PDA

View Full Version : D20 modren melee

Prax4788
2009-11-06, 02:41 AM
im in a d20 modern game

set far in future

all forms of magic are allowed

basically unearthed arcana is allowed and so is future Apocalypse

the only important thing ot note is were using the variant armor as damage reduction rules

so im wondering with all my players taking guns how do i keep up with melee

please help

SurlySeraph
2009-11-06, 02:54 AM
The book Future Tech adds a few weapon gadgets that improve melee's capabilities. The standout is the Electrified damage, which adds 4d6 electricity damage to every attack. Do note that Future Tech gives ranged fighters lots of nice stuff as well, and is not remotely balanced with core d20 Modern.

Powered armor, Large mecha, the Dreadnought advanced class, and Boost chemicals let you boost your strength up pretty damn high, and I'm pretty sure they stack with strength-enhancing spells.

Prax4788
2009-11-06, 03:10 AM
The book Future Tech adds a few weapon gadgets that improve melee's capabilities. The standout is the Electrified damage, which adds 4d6 electricity damage to every attack. Do note that Future Tech gives ranged fighters lots of nice stuff as well, and is not remotely balanced with core d20 Modern.

Powered armor, Large mecha, the Dreadnought advanced class, and Boost chemicals let you boost your strength up pretty damn high, and I'm pretty sure they stack with strength-enhancing spells.

all right sounds good so far but im mainly looking for a class build and feats

Prax4788
2009-11-06, 03:18 AM
Im also willing to use stealth to to get in close so they dont shoot me so a stealth melee or smash smash melee are both fine

SurlySeraph
2009-11-06, 03:23 AM
Take enough levels in Strong Hero to get Melee Smash 3. You might also take 3 levels in Tough (or one level and the Tough Plus feat) so you can qualify for Dreadnought. Levels in Tracer are a good choice for stealth, especially for the sneak attack damage and full BAB, but you'll likely need to take levels in Dedicated and/or Fast to qualify.
Good feats: Planetary Adaptation (High-G World), Heroic Surge, Power Attack.

Prax4788
2009-11-06, 03:57 AM
Sounds good using a katana i can get the same damage as a gun plus str

Prax4788
2009-11-06, 06:37 PM
exept for tracer is there anyway to get sneak attack

SurlySeraph
2009-11-06, 08:47 PM
None that I'm aware of.