PDA

View Full Version : New Dark East Coast Guardian Corps of America Innernational

UglyPanda
2009-11-06, 05:15 PM
It's been a full year since the last time we saw the East Coast Guardians. Why? Editorial Mandate!

Our heroes have been traveling over the world, in some cases training, and in some cases having fun. Some have gained new powers and others have lost them, but somehow they have all become stronger and more vigilant in the fight against evil.

Along the way, our heroes have acquired new comrades in fighting the forces of evil (This might start to become a drinking game). Today, the team is welcoming them in the finally-finished Stillwater Building.

May 1, 2010

The skyscraper that forms The East Coast Guardian Corps of America Innernational's base is full of commotion. The group is holding a housewarming party and every Superhero who's anybody is invited (Well, at least the ones who were close-by).

The party being held in the fifteenth floor of the building, somewhere in the middle overall. It's decorated and catered as if it were a wine and cheese event, but the rowdier heroes have already started wrecking the decorations. Small crowds have formed around the heroes Heavy Hitter (A former professional baseball player) and General Victory (A former president), with Heavy Hitter's crowd much larger.

Charlie the Chupacabra, your new leader, is walking around and making sure everyone is having a good time. He is wringing his hands nervously and keeps giving people glasses of punch for no good reason.

Big-Emperor, a Japanese Expatriate, is critiquing the people at the karaoke machine while refusing to sing himself. Another hero has managed to sneak a beer keg inside and is doing a kegstand by floating upside-down. An older man with a flame-patterned cane is regaling several teenage heroes with stories from the seventies.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-06, 06:20 PM
Gravatar wanders the party, making frequent trips to the tables for second, thirds and eventually sevenths. Her little encounter with Sugar Daddy had thrown her appetite way out of whack, and now it seemed like she was snacking constantly. She looks around to see if any of the other original members had joined the party.

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-06, 06:43 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7977/huntsmanicon.jpg* (http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2074/huntsman.jpg) The Huntsman

Doctor Rudy Brandt, more commonly known as the bow-wielding superhero The Huntsman, held an untouched glass of punch and wondered for the fifteenth time what he was doing there. He'd arrived via zipline from an adjacent building, almost at once completely upstaged by the arrival of one or more flying or teleporting metahumans. It was a rather large reminder that he was a child playing in the deep end. In a room filled with shapechangers and super-strongmen, the Huntsman's only abilities consisted of a bright mind and a capacity for olympic level gymnastics and archery. All of his so-called "powers" were either in the quiver on his back, or built into his costume. Without them, Rudy was completely and inescapably human. It was a wonder he even merited an invitation.

Thankful for once for the mask that covered his face, Rudy let out a sigh. He shouldn't have even come. He was needed on the streets far below, taking out small-time muggers and bank robbers. If some huge monster came from under the sea to threaten the city, the great and powerful Huntsman would probably just heroically wet himself. He gave a rueful chuckle and set his punch on the tray of a passing server.

At least he got to see General Victory sing Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"...

Dhavaer
2009-11-06, 07:38 PM
Magistrix lounges a few feet off the ground, listening to a hero in a singularly unstylish blue and purple costume relate a story of temporal difficulties and instability, while trying to remember his name, or even if she'd actually been told it or not. She'd arrived some time earlier in the evening from an island somewhere in the Pacific - Hawaii maybe, or Tahiti? - with a barrel full of fresh pineapple juice and brandy. It made for a great drink, but the juice was so powerful it obliterated any trace of the alcohol except intoxication.
Holding her hand out in front of her, she realised she couldn't read the symbols on her gloves, and gently put down her glass, taking a few tries to do so. Slurring out an excuse, she unsteadily gets to her feet and totters off to look for a glass of water.

smuchmuch
2009-11-06, 10:31 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/kpenguin222/Avatars/Green-Hound.gif Green Hound

It's a constant, in every party there are people who make spectacle of themselves, those who watch bemused, trying to remeber what the hell they are doing here, and there's alway one quiet guy on the side who doesn't mingle with everybody seems so ininterested that you've got to wonder why he's staying. Here at the newly completed NHDECGCoA's (try saying it, it's' a mouthfull) HQ, Green Hound is filling that last role.

Being (more or less) part of the team, it was almost impossible not to come, but is relation with the Guardians have alway been purely professional and he doesn't see anything that would warrant an interuption of his work for now.
Sitted in a chair voluntary situed afar from the crowd, GH is absorbed in the reading of somme files, only interupting his reading to scriblle in a small notepad or lift slightly the visor of his helmet to drink from a bottle of beer posed near him.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-06, 11:20 PM
Gravatar sees her old friend and goes over waving.

"Green Hound! Hi!"

smuchmuch
2009-11-07, 10:36 AM
"Salam Aleikhom Gravatar. A pleasure to see you."
answers Gh as he lift his head from behind the documents he was reading to take a look the massive woman who is suddenly blocking the light.

Despite the interuption, GH is actualy glad to talk to college girl, the isn't going anywhere with those reports -he has read most of them countless time already, to no end. Nothing that could stand in court against the Hunters and their so particular brand of "justice"- and there is something between in Gravatar that make her compagny agreable.

Throwing the stack the papers he is holding into a nearby sportbag, GH stand up and stretch before taking a good look at the party around then focussing on his interlocutor. "You look thiner." Behind the dark visor, he smiles, alway amused to know he's talking with one of the only women on this hemisphere that wouldn't take that as compliment, "Ran into trouble lately ?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-07, 04:56 PM
The hero doing the kegstand returns to an upright position and tries to help Magistrix out. "Hey, do you need to vomit out the alcohol or something? A hangover really does a number on your chakras and stuff like that."

Charlie the Chupacabra tries to hand Huntsman another glass of punch. "So, umm... Huntsman, how do you feel about being on the team? I really look forward to working with you and umm... have fun." he says in a rather rehearsed fashion.

Dhavaer
2009-11-07, 07:03 PM
"Hmm?" Magistrix totters, and steadies herself against a chair. "No, no, everything in my stomach is staying there. I just need to dilute it with some water. Any idea where the kitchen is? Or the bathroom, anywhere with a tap."

UglyPanda
2009-11-07, 07:27 PM
"The kitchen is..." she stops talking as she looks around and starts spinning somewhat. She goes back to floating upside down and points to the kitchen with her foot.

"That-away! I don't think water is going to help with the drunkeness, it's already gone to your thinking-meat."

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-07, 08:00 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7977/huntsmanicon.jpg* (http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2074/huntsman.jpg) The Huntsman

"I'd like to help out however I can, though to be honest I sort of feel a little out of my league here." he smiled under his mask as he took the punch. He kept the plastic cup between his gloved hands more out of a desire not to offend Charlie than anything else. El Chupacabra looked like he couldn't take any more disappointment. "I'm alright with human opponents, but when it comes to Vox invasions, giant monsters, and the like I think I won't be much more help to you than staying in a lab with your local mad scientist and helping you build weapons or defenses." he admitted. "Though I guess I shouldn't sell myself short on that point. You always need another mad scientist, eh? And just think, I haven't blown up or mutated any of my assistants or test subjects to date!" he joked.

Dhavaer
2009-11-07, 08:31 PM
"Thanks." Magistrix tottered through the air towards the kitchen, gaining altitude as she went so as not to run into anyone. Then she hit her head and dropped some altitude so as not to run into the ceiling. Ugh. Just let me get a glass of water and somewhere nice and quiet for a purging cant and I'll never drink again. Or not for the rest of the night, anyway.

kpenguin
2009-11-07, 08:49 PM
Mike Tanner, Captain Unstoppable, enters the room.

He's out of costume. He hadn't really bothered with wearing it outside of engagements ever since his identity was blown by Unstoppable Prime. Instad, he wears an elegant suit that is slightly too small for him. A dark blue U-shaped pin adorns his lapel.

Accompanying him is his wife, Doctor Cheryl Tanner, who is clearly a bit uncomfortable at the party. She'd always been a bit of a fish out of water outside of her academic arena and being surrounded by superheroes only served to exacerbate the problem.

Mike smiles warmly down at her. She smiles nervously up at him.

Spotting his old comrades, the good Captain leads Cheryl over to them. He smiles broadly as he approaches.

"Hound. Gravatar. Good to see you both. I don't believe you've met my wife, Cheryl.

Cheryl, these are Gravatar and the Green Hound, a couple of my colleagues."

Cheryl nods shyly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you."

smuchmuch
2009-11-07, 09:45 PM
"Charmed, madam. The pleasure is all mine."

GH turns to the captain and nods "Unstopable".
Of all the remaining members of the old "new team", the captain was probably the one whose GH has felt the most distant. Too loud, too direct. and he had a family.

The life is a superhero is a dangerous one to say the least and the end, when met , is often short and brutal. The fact that somme people decide to found a family anyway, depite the risk of exposing loved one to frequent kidnaping and death threat, or worst, simply the fact of living on alone whith you conjopint six feet under, alway flabergasted GH.
On the other hand, between the public reveal and the kidnaping of his son, the guy got it really hard lately so Gh tries to sound as sympathetic as possible.

