PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Rampage II: Game starting

Pages : 1 [2]

Nehh
2009-12-08, 01:30 PM
I would be the most useless barricading. And I'm actually infected as well. What d'ya think?

Wizibirb
2009-12-08, 02:37 PM
I did not realize I had a hammer and nails. SO I will use that If someone will lend it to me.

Freshmeat
2009-12-08, 02:59 PM
I did not realize I had a hammer and nails. SO I will use that If someone will lend it to me.

You already have it.

I would be the most useless barricading.

So am I. But we've got a shortage of barricaders (too many high-agility, high-intelligence people around) so we have to make do with what we have.

And I'm actually infected as well. What d'ya think?

It's just a dormant infection. Nothing important.

This is how I see things at the moment, depending on who has claimed what so far (if anything):
{table]Player | Action | Modifier
Sanity | barricading | +5
Bishfish | barricading | +3
calar | barricading | +3
Freshmeat | barricading | +2
Orzel | healing | +6
Xykon Fan | getting healed (?)
CoT | scavenging
MoM | ? (probably scavenging) | +6
Nehh | ? / (being healed?)[/table]

Please confirm your actions so we can better figure out what to do here.
Regardless, due to Xykon Fan no longer being dead, and him getting healed rather than him barricading, the math from earlier changes quite a bit. We probably want to heal Bishfish as well, as he's malignant too. For the purposes of efficiency, I'd like to state that all physical injuries aren't worth healing at this point - only serious infections matter.

I see four options here:

1. We keep our barricade strength at 21, use the nailgun and hammer (+6) and assign our actions as follows:
calar | barricading | +3
CoT | barricading | +3
Freshmeat | barricading | +2
Nehh | barricading | +2
MoM | scavenging | +6
Orzel | healing | +6
Bishfish | getting healed
Xykon Fan | getting healed[/table]

In this scenario, up to seven people get a spot in the barricades, which will also be fairly strong. Furthermore, we probably won't need to worry much about XF's and BF's infections afterwards (although new people may get infected tonight). Calar and Nehh would probably be the best people to hide out in the maze, while the rest takes shelter in the barricades.
The only real drawback is is that we won't get to scavenge much today, since we need to put in the extra effort to compensate for three people being out of the action for today (namely Orzel, XF and Bishfish). I don't think the low amount of scavenging will be that big of a problem though.

2. We keep our barricade strength at 21, use the nailgun and hammer (+6) and assign our actions as follows:
Xykon Fan |barricading | +4
calar | barricading | +3
CoT | barricading | +3
Freshmeat | scavenging| +5
Nehh | scavenging| +4
MoM | scavenging | +6
Orzel | healing | +6
Bishfish | getting healed[/table]

Same as before, but we don't heal Xykon Fan. Although XF is malignant, there is a chance his condition won't get worse. He just needs to make a toughness check. With his toughness, he'll make it two times out three. It's a risk that seems worth taking into consideration, especially since it allows hims to barricade, and thus means we free up four strength's worth of barricading - enough for both Nehh and myself to scavenge for items so we can better our chances of surviving tomorrow. All the rest remains unchanged.

Only drawback here is, well, we don't end up fixing Xykon Fan and he may die. In addition, infection checks are made every 12 hours, so he'll need to make that check twice for him to survive so we can heal him tomorrow. It seems pretty much a given that we'll be healing people tomorrow, so if he makes it, he should be more or less in the clear, infection-wise.

3. We decide to keep the base barricade strength at 2, rather than 3. This may seem like a minor thing, but since it affects nearly all of us, as well as the massive zombie horde out there, it matters quite a bit. It -would- clear up a ton of our actions though.

(if we aim for a strength of 14 and use the nailgun/hammer)
calar | barricading | +3
Freshmeat | scavenging| +5
Nehh | scavenging| +4
CoT | scavenging| +6
MoM | scavenging | +6
Orzel | healing | +6
Bishfish | getting healed
Xykon Fan | getting healed[/table]

A variation: either Nehh or myself barricades as well so our barricade reaches strength 16. At this point we can make it size 8 and provide shelter for Nehh as well.

