PDA

View Full Version : Bardificer feats

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-05, 07:39 PM
Okay, so I'm making a gestalt character at level 1 (changeling bard//artificer) for another player, potentially going into sublime chord 1 and some other casting PrC later on, and I've never built either a bard OR an artificer before.

He basically wants to be the ultimate support character, making everyone else better (while making it obvious that he's pulling quite a lot of the load through aforesaid support).

He has the following stat array: 18 18 16 14 12 10, can take up to 2 flaws, and I have access to the Core 3, Eberron CS, PHB 2, DMG 2, the Completes, Dragon Magic, Races of the Dragon, the XPH, the Draconomicon, and Libris Mortis.

What feats would be most useful from 1 to 20? Especially at level 1.

[edit] Also, we have a positive energy evolved undead necropolitan kobold psion//factotum (me!), a human pouncing barbarian//martial rogue, and a human wizard//druid (maybe wizard; some arcane spellcasting class, anyway).

deuxhero
2009-11-05, 08:06 PM
This answers half your question.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5929.0

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-06, 10:13 PM
This answers half your question.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5929.0

Well, it doesn't say much on the bardic half, and how the two interact.

Also, the last guy is a beguiler//druid.

PinkysBrain
2009-11-06, 11:49 PM
Pity you don't have Races of Eberron, it has a bard spell which provides one action point per round.

How about playing a Necroficer? (Undead constructing artificer.) Play a Warforged Bard 5/Dirgesinger 5/Seeker of the Song 2/whatever//Artificer. As a warforged you can perform all day, every day which makes Song of Awakening from the Dirge Singer pretty nice (get lingering song so you can stop singing it without your NPC dropping dead instantly though, the other songs are pretty good too).

The DMG2 X Elemental Power weapon abilities are incredibly good for a higher level artificer.

As for buffing ... get some nice wands/staffs with buff spells, use metamagic item to put Chain Spell on them and go to town.

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-06, 11:52 PM
Pity you don't have Races of Eberron, it has a bard spell which provides one action point per round.

How about playing a Necroficer? (Undead constructing artificer.) Play a Warforged Bard 5/Dirgesinger 5/whatever//Artificer. As a warforged you can perform all day, every day which makes Song of Awakening from the Dirge Singer pretty nice (get lingering song so you can stop singing it without your NPC dropping dead instantly though, the other songs are pretty good too).

The DMG2 X Elemental Power weapon abilities are incredibly good for a higher level artificer.

He really wants a changeling, so that part's set in stone. I was considering taking a level of rogue with the ACF: trade trapfinding (since he gets that from artificer already) for Skill Mastery in Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sense Motive, and Gather Info...but that would put off getting into sublime chord even longer.

oxinabox
2009-11-07, 06:19 AM
How about some ToB?
I know it's not on your list, but Cusaiders are great support characters and have full bab,
(though that will make it abit to much of him doing fromline, i see that probhlem there)

Theres that savage bard varient that gets Bullstrenght as a lvl 1 spell.

how do the options of a marshal dip 2, (mintures hand book if you can get access to it) stack up in gestalt.
And/Or since you have PHB2 dragon shaman dip.
Not a good long term statergy, but i think it would be reat at low levals.