"I heard what happened" he doesn't feel the need to say more about it, everyone here knows what he's talking about "Wish I could have been off somme help."

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-08, 02:05 AM
Gravatar shakes Unstoppable's and Cheryl's hands warmly.

"Good to see you both. Here's hoping we don't have any incidents like that one in the warehouse, eh Cap?"

She chuckled. Her getting the team arrested was still a source of embarassment for her, but now she used it as an amusing distraction, especially when people asked her about her capture by Sugar Daddy. The only other person in the room who knew the full details was Charlie, and she'd made him swear never to tell.

JeminiZero
2009-11-08, 02:53 AM
Doc Atom

The message was short and vague: "Due to personal reasons I will not be attending the party." Doc Atom had sent it to his colleagues some time before the event... well, Paranoia counts as a personal reason.

Opposite the Stillwater building, a filthy hobo clothed in rags and reeking of whiskey and vomit, sits on the pavement. He has last week's newspaper wrapped loosely around him as a makeshift blanket to keep out the cold. He sits there entirely motionless, head tucked between his knees in foetal position so that his head isn't visible- either sleeping or dead.

Passerbys largely ignore the man, and detour to keep a wide berth from him. Although the more astute might note that what appears to be the corner of a green cape seems to poke out from amidst the rags and newspapers...

Doc Atom marvels at how well his fake Hobo Doc Atom decoy is repulsing pedastrians, even as he continues to monitor the party through telescope, while hiding behind a boarded up window with peepholes. Ever since the plot by his Nazi counterpart to attract heroes to one location and blow them all up, he decided this party was like a giant target sign painted on their collective rears.

kpenguin
2009-11-08, 03:48 AM
Unstoppable maintains his broad smile as the pair greet him and his wife. His smile suddenly droops to a frown when Hound mentions the incident. His gaze dips slowly down to the ground. His normally booming voice becomes very soft.

"Thank you... for your concern, Hound."

Cheryl puts a reassuring hand on Mike's shoulder and smiles brightly toward Hound.

I'm sure there's nothing you could have done and I'm sure there's nothing anyone can do now. All we can hope is that Mike's dad beats Unstoppable Prime and brings Jeremy home to us.

Unstoppable allows his smile to build again.

"Let's get off this gloomy subject.

Gravatar, I see you've lost some weight. Anything wrong?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-08, 11:55 AM
Unstoppable maintains his broad smile as the pair greet him and his wife. His smile suddenly droops to a frown when Hound mentions the incident. His gaze dips slowly down to the ground. His normally booming voice becomes very soft.

"Thank you... for your concern, Hound."

Cheryl puts a reassuring hand on Mike's shoulder and smiles brightly toward Hound.

I'm sure there's nothing you could have done and I'm sure there's nothing anyone can do now. All we can hope is that Mike's dad beats Unstoppable Prime and brings Jeremy home to us.

Unstoppable allows his smile to build again.

"Let's get off this gloomy subject.

Gravatar, I see you've lost some weight. Anything wrong?"

"Well, not wrong really. I've had such a wild year that nothing could be wrong to me at this point. I just had some impromptu liposuction from our new boss over there. Apparently he's on an all-fat diet or something, and I desperately needed to shed some pounds after my experiences with Sugar Daddy. I'm just glad they were able to keep the tabloids off my back. I drew enough attention with my brief marriage to Newton Girl without needing pictures of me at nearly half a ton plastered everywhere. I've been trying to get my weight back to something like it used to be before we split for a while, but with Charlie's unique diet I'm likely going to be slimmer than I used to be."

Gravatar smiled as she told this, and she hoped that she wouldn't have to go into detail about Sugar Daddy. The less questions asked, the less likely she'd have to fess up about her continuing addiciton to his super-fattening junk food."

Malfunctioned
2009-11-08, 12:26 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/koroan/saviour-1.jpg
Christopher Nayder stands in the corner of the room, politely refusing distant invitations about joining other conversations, and takes a sip of his water. He has always been a little uneasy about large groups of people and with this one being made up of heroes who he has admired ever since he was found by the Reverend. He glances over the crowd watching the others mingling until he finally builds up the courage to approach the small group surrounding General Victory.

"Hello...I'm Chri-I mean Saviour, I'm a big fan of yours Sir."

He offers his hand out to the General.

UglyPanda
2009-11-08, 05:17 PM
"Well, thank you for your support. I'm always happy to see young folks like you join superheroics. Back in my day, the government was so concerned about our lack of heroes that we almost instituted a draft - five times!" says the former president, in his bombastic and overly patriotic voice.

Outside the Stillwater Building

Doc Atom spots nobody suspicious. A pair of teenage superheroes walk up to the Doc Atom decoy and attempt to give it change while arguing about the moral consequences of giving it change. They then ask for directions to the Stillwater building as they are from out of town and very very lost.

JeminiZero
2009-11-08, 08:12 PM
Doc Atom

Doc Atom glances at the teenage pair, and considers briefly whether he should answer. He starts speaking into a microphone, and a muffled voice emerges from the motionless hobo. "Its tha' new shiny building on the opposite side o' the street. Now leave me alone."

smuchmuch
2009-11-09, 02:42 PM
Hound retain himself to laugh every time he hears the name "Sugar Daddy". He can't help but imagine gravatar fighting a gansta Willy Wonka.

"There is one thing I don't understand with that, though. Isn't the intensity of ypur powers tied to you bodyweight ? If you got so fat, didn't that made you, if anything even more powerfull ?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-09, 02:52 PM
Across the Street

The pair follow the fake bum's directions but leave a few dollars and a couple hundred pennies.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-09, 06:44 PM
Hound retain himself not to laugh every time he hears the name "Sugar Daddy". He can't help but imagine gravatar fighting a gansta Willy Wonka.

"There is one thing I don't understand with that, though. Isn't the intensity of ypur powers tied to you bodyweight ? If you got so fat, didn't that made you, if anything even more powerfull ?"

"Yeah, but I'd rather not have to rely on them just to be mobile. Plus, it'd be bad PR if it looked like his villainy actually did me a favor. There were a lot of non-superpowered girls he'd kidnapped before he set his sights on me."

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-09, 09:32 PM

The Huntstman had taken to wandering the room just people-watching. The party-goers ranged from normal humans with a gimmick like him to paragons like General Victory. You couldn't turn in any direction without seeing a plethora of colorful costumes, he marveled as he deftly plucked a toothpick-stabbed hors d'oeuvre from a passing waiter's plate and popped it in his mouth. He bit down on the small splinter of wood and drew it back out as he chewed thoughtfully. He realized for the first time he hadn't quite known what that bit of food just now was...tasted like...squid. At least it tasted good. Slightly salty with a bit of lime.

Rudy took his toothpick between two fingers and absent-mindedly flicked it back in the direction of the main table. It shot through the throng of party-goers to stick cleanly in a grape a super heroine in little more than a tiny swimsuit was about to pop in her mouth. She looked at the toothpick, then narrowed her eyes in his direction, but Rudy had already continued on. He needed to find something to occupy his mind before he started to get bored and wanted more target practice.

"Excuse me," he asked a group of people centered around a man in green with a visored helmet, "might I join you? I'm not really the social butterfly type and I'm starting to look awkward just standing around by myself." he admitted.

If anyone is wondering, yes, that is you guys. (Green Hound, Gravatar, etc.) :D

kpenguin
2009-11-09, 09:43 PM
Captain Unstoppable chuckles heartily and extends his hand.

"Mike Tanner, the third Captain Unstoppable, at your service."

OOC:

Knowledge [Supers] roll to identify Huntsman.

[roll0]

EDIT: And once again, the dice reaffirm their distaste for me. A 2? Really?

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-09, 10:10 PM
"Gravatar, the world's only plus-sized superheroine."

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-09, 10:26 PM

"Charmed." the cloaked and cowled, crimson hero replied as the took the proffered hand. He had a firm grip, but it was obvious right from the onset that his strength was at merely human levels. "The papers have started calling me 'The Huntsman'. It's as good a name as any for now. Forgive me if I don't unmask right away." he introduced himself.

"So are you guys part of The East Coast Guardian Corps of America Innernational? (...Wow, they have to work on that name.) I was talking to Charlie Chupacabra a little while ago, but most everyone here is just visiting or too full of themselves," he looked over at General Victory, "to talk to me. I think Charlie said he wanted me to join up, but the guy sort of stammers so I might have misread him."

UglyPanda
2009-11-09, 11:04 PM
Kitchen

The floating mage finds the kitchen easily and there is a large pitcher of water inside. There is also a large sticker on the vegetable crisper that says "Caution: Do not open unless it is an emergency."

OOC:
Anyone need any description on anything?

Dhavaer
2009-11-10, 04:32 AM
Magistrix hunted through the cupboards until she found a plastic tumbler, then sat down in the corner with the pitcher and her cup. Halfway through her second cup of water, she dug arond in her coat for her 'cheat sheet', and started at the arcane squiggles on the paper as she drank. After the third cup, she put the tumbler down beside her and stuffed away the paper before beginning a brief ritual.
After the last of the sounds and lights were over, a scant few seconds later, she got to her feet and placed cup and pitcher on the bench.
"Wow. I never expected sobriety to feel so good."
Brushing herself down, she left the kitchen and rejoined the party.

