work all with one move, if he makes a DC 10 swim check.
Swim speed=15ft, etheral speed=30ft. Add both and divide/2 is 22.5ft.
[roll0]

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-08, 05:05 PM
oh well, not that lucky...
The fighter emerges wet from the fog and moves to the tree square in I10.

Sofawall

Since I did not make the swim check, I used the second move action to get out of the fog.

Edit: I just noticed that if the wizard is blinking and using overland flight, he should only have a move of 30ft.

End of fighter turn.

Superglucose
2009-11-08, 05:31 PM
How did you move 20 feet in one round when your movement speed is 5ft/round?

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-09, 02:34 AM
there are both magic and mundane ways to escape from a solid fog. In this case, it was a mixture of both.

Superglucose
2009-11-09, 03:49 AM
I will take the following move: Down 20ft turn 90 degrees, forward 30 feet. I move down at double speed and I can turn 45 degrees in each of those turns and the trig works out. I am now in Y-17 55ft off the ground and I'm going to cast a spell.

Enlarged Wind Wall which is 65 feet high and 130 feet long from R-20 to Z-10. Since I'm in Y-17 I'm behind it. End turn.

You hear the wind rustling suddenly.

If you pass a spellcraft check feel free to look at the spoiler tag.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-09, 08:20 AM
I have a suspicion what the spell may be, let's see what the archer gets ...

[roll0]

sofawall
2009-11-09, 03:46 PM
Superglucose:

When blinking, you are slower than normal, remember. I won't make you go back and do-over, but remember for the rest of the fight.

It might help if you tell Giacomo what the DC is, Superglucose. In any case, Giacomo fails the check. (But will likely still metagame to figure out what it is)

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-10, 01:22 AM
sofawall:

I strongly suspect that it is a windwall. Normally, I'd have the fighter shoot since he does not realize this.
But a windwall is invisible and thus this fighter could see it and try to bypass it. What does the archer see?

sofawall
2009-11-10, 11:30 PM
sofawall:

I strongly suspect that it is a windwall. Normally, I'd have the fighter shoot since he does not realize this.
But a windwall is invisible and thus this fighter could see it and try to bypass it. What does the archer see?

Holy **** Giacomo... See Invis does actually see the spell that was cast. It appears to be strong air currents moving erratically, making it extremely difficult for an attack such as an arrow to get through. It is 65 feet high and 130 feet long from R-20 to Z-10.

Also, don't ask how you see air. It is invisible, and you see invisible things. Good enough for me.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-11, 02:12 AM
Fighter round 4

In swift movement, the archer moves to S20. Just before reaching S20, he can be seen moving in one of the phasing-in-and-out sequences to move into the ground and up again.

sofawall

With 45ft overall move, 4x move to S20, ducking underneath the unknown invisible barrier - the archer's guess is that it is some kind of force effect.:smallsmile:

End of Fighter turn.

Superglucose
2009-11-11, 02:44 AM
First, Quickened Ray of Exhaustion

For sofawall:

First I whisper to my familiar to scream out my opponents location if he moves. In our special hawk language that no one but us understands.

Can I close my eyes before firing to elliminate the Mirror Images? Technically I don't take the penalty for them if my eyes are closed, but I also don't think I should be able to pinpoint him. Mirror Image pretty much describes it as many mirror images occupying similar (but not the same) space. My question is, can I even pinpoint him since there are something like five copies of him? If so, these rolls will be as they are, since that's what I suspect he's doing (the other guy pulled a similar trick, but he was using listen checks opposed by move silently to pinpoint me, so I don't know if this will work.) I'll be using my lesser rod of maximize to maximize this spell.

