PDA

View Full Version : Final Exams - Jimmy Li

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 05:21 AM
Jimmy Li, the Rock Bard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=164593)

You stand alone in a 5' column of light that seems to be shining down from high above. Surrounding you is only darkness. Your tests have begun; what do you do?

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 11:35 AM
Jimmy sees there is only darkness aorund him.
Well, as one wise man said, Through the darkness, and the pain... It appears I will have to find a way out of here.
He then creeps forward slightly, at half his full speed, hoping to find a wall.
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
---
[Note, anything under the ---s is OOC, and Italics are thoughts, and none italics within italics are what would normally be italics (even I was slightly confused by that, sorry)]

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 11:41 AM
As soon as you step out of the pillar of light, it disappears. You can't see anything. Do you still want to continue moving?

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 11:46 AM
Yep, he'll keep on going as well until he finds a wall, if possible he'll keep the checks, but if not, I'll reroll as neccessary

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 11:52 AM
Make a Listen check.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 11:55 AM
[roll0]
---
*hopes this isn't like what my IRL DM does (eg. "Roll a Will Save" *rolls 2* "Nothing happens :smallbiggrin:")*
Edit: Actually, now I hope it is with such a bad roll :smalltongue:

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 11:58 AM
You don't hear anything :smallwink:

Suddenly, there is light. After walking for a few seconds, you find yourself in a room that smells a bit damp and mildewy. There is a table over against the left wall, and a curious-looking door with what appears to be a note stuck to it on the far wall.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 12:06 PM
Jimmy looks around, slightly bemused, but quickly regains his composure and remembers to always test where you are before advancing.
He then picks his Morningstar up and then, after twirling it a few times to get a feel for it, bashes it's skull-shaped head into the left wall
---
I hope I don't need an attack roll for simply hitting a wall when not even trying to break it

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 12:07 PM
You hear a resounding skull-shape-hitting-natural-rock clankthud when your weapon strikes the wall.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 12:10 PM
I should have expected that...
Jimmy walks cautiously over to the table to examine it (he won't sneak this time, just look around for obvious threats)

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 12:14 PM
As you approach, you notice an ENORMOUS metal key-shaped object laying on the table. It's about 6 feet long.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 12:16 PM
There's two chances here, either these tests start out painfully obvious, or that key is too big to be a good thing.
Not wanting to try his luck at this early stage, Jimmy looks at the note on the door, while looking at what the door looks like.

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 12:21 PM
The door is a dull copper color. There is no apparent handle on this side of it. There is a small keyhole, approximately an inch tall, exactly in the center of the door.

The note reads:
Through the years of your studies here, you have unlocked countless skills for yourself. Now, you must unlock your future.

----
OOC: Taking off for an hour or two, back in a bit.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 12:30 PM
I doubt that the key is gonna fit through here...
Though it's talking about skills... Maybe if I use my own skills...
Jimmy picks up his Guitar, and after a few practice strums, closes his eyes, and focuses on the frets and strings, and begins the first song Kage taught him.
You can't kill The Metal
The Metal will live on...

Perform Check: [roll0]
After the final chord fades away, Jimmy opens his eyes, and sees if the door unlocked.

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 02:29 PM
The door glares at you (which is actually quite hard for an inanimate object with no eyes to do) stoically, apparently unmoved by your performance.

Make a Will save.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 02:51 PM
[roll0]
Only just realised I'd left out the base saves...

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 02:56 PM
OOC: Nothing happens :smallbiggrin:

What do you do?

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 02:59 PM
I could have got 2 gold for that performance, goddamned door... Might as well try the key.
Jimmy gingerly taps the key, then immediatly turns round, Morningstar drawn, looking for any threats that had appeared.
Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 03:01 PM
You don't notice anything different.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 03:03 PM
Jimmy then picks up the key and attempts to put it in the lock.
---
Darn Paranoia

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 03:08 PM
As you pick up the key, it shrinks down to the size of a pen-- just the right size to fit in the lock. It turns easily, and the door opens-- just a crack--away from you.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 03:11 PM
Jimmy opens the door just enough to sidle through, then creeps a few feet forward into the room.
Hide (if apllicable)[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
Spot[roll2]
Listen[roll3]

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 03:29 PM
You find yourself in what looks like a small theater. There are about ten rows of seats full of applauding fans, with a slightly-raised stage (5' off the ground) at the opposite end. There are stairs up to the stage on both the left and right ends.

