PDA

View Full Version : NarutoITP Episode 2: First day of Training!

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 06:30 PM
Himura walks out to training field one, it is a large green field with a large forest nearby. Within the forest a small stream can be found. This is where he would test their abilities, this is where they would learn to fight as a team.

Or at least Himura hoped so, they didn't seem to know or trust one another very much, or maybe it was that they didn't trust him? Who knows, either way he remained silent until his students arrived.

Rebonack
2009-11-05, 06:57 PM
And so they had best learn. Because a ninja without a team is like...

Umm...

Like a tricycle with just one wheel... or something?

But a unicycle works pretty well. Just need more balance an-

Okay, that was a bad analogy.

But regardless, a ninja needs to be able to function within the context of his team, otherwise he'll get stomped by better application of tactics. Because everyone knows that the inverse ninja law is just nonsense, right?

Anyway...

Katsurou is presently picking his way across the stream near the field, hopping from rock to rock. They're a bit wobbly, and fairly slippery to boot. But the genin figures that a little bit of balance training never hurt anyone. Y'know, except when said person fails at said balance training and falls on their head.

But Katsurou is pretty sure he can manage this just fine.

So long as no one leaps out of a tree and startles him.

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 07:06 PM
He will probably see Himura sitting down waiting for his students.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 07:12 PM
What if a Tree jumps out at him?

Matsu is sorely tempted to scare the bejesus out of Katsurou, but as his partner has been shown to have...particularly bad luck, he waits until the other genin gets all the way across the stream.

...then Matsu jumps out.

"RAR!"

Rebonack
2009-11-05, 07:19 PM
The reaction is pretty typical, really. Poor Katsurou has already been pegged as comic relief and it's a sad fate he probably isn't going to be escaping any time soon.

"Bwah!" the genin starts, leaping away from the sudden sound and movement, loosing his footing on a fallen log, and tumbling down an muddy embankment into the field none too far away.

He rolls to a stop about three meters away from Himura, covered in grime, twigs, leaves, and one annoying leech.

"G-good afternoon, sensei," he stammers rather pathetically.

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 07:23 PM
Himura chuckles a little before he turns serious.

Okay, your first bit of training will be your attempt to steal the bells on my belt.

He says pointing to them.

Your going to have to attack me with your full power to win.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 08:14 PM
Matsu looked at his teacher.

He frowned.

"What the hell kinda test is this?"

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 08:18 PM
Isn't it obvious? I'm going to see your combat skills...

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 08:29 PM
"If that's the case, just make a clone and have us fight it. Don't throw around stuff about jingly things if you just want to see how we fight..."

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 08:38 PM
Should I remind you who is in charge here?

Rebonack
2009-11-05, 08:48 PM
Katsurou hasn't gotten up off the ground yet.

Nope.

Still prone in the grass.

Why is that, you ask?

Well, while Matsu is busy being indignant Katsurou is busy making a window between the ground near his hand and his sensei's bell-bearing belt. There's a brief crinkle of light in the air before vanishing and then quick as a viper the genin thrusts his hand through the hole in nothing in a bid to yank the 'jingly thing' free.

Here's to hoping the Jounin doesn't notice!

Heh.

Yeah right.

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 08:51 PM
Katsurou will find that his hand is now caught.. :smalltongue:

Nice try kid.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 09:04 PM
Matsu leaps at Himura, vicious punch aimed right at his face.

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 09:07 PM
He ducks under the punch and uses some hand seals.

Katon: Ash Pile Burning!

He then shoots super heated ash out of his mouth towards the two of them.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 09:13 PM
Matsu just keeps going, right over his teacher's head.

"Isn't that a bit overkill; sensai?"

Landing on the far side of Himura, Matsu quickly spins around and goes for the Jonin's legs with a kick-sweep.

Rebonack
2009-11-05, 09:16 PM
Super heated-!

"Bwah!"

Katsurou's window wavers and warps for a moment, before opening much wider than it had been a few moments prior. Gravity, being the smarmy jerk that it is, decides to yank the genin through the portal.

Of course, his momentum is still conserved on the other side. Which means Himura has a little over one hundred pounds of student 'falling' on him at this point. Considering that Katsurou was already caught by the wrist it probably won't be hard to ground him.

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 09:18 PM
With a short twitch of his arm he will be sending the one attached to his wrist flying, once that is done he preforms another set of hand seals.

Katon: Fire Clone Jutsu.

Two clones along with Himura appear, they all run in different directions.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 09:24 PM
((how does he use the Grand Fireball jutsu without frying himself? Matsu is at his feet. For that matter, why the hell is a Jonin using techniques, especially fire release techniques, on Genin?! :smalleek: I think Kakashi used all of two in his bell test...and one was a self-only 'earthglide' one, the other being the false-decapitation one he used on Soskue...))