If I need a listen check:
[roll0]

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
[roll2]1 hits
[roll3]1 hits

If that hits you, DC

DC 19 Spellcraft check:

Dimension Door

For Sofawall only:

I'm hiding in A-8, out of los for him and inside the Solid Fog.

sofawall:

My familiar is going to fly away from the position since he's not going to come with me. It has a move speed of 60ft and will be "running" up at its 4x movement. It's a hawk, btw. I'm a bit surprised they don't have the run feet, but no matter, 240 feet "up" at a 60 degree angle

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-11, 07:49 AM
The ray did not hit (btw, iiec it is close range only, so the wizard was not in range, anyhow).

Should I still do the DC 19 spellcraft check?

Superglucose
2009-11-11, 11:41 AM
Oh you were out of range? My bad then :smallredface:

I keep forgetting the height I am off the ground. Nix that!

The other spell has nothing to do with you so you can attempt a spellcraft. I disappear and a bird goes flying off into the night.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-11, 03:01 PM
Let's see whether the fighter recognises the spell ...

[roll0]

Edit: I see ...

sofawall

Is the wizard visbile somewhere? (including the areas G14 and under the bridges, remember he has no hide action after dimension door).
Also, let me know whether there are any sounds that could be expected from a calm water disturbed by a body blinking in and out underneath.
Edit 2: just noticed he might have also vanished into the solid fog area - that would be quite clever!
Edit 3: Is solid fog considered an object? - if not, the archer could see the wizard while both blink into the etheral plane. Usually, no magic but agjuration and force effects extend from material to etheral plane.
In this case, though, the fog creates total concealment through water- an object. Difficult call. I'd lean towards the solid fog's concealment also applies to the etheral plane.
Interesting match!

sofawall
2009-11-11, 06:01 PM
Let's see whether the fighter recognises the spell ...

[roll0]

Edit: I see ...

sofawall

Is the wizard visible somewhere? (including the areas G14 and under the bridges, remember he has no hide action after dimension door).
Also, let me know whether there are any sounds that could be expected from a calm water disturbed by a body blinking in and out underneath.
Edit 2: just noticed he might have also vanished into the solid fog area - that would be quite clever!
Edit 3: Is solid fog considered an object? - if not, the archer could see the wizard while both blink into the ethereal plane. Usually, no magic but abjuration and force effects extend from material to ethereal plane.
In this case, though, the fog creates total concealment through water- an object. Difficult call. I'd lean towards the solid fog's concealment also applies to the ethereal plane.
Interesting match!

Even if "normally visible", the fog would block your sight. As for sounds, there are...
[roll0]

No sounds out of the ordinary that you can hear.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-12, 04:28 PM
Sorry, took a bit longer.

Round Five Fighter actions
(in spoiler, since I do not know what the wizard will be able to see)
sofawall

OK, a rules question first: are we going by the interpretation that you can draw any item as a weapon when moving?
In that case, the archer moves to J20, drawing the wand of blinking.
He'd jump over the bog area, needing a DC 15 to do so (if he does not get that far, he'll end up in K20 I guess). He then activates another blink effect. (the old one would end the next round).
[roll0]

If you rule that the item cannot be drawn with a move, 5ft step to R19.
Then, draw wand of blink and activate.
End of turn.
Listen checks to pinpoint as soon some spellcasting is audible.

Superglucose
2009-11-12, 04:34 PM
DC21 spellcraft:

True Seeing

Also the bird that took off screams something extremely loudly.

Sofawall:

Where is the fighter? What did he do?

P.s. end turn.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-12, 05:41 PM
sofawall getting a lot of spoilers ...:smallbiggrin:

First, the spellcraft check
[roll0]
Then, a listen check to pinpoint when the spell is cast (DC 0 +20, or 20) (apply range mods as appropriate)
[roll1]
Also, opposed listen check vs move silently in case the wizard moves away
[roll2]

Edit: sofawall, I guess you'll now need to round up what we'll notice of each other.
Also, for you:

My listen pinpoint was fairly mediocre, but possibly the archer realises where broadly the spellcasting came from?

sofawall
2009-11-13, 07:06 PM
The things I miss when I'm away for a day.

