PDA

View Full Version : magic based classes (3.5)

theinnerdevil
2009-11-06, 12:35 AM
i need to convert classes into somewhat them selves but with spell casting a lvl.1.

weather its limited or not i don't care i just need them to be somewhat balanced.

any and all help is appreciated.

theinnerdevil
2009-11-06, 12:40 AM
paladin rouge and ranger are the ones needed but others would be cool to

thanks

sdream
2009-11-06, 09:54 AM
I've been working off and on on a sort of simple solution - which I just updated significantly for you including rogue.

This is designed also to eliminate some of my annoyance with vancian casting, and to compensate a bit with how overpowered people say full casters are.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7100328

Basics:

- All casting classes work very similarly
- Cross classing is much easier (both in stats and spell lists)
- more spells per day, but fewer high level spells per day
- easier to change spells, but fewer available at any second
- metamagic is more flexible and powerful
- lots of simplification for familiars and companions

The majority of controlling spellcaster exploits is choosing what spells they are allowed to learn, making sure that they will work well with the party and your plotlines.

So make sure your players know that every spell they want to learn must be approved before it goes in their spellbook. Don't approve too many at once, and don't be afraid to change your mind later - after all they can change what spells they learn when a spell turns out to be less useful than they thought.

theinnerdevil
2009-11-06, 09:08 PM
thanks i'll take a look at that

Anonymouswizard
2009-11-07, 03:38 AM
I personly gave the paladin and ranger the bards casting and an extended spell list (into levels five and sixth). Im not sure about the rogue, I would be tempted to just make it a bard with no music abilities, but a few of the rogue ones.