PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item: Inquisitor's Rosary (needs PEACHing!)

Flayerman
2009-11-05, 03:32 AM
A little magic item I came up with for my level 5 Paladin in an upcoming Pathfinder game. Anybody see any problem with it?

Inquisitor's Rosary
The Rosary of an Inquisitor is the symbol of their authority and their office. Inscribed with a personal Arcane Mark as well as a mundane etching below it, the Inquisitor's Rosary functions as an individualized watermark seal; if the etching and arcane mark don't match up, the Rosary is a fake (DC 15 Knowledge: Religion check to identify such a Rosary as a fake). The Rosary of an Inquisitor has a second function known only to the Inquistion itself; twice per day, the Rosary may be used to cast the spell Charm Person (DC 15 will negates) on a target. Inquisitors rarely risk using this effect for anything more than questioning; the temptation to misuse this helpful tool can often be overwhelming, and some corrupt Inquisitors have been known to bend the minds of populaces for their own personal gain.
Such inquisitors rarely survive for long when the rest of the Order finds them out...
Cost: 666gp (Hilarious, but that's what the Pathfinder book claims it'd cost)
Creation: Craft Wonderous Item, Arcane Mark, Charm Person

ScIaDrd
2009-11-05, 09:45 AM
A nice and flavorful item you have here. I like it a lot and mazbe I´ll implement it in my games. But, apart from that i have one problrm with this: Shiuldent the DC to identify be a bit higer? Because the avarage folik probably don´t what does ramdom inquistor´s personal mark look like, do they?

Debihuman
2009-11-05, 10:04 AM
What is the caster level, aura, etc. If the cost is 666 then the price is double that.

Debby

Temotei
2009-11-10, 03:03 AM
I find the price ironic to the highest degree. Also, it's spelled "wondrous."

Mulletmanalive
2009-11-10, 03:55 AM
I find the price ironic to the highest degree. Also, it's spelled "wondrous."

I don'tm but then, i know what the whole 666 thing is about. I find it oddly fitting...[can't comment further as it's a biblical thing]

Temotei
2009-11-10, 04:22 AM
I meant it's ironic in the case that 666 symbolizing the antichrist, being that the item was made for a paladin.