PDA

View Full Version : Bayonetta

Vic_Sage
2009-11-05, 03:35 PM
SO after playing the actual game for a bit *Friend imported the PS3 version* all I have to say is.........HOLY **** THIS IS AWESOME!

The bosses are the best I've seen in any action game of this kind

There is platforming, but it is scarcely used

The combo system is the most advanced I've seen in any game to date

You can cancel out of 90% of attacks with a dodge or a jump

You can shoot while dodging

You can 'store' combos in dodges, skipping the first weak animations and getting right to the beefy attacks towards the end, all while flipping around

Most combos require timing so mashing won't get you anywhere

You can shoot out of combos or extend them by holding down the attack button

You have two sets of weapons, each set has an arms weapon and a feet weapon

There are many bracelets you can buy from Rodin that drastically change how you approach combat

Enemies will f***ing rape you if you just spam the dodge trigger

You can turn into a f***ing panther/bird/a flock of bats

Depending on when you dodge, you can activate witch time (dodge right before the attack hits) or turn into a dozen or so bats and reform in witch time (you dodge as the attack hits you)

You can pick up an enemies weapon and use it until it breaks/runs out of ammo

There's a bracelet that lets you straight up block and parry, think royal guard from DMC3

let me describe the scene following a mid-game bossfight

There's an Angel Slayer mode which is basically Bloody Palace from DMC4, an endurance test that pits you against waves of enemies

All boss fights are god-tier

There are a dozen or so unlockable costumes after you beat the game, and at least two unlockable characters

There are 101 Umbran Tears of Blood to collect, half of which are gained by completing achievements and the other half are found on crows you have to catch across three difficulties

There are Umbran Tombs to find and open which hold a variety of items, a s***load of halos, a piece of heart or moon (4 pieces of heart gets you greater maximum health, 2 pieces of moon gets you greater maximum magic) an arcade bullet which gives you more shots in the Angel Attack! mini-game you are forced to play after every chapter (dont worry, it's short, painless, and kind of fun; you use points earned in the minigame to buy items or trade them in for halos), a piece of a weapon LP (you get new weapons by collecting large vinyl records and bring them to Rodin)

Pistols
Shotguns
Whip
Katana
Fire/Lightning Claws
Ice Skates
Rocket Launcher Tonfas
Laser Guns
Ebony and Ivory *Kamiya you fanboy you*
Lightsaber
(one more I'm not so sure about)

plus whatever enemies drop you can use yourself

You can pretty much mix match each weapon with another in the Arm and Leg slots giving you a f*** ton of play styles.

My favorite load outs to use:

Arms - Pistols, Legs - Pistols
Arms - Katana, Legs - Rocket Tonfas
Arms - Lightning Claws, Legs - Fire Claws

tl;dr this game has MASSIVE replay value

And f*** I forgot the awesome soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnyRAWRYrrU)

Ikialev
2009-11-05, 03:41 PM
It's really so good? I always thought about it as a clone of DMC, and trailers were a bit repulsive.

Then Famitsu gave it 40/40.

UglyPanda
2009-11-05, 03:50 PM
I could care less about this game. But the giant woman is freaking scary.

http://kotaku.com/5389781/is-bayonetta-a-giant

For those of you making the "high heels" argument, she takes up 8 heads by the time you get to her knees. She is a giant, a scary freaking giant.

Grey Paladin
2009-11-05, 05:21 PM
Awesome game. Worst visual design eva.

Vic_Sage
2009-11-05, 06:25 PM
It's really so good? I always thought about it as a clone of DMC, and trailers were a bit repulsive.

Then Famitsu gave it 40/40.
Theres a reason for that, it's made by the DMC3 team.