PDA

View Full Version : Hey, anyone know what's going on?

golentan
2009-11-05, 02:38 PM
So I tuned in to watch the daily show last night, and it was missing.

Quick experimentation showed that half of my cable channels were just gone. Blank. Nothing, nada. Channels 1-30 and 64+ work fine.

I've got a digital tv, with Comcast. I've installed the converter box they sent us too (because they insisted) months ago, no problems. I set the TV to autoprogram itself and seek out available channels. Nothing.

I went to sleep on the grounds it was probably a glitch. Nope. I searched comcast's help database. Nada. I'd call, but as I'm not the primary bill payer (out of town for the week) I don't know what to tell them.

I don't watch that much tv, but settling down with a drink and the daily show in the evening is the height of my day (my job involves a lot of news, and it's very therapeutic to get the mocking, light version of it after trudging through death tolls all day). If someone out there has advice I'd appreciate it.

Jack Squat
2009-11-05, 02:40 PM
Did you contact Comcast about it?

AstralFire
2009-11-05, 02:45 PM
We had the same problem last night with TNT. I don't watch TV myself, so I thought nothing of it.

Go ahead and call Comcast and pretend to be the primary bill payer. You should be able to answer all of their questions.

golentan
2009-11-05, 02:48 PM
Like I said, I checked their help database.

Since I'm not the primary bill payer for our tv, I don't know what is in the contract. I don't know what options are available. I don't want to accidentally commit my friend to paying for a checkup appointment or fix (they've tried some sneaky malarky with him before). I don't know how to describe what's going on better than "Some channels are missing."

AstralFire
2009-11-05, 02:50 PM
Like I said, I checked their help database.

Since I'm not the primary bill payer for our tv, I don't know what is in the contract. I don't know what options are available. I don't want to accidentally commit my friend to paying for a checkup appointment or fix (they've tried some sneaky malarky with him before). I don't know how to describe what's going on better than "Some channels are missing."

Yeah, but you can at least find out what's going on, and hold off on any service.