Ok, so, looking over the thread, I see this:

Superglucose: Your hawk yells nothing. You crossed out the part where you told me your hawk was going to do that, taking it back.

What is your altitude?

Giacomo: You need a UMD check, unless I am mistaken. Also, listen says NW, approx.

More to come after responses.

Superglucose
2009-11-13, 07:12 PM
Ummm... I was crossing out the spell because I wasn't... ah forget it.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-16, 10:21 AM
Sorry, was a bit distracted by real life ...:smallwink:

sofawall

I think no UMD check is necessary, since I got +19, so even a "1" is OK for the DC 20 wand activation.

And is it possible to draw an item as part of a movement? That is, in what square do I end up from my last moves' actions?

sofawall
2009-11-16, 07:24 PM
Sorry, was a bit distracted by real life ...:smallwink:

sofawall

I think no UMD check is necessary, since I got +19, so even a "1" is OK for the DC 20 wand activation.

And is it possible to draw an item as part of a movement? That is, in what square do I end up from my last moves' actions?

Giacomo
If you roll a 1, however, you fail. Disregard my poor memory. Also, you may draw as part of movement.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-17, 01:45 AM
round 6 fighter actions

Again, sofawall...

Again activating the boots for a round, the archer moves with double move but half speed into the solid fog in E14.
He moves silently doing so.
[roll0]
Due to blinking he should be able to move 10ft deep into the fog.

End of turn.

sofawall
2009-11-17, 02:15 AM
round 6 fighter actions

Again, sofawall...

Again activating the boots for a round, the archer moves with double move but half speed into the solid fog in E14.
He moves silently doing so.
[roll0]
Due to blinking he should be able to move 10ft deep into the fog.

End of turn.

Lemme think... 30 ft. in ethereal plane, 5 ft. normal (in fog), average out... round down... 15 ft. move speed while hasted in the solid fog.

End of Turn stands.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-19, 05:19 PM
Was the wizard stealthe'd into defeat? :smallwink:

Seriously - did I overlook something and it is the fighter's turn again?

- Giacomo

Superglucose
2009-11-19, 05:30 PM
Oh lol I didn't see "end of turn"

My bad.

Spellcraft DC... oh 18.

Displacement

for sofa

Move 10ft to the left of where I was.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-20, 02:50 AM
for sofa, too ...

Two checks first to gauge my options ...
[roll0]
[roll1]

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-22, 06:39 AM
er ... sofawall: I guess without your help we're not getting anywhere here.
What do we see? What do we know? Where are we? Why are we? etc. :smallsmile:

sofawall
2009-11-22, 02:01 PM
Sorry, my stupid subscribed thread box won't work. One sec...

Ok, so, Giacomo may look at the spoiler box for the spellcraft check.

SuperglucoseHow do you go to the left, you are in A8? Or, at least, that's the last location I saw you...

Could everyone, at the end of each turn, please tell me what space they are in in a spoiler? It's getting annoying trying to dig back looking for the last time you guys each moved.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-22, 05:05 PM
Update for sofawall:

The archer has moved silently on the bridge in E14. He did a listen check of 33 to pinpoint the wizard when he cast the spell. If the wizard moved before or after the casting of the displacement spell, another listen check may be needed - so just in case:
[roll0]

sofawall
2009-11-22, 05:57 PM
Giacomo: Thank you. A bit of a tangent, but you seem to roll quite a few natural ones for listen checks, don't you? Between here and The Monkening, at least.

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-22, 07:31 PM
reply to sofawall

Well, one was a natural 20, the other a natural 1. As long as I get a good roll when it counts I won't complain :smallsmile:

edit: for the recent pinpoint attempts, that is ...

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-24, 12:21 PM
well ... anything that we perceive of each other?

Superglucose
2009-11-24, 01:07 PM
Just to make this simple...

"Meh I think we call it hear." Wizard speaks as he steps out of the fog. "Only other way for it to end at this point is with one or more of us dead. Truce?"

