PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight

factotum
2009-11-06, 03:06 AM
Nobody playing this? It's a pretty enjoyable Diablo clone which was apparently made by some of the same people who made the original, and it shows...first Diablo clone I've played where they really got the whole "This ought to be fun!" idea. Anyone else got an opinion?

The Evil Thing
2009-11-06, 07:45 AM
We're still looking forward to it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129351). :smallwink:

dsmiles
2009-11-06, 07:57 AM
2 questions...
1.) Where can I find it?
2.) And...is it compatible with windows 7? I'm having compatibility issues with Diablo 2 as it is.

The Evil Thing
2009-11-06, 08:17 AM
1) Pretty much anywhere. Steam, the game's site... (http://www.torchlightgame.com/)
2) Works fine for me. I'm using HP x64.

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-18, 08:07 AM
I just picked this up on steam last night, it is going to own my sould for sometime to come, I hi level 15 last night. They took the best of Diablo 1 and 2 and put it in one game. There is only 1 thing I do not like about this game so far and thats how you need the scrolls to ID magic stuff.

Also normal is REALLY easy, try starting on hard.

FinalJustice
2009-11-18, 10:31 AM
It's pretty enjoyable, but it got old really fast. However, for the price and the low requirements, It's an excelent purchase.

Btw, I endorse what has been said. Normal IS a cakewalk. Go Hard.

Asheram
2009-11-18, 06:01 PM
It's pretty enjoyable, but it got old really fast. However, for the price and the low requirements, It's an excelent purchase.

Btw, I endorse what has been said. Normal IS a cakewalk. Go Hard.

Quoted for truth. The story is really weak, the setting is... well... When you get to "Kurast" then it's all just silly. The quests are purely grind... All of the game is purely grind.
And there's no proper rewards from the quest, you'll get much better just by smashing barrels.

Bah! Humbug I say!
I'm glad I borrowed it and didn't waste money on it.

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-19, 09:10 AM
I like it a lot, because lets face it the first Diablo did not have the best in game story. I will say if you liked the first Diablo you should like this since they are very close since the same guys worked on both it feels a lot like Diablo 1 with Diablo 2 skills and gems.

I have been playing a Vanquisher and I have been having a lot of fun using dual pistols.

My build
Ranged Mastery 5
Crit Stikes 5
Explosive Shot 2
Armor Expertise 5
Dual Wield 8

I also like how you can give your pet spells to use.