Malfunctioned
2009-11-10, 01:20 PM
Saviour looks around nervously, not expecting such a forward response.

"I was told that there was a few other heroes here that I wanted to meet
He quickly realised that this could be taken wrongly
"No offense meant of course"

"You haven't seen Doc Atom or any of the others around here have you?"

smuchmuch
2009-11-10, 03:40 PM
((Well informed. Gather info check on the Huntsman: [roll0]

James takes a look at the cloacked and masked figure before giving a nod of salute
"Green hound, at your service.

Huis head moves to take a look at the rest of the party until it fixes it's gaze on Charlie (or so you think, with that dark visor, it's almost impossible to tell exactly where the guy is looking)
So you have met Charlie, our new boss ? I don't believe I had the honnor myself, yet. How does he commes out ?
the question is adressed to both Gravatar and the Huntsman.

As an aside:

"Oh. And am I the only one who think we should keep calling the team simply: The East Coast Guardians and not bother with that corp off america international crap they added recently ?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-10, 03:44 PM
OOC:
"New Dark" is simply a parody of the new Avengers (Marvel) books and is only in the title, it's not recognized in-universe.

You're simply East Coast Guardian Corps of America Innerational.

"East Coast" is also a parody of Avengers, but "Corps" is from Green Lantern (DC) and "America Innernational" is from JLA (DC); which was temporarily known as JLI.

And now, yet again, my unfunny joke has become a horrible joke as I had to explain it.

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-10, 05:10 PM

"Ah, so Charlie's new to the group as well? Like I said, I briefly chatted with him, but he seems...a little anxious to me. Maybe he's just nervous about looking good in front of General Victory?" the Huntsman replied.

Gather Info:If you've rolled high enough to know anything about The Huntsman, you'd remember that he's pretty new to the scene. He uses a bow and arrows, like the ones he's carrying on his back, as his primary weapon. He can fight hand-to-hand, but since he seems no more superpowered than your average olympian athlete he prefers to shoot or throw things at his enemies. He's been seen using trick arrows in addition to the normal sharp ones, such as net arrows or taser arrows. He mostly sticks to street-level crime and bank robberies. No big supervillain fights yet.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-10, 05:57 PM
"I personally think Charlie's a nice guy. I owe him one for that impromptu liposuction he gave me too."

smuchmuch
2009-11-13, 09:26 AM
"Hmm.
Maybe it's because i alway had a bit of dificulty around the occult and the stories gave him a bad rap but I must admit I have kind of a hard time associating "nice guy" to a blood sucking demon in my head."

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-13, 10:02 AM
"He's on an all-fat diet."

UglyPanda
2009-11-13, 01:47 PM
Each member of the group receives a text message.

A group of talking dinosaurs
is selling timeshares in
Timely Square.

Anyone available should go
stop them. None of them
happen to be purple btw.

Timely Square (If you go)
A group of dinosaurs is clogging up the pedestrian area at Timely Square, trying to get people to buy timeshares in Mexico. Most of the pedestrians are incredibly frightened and running away. However, some are too frightened of the dinosaurs to leave and are forced to listen to a rambling sales pitch about some of the worst non-real-estate in existence.

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-13, 02:02 PM

"I think someone's prank texting me." the Huntsman said once he'd flipped open his cell phone. "How do they even know this number?" he wondered. (If) He noticed that others were getting texts or calls at nearly the same moment he was, so he commented. "Anyone else get something about talking dinosaurs?"

As he spoke, the Huntsman texted back, Who is this? How did you get this number?

Malfunctioned
2009-11-13, 02:50 PM
Saviour slips his phone out the concealed pocket in his costume and reads the message.

"What the.....?"

He rereads the message and then starts texting back.

Dinosaurs? Are any of the citizens in danger?

And then starts looking for a way to make a quick exit.

smuchmuch
2009-11-13, 03:02 PM
"Anyone else get something about talking dinosaurs?"

"Yep. And it's probably not a prank, it's not the first time we've been contacted that way by the guardians. It's probably a trap, though."
Gh picks up a few objects his bag and prepares to exit.
"But since we have no time to check safely, there's pretty much only one way to find out. Anyone else feels like comming ?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-13, 03:08 PM
A goth girl pops out of a portal in the wall.

"Hello, newbies, my name is Zelda. Anyone who wants to go to Timely Square can go through here."

Malfunctioned
2009-11-13, 03:52 PM
Saviour steps through the portal and out into Timely Square, he notices the Dinosaurs harrasing the civilians and tries to attract their attention.

"Attention dinosaurs! You will cease your harrasment of these innocents or I will stop you myself!"

He spreads his wings and hovers just off of the ground in order to attract the most attention.

UglyPanda
2009-11-13, 03:56 PM
Timely Square

"Harassment? We're just trying to sell these time shares at a reasonable price. Just sit down and look at our presentation. You won't be disappointed."

A tie-wearing velociraptor sets up a powerpoint presentation and a projector.

smuchmuch
2009-11-13, 04:20 PM
Green Hound steps through the portal.
"Ha ! I knew they hadn't any feathers".

He advance to the presentation before raising his voice
"If i may have your atention two seconds, ladies , gentlemen, ... "
he seems to hesitate for a few seconds before rallying with the voice of someone who had done this kind of thing for waaaay to long. Long enough not to find talking dinosaur the most surprising thing you can find in this city street anyway
"...undetermined. Guardians and" he fishes a small badge from one of his pockets and flashes it quickly "BCPD."

"You are currently occuping a public place. Would you care to show me any kind of authorisation ? If not I'm afraid, i'll have to ask you to leave."

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-13, 04:50 PM

The Huntsman shrugged and pulled a folded bit of metal from his cloak. As he turned it over, the device unfolded into the shape of an intricate compound bow and locked into place. He then followed the others through the strange portal.

They came upon a scene out of a paleontologist's fever dreams...bespectacled dinosaurs giving powerpoint presentations, keeping a captive audience. The Huntsman slowly slipped an arrow from his quiver and laid it across the bow, notching the feathered end to the string. He kept the weapon pointed at the ground for now, watching the dinosaur salesmen suspiciously. "This must be some sort of illusion, a holographic projection. This is impossible. Velociraptors had brains barely the size of two fingers held lengthwise. They were smart for that time an for their body-size, yes, but using technology? Speech? They're mouths aren't even developed correctly to sustain human language even if they could understand it. This whole situation is absurd!" he griped like the baffled scientist he was.

UglyPanda
2009-11-13, 04:53 PM
Timely Square

"Why, certainly."

The dinosaur pulls out a permit from city hall. It looks quite genuine from what Green Hound can tell.

A man named Stanley Lieber walks up to Huntsman, hits him on the back of the head, then disappears.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-13, 06:08 PM
Gravatar goes through the portal and rolls her eyes at the dinosaurs.

"Aren't you fellas supposed to set up appointments with people to give presentations like that? Most timeshares I've seen don't advertise their products out on the street to random passerby."

Dhavaer
2009-11-13, 09:24 PM
Magistrix fishes her mobile out from her coat and reads the message. "What." Sighing, she intones the Cant of Doors, and steps through the resulting portal onto the air above Timely Square.
As the portal closes she puts on her goggles, just in case, and looks around the Square. She spirals down towards one of the unfortunate pedestrians cornered by a dinosaur.
"Excuse me," She looks from the prehistoric entrepreneur to its victim, "Could I be of any assistance?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-13, 09:32 PM
Timely Square

"Well, we've been having a rough year, what with the economy and all."

The victim Magistrix talks to is simply scared out of his wits. But at the same time, is thoroughly entranced by the powerpoint presentation.

"Huh, a timeshare in Burro Carne might be a smart investment." the man says.

OOC:
Waiting on Doc Atom and Unstoppable's actions.

Dhavaer
2009-11-13, 09:41 PM
"Riiight." Magistrix steps back into the sky and glides over to the other heroes. "Hi. Are any of you guys psychics? I think the powerpoint's having some kind of mind control effect."

JeminiZero
2009-11-14, 03:11 AM
Doc Atom

Doc Atom ponders briefly whether the dinosaurs might be a diversion: perhaps decoys to hold their attention while someone did something to HQ, again. He continues watching the building for a while.

In other words, what happens to the ongoing party once the dinosaur news gets in.

UglyPanda
2009-11-14, 10:18 AM
Doc Atom's Lookout

He is outside of a building with reflective windows. All he can tell is that there is nothing exploding and nobody panicking.

kpenguin
2009-11-14, 11:23 AM
"Honey, I have to go. There's a bunch of dino-"

Cheryl nods understandingly. Living with Mike these years made her quite a bit used to him running off on mission.

Unstoppable leaps through the portal and enters Timely Square. As a velocioraptor holds up its permit, Unstoppable raises an eyebrow.

