PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] SC Spell Sheets

Grushvak
2009-11-06, 03:29 PM
Simple request: I am looking for a good cleric spell sheet that incorporates the Spell Compendium spell list. Sheets with short description of spells' effects are preferred.

I know of Spellgen, but I don't know how to get it to generate printable spell sheets.

Thank you for your time.

Eloel
2009-11-06, 03:42 PM
That would be illegal, fyi, unless I'm missing the point.

Fax Celestis
2009-11-06, 03:43 PM
Generate an XML output from SpellGen, then open the outputted XML in Firefox. Push Print.

Grushvak
2009-11-06, 03:44 PM
That would be illegal, fyi, unless I'm missing the point.

How so? I had no idea reference sheets were illegal, honestly. Is there any legal alternative that could work just as well?

EDIT: Good advice Fax. I had no idea you could do that. I'll give it a go and come back here if I run into any trouble.

drengnikrafe
2009-11-06, 03:48 PM
How so?

The things that WotC wanted on the internet for free are on the internet and easily accessable. Open Gaming Content, or some name like that. The things they do not (Spell Compendium is one such book) are not. Therefore, by accessing information like that on the computer is against the law.

Grushvak
2009-11-06, 03:51 PM
Just my luck. The scroll bar in Spellgen doesn't work, and I can't select Spell Compendium as a reference even when I stretch the window.

*sigh* It can't ever be easy, can it?

EDIT: Damn I'm dumb, there's a spell list tab that does exactly what I wanted. Actually, it does not. The import spell list feature doesn't let me select cleric only spells, or specify spell levels for that matter.

Man, this is going to give me quite the headache.

drengnikrafe
2009-11-06, 03:54 PM
You could probably do the whole thing yourself. By hand.

Yes, it's a lot of work. But, in the long run, it may well be worth it. If it's not... well, then you can certainly live without it, eh?

Grushvak
2009-11-06, 04:17 PM
Ok, turns out I hadn't played around enough in Spellgen. It's a wonderful tool, and I feel silly for not using it more. I have my spellbook at hand, which I'll probably keep on my laptop since it'd be too much wasted paper to print it.

Sorry for making a thread asking for illegal content. A mod can delete this now, otherwise, just let it sink in forum oblivion.

Riffington
2009-11-06, 04:22 PM
Information is not copyrightable. Organization is.
You can post every bit of information about every spell in the spell compendium. You just can't copy WotC's words when you do it.

Bayar
2009-11-06, 04:51 PM
The things that WotC wanted on the internet for free are on the internet and easily accessable. Open Gaming Content, or some name like that. The things they do not (Spell Compendium is one such book) are not. Therefore, by accessing information like that on the computer is against the law.

Unless you managed to buy the PDF books before they stopped the service.