Another variation: we combine this with not healing Xykon Fan's infection to allow for even more scavenging. However, I would advise against this as not healing a main barricader and weakening the barricades sounds rather risky. In addition, we probably won't need quite as many construction items tomorrow, due to:
- there probably being fewer players tomorrow
- the fact that we can exclude 'scavenging' from our list of priorities tomorrow

4. We cut our losses/take a chance and heal no one. This ought to increase the survivability of the rest considerably as we won't need to jump through hoops to compensate for the infected. It's a pretty workable plan. Personally though, I find it too obvious, too unchallenging and thus no fun.

I'd prefer going with either 1 or 2, particularly 2 (if XF agrees). Let's go with '1' for the time being though. That way, we'll at least have a plan of sorts in effect in case we may face miscommunication (or potentially missed actions) while we discuss our options. It also seems to align best with the actions currently put up so far.

calar
2009-12-08, 03:20 PM
Quick thing. I would be perfectly fine with staying out of the barricade and Cutting the size to 7. My character is designed to hide outside, and hopefully less zombies will be roaming the streets with most everyone in the barricade.

Etcetera
2009-12-08, 03:23 PM
I agree with you on healing only serious infections. Also, the more people who hide, the safer the barricade is.

BishFish
2009-12-08, 03:48 PM
I only have a dormant infection, so don't heal me yet.

Orzel
2009-12-08, 06:32 PM
UPDATED: I'll take Sanity's Medkit and heal Bishfish's infection.

MasterofMockery
2009-12-09, 12:10 AM
Scavenge for Construction materials
Also JX is the barricade that banthesun built on night numero uno still up and functioning, because no zombies breached the thing, and we haven't heard from it since. or am I reading the barricade rules wrong. Actually what does happen when a barricade is destroyed or survived the night.

Nehh
2009-12-09, 01:21 AM
If we are only healing serious infections, then why heal mine? I mean, you can if you want to, but I think I can go without for another day. So long as the zombies don't break into the barricade too much, or find me hiding again...

Personally, I support plans 2 & 3. 2 is the best.

That way, I'm going to scavenge for construction materials until someone finds something better for me to do.

Etcetera
2009-12-09, 03:05 AM
Scavenge for Construction materials
Also JX is the barricade that banthesun built on night numero uno still up and functioning, because no zombies breached the thing, and we haven't heard from it since. or am I reading the barricade rules wrong. Actually what does happen when a barricade is destroyed or survived the night.

The barricade is automatically destroyed.

Jontom Xire
2009-12-09, 03:27 AM
Just to clarify some apparent misinformation:

1) XF has a "Spreading" infection, not a malignant one, and has a 1/3 chance of dying.

2) Infection increasing test is done once every 24 hours, not once every 12 hours.

3) The med-kit currently has 2 uses (according to my spreadsheet) and is being held by Sanity who will have to give it to Orzel for him to be able to use it.

Orzel
2009-12-09, 05:06 AM
So who should I heal.

It'm not healing Nehh since he's only dormant like me.

Only malignent and spreading non-barricaders.

Jontom Xire
2009-12-09, 05:33 AM
Ok, actions I have so far:

BishFish - Barricade
Calar - Barricade
Crown of Thorns - Scavenge (Construction)
Freshmeat - Barricade
MasterofMockery - Scavenge (Construction)
Nehh - Scavenge (Construction)
Orzel - Heal XF
Sanity702 - Barricade
Xykon_Fan - Barricade

Notes:

BishFish has a Malignant infection that might be worth healing.
Master of Mockery has the nail gun and no-one has said they want to use it.
Sanity has the medkit. Without it Orzel isn't healing anyone.
XF hasn't said he is going to rest and be healed.

So currently you all seem to be operating under the assumption that people will get healed this turn and that the nail gun will get used. Neither of these things is currently true.

BishFish
2009-12-09, 09:34 AM
ooo.. I guess I have a malignant infection. heal me then, so it doesn't get beyond that.

Xykon_Fan
2009-12-09, 03:13 PM
Ummm...I'll leave it to Freshmeat's decision. If Freshmeat wants, I'll barricade, if he'd rather I not, I'll be healed.

In the absence of a decision by freshmeat, I'll barricade. (Same as earlier)

I'll fix this later if he chimes in.

If I die, I do request that everyone state somewhere in the following day's post that it was "for the greater good."

It's worthy to note that I have a poison pill, and am thus fairly safe to let die.