"I don't think there's anything we can do, Hound. This looks official enough."

smuchmuch
2009-11-14, 12:01 PM
Green Hound take a long look at the doccument.
((sense motive: ))

During his assessement he pulls out his cell phone and use it to take a few pictures of the paper he's holding, just in case. If soemeone at town office genuinly delivered in good faith a paper to a bunch of dinosaur that deserve" a short enquiry

"I don't think there's anything we can do, Hound. This looks official enough."

Gh nods reluctantly, Finaly he declares apparently disapointed at the lack of crime in progress and with that voice universal to all police officers anywhere wich means "You may be off the hook for now but I'll keep my eyes on you, I'm sure you've done something. You know what I mean and everyone is alway guilty of something anyway":

"Well this look genuine. Carry on si.. ma.. citizen.
And here's a tip: don't invest too heavily in any real estate near Chicxulub"

"Hi. Are any of you guys psychics? I think the powerpoint's having some kind of mind control effect."

"Hmm, I'm no telepath but it's easy to check. If you would give me a few instants."

Gh takes a seat and takes a few minutes to look at the presentation, ready to raise his mental blocks at the first sign of mental manipulation or falling to the envy of buying unexistinting terrains.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
((Depending on what the more appropriate:
Sense motive or Notice (mental awareness) to see if there's something going on or just somme very good adds. Taking a 10 if I can, on both checks so it's either a 22 or a 26

and a preemptive will save [roll1] in case there is something))

UglyPanda
2009-11-14, 12:42 PM
Green Hound realizes that it looks official, but it is by no means real. The fine print indicates laws that don't exist.

The powerpoint presentation isn't at all hypnotic, ordinary people just tend to be weak-willed.

For some reason, all of the hero's legs feel tingly, really tingly, as if they had fallen asleep and then been filled with morphine.

OOC:
Everyone roll a fortitude save and an initiative check.

kpenguin
2009-11-14, 12:55 PM
OOC: D'oh! Forgot to have Cap transform before he went through the portal.

[roll0]
[roll1]

smuchmuch
2009-11-14, 01:04 PM
sh***, I expected more time.

OOc:
Fortitude[roll0]
Init [roll1]

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-14, 01:09 PM

Something's wrong...

Fortitude: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Dhavaer
2009-11-14, 05:58 PM
Fort: [roll0]
Init: [roll1]

Dhavaer
2009-11-14, 06:02 PM
Hero point to reroll Fort save: [roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-14, 06:39 PM
Gravatar:

UglyPanda
2009-11-14, 07:15 PM
Huntsman and Green Hound's legs become soft, like rubber. The two of them can no longer feel any sensation in their legs as they collapse.

"This is starting to be rather amusing. I must thank you for the dinosaurs, I was rather obsessed with them as a child." says a young man in a white doctor's coat to a woman in a tight dress who has scars all over her arms.

The man has Heath Ledger's chin, Matt Damon's Jaw Line, and Johnny Depp's cheekbones; no part of his body is any less than absolute physical perfection.

"It's nice to see you again, Jessica. But, business comes before pleasure, you know."

Suddenly, the powerpoint presentation becomes a cliche'd hypnotic swirling pattern, freezing the pedestrians in their tracks.

"Dinosaurs, attack!"

OOC:
Three raptors, one ten-foot-tall dinosaur, one unknown woman, and one evil plastic surgeon are your enemies.

Green Hound and Huntsman are prone, their base land speed is cut in half.

Initiative order:
Magistrix
Huntsman
Unstoppable
Green Hound
Gravatar
EnemiesMalfunctioned, make your rolls.

Everyone else, take your actions.

Dhavaer
2009-11-14, 07:29 PM
Magistrix steps into the sky, light streaming from her eyes and mouth as she sings an Odani Concussion Cant. A sound like a bomb thunders from the scarred woman.

OOC: Magistrix is ~100 feet up; the woman must make a DC 21 Fort save or be dazed/stunned/unconscious.

kpenguin
2009-11-14, 07:41 PM
Captain Unstoppable raises an eyebrow.

"I suppose this is the Plastic Surgeon you've been on about, Gravatar?"

As he speaks, he jumps into the air and smashes down on the projector displaying the powerpoint.

OOC:
[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Heh, forgot I don't have to make a damage roll. Projector must save vs. DC 27

JeminiZero
2009-11-14, 07:46 PM
Doc Atom

Initiative: [roll0]
Fortitude Save: [roll1]

(I really should assign those last 3 PP now)

Bah! Note to self, get some method of piercing reflective windows. Exiting his vantage point, Doc Atom tries to sneak in round the back/side door.

Stealth: [roll2]

Once inside, he looks around the place for anything (or anyone) suspicious.

Notice: [roll3]
Sense Motive: [roll4]

Malfunctioned
2009-11-14, 08:51 PM

smuchmuch
2009-11-14, 09:37 PM
Gh can't help but emit a yelp of surprise as he falls when his legs seems to shy away from under him. Although that particular application isn't too bad, that is one nasty power and the crippling possibilities are scary.

Doing a small roll on the side, hound draw his gun. While he's aware of the very real danger that the dinosaur represent, he'd rather neutralize the surgeon before he decidesthat everyone wouyld be funnier swithout arms or somethinbg along those line.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] ( rubber bullets, so non lethal damage)

... Typical.

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-14, 10:17 PM

Rudy felt his legs turn to jell-o and deposit him ungracefully upon the floor. He was surprised, to say the least, but his shock at suddenly being rendered paralyzed didn't keep him from drawing his cloak around himself as he fell. By the time The Huntsman hit the ground, he was invisible to the naked eye. Then he was crawling forward on his forearms to remove himself from being trampled underfoot.

He commando-crawled as far as he was able, then propped himself up into a sitting position and drew an arrow from the quiver on his back. It had the look of a normal arrow, but the head was curiously blunt with two metal contact points. Sighting along his arm at the talkative pair above him who seemed to be responsible for both the dinosaurs as well as his condition, he let fly. The twang of the bowstring was swallowed by the sound of the battle and the arrow, instantly visible but moving too fast for the human eye to follow, shot straight at Mr. Lab Coat's chest crackling with electrical energy.

That should get his attention...or render him unconscious, he thought to himself.

Attack: [roll0]
Free Action: Using Visual Concealment.
Move Action: Crawl toward the nearest cover or at the very least away from the dinosaurs so that he won't get accidentally trampled.
Standard Action: Stun 11 Taser Arrow on Plastic Surgeon.

UglyPanda
2009-11-14, 10:31 PM
OOC:
Guys, there are hostages. You can't just hit everything in existence.

In other words: Chronic, are you sure that's what you want to do?

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-14, 10:35 PM
OOC:
Fixed it. Thanks! :smallredface:

Malfunctioned
2009-11-15, 06:44 AM
Saviour flies straight at the largest dinosaur he can see, just until he is level with the titanic creatures face. He locks eyes with it for a brief moment.

"I did warn you"

And swings a tightly clenched fist into the beasts face.

Attack [roll0]

(It's DC:28 for the punch)

UglyPanda
2009-11-15, 11:23 AM
Magistrix performs her spell - but it doesn't seem to do anything. The woman is just standing there.

Huntsman fires his arrow - and it goes through the Surgeon. Just straight through his head without any change.

Unstoppable smashes the projector to bits. However, the swirling pattern doesn't seem to disappear.

Green Hound just misses entirely.

Savior punches the dinosaur and it comes out with a black eye.

OOC:
Waiting on Gravatar.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-15, 01:23 PM
Gravatar's jaw drops when she sees the man in the labcoat.

"Pete?! Sheesh, I knew you were cuckoo, but giant dinosaurs selling phony timeshares? That really doesn't seem very you. Shouldn't you be uglifying a celebrity or making a supermodel inexplicably dissolve into a puddle of steaming goo?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-15, 01:42 PM
TAUNT
You can demoralize an opponent with a Bluff check rather than an
Intimidate check. Use the normal rules for demoralizing (see page 49),
substituting Bluff for Intimidate. Targets resist using Bluff, Sense Motive,
or Will (whichever is best) and gain a +1 bonus on their resistance check
per taunt attempt against them in the same encounter.
Demoralizing is a full-round action, and it's pretty much the same as normal D&D.

________

At the party

Doc Atom enters the party easily due to the DNA scanners. Currently some of the party-goers are playing a video game starring a Professor Fury-pastiche. Frank is not amused and is contemplating suing the company.

kpenguin
2009-11-15, 02:21 PM
(OOC: An intimidate check is a full-round action. Demoralizing is a standard action or a move action if you're willing to take a -5 penalty

Action: An Intimidate check is a full-round action. Demoralizing in combat is a standard action. You can demoralize as a move action by taking a –5 on your check.)

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-15, 02:29 PM
Okay, I'll make my taunt check now. What do I have to roll for my gravity blast attack? A d20?

Taunt: [roll0]

And I roll a natural 1. Caaaaaraaaaaaap. :smallannoyed:

kpenguin
2009-11-15, 02:35 PM
(OOC: Well, if you want to taunt and blast, you'll take a -5 penalty on your bluff check as well... make an attack roll.)

