PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Build

Djibriel
2009-11-05, 10:25 AM
Yo,

I made a Kel Dor Scout who just turned level 2. I wasn't very familiar with the system, and I wanted a Scout who augmented his Scouting abilities with Force Sensitivity. Dex and Wis are both 18, but Strength is 7 and Con is just 10. I took Awareness for Talent and Skill Training: Acrobatics now.

I figured I'd make him ranged, but now it seems everybody's ranged, which is boring. In addition, I've found Force talent trees, which I didn't know existed. So I think I'll take the Force versions of Awareness and Improved Initiative next level and remove the normal Awareness. My focus, eventually, is to get into Force Adept (no Jedi training available) as a Weapon Finesse melee attacker.

Is this viable with 10 Con in an all-ranged party? They've all got PBS, so no problem there. But even though my Ref save feels pretty good, I'm afraid I'll be too frail to really do a good job. I have no experience in Saga; what do you think?

Djibriel
2009-11-09, 05:43 AM
I'd really appreciate any feedback you could give me, folks.

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-09, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't advise melee with a 7 Strength. Even with Weapon Finesse to aid your attack rolls, you're taking a penalty on damage.

Also, the question isn't if your party members have Point Blank Shot, but whether they have Precise Shot.

You also have to think about the fact that you'd be the only one going against the general party strategy. SWSE places a greater emphasis on ranged combat compared to D&D, and you don't really need a strong melee presence. At least in an all ranged party, you can try to keep your distance, and you have no fear of tossing a few grenades if things aren't going so well. So if your party approaches combat the same way as a modern military unit, hand-to-hand combat should remain at a minimum.

In fact, with those stats, I'd suggest going the other extreme and making a sniper. Of course, if you still want to melee, you could probably work it out, but you'd need someone who cares more about Star Wars than me to help you do it.

AstralFire
2009-11-09, 08:51 AM
Agreed with KH. I would focus on picking up a different ranged weapon type if you want to feel different. What ranged weapons do the others use as their primary source?

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-09, 09:51 AM
Well if Astral agrees with me, I must be doing something right! :smallbiggrin:

t_catt11
2009-11-09, 10:04 AM
Agreed with the above. IMO, unless you are a jedi (or soldier... and iffy even then), there's no good reason to go into melee.

EvenSeven
2009-11-09, 10:04 AM
Use a flamethrower. Reasonable damage, wide area of attack, and given its range it's the next best thing to melee. Also, nothing in all of ever wants to be on fire. There's like, no downsides*!!

*Downsides include sudden loss of eyebrows, beards and other associated facial hair. Requires feat investment to effectively use. May be outclassed by some heavy weapons. Please consult your GM before use.

DrGonzo
2009-11-09, 10:36 AM
*Downsides include sudden loss of eyebrows, beards and other associated facial hair. Requires feat investment to effectively use. May be outclassed by some heavy weapons. Please consult your GM before use.

I don't think Kel Dor have facial hair..

Flamethrower + Kel Dor = AWESOME