On the stage stands a frail-looking old man holding a mandolin painted a mixture of a glossy black and red. His hair is mostly gray, although it looks like it may have been a rich brown at one point. Your keen eyes notice the faint trace of a scar on his cheek.

He notices you as you take your first steps down the center aisle into the theater. His eyes narrow, and the crowd suddenly vanishes."This is not entirely unexpected," he wheezes.

------
Roll a Spellcraft check.

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 03:43 PM
[not spellcraft trained]
Jimmy takes a couple of steps towards the man, moving no more than five feet.
"What is the test here then?"

brakisaurus
2009-11-06, 10:36 AM
"Test? This is no test. This is your end."

---
Roll initiative.

[roll0]

Altaria87
2009-11-06, 12:29 PM
[roll0]
Meanwhile, Jimmy will scan the area for any useful info.
Spot[roll1]

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 12:52 PM
Ah ha! Before the man on the stage can act, you notice someone who looks suspiciously like him hiding off to your left in what looks like some sort of technician's booth.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 01:09 PM
[if it is possible to throw a spear at him]
Jimmy sidesteps to the left (5-foot step), draws one of his spears from his back, then throws it at the man in the booth:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[if it isn't possible to throw a spear at him]
Jimmy moves as far left as possible, if he can he moves around a corner out of his enemy's line of sight and hides
[roll2]

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 01:24 PM
Your spear bounces harmlessly off of the sound booth. The man you threw it at ducks completely behind the walls of it, going out of sight.

Because of the orientation of the seats you can position yourself for cover against either the direction of the soundbooth or the direction of the stage, but not both.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 01:36 PM
---
I think I've used all my acitons for this turn, but if not, Jimmy will move out of the Stage's LoS/Into cover from the stage

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 01:44 PM
You dash back up the aisle towards the door, then dive behind the back row of seats towards the sound booth. You hear some arcane-sounding noises from the direction of the stage.

---
Your turn.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 01:47 PM
Jimmy will creep across the row of seats, attempting to get behind, or at least to the side of, the stage or sound booth.
Hide[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
---
I have a question, was there a door visible in the room?
Also, just as a note, will rest be available when going through here?

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 01:58 PM
Jimmy will creep across the row of seats, attempting to get behind, or at least to the side of, the stage or sound booth.
Hide[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
---
I have a question, was there a door visible in the room?
Also, just as a note, will rest be available when going through here?

OOC:
From this side, the spot you entered through is covered by heavy dark red curtains.

There is an open 5' aisle that runs up the wall that you would have to cross to get to the sound booth; from here, you can see that the entrance to it is around the other side. You can only make it to the end of the seats this round. The walls of it are about 5' high, so you might be able to leap over it from this side.

You can see some colored lights begin to play across the wall behind you, and from the direction of the stage you hear the growl of a few low power chords.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:01 PM
I'm not going to be able to jump to the booth with my strength, guess I'm going to have to do this the only way I know how.
Jimmy shouts to the man.
"I challenge you, to a Rock Off!"

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:03 PM
There is no vocal response. A few more notes begin twisting their way into the slow staccato of the low chords, hinting at the beginning of a melody.

---
Assuming you're still hiding behind the last row of chairs as you yell?

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:05 PM
Oh yeah :smallwink:
Presuming nothing else happens though, Jimmy will look up to see what is happening.

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:19 PM
You stand up to look over the top of the chairs, and see the old man playing intently. Flashing lights burst occasionally from his instrument. As you watch in fascination at his skill, you suddenly notice a spear sailing towards you from the direction of the stage!