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-15, 02:49 PM
Forget it then I'll just make the taunt then blast later.

UglyPanda
2009-11-15, 03:00 PM
"Oh please, I've outgrown my tired gimmicks. Now I only have two goals, to get as much money as possible, and to spread my face all over the world. Like so."

The appearance of every civilian within a block's radius has turned to that of The Surgeon or his accomplice.

Whatever semblance of intelligence the dinosaurs had is now gone as they begin attacking. The large dinosaur bites Savior on the arm as the three smaller ones charge at Green Hound and Gravatar. One of them manages to land a hit on the former.

OOC:
Roll toughness for Savior and Green Hound.

New round.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-15, 03:01 PM
"So...why the dinosaurs?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-15, 03:06 PM
"They weren't my idea, but I like them nonetheless."

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-15, 03:13 PM
"That's the dumbest thing I've heard out of you yet!"

Malfunctioned
2009-11-15, 03:54 PM
[roll0] 13 Impervious

smuchmuch
2009-11-15, 04:15 PM
Pushing with his arms, Green Hound tries to roll on the side to not end in dinosaur chow.

Toughness
[roll0] unless being stuck in prone position somehow affect the defensive roll feat in wich count a -3 on the roll.

UglyPanda
2009-11-15, 05:25 PM
The dinosaur closes its jaws on Savior's arms and *Crunch*

The raptor's teeth only sink into the foamy part of Green Hound's body armor.

OOC:
Savior takes a stun, a bruise, and an injury.

Green Hound is safe.

Dhavaer
2009-11-16, 03:16 AM
Magistrix frowns, unused to seeing someone shrug off one of her spells so easily, but immediately launches into another cant.

OOC: Fatigue on the biggest dinosaur. DC 21 will save or fatigued/exhausted/unconscious.

kpenguin
2009-11-16, 03:19 AM
Unstoppable roars in frustration as the hypnotic pattern remains after he destroyed the projector. He leaps to the projector screen, trying to tear it apart with his hands.

[roll0]

Malfunctioned
2009-11-16, 06:42 AM
Saviour grits his teeth in pain but forces his mind to focus on the task at hand.

(Use 1 hero point to recover from stun)

smuchmuch
2009-11-16, 01:12 PM
Green Hound tries to pistol whips the head of the dino who just bited his armor to make it loose it's grasp then crawl away a fast a he can.

Attack [roll0]
Not sure about the damage. Does a pistol handle count as a hand attack (in wich case +2 on the atack roll) or an improvised club ?

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-16, 01:19 PM

From his hiding place, the Huntsman took aim at the velociraptor attacking Green Hound and let fly another arrow. This one had a rounded-off bulb at the end instead of an arrow head. Just before reaching the small dinosaur, the bulb exploded out into a large net with weights on each of the four corners designed to wrap around each other and hopelessly ensnare the creature within.

Roll:
Snare 11 Net Arrow

UglyPanda
2009-11-16, 06:03 PM
Magistrix performs her spell and the dinosaur shrugs it off without any effort.

Huntsman fires his arrow and manages to tie up one of the raptors.

Unstoppable successfully rips apart the screen, and it appears the pattern is now floating in midair.

Green Hound pistol-whips the raptor and hits it in the head. For some reason, the raptor is sent reeling and collapses on the ground, unconscious.

Savior is no longer stunned.
________

Nobody has any idea who Doc Atom is talking about. They've never seen anyone like that.

OOC:
Waiting on Gravatar.

JeminiZero
2009-11-17, 07:36 AM
Doc Atom

This is a bit worrying. Doc Atom thinks to himself as he wonders where the two might have gone. Wait, if this party is invite only, than the front desk must register whoever comes and goes, I'll try asking them.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-17, 10:10 AM
Gravatar glares at the Plastic Surgeon and launches a gravitic blast at him.

What's the damage on that thing?

UglyPanda
2009-11-17, 10:12 AM
OOC:
Which one?

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-17, 10:28 AM
OOC: Which one? :smallconfused:

UglyPanda
2009-11-17, 10:32 AM
OOC:
The streets are filled with people who look like him at the moment.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-17, 10:40 AM
OOC: The original, whom she'd been trash-talking prior to launching the blast.

UglyPanda
2009-11-17, 04:31 PM
Gravatar fires the blast - and it goes right through the hologram surgeon.

"I'm sorry, but I'm so damn busy nowadays that I can't even chat with you in person. It appears these dinosaurs were a bust, now that I see them in action."

The remaining raptor lunges at Green Hound's throat and misses entirely.

The large dinosaur continues to chomp on Savior's arm.

OOC:
Roll a toughness check, Mal.

New round.

Malfunctioned
2009-11-18, 03:27 AM
Toughness: [roll0] (7 Impervious)

Saviour summons his strength into another punch, hoping to at least stun the beast.

Attack; [roll1]
DC 28.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-18, 12:32 PM
Gravatar gets especially frustrated when she sees it's just a hologram.

"Why'd you even use them if you apparently can turn all the people into yous from wherever you are? Are you dense or something? Are you retarded?! You're the goddamn Plastic Surgeon, what the hell do you need dinosaurs for?!"

Since we've learned we can't actually attack Plastic Surgeon, Gravatar is resorting to taunting again to try and get him to make a mistake.

Taunt: [roll0]

smuchmuch
2009-11-18, 01:27 PM
"Thanks Hunts... Khara !"
Green Hound short moment of relief is spoiled when he has to dodge the third raptor, who apparently decided he would make a much better target than Gravatar.

"You stupid thing, why are you attacking me ? I'm stringy and nervous. Go bother back Gravatar, plenty of nutritious lipids on her."
Thinks green hound, while slamming one of the raptor's legs in order to unbalance it

((Standart action: Trip
Attack[roll0]
Dexterity check [roll1]

Then he moves from the beast as fast as he can in his position.

Movement action: Move.))

Dhavaer
2009-11-18, 02:40 PM
So much for the fancy stuff. Magistrix launched into the Cirroi Loom. Arcing lines of light flashed around the big dinosaur.

OOC: Using Blast on the big dino, DC 26 Toughness save.

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-18, 03:36 PM

Seeing as how the velociraptors all agreed that Green Hound was the tastiest of the bunch of heroes, the Huntsman decided to continue rendering assistance to his new teammate. He drew and nocked not one but several arrows to his bowstring with practiced ease and, after a moment's aim, loosed them all at the remaining raptor. These arrows weren't the fancy, trick kind he'd been employing so far. All of the arrows that dove toward the dromaeosaur were normal, deadly broadheads.

Roll:
Autofire Blast 11 Attack (Precise x2 - No penalty for firing into melee.)

UglyPanda
2009-11-18, 08:55 PM
Back at HQ

The receptionist has placed a little sign on the desk which says "stomach problems - in the bathroom."

The DNA scanner registered someone being refused access twice in quick succession and then leaving twice.

JeminiZero
2009-11-18, 09:58 PM
Doc Atom looks around to see if there are security cameras which picked up who exactly got rejected and left... twice.

kpenguin
2009-11-18, 10:37 PM
Frustrated as the pattern remains, Unstoppable looks down at his ring.

Perhaps if I... no, I'd better just move on... still if there's a chance...

The ring gave Unstoppable somewhat of a resistance to magic.... perhaps if he could channel that resistance... he could dispel the hypnotic pattern. The question was, was this magic or was this something else entirely?

As the Plastic Surgeon reveals himself to be a hologram, Unstoppable decides not to take the chance. Instead, he barrels for the final remaining dinosaur.

OOC: Charging the dinosaur, using Power Attack to shift 2 points from Attack to damage. End result: +2 Damage, +0 Attack, -2 Defense.

[roll0]

UglyPanda
2009-11-19, 08:03 PM
Timely Square

The dinosaurs are all knocked out.

"Fighting with you is like pulling teeth. Well, I really can't think of a better joke right now."

There is a flash, and then the teeth from each of the dinosaurs disappear, leaving four sets of bloody gums. A few seconds later, the civilians all return to normal.

Back at HQ

The security camera shows both of the caped individuals trying and failing to get past the DNA scanner. The security guard then wrote a note and ran off somewhere. Once the security guard was out of sight, the two start doing something to the DNA scanner and then leave.

Malfunctioned
2009-11-20, 07:06 PM
Saviour floats down to the ground and withdraws his wings into his back.

"Okay, the dinosaurs I could understand, a lot of people like dinosaurs I get that. But what is up with the whole bleeding gum, teeth disappearing thing?"

He turns to the others, honestly hoping for an answer.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-20, 07:26 PM
"As far as I can tell, Pete was trying to make a joke or something. He never really did get all the ins and outs of being a supervillain."

Malfunctioned
2009-11-20, 08:22 PM
"That was supposed to be a joke? Where was the evil laugh signalling it all? Anyway, I suppose I should check if there's anything else odd around here.

Notice: [roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-20, 08:27 PM
"He said fighting me is like pulling teeth."

