PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead

KerfuffleMach2
2009-11-05, 09:47 PM
So, I wanna know how many other people here play this. I just started playing this today, and it is freaking hilarious.

For those of you that don't know of it, it is based off of the movie series "Evil Dead". The way it plays is like a really loose game of D&D.

Your character is you, and it takes place in current times. Your armor is whatever you're currently wearing. You can have up to five skills of whatever you want. One kid in our group has Hacky Sack, Guitar Hero Shredding, Dancing, and Witty Banter.

You also get one Gift skill, which is an insanely awesome ability. I called mine "MacGyver Mode". Make anything out of anything. However, the gift has to have a big restriction, which is often chosen by the DM. Mine is that I have to use a shoelace, and I can only carry two at a time, on my shoes.

There's only a few basic rules, you pretty much only use a d6 for any checks, and the rest is up to the DM. The DM can even choose to not roll on a check and just say yes or no.

All in all, really fun. At one point, we were in a mall, being attacked by Deadites. I used my MacGyver mode to combine a motor from one the electric scooters in the mall, a shoelace, and a short sword I had taken from my car to make a whirling death blade. Worked pretty well. There was also a point where somebody made a taser out of a Game Boy. Fun.

Robert Blackletter
2009-11-06, 05:07 AM
I Actually played something similar. We did not do the awesome skill/gift and had to choose two bad skill skill as well as five good ones. We also had a kinda survivor feel to it as only one could survive till the end chosen randomly at the start. Of course we are not aware who is the survivor. I was not the survivor but somehow I:

Ended up with a zombie arm (minus hand) down my trousers while coming on to willow.
Use the said zombie arm to defeat a group of zombies to allow my friends to get away.
when a zombie rugby tackled me to the ground I ask what they were holding on to, I was told my trousers. I was wearing very baggy trousers at the time so they came off. The problem is I was going commando. My shirt quickly followed. so I face a zombie hoard naked.
Then it got weird
Great game, and as mine was set in the buffyverse, i got to say (and it became kinda a meme in my group)
Is Buffy there? I slap her ass.