Attack:

[roll0] vs your AC 17 from cover
Damage, if hits: [roll1]

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:27 PM
Jimmy only just dodges the attack when he realises something
Is that... meant to be an older incarnation of me?
Well whatever it is, now he's speaking my language.
"Bring it, old timer!"
Drawing his Guitar, Jimmy begins one of his more memorable pieces.
DUN
Dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun
DUN
DUUUUUN
DUN, DUN
DUN
DUN-DUN
DUNNNNNN
DUN, DUN DUN DUN
*random solo*
"On a Cold Winter Morning
In the Time Before the Light
On Flames of Death's Eternal Reign
We Ride Towards the Fight

When the Darkness Is Falling Down
And the Times are Tough All Right
The Sound of Evil Laughter
Falls around the World Tonight"
"Beat that old man!"
Also, while the man is hopefully distraced by his song, Jimmy moves towards the stage slightly

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:28 PM
Oh, and perform check if needed:
[roll0]

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:32 PM
((Now you're getting the idea :smallsmile:))

Perform: [roll0]

((Unfortunately, he has had a little more time to practice than you :smallwink:))

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:35 PM
You feel a little bit of resistance as you try to step forward, but as you RAWK OUT better than the old man, you manage to make it forward 5 feet.

Another spear sails out from the direction of the stage!
[roll0] [roll1]

Make a Spot check.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:37 PM
The Spear may hit me, but it does nothing :smallcool:
Spot:
[roll0]
Well, if he has my equipment, he's all out of spears... But I think I may have to take out the Techie first...

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:39 PM
The old man has been playing hard the whole time; there's no way he could've thrown the spears at you.

---
Your turn.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:41 PM
Jimmy makes his way as close to the way into the sound booth as possible

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:45 PM
You make it around the other side of the sound booth, and look in. There's an open trap door in the floor, and no sign of the man who was here before.

The man on stage continues to perform.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:49 PM
Jimmy moves to look down the trap door

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:53 PM
There's a short ladder that goes down about 5 feet to what looks like a crawlspace heading in the direction of the stage. There's dim track lighting on the walls that provides low level illumination.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:55 PM
Jimmy first picks up his nearby Shortspear that missed, then climbs the ladder down the Trapdoor, drawing his Morningstar for defence.

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 08:26 PM
The crawlspace is only five feet tall, so you'll have to stoop a bit once you step away from the ladder. It looks like it extends forward, in the direction of the stage, around fifty feet or so. Dim lights twinkle along the bases of the walls providing a low amount of illumination. It looks like you're the only person down here.

The music plays on.

Altaria87
2009-11-08, 04:16 AM
Jimmy will sneak down the passage
Hide[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
---
Were there any controls in the Sound booth, or just a trapdoor and walls?

brakisaurus
2009-11-08, 11:27 AM
You think you want to sneak down this passage, but you can't seem to move forward. The man on the stage breaks into a sweet solo.

---

There was nothing in the sound booth besides a comfortable leather chair. Most sound techs are illusionists, and just need a fancy seat to run the show.

Altaria87
2009-11-08, 12:24 PM
Right then, chorus time...
Jimmy raises his voice and the sound of his instrument so they can be heard even underground. And then breaks into the chorus...
So Far Away
We Wait For the Day
For the Lights are so Wasted and Gone
We feel the Pain of a Lifetime
Lost in a Thousand Days
Through the Fire and the Flames
We Carry On!
Perform [roll0]

brakisaurus
2009-11-08, 12:27 PM
Perform: [roll0]

brakisaurus
2009-11-08, 12:28 PM
The man on stage horribly flubs his bridge to the chorus.
You manage to make it 10' down the passage. There's still about 40' to go.

Altaria87
2009-11-08, 12:54 PM
(OOC) I'm going to presume I'm making it 5 feet for every 3 I beat him by...
---
Jimmy continues the song, going into the first of the main solos
Perform[roll0]