UglyPanda
2009-11-20, 08:34 PM
Savior notices that there's a lot of blood everywhere, both his own and that of the dinosaurs. Somebody really needs to clean up the place.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-20, 09:13 PM
"Ew! This place looks like a 90's comic book page!"

JeminiZero
2009-11-21, 08:10 AM
Doc Atom

Doc Atom decides that he better stand in for the guard for a while. In the mean time, he also gives Cross a call, to inform him/her/it that the DNA scanner has been tampered with.

UglyPanda
2009-11-21, 11:11 AM
At the HQ

Cross pops downstairs, then pops open the DNA scanner.

"Hey, Mr. Radiation, get a look at this."

Inside the DNA scanner is what appears to be a chrome scorpion with wires sticking out of it and attached to various parts of the machine.

OOC:
Roll a reflex, then a perception.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-21, 04:33 PM
Gravatar looks for Captain Unstoppable and taps him on the shoulder.

"Hey, how are we gonna clear up this mess? It's startin' to stink."

Dhavaer
2009-11-21, 08:15 PM
Seeing the villains and dinosaurs disappear, Magistrix spirals back down to ground level, and looks around at the mess. "Hmm. A minute, please." She begins to sketch symbols in the air around her as she softly chants.

JeminiZero
2009-11-21, 09:03 PM
Reflex Save: [roll0]
Notice Check: [roll1]

UglyPanda
2009-11-21, 09:14 PM
Back at HQ

The metal scorpion detaches itself and tries to run out of the building's door.

OOC:
Describe your action and roll appropriately.

Bloody Mess

Some street cleaners have shown up and are mopping up the sidewalk with an atrocious amount of bleach. Your eyes feel like they're about to melt.

JeminiZero
2009-11-21, 09:26 PM
OOC: What was the reflex save for?

Is there anything with which to contain a runaway Scorpian lying around nearby? Like say a bowl-shaped thing Dox Atom can conveniently slam ontop of it.

UglyPanda
2009-11-21, 09:52 PM
At HQ

The scorpion is moving very fast, it leaps into the door, leaving a small hole where it made contact with the glass.

It's now outside, and Doc Atom has to follow it through the crowd of people.

OOC:
To see if your character could react in time. There are no bowls.

JeminiZero
2009-11-21, 10:15 PM
Doc Atom

"Cross! Do Something!" Doc Atom shouts as he flies after the scorpian, and tries to grab it.

OOC:
Not even the ever familiar stainless steel dustbins which populate office lobbies?

Free Action: Switch to Strength
Full Round Action: Charge attempting to grapple
Attack Roll:[roll0] (Including Charge bonus)
Grapple Chack: [roll1] (Not including bonus from differences in size)

Edit: Actually I also forgot to include Melee AB in that Grapple check, so add another 9 to that figure.

UglyPanda
2009-11-21, 10:51 PM
HQ

"Like what? I'm kinda confused as to why there is a chrome arachne-something. Metal-Scorp, Metal-Scorp. Chrome-pla~ted, Metal-Scorp."

OOC:
There is a door in the way, you can't charge.

And this isn't combat, roll an appropriate skill, not an attack roll.

JeminiZero
2009-11-21, 11:05 PM
Doc Atom

"Like what? I'm kinda confused as to why there is a chrome arachne-something. Metal-Scorp, Metal-Scorp. Chrome-pla~ted, Metal-Scorp."

"Cross! We've had nothing but attacks, sabotage and vandalism. Whatever that scorpian is, IT CAN'T BE GOOD! GET IT!"

OOC:

There is a door in the way, you can't charge.

Subtract 2 from the attack bonus then. Change action to move-until-close-enough and standard action to grapple.

And this isn't combat, roll an appropriate skill, not an attack roll.

And what skill should I roll to grab a scorpian? AFAIK this is a grapple check started by an attack roll.

UglyPanda
2009-11-21, 11:32 PM
OOC:
It's outside, by the legs of pedestrians. Roll tumble. Then you can try to grab it.

I'm unfortunately a bit* brain-dead today.

*Bit meaning very something noun adjective... where was I? Right, I'm not thinking straight today for various reasons.

JeminiZero
2009-11-22, 12:24 AM
OOC: What kind of Acrobatics DC am I looking at?

UglyPanda
2009-11-22, 12:28 AM
OOC:
10 or 15
[roll0]

JeminiZero
2009-11-22, 12:36 AM
OOC: Meh, I've used up my meagre dice luck for the week, on that pretty 16 on the attack roll. Everything goes down hill from thereon. I'll just recycle that attack roll into a laser shot on the Scorpian. Improved Precise Shot means Doc Atom can ignore anything short of total cover to nail the Scorp.

Radiation Blast
Attack Roll: Recycled to 25 from above
DC 28 toughness save if it hits.

UglyPanda
2009-11-22, 12:38 AM
OOC:
Are you sure?

JeminiZero
2009-11-22, 01:35 AM
OOC: Will it get away if I fail the Acrobatics roll?

kpenguin
2009-11-22, 04:14 AM
Gravatar looks for Captain Unstoppable and taps him on the shoulder.

"Hey, how are we gonna clear up this mess? It's startin' to stink."

"It looks like the hardworking servicemen of Big City are taking care of the job.

Now, Plastic Surgeon is part of your rogues' gallery. What do you suppose he's up to?"

UglyPanda
2009-11-22, 04:42 PM
OOC:
If you fail the acrobatics roll, then fail a perception.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-22, 10:20 PM
"It looks like the hardworking servicemen of Big City are taking care of the job.

Now, Plastic Surgeon is part of your rogues' gallery. What do you suppose he's up to?"

"This is completely different than what he'd do when I fought him in the past. Back then he basically used his powers to make supermodels and movie stars ugly because he had those nasty burn scars. He couldn't use his powers on himself, so he wanted to ruin everyone else's beauty. From what we've seen so far, his narcissism's still there, but he's done a complete 180, since now he's handsome again and he wants to make everyone identical to him. Doesn't make sense."

UglyPanda
2009-11-22, 10:34 PM
The bloody and soapy street

"Or he could just like money, like 99% of criminals." says a street cleaner who absolutely nobody was talking to.

Text message

Are you guys done
yet? Get back here
and party before it
is time to fill out
the report.

-Charlie

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-22, 11:14 PM
Gravatar facepalms.

"Sorry, it's been a while since I've actually encountered a villain like that. Most of them were sickos or something."

JeminiZero
2009-11-23, 09:14 PM
OOC: Rather than Acrobatics, how about an overrun maneuver?

Also, what sort of Perception DC an I looking at.

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-23, 09:50 PM

OOC: Are we unparalyzed yet?

"I've never met the man before, but I already hate him. What about the woman he was with? Does anyone know her? And how in the hell did he manage to conjure up talking dinosaurs like that?" Huntsman called, for the first time since the battle started throwing aside his cloak and letting the others see him over by the sidewalk.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-23, 09:57 PM
"I have no freakin' clue."

UglyPanda
2009-11-23, 10:14 PM
OOC:
Please stop trying to do the math. We're not going to roll this time.

Are you going to destroy it or chase after it? That's all.

City sidewalks, bloody sidewalks

Green Hound and Huntsman's legs stop tingling and return to normal

Dhavaer
2009-11-24, 04:58 AM
Seeing the cleaners show up, Magistrix ceases her chant. "Don't want to put anyone out of work..." She murmurs.

JeminiZero
2009-11-24, 06:44 AM
Doc Atom attempts to blast it.

UglyPanda
2009-11-24, 08:55 PM
Sidewalk in front of HQ

The scorpion is now a puddle of molten steel.

Text Message

u guys dun yet?
u need to give us +
id of culprits. then
we can we do the
rfsearch.

-White-Raven the intern

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-25, 01:53 AM
Is the text message to us or Doc Atom?

JeminiZero
2009-11-25, 03:20 AM
Doc Atom

Doc Atom runs up and gathers the remains of the scorpian.

OOC: Its probably for you guys. Now is probably a good time to pick up evidence and return to HQ.

smuchmuch
2009-11-25, 07:35 AM
OOc: Good idea.

Ic:
Slightly woozy from the bleach fumes, Green Hound takes a small minute to get up and take a few a few steps to chck his legs are okay.

That done, taking somme small plastic bag from one of his pocket, he gather a tooth and a a sample of blood , before it's all washed away, in case it might allow them to learn something about those dinosaurs' origin.

Then he snoops around where the projector was, for any clue left, leftover papers from that real estate scam for example, about what the surgeon was exactly trying to achieve.

search [roll0]

UglyPanda
2009-11-25, 10:32 AM
Bloody Sidewalk

The teeth of each of the dinosaurs are all gone. Plenty of blood and papers, however. A quick examination of their papers indicates one of the owners of the company is somebody named Nishi Benren.

Busy Sidewalk

Doc Atom notices that the hot liquid metal is starting to fuse to the sidewalk. There are a few odd wires and computer chips floating in it, but they are half-melted as well.

JeminiZero
2009-11-26, 02:36 AM
Doc Atom

Doc Atom tries to pull what chips and pieces he can from the molten pool. Half melted chips were better than nothing.