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 09:25 PM
( oh, right. :smalltongue:)

Rebonack
2009-11-05, 09:26 PM
Katsurou hits the ground in a roll, managing to actually come up on his feet rather than getting another mouthful of dirt. In a single fluid motion he yanks out one of his summoning scrolls, whipping the thing open and grabbing the crescent-yari that poofs into existence.

This is going to be tight...

A crinkle in space. A wrinkle in time...

The yari is thrust through the resulting window, popping out of thing air to catch Himura's belt mid-air and hopefully cleave it off while at the same time hooking the maimed garment on the spear.

Dorizzit
2009-11-05, 09:34 PM
Kai

Kai is late. This is rare for him. He is never late. However, today when he woke up the power had been cut to his living quarters, meaning he had slept through his alarm. He dressed quickly, ate a little, strapped his sword to his side, and dashed out the door. The training field was a long ways away, and he had to be on his best for training, so he couldn't waste chakra using Soaring Step to get there on time. He settles for a fast, loping run that eats ground quickly but doesn't use up to much energy. When he finally arrives, the training is already underway. He waits a distance from the battle, trying to figure out what's going on.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-05, 10:14 PM
"Get one of the three stupid bells off of his belt." Matsu yells up at Kai. He's quickly off after one of the clones Katsurou isn't messing with.

DoomITP
2009-11-05, 11:21 PM
All three clones run into the forest, and hide using a jonin's ninja skills.

Rebonack
2009-11-05, 11:37 PM
Considering that no mention was made of Katsurou's clever bell-lifting trick we'll assume that Himura split into clones and dodged the spear. Or something.

The genin quickly glances between the various maybe real ninjas running off, rather at a loss what to do.

"W-wait! Should we really split up and chase them all alone?"

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-06, 12:32 AM
Matsu shrugs. "He said he wanted us to fight...so why is he hiding? I don't get it."

The genin sighs, and sits down. "Your jonin are weird. At least in Suna they made sense...on the off chance one actually said something to you..."
((This would be an experience unique to Matsu. Kai (probably) had fairly normal interactions with them.))

Rebonack
2009-11-06, 12:45 AM
Katsurou scratches his head with his free hand, then shrugs apologetically. "I haven't ever been through training quite like this before. But I'm sure Himura-sensei has a good reason for it."

He nods in a very certain sort of way!

"Though... I'm not sure what to do now. I remember a little bit about tracking, but I don't know if that will be sufficient to find a jounin."

DoomITP
2009-11-06, 12:51 AM
A clone appears.

Your learning to track and create an ambush at the same time as occupy me enough to take the bells. Try and listen for the bells maybe.

The clone says before it is dismissed.

Dorizzit
2009-11-06, 06:16 AM
Kai

Kai walks over to Matsu.

"Most of the Jounin back home have little use for genin of any type, unless they are assigned to teach them."

He scans the forest.

"We need a plan. These unfocused, individual strikes aren't going to work."

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-06, 04:24 PM
After the clone said it's piece, Matsu slowly returned to his feet. "Either he's not very experienced, or else thinks pretty highly of himself..."

"Plan. Sounds great. I have no idea." *shrug*

Rebonack
2009-11-06, 09:00 PM
Katsurou opens his mouth to reply to the clone, only to have the thing poof away again before he even forms the first words. As the smoke clears the genin is found being rather irritated in the general vicinity it once occupied.

"That technique is even more annoying than replacement. Well... I guess we could try listening for the bells. But that sort of thing is really easy to replicate with genjutsu. Do either of you know any summons? Like wolf or dog or something? We need somewhere to start."

DoomITP
2009-11-08, 01:59 PM
Himura walks through the forest, the bells are making sounds as he walks.

Rebonack
2009-11-08, 04:00 PM
Katsurou frowns. This is going nowhere fast. Or...

Well, it's going somewhere.

Just not somewhere that's terribly constructive.

"Maybe... Maybe we could try following the sound and stay out of sight? Sneak up on sensei?" even as he suggests this particular plan the silliness of it is apparent. How on earth could they possibly surprise a jounin? He can probably hear them plotting form... from...

From who knows how far away!

But an idea for a plan is better than no plan at all.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-11-08, 09:49 PM
"Well...I suppose we may as well try. Who knows, he might give us a fighting chance..." Matsu shrugs, and gestures toward the forest. "After you."

Rebonack
2009-11-08, 10:39 PM
Katsurou nods before taking off into the trees, moving as swiftly and silently as he can manage. Thankfully he has focused quite a bit on stealth in his training. Rather important considering where his skills are focused.

So long as nothing decides to leap out and startle him he should be as quiet as an owl swooping in for the kill.

DoomITP
2009-11-08, 11:05 PM
Himura sits on one end of the forest with the bells on his belt.