(it's taking too long and I think both players and the GM are losing interest. I'll let you call it a win if you like.)

Sir Giacomo
2009-11-25, 02:41 PM
The archer also steps out of the fog.

"This sounds like a good idea. Let us team up and face the foes we were meant to." (whips out a tome of CR 13 monsters ....)

ooc:
I think we should call it a draw. The point I wanted to make is made (i.e. wizard is not overpowered vs the fighter even at level 13).

I'll have a look at the combat as well as spoilers and post my fighter lateron here -maybe you'd like to do the same with your wizard?

The three buffs for the fighter were mirror image, blink and see invisbility (the latter permancie'd through own UMD efforts). It was quite amazing even for me how much of a wizard's arsenal at these levels gets negated by those 2nd and 3rd level buffs*.

- Giacomo

Edit:
*incidently, the blink effect of the wizard became a problem when he dispelled - since abjuration effects extend from the material to the etheral plane, but not the other way round. Also, the area dispel could have easily only affected the haste effect that was on at the time from the boots of speed ...
The anti-wizard power of the fighter below stems from the ability to strike with seeking arrows, negating the otherwise powerful mirror image defense (you only need to close your eyes when firing). Blink and mirror image had also been chosen here as prime defense buffs.

13th level Elven Fighter

AL Neutral
STR 12, DEX 22 (+2 enhance, +2 racial, 3 stat gains), CON 12 (-2 racial), INT 12, WIS 12, CHR 12 (+2 enhance).

FEATS (5 level, 7 class): Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus-Composite Longbow, Iron Will, Weapon Spc-Composite Longbow, Magical Apitude, Manyshot, Greater Weapon Focus-Composite Longbow, Skill Focus-UMD, Greater Weapon Specialisation-Comp. Longbow, Improved Crit-Comp.Longbow

SPECIAL: Elven racial traits

SKILLS: Listen +13 (WIS, 8 ranks, +2 racial, +2 MW item), Spellcraft +7 (2 ranks, +2 MW item, INT, feat), UMD +19 (8 ranks, +5 feats, MW item, circlet of persuasion, CHR), Spot +5 (WIS, racial, eyes, MW item), tumble +14 (DEX, 6 ranks, MW item), Ride +6 (DEX), Move Silently +8 (DEX, MW item)

ITEMS: Masterwork tools for 6 of the above skills (300 gp), Vest of Resistance +3 (9,000), Cloak of CHR +2 (4,000), Circlet of Persuasion (4,500), Boots of Speed (12,000), Rod of Cancellation (11,000), Figurine of Wondrous Power – Bronze Griffon (10,000), Leather Armour +1 (1,160), Buckler +1 (1,165), Gloves of DEX +2 (4,000), Wand of Blinking (11,250), Comp. Longbow +1, Fire, Seeking (18,500), Permancie’d See Invisbility/Scroll of Permanency (6,125), Wand of See Invisibility (4,500), Wand of Mirror Image (4,500), 1 Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750), Wand of silent image (750), Wand of Protection from Evil (750), Ring of Feather Falling (2,000), 50 adamantine arrows (3,000)

OTHER EQUIPMENT 10 days of trail rations, backpack, 5 flasks or 1.5 litre water each, explorer's outfit, bedroll, 5 (empty) scrollcases, 2 belt pouches, 2 50ft silk ropes, 5 torches, flint&steel, 10 tindertwigs, 12 gp. 100 normal arrows, Masterwork Shortsword.

INITIATIVE: +10 (DEX, feat)

MOVE: 30ft

AC 21 (DEX, armour, shield), Possible boosts: +1 (haste), +3 (fighting defensively).

Touch AC: 16

HITS 89 (max d10 at first level, CON)

SAVES: Fort +13, Refl + 13, Will +10 /+12 vs enchantment

BAB: +13/+8/+3

COMPOSITE LONGBOW ATTACK: +22/+17/+12, damage 1d8+6+1d6