UglyPanda
2009-11-26, 09:17 PM
Where Doc Atom is

Doc Atom manages to pick up the chips. They look like they're in pretty bad shape.

UglyPanda
2009-11-27, 10:22 PM
OOC:
Anyone doing anything to investigate, or do you all just want your characters to go to relax until the next crisis?

smuchmuch
2009-11-28, 11:33 AM
((No little paper with a score on it ,))

"How spiritual"
After trying a little postcognition on the scene,
'(Concentration: [roll0] ))

Green Hound will try to investigate on the fake real estate compagny without believing in it too much (yes, he's aware Nishi benren is a wordplay on the chinesse world "you are a morron" but you never know.)
((Investigate [roll1]))

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-28, 11:53 AM

Before all of it was diluted with soap and water, the Huntsman took a sample of the blood on the street. It probably wasn't real blood, or at least he hoped it wasn't, and would therefore be running some chemical tests on the substance as soon as he had access to a laboratory.

OOC:
Would it be a stretch to assume he had a small test tube with him? If not he'll just use the nearest plastic soda bottle or something.

UglyPanda
2009-11-28, 12:34 PM
Green Hound detects the dinosaurs arrived out of the back of a U-Haul with license plate... (Make a perception check).A quick internet search would indicate that the time-share company's headquarters is located in a very dangerous town in Mexico called Huevos Muerte, filled with numerous drug growers and cartels.

Huntsman takes a blood sample using an evidence kit. Early lab reports indicate that it is dinosaur blood, but contains a number of genes that just don't belong. There is significant evidence of illegal genetic manipulation.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-29, 10:15 PM
As the excitement winds down, Gravatar returns to the base to report what happened to Charlie.

"It seems my old archnemesis, Peter Thompson, AKA "The Plastic Surgeon," was behind the problems. For some reason he cloned dinosaurs and was selling fake real estate. Then he used his powers to make everyone nearby identical to him and then he left, and the people were back to normal after it was all over. He wasn't even physically there, using some kind of hologram to speak to us. What disturbs me is that his powers seem to have intensified somewhat. He was actually able to use them on himself, completely reversing his disfigurement from the accident that gave both of us superpowers. He's never been able to do that before. His MO appears to have changed as well. He originally was lashing out because of his disfigurement and wounded ego, uglifying the "beautiful people." Celebrities, models, you know what I mean. Now his new goal appears to be to make everyone like him, if what he did to the people is any indication. All in all, this case made absolutely zero sense."

UglyPanda
2009-11-29, 11:44 PM
At HQ
"I'll make a note of that. But you still need to do the paperwork. Write down everything exactly as you saw it."

"Now, are you sure it was him and are you sure he had anything to do with it? Plastic surgeons are more into aesthetics than real medicine."

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-30, 12:01 AM
Gravatar grumbles as she starts to fill out the forms, and hands them to Charlie when she's finished.

"He recognized me, and he exhibited the same powers I'd seen him using before. Plus he responded when I called him by name, so I'm pretty sure it's him. And yeah, I know plastic surgeons are about appearance and not meds. That's Pete's whole schtick. His ego took the ultimate hit after the accident.

We were both on the class trip that visited Dr. Andrei Lupka several years ago, and one of his experiments went critical during the visit. Most of the class got to safety, but Pete and I didn't, and the resulting KABOOM gave Peter and me our superpowers. I think the reason I didn't get burned like Pete did was because of a side effect of my powers. Basically, because gravity works on my body differently from others, my body's systems all got a big boost in strength and durability, and that kept me intact during the explosion. It's also what allows me to remain healthy and active despite my obesity. Pete didn't have that kind of power, so he got disfigured.

My point is that Pete's always been narcissistic. He was a theater major back in the day, and he would have gone on to modelling had the accident not ruined his face. Now that he's found some way to reverse his injuries, he seems to be fanning his ego by turning the human race into his own personal mirror."

UglyPanda
2009-11-30, 12:05 AM
At HQ

"Please stop giving me his biography."

"Look, I just need to make sure it's him and make sure you can positively ID him and can give a direct link to his crimes and it's entirely possible that he is someone else's lackey and we're chasing the wrong guy. I don't want this the trial to be locked up in five years of appeals just because this guy can change his face and has a shadowy boss."

"Do you understand?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-30, 12:10 AM
"Charlie, I have no freakin' clue. All we have to go on is that hologram of him. I don't even really know how what kind of crime this was, aside from a public disturbance. The dinosaurs were selling real estate rather than tearing down buildings, and Pete somehow psychokinetically ripped their teeth out, killing them before he left, and when he did the people turned back to normal. I'm not a detective. That's Green Hound and Huntsman's specialties. I'm just the part of the Guardians' muscle."

UglyPanda
2009-11-30, 01:36 AM
HQ

"Oh, they're not dead. They're just knocked out. One of our former members went to go collect them to put them in a preserve. I think his name was Red something. Red Thinman? No, that's not it."

smuchmuch
2009-11-30, 06:46 AM
(( I suppose a perception check is the same thing than a notice check , right ?))
[roll0]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The ....egg of death ? Charming.
mumbels Green hound while taking a small break inhis research to think about what would be the possible legal complications to persuing his enquiries into another country.
On the other hand if the name of the town is any indication, it doesn't sound as if local law would be as much of a problem as getting your body filled with bullets by local crime scene.

UglyPanda
2009-11-30, 12:30 PM
The license plate number was AA-52271.

He could probably go to Mexico and do what Superheroes do. It's not like they have legal authority anyway, so what can anyone do to revoke it?

OOC:
I get the names of skills between games confused sometimes.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-30, 12:35 PM
HQ

"Oh, they're not dead. They're just knocked out. One of our former members went to go collect them to put them in a preserve. I think his name was Red something. Red Thinman? No, that's not it."

"Really? There was a lot of blood when their teeth got pulled out."

smuchmuch
2009-11-30, 04:48 PM
Green Hound takes somme time to think about his option and put "having his throat slit in a cutthroat a few hundred miles from home" as a "maybe".

In the meantime, he'll just try his luck with a less risky lead, the truck license plate with the weird number format.

((Search: Taking a ten +13= 23))

UglyPanda
2009-11-30, 05:01 PM
HQ

"There's always a lot of blood when you pull teeth."

OOC:
That's actually the normal number format for trucks. And where are you actually searching? This is a New-York analogue, there are hundreds of cars to look at.

smuchmuch
2009-11-30, 05:38 PM
((Isn't there a governement agency, The DMV thank you Mr Google) , who handle vehicles registration and stuff like that for every state ? I expect there are somme files for something like that.
Right now, Gh is trying to find the owner of the vehicle, not where it is .))

Malfunctioned
2009-11-30, 05:59 PM
"Not all of that blood was theirs" Said Saviour, announcing his entrance behind Gravatar. He holds up his right arm displaying the deep tooth marks, the wound had started to heal but it still had a long way to go.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-11-30, 06:04 PM
"Oh my God, I forgot about that! Are you okay?!"

Malfunctioned
2009-11-30, 06:10 PM
"I'll be fine, It should heal up in a couple of days anyway. Thank you for your concern thought." Saviour gives her a smile and then turns to Charlie. "You said the dinos were knocked out? Is there anyway we could see them?"

JeminiZero
2009-11-30, 08:57 PM
Doc Atom

"Well, there's a Doctor in the house if you want medical attention." Doc Atom says nonchalantly as he walks in carrying the melted remains of a robot scorpian. "In the meanwhile, I guess you guys should know that someone tried to tamper with the DNA scanner by planting this inside."

Dhavaer
2009-12-01, 04:56 AM
"If you don't feel like waiting a couple of days, I can fix it up for you." Magistrix offers. Looking at the scorpion, she groans. "I can't help but feel that that's meant to be a horrible pun on the word 'bug'. Or maybe I haven't been mixing with the right class of supervillains."

UglyPanda
2009-12-01, 06:54 AM
Green Hound's request to the DMV shows that the truck is owned by U-Haul.

OOC:
Scorpions aren't bugs, they're arachnids. Not everything I do is a pun.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-12-01, 09:50 AM
Gravatar finishes the papers and hands them to Charlie, and then goes back to her room at the HQ. She reads for a while, but then throws the book to the floor and reaches for her cellphone. She couldn't help it. She needed her fix.

She scrolled through her contacts list until she reached the one she was looking for. Herschell Gateau...the Sugar Daddy.

UglyPanda
2009-12-01, 03:32 PM
"Dinos are being kept sedated for now. They're probably going to give them dino dentures or something."

Charlie stifles a chuckle.

______

"Hello, this is the office of Shug R. Diddy." says what sounds like Sugar's secretary.

"Shug is away from the office right now, but if you leave a message, he will call you back as soon as he comes up with yet another new name."

OOC:
Smuch, you might want to have your character tell the others what he is working on. They might want to help.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-12-01, 04:14 PM
At the tone, Gravatar begins her message.