Wizibirb
2009-12-09, 04:34 PM
I will give the med kit to whoever needs it.

Freshmeat
2009-12-09, 08:34 PM
Just to clarify some apparent misinformation:

1) XF has a "Spreading" infection, not a malignant one, and has a 1/3 chance of dying.

2) Infection increasing test is done once every 24 hours, not once every 12 hours.

In light of this, it's probably worth the risk of playing the numbers and letting XF barricade today. So 'option 2' seems best for now.

The barricaders so far are: XF (4), Sanity (5), calar (3) and myself (2). That means we're one point shy of reaching an unmodified strength of 15 [21 if the nailgun and hammer are used], so it might be best if CoT and I switched spots (I scavenge and he barricades instead so we can reach the magic number).

It seems that we only really need to do three things to finalize our actions, barring any last-minute change of plans or new ideas:
- MoM has to declare he's using the nailgun today
- Orzel should probably officially declare that he's taking Sanity's medkit and will be healing Bishfish
- CoT has to declare he's barricading today (assuming he agrees). To avoid changing actions needlessly, I'll keep by current barricade action up until he posts something here.

MasterofMockery
2009-12-09, 09:03 PM
Alright I give the nailgun to Sanity so he can use it

Etcetera
2009-12-10, 03:05 AM
Well, I'll barricade then.

Orzel
2009-12-10, 05:53 AM
UPDATED: I'll take Sanity's Medkit and heal Bishfish's infection.

this is my action

Jontom Xire
2009-12-10, 07:55 AM
Sanity can't use the nailgun as he's using the hammer and nails.

For the sake of sanity (mine) I'm assuming that MoM gives the nailgun to CoT instead and he's using it. Secondly that as CoT is barricading, Freshmeat is scavenging. Although your maths is wrong Freshmeat as H&N adds +2 and nailgun adds +5 so you only needed 14 in STR total to get to 21 total. You would have been better off the original way around.

And now 'll do the update.

Jontom Xire
2009-12-10, 08:06 AM
Day ends.

BishFish's malignant infection is partially cured and is now dormant. XF doesn't die.

Freshmeat and Master of Mockery each find a tube of No More Nails.
Nehh finds a nailgun cartridge.

Barricade strength is 8 with size 7.

I guess it will be even bigger and stronger tomorrow with 4 different things being used to bolster it's strength.

Night 4 starts here.

Etcetera
2009-12-10, 11:02 AM
Well, that went quite well. Nice find on the nailgun cartridge and the No More Nails. This is the first time I've actually felt we had a chance.

calar
2009-12-10, 01:23 PM
Alrighty then, being the sneakiest it looks like I will hide outside barricade and run if attacked.

Wizibirb
2009-12-10, 03:09 PM
Tod Kicks back his feet comfortably in the barricade. He turns to the people around him. Not bad, huh?
((hide in barricade. And attempting to get Rp back.))

BishFish
2009-12-10, 05:14 PM
will, feeling better, decides to go outside and Hide and Run.

Xykon_Fan
2009-12-10, 08:08 PM
Definitely hide inside barricade

Orzel
2009-12-10, 09:56 PM
Definitely hide inside barricade

What he said

Nehh
2009-12-11, 01:32 AM
Okay, I'll be all stealthy and hide and run.

Jontom Xire
2009-12-11, 03:35 AM
You guys are weird. You build a size 7 barricade and then only 3 of you decide not to use it leaving only 6 people to use it. If you had made a size 6 barricade it would have been 1 point stronger!

There's something weird going on with the formulas in Google spreadsheets. Yesterday I set the seed for all the random numbers, did a close and save and a re-open to make sure all values were refreshed, and you guys rolled a 5 for barricade. This morning when I open it, without having changed the seed, it's only a roll of 2. However I will count the roll of 5 since that's what it was when I did turn end.

The scavenge results changed too.

I think next time I will stick to an Excel spreadsheet, even if it means I can't share it around.

