PDA

View Full Version : Eberron campaign journal 4e

Requiem Star
2009-11-06, 01:37 PM
Something I've noticed is one or two people posting what's happening in their DnD games. This intrigues me, and so I thought I'd follow suit. Hopefully it interests people. We started a new Ebberron campaign a month back. Two of us were big fans of the setting.

The players

Me: Jenny. Hi. ::waves:: What to say? I'm 27 and a science teacher and gay. That's about it.

Tom: The DM. He's been DMing forever. I mean it. He's got the old Chainmail packets. He talks about barbarians getting XP off breaking magic items. He can calculate THAC0 instantly. He has almost every feat and class ability memorized. And even though he's sixty he still loves new systems.

Alice: my SO. Elementary school teacher, beautiful, kind, wonderful... yeah. I'm biased. She's also a newb to gaming but giving it a shot.

Bobbert. Don't ask. (His real name is Robert. Goes by Bob. ::Shrug:: ) He's Tom's grandson and 19. Not sure much more about him. He's played some.

Wendy: A coworker at Alice's school. She's a secretary. 22 ish. Real funny. Also a newbie. Not sure how serious she's going to be.

Jacob: I'm not sure where we got Jacob from. I think he's a friend of Bobbert's. He's 20. Goes to college. Really good artist. I'm going to nag him to do a picture for everyone. ^.^

Paul: I don't like. He thinks he's funny and he's not. 19 ish. He also smokes. Really annoying...

We're playing in Tom's lair... aka basement turned into a gaming room. Has stereo, minibar, and it's own bathroom. Did I mention how awesome Tom is?

Our characters

Lacunae. My Star pact Warlock. She doesn't know much. In fact her entire memory before the mourning has been stripped away. She woke up buried under Metrol in the company of a lich and has been spending the last four years under his tutelage. She's an albino and stepped straight out of an anime: big eyes, small mouth, you get the picture. She also has an aberrant dragonmark. How she got the mark and how she survived the mourning is unknown. She regards intelligent undead as people and is quite friendly with them. Think "creepy magic girl".

Sargent Brassbottom: Dwarven warlord. To say he fought in the great war is an understatement. He fought for every kingdom at least twice, bilked every country for everything it was worth, worked the black market and lost every gold coin drinking and wenching. He weeps when he talks about the good old times. Think 'magnificent bastard' in spades. He also has way too many rogue skills for my liking.

Millicent Silverstar: The last name is a hint. Yes, our cleric is a cleric of the silver flame, fresh from Thrane. Fortunately she's a nice cleric of the silver flame. Very charismatic but shy as well. Very naive. She's very much for staying back and supporting with silver fire than standing in the front lines. Both Lacunae and she has 8 Strength.

Siegfried the Great: Yes, he gave himself the name. He's a human "Urban barbarian" from Karnath. Grew up fighting in pit arenas and the like. He was a conscript in the last war but was less than an obedient soldier. He likes fighting and he ESPECIALLY likes fighting when there are women watching. Evidently Lacunae doesn't count given that she doesn't have boobs.

Wall: Warforged fighter. From Breland and Sharn, apparently. Doesn't talk much. Doesn't go for personality much. Doesn't like any of us much.

Marcellia: Eladrin wisard from Aundair. She's smart. Smarter than all of us. she knows it too. Because she's smart she has the right to act however she wants because we're all stupid. She seems to owe someone a lot of money though...

Yeah. I noticed that too. There's one person from each of the five kingdoms. I dunno if Tom arranged that or if its coincidence.... Oh! He also calls us the sweedish bikini adventuring party. All of us except wall have charismas of 14 or higher and 2 have charismas of 18.

Setting:

We're starting off in Thronehold. While Castle Galifar is a fine and upstanding place the docks are a mixed meeting place where all kinds of trouble is lurking about. We start off at the Sea Witch's Grin, one of the more seedier inns imaginable.

kk, will post the first two gaming sessions tomorrow.