Just to remind you on items held since some of you don't seem to know what you have:

BishFish: Blowtorch (1 use)
Calar: Sniper rifle ammo (2)
Crown of Thorns: Nailgun (no nails)
Freshmeat: No More Nails, Satchel
Master of Mockery: No More Nails
Nehh: Air rifle, Nailgun cartridge, First aid kit
Orzel: Med-kit (1 use)
Sanity702: Blowtorch (1 use), Paracetomol (2 uses), Uzi ammo (2) Hammer and nails (2 uses), Beretta ammo
Xykon_Fan: Poison pill

Nehh is hiding and is holding some good items. Nehh, do you want to snipe with that air rifle. You could cover one of the other hiders if you like.

Also, just to give you an idea, there are only 13 zombies capable of breaking into the barricade tonight, and all but 1 need a 6 to do so. That one needs a 5 or higher.

Etcetera
2009-12-11, 10:51 AM
Nehh, can I have the nailgun cartridge? Either one without the other is useless, but you are more likely to die (I think). Also, lets give a blowtorch to Xykon Fan as he has a decent strength.

calar
2009-12-11, 10:59 AM
BigFish and Nehh, go ahead and hide inside the barricade as discussed, I have the highest stealth score so I'm the most likely to survive outside, thus giving up my spot. A strength of 8 for the barricade should be more than sufficient to keep everyone safe.

BishFish
2009-12-11, 05:25 PM
OK
hiding in the barricade

Freshmeat
2009-12-11, 06:15 PM
nailgun adds +5 so you only needed 14 in STR total to get to 21 total.

Grah. Of course!

BigFish and Nehh, go ahead and hide inside the barricade as discussed, I have the highest stealth score so I'm the most likely to survive outside, thus giving up my spot. A strength of 8 for the barricade should be more than sufficient to keep everyone safe.

Indeed. Still, keep in mind that while our barricade strength is 8 (pretty good), its size is 7. Since there are 9 survivors left, that means not one but two people need to hide outside. Not that I expect that to be a real problem, mind you.

I'll hide in the barricade tonight.

I would suggest that whoever has the nailgun give it to whoever has the cartridge (or vice versa). Come tomorrow, we'll need to use them together anyway, and if we lose one, we can't use the other. Best to save us some time/reduce any risks and put the cartridge and nailgun together right away.

Nehh
2009-12-12, 02:55 AM
Okay. Hide In Barricade.

Let's ask another question: Who is, probability-wise, the MOST likely to survive tonight? Let's use those people as storehouses for most of the better items. They can give them back tomorrow.

Also, calar, do you want to snipe the barricade with the air rifle? I could give it to you if you wants. Just, you have better AGI.

Etcetera
2009-12-12, 05:31 AM
Nehh, Can I have the nailgun cartridge?

Nehh
2009-12-13, 05:06 AM
Kay. CoT gets the nailgun cartridge.

MasterofMockery
2009-12-13, 09:13 PM
Hide in the barricade

Jontom Xire
2009-12-14, 03:52 AM
CoT, you haven't actually, despite several posts, stated your night action.

Also the barricade is now full. If CoT is to fit in the barricade someone else, preferably someone with better AGL and Stealth, needs to hide on the streets tonight.

You have until midday my time, which is very generous given that you all already had the whole weekend to organise yourselves.

Jontom Xire
2009-12-14, 08:13 AM
Night 4 ends:

Seamus Finch, despite being the best at hiding, decides that tonight he'll join the others in the barricade where it's nice and safe. Norman, bravely deciding to hide on the streets so that others may benefit from the barricade, finds a comfortable hiding place and enjoys an uninterrupted night.

Meanwhile, Marcus Fortesque is trying to figure out how to reload the nailgun by the light of a streetlamp when a shadow falls over him. He looks up to see a ring of zombies surrounding him. The fight is soon over and another zombie joins the ranks of the undead.

Meanwhile, of all the horde of zombies surrounding the barricade, only one manages to break through. He takes a wild swipe at Dr White, but misses, before being pushed back out.

Crown of Thorns didn't actually post a night action. There wasn't any room in the barricade for him anyway. He got killed by zombies and became one.
Orzel was attacked by a single zombie that broke into the barricade and although not injured, received one level of infection. He now has a malignant infection.

Day 5 starts:

Etcetera
2009-12-14, 12:58 PM
Well, that was fun. As much as becoming a zombie is (mostly) due to my forgetfulness, I would like to point out for the second time that giving me till noon for something is pointless, as I am at school.

BishFish
2009-12-14, 06:23 PM
we'll need to get killing zombies soon, so search for ranged weapon. could use a lot of help.

Freshmeat
2009-12-14, 07:08 PM
I'll barricade today, using the No More Nails.

A quick heads-up people:

Also, as a result of tonight's actions, I am going to say that as 3 of a nominal 15 players died, you therefore can be expected to survive 5 nights - with good strategy and a bit of luck. Therefore there will be 4 more day/night full turns and then the game will be over.

Let's see if any of you survive!

Day 2 of 5 starts now.

Day 5 starts:

This is the last day. Since you get scavenging items at the end of the day, you won't be able to use anything tomorrow, and weapons aren't really worth it since we only need to survive one more night.

In other words: unless your infection is grave enough that it needs immediate medical attention, there's no reason not to build a barricade today. By the same token, we might as well use all of our remaining consumable construction items too (that is to say: MoM's 'no more nails', my 'no more nails' and Sanity's 'hammer & nails').

MasterofMockery
2009-12-14, 07:35 PM
I'll barricade today, using the No More Nails.

A quick heads-up people:

This is the last day. Since you get scavenging items at the end of the day, you won't be able to use anything tomorrow, and weapons aren't really worth it since we only need to survive one more night.

In other words: unless your infection is grave enough that it needs immediate medical attention, there's no reason not to build a barricade today. By the same token, we might as well use all of our remaining consumable construction items too (that is to say: MoM's 'no more nails', my 'no more nails' and Sanity's 'hammer & nails').

Agreed I'll barricade with my tube of 'No more nails' and we also get another use of the nailgun as well

Xykon_Fan
2009-12-14, 09:04 PM
Barricade

I may need to be healed though. Let me know if we'll have enough for the barricade, and I can always heal instead.

calar
2009-12-14, 11:00 PM
Barricade. As for Fish's comment on killing zombies, Im kinda banking more on survival via time limit than by killing zombies.

Nehh
2009-12-15, 12:54 AM
Okay, barricade it is then.

Orzel
2009-12-15, 03:14 AM
barricade , hopefully I don't zombifiy at injured/malignent

Jontom Xire
2009-12-15, 04:28 AM
Well, that was fun. As much as becoming a zombie is (mostly) due to my forgetfulness, I would like to point out for the second time that giving me till noon for something is pointless, as I am at school.

You did have a whole 3 days. I usually only allow 2 per phase, but it was the weekend. Also I don't know what time zone you are in, let alone what you are doing at any given time of day. I didn't expect you to get on and update, my reminder was more of a hopeful gesture in case, by some miracle, you did get online.

Agreed I'll barricade with my tube of 'No more nails' and we also get another use of the nailgun as well

You wish! CoT was holding that. It's gone now.

:smallbiggrin:

Etcetera
2009-12-15, 10:58 AM
I'm in the same time zone as you...
Ah well, there's always next time. Now to hunt down and kill Seamus Finch.

BishFish
2009-12-15, 03:32 PM
Barricade then. forgot about the army.

calar
2009-12-15, 08:08 PM
I'm in the same time zone as you...
Ah well, there's always next time. Now to hunt down and kill Seamus Finch.
Oh now that doesn't sound good. :smalleek: Just to be sure, you aren't a super-zombie right?

Wizibirb
2009-12-15, 08:20 PM
Barricade for the win using what ever construction items I can

Etcetera
2009-12-16, 02:36 AM
Oh now that doesn't sound good. :smalleek: Just to be sure, you aren't a super-zombie right?

Well, I was almost torn to pieces, so I would assume not.

Jontom Xire
2009-12-16, 08:15 AM
End of Day 5.

I'm assuming a barricade size of 8, right? Only if you add the strength of everyone and the construction item bonuses, it comes to 29, so 5 STR worth of people could have been doing something else.

Anyway, everyone barricades and the barricade strength is 6, size is 8. Good, but not impenetrable.

As dusk grows closer, Oog starts moaning. Suddenly he starts twiching and then starts having a fit. Fumbling desperately in his pocket he puts something in his mouth and as his body arches in pain, dies.

Xykon Fan's infection got to zombification level. He used the poison pill to die cleanly.

Can I have zombie night actions by PM please. Can I have all player night actions as well please, but as there is an obviously large enough barricade I will assume you are all hiding in it if I don't get any actions. If that is the obvious consensus then I may end the night phase early.

Night 5 starts.

Etcetera
2009-12-16, 10:52 AM
Kill Seamus. Failing that, attack the barricade. I'm not very optimistic about my chances though.

calar
2009-12-16, 12:53 PM
For clarification, the barricade strength 6 is the final strength with the d6 added in right?

Etcetera
2009-12-16, 01:09 PM
Yes, it is.

calar
2009-12-17, 05:01 PM
Wow, I think my chances are actually quite improved in risking fighting CoT and hiding outside and running if found.

Wizibirb
2009-12-17, 05:48 PM
Tod the tank will sit nice and secure in his barricade

Freshmeat
2009-12-17, 05:56 PM
I'll seek shelter inside the barricade.

Nehh
2009-12-18, 06:53 AM
Hide in the Barricade.

BishFish
2009-12-18, 03:57 PM
inside the barricade please

Orzel
2009-12-18, 06:28 PM
Hide in the Barricade

TehSheen
2009-12-19, 08:04 PM
Brains brains brains brains brains. (Attack the barricade)

Jontom Xire
2009-12-21, 05:14 AM
Sorry for the late update, guys. I meant to do it on Friday but didn't get round to it in the end.

---

Seamus Finch looked round the barricade. It was roomy, too roomy really, and that made it weak. He fancied his chances on the streets better, so he took off and found himself a nice safe hiding place. And safe it proved. His sleep was undisturbed. Not a single zombie bothered him, but then most of the zombies were all down at the barricade where the smell of fresh meat was strongest...

The barricade wasn't as strong as it could have been, but it was strong enough to hold off the horde of zombies that assailed it that night. Until the narrator realised his mistake and that the barricade had suddenly gained a couple of points of strength. A quick tweak of the spreadsheet and the chinks suddenly showed. The zombies were quick to take advantage.

Tod was attacked by one zombie, but fought it off easily. Dr White was not so lucky. The flimsy panel he was standing by burst and no fewer than three zombies reached in. With their combined strength they dragged him outside where his screams ended mercifully quickly. Earl Sinclair was also attacked by a couple of zombies, but after receiving some terrible looking injuries, managed to wedge firm the planks that had come loose.

Orzel died.
Master of Mockery is now injured. He may have an infection but I can't be bothered to work it out.

As the light of a new day dawned the survivors emerged from the barricade to find no zombies and a surprised looking Seamus.

"They've gone. Completely gone. I haven't seen any all morning."

"Of course". The voice from the concealed voicebox makes you all jump in surprise. "We have concluded our research. The experiment is over. And you few lucky ones have survived. Congratulations. We'll be sure to be in touch if we wish to conduct any further experiments....Mwahahahahahahaha-*click*"

Of the original 15, only 6 of you are left, and count yourselves lucky at that.

Game is over and just in time as I am away on holiday now. The winners were:

BishFish
Calar
Freshmeat
Master of Mockery
Nehh
Sanity702

When I get back I will look into running another game with some modifications to the rules that Freshmeat and I came up with. I will need a co-narrator, preferably in the same time zone, and also preferably relatively familiar with Excel. It would be even nicer if I could find two people who could run the game so I can actually play this time :)

Etcetera
2009-12-21, 05:28 AM
Good game.
What have we all learnt from this?
Barricade!
Specifically, at the start of the game not everyone has to look for weapons and hide at night like I did.

BishFish
2009-12-21, 08:02 AM
Ah, that was fun. I'll be sure to look out for the next one.

Wizibirb
2009-12-21, 01:24 PM
I ACTUALLY SURVIVED!

*does happy dance*

Nehh
2009-12-22, 04:30 AM
Do we get a trophy?
Or do I have to make one myself?

Wizibirb
2009-12-22, 04:56 AM
You make one and then share it with us :smallbiggrin:

Orzel
2009-12-22, 06:40 AM
I dies. really (end sarcasm)
Them zombies always attacked me. Maybe they like big doctor brains.

Freshmeat
2009-12-22, 08:06 AM
I enjoyed that one quite a bit. Looking forward to the next zombie game.

calar
2009-12-22, 02:36 PM
Woot! Heres to a ridiculously high hide check.