"Hey, Shug. It's G. I...I need some more of the goods. ASAP. I'll meet you at the usual spot, with the money. Hope you've got something extra delicious this time. You know my sweet tooth better than anyone."

She ends the call and then sits on the bed and sighs.

I can't believe this, she thinks to herself. I spent a month with that guy and I still can't get him and his junk out of my head. I love it. I love that not only is it incredibly delicious, but its side-effects can make me more powerful. But I'm a freakin' addict, just like his employees are. I saw those girls. I saw how hooked they were, not caring about how big they got, or that he demanded "favors" from them, just so long as they could keep gorging. I just look the other way and pay for the stuff, but I'm no better.

smuchmuch
2009-12-03, 01:00 AM
(Character wise (Green Hound has very little sense of team work, it wouldn't make much sense for him to ask for help in an investigation unless he has a really good reason for that) ,it would work better, if those who are interested happened to bump into him at random and ask what he's doing and go from there.

Since the HQ is now finished, would it be much of a stretch to assume Gh just claimad a small space for himself (he just enough space for a laptop, a file cabinet and eventualy a small camp bed) and conduct most of his basic research and phone call from here ?))

Green Hound groans a little as it seems thi investigation will take a little longer than he expected and decide to take yet another small break to get a drink at the kitchen before going on.

UglyPanda
2009-12-04, 03:06 PM
OOC:
Let me rephrase that. Please inform the other characters so that they can have something to do.

smuchmuch
2009-12-04, 07:14 PM
((Fine.))

Green Hound goes up to the reunion/briefing room or whatever equivalent they may have at the Hq.

"Hello sir"
After handing a short repport of what he found until now to Charlie, GH looks around and asks.

"Anyone here has somme free time ?

I've tried investigating a little on that dino accident. Trouble is, it leads to somme place in South America ,a real cutthroat. So If were going to get deeper into that, I could do with somme help.

Also I've found the license plate of the truck the plastic surgeon used to bring his pets. It's a U-Haul rental, Given the size of the cargo, I'd say a 24 size, more probably a 26.
I'm can probably find who rented it, but finding where it is now would help greatly. So if you happen to spot it on your patrol or something like that, please contact me"

UglyPanda
2009-12-09, 10:11 AM
At HQ, the next day

It's a brand new day, and the sun is high, all the birds are singing cause of an overturned bread truck in the middle of the Algonquin borough. Someone should do something about that.

Cross is doing a headstand in front of the TV, watching the news and flipping through the channels.

"Our top story today: There has been a safety recall on soft toilet pa-"
"report that 45% of Americans do not feel safer with Superheros around and 70% wish we would get out of their faces. In other-"
"...and the fluffy kitten played with the ball of string all through the night. On a lighter note, fifteen drug dealers were brutally shot to death in Big City, in the Bohan borough. Police are not claiming responsibility but an inside source claims he overheard one saying 'Yippie'. More to come, later on in the-"
"-ington about the exorbitant amount of funds being sent to new schools for powered students. President Avidson continues to state that the schools are entirely privately funded and that the protesters should quote 'Get off his ****ing lawn'. No word from the protesters on their response."
"Hey kids, do you know-"
"President-For-Life of New Yemen was found dead today. The Coroner reports that the cause of death was the inch-wide perfectly-round hole in his skull."
"-wer is once again in rehab. The former teen idol superhero crashed her car into a transformer-"
"-botinum have created a new gravity-manipulating tool. Scientists are calling it 'The Claw'. They believe-"
"is threatening to remove Rhode Island from America and turn it into a Volcano Base after his old Volcano Base was destroyed earlier this year. He claims that his army is only there for peaceful reasons, however."
"R. Daddy was found murdered in his sleep last night. An official statement has not been issued."

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-12-09, 01:52 PM
Gravatar walks in just as the last channel is flipped.

"Wait what was that? Something about a murder?"

UglyPanda
2009-12-09, 08:34 PM
"The chubby-chasing drug lord is dead. Who cares?" says Cross as she chews on a bowl of popcorn that appeared out of thin air.

"Then again, it is in our jurisdiction - which is everywhere. But I'm way more concerned about Rhode Island. There's an awesome brewery there and I refuse to let anyone take it away from me!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-12-09, 08:43 PM
"First off, druglord's not really a good term. He didn't peddle drugs. He peddled super-fattening junk food that was more addictive than crystal meth. There's quite a distinction there. Secondly, I care, I wanna find out the details. So I can congradulate whoever killed the perv."

JeminiZero
2009-12-09, 10:12 PM
Doc Atom

"As much as you might want to congratulate him, its still our solemn duty and all that, to arrest the killer."

OOC: Does no one want to analyze the remains of the metal scorpian? Preferably someone who invested more ranks in Knowledge Tech than Doc Atom's lousy 1 point.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-12-09, 10:14 PM
"Doc, I'm being sarcastic."

smuchmuch
2009-12-10, 04:50 PM
green Hound is currently not at the HQ, the good officer sometime has to be present to his day job to justify his presence on the BCPd payroll.
On the other hand since he has been pretty much stucked on desk duty today and since usualy nobody ever repport anything interersting to the police in this part of town, that leave him plenty of time to keep informed by reading the papers.

Currently he' s having a hard time believing what he just readed. Fifteen murders in one night ? A foreign army on USA soil ? A ball of yarn ?!
One has to wonder what the world is comming to.

Seriously, that Rhode isalnd buisness sound serious and these dead dealers arouse his professional curriosity, so he rereads carrefully the relevant articles

UglyPanda
2009-12-10, 04:56 PM
OOC:
I want to see if everyone else is still playing before I move on with more exposition.

UglyPanda
2009-12-21, 04:04 PM
For the past few hours, an unknown army in black uniforms wearing gas masks has been stationed in Rhode Island. Reports indicate the soldiers aren't doing anything in particular, just waiting around for something to happen.

Fifteen corpses belonging to drug dealers were found in a dumpster last night in Big City. The police's official stance is that they were all shot to death and then shoved into the dumpster.

smuchmuch
2009-12-22, 03:46 PM
During his service James will try to learn more about this mass murder and the officious position of the police on that, by talking with his fellow officiers.

((If a roll is necescary Gather infos: [roll0]))

UglyPanda
2010-01-10, 12:16 PM
Fifteen corpses belonging to drug dealers were found in a dumpster last night in Big City. The police's official stance is that they were all shot to death and then shoved into the dumpster.

The lack of drag marks indicates the criminals were in the alley and shot, then shoved in the dumpster. This indicates that all the criminals were shot at the same time, in the same place. No drugs, drug paraphernalia, or cash was stolen from any of the dead drug dealers.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-10, 03:00 PM
Gravatar paces back and forth in the headquarters. She was trying her best not to look worried, but now there was a definite problem. Sugar Daddy was dead. And likely his formula with him. She didn't think for a minute his goons or his girls were smart enough to replicate it and start producing it again. More likely they'd grab whatever supplies were left and gorge on them until they were like she'd been when she left his mansion, and then start crying because there was no more.

She knew she shouldn't be feeling this way. The guy was a sicko. A pervert who'd locked her up and stuffed her with his confections until she was immobile. And yet...she needed him. She needed his stuff. During her imprisonment she'd become more powerful than ever...but now she'd lost all that power. But no...it was more than that. When she was Sugar Daddy's prisoner, he'd idolized her. He made her feel like she was the most beautiful woman on the planet, even if the majority of the world thought she was weird-looking. She'd stopped thinking about her power, and seeing her body as nothing more than a necessity. She wanted to be big. And with Sugar Daddy dead...she might never be big again.

UglyPanda
2010-01-12, 05:12 PM
"Why are you pacing? You know we have a gym, right?"

"And could someone go handle that bread truck in Algonquin? I know at least one of you has super-strength."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-12, 05:26 PM
"Oh...I'm was just thinking. I'll go to Algonquin. Should I travel by air or goth girl portal?

UglyPanda
2010-01-12, 07:03 PM
"They'd appreciate it if you called them by name."

"BETH!"

A portal opens over to Algonquin.

Overturned Bread Truck on a major road

There are dozens of irate drivers honking to get the other drivers to stop honking.

The truck has rolled onto its side and is blocking three of the lanes. Hundreds upon hundreds of birds are inside the truck, eating as much bread as they can before flying away. As they fly away, they crap on the honking motorists. The cars closest to the truck have turned completely white.

OOC:
Roll a strength check.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-12, 07:56 PM
((Can't I use my gravity powers to lift the thing?))

UglyPanda
2010-01-12, 08:16 PM
OOC:
Then make a strength check using your gravity powers.

Anyone remember what the modifier is?

ChronicLunacy
2010-01-12, 08:43 PM
OOC: Mod for what, exactly? Her gravity powers? I'm pretty sure she can lift anything up to her maximum load (carrying capacity chart, P. 36) without making a check unless there's something actively trying to stop her. Her gravity rank is in place of her strength score for this.

Also, I'm still here. Will be posting soon-ish.

UglyPanda
2010-01-12, 09:22 PM
OOC:
Then what's her maximum load? I'm not sure where her sheet is at the moment.

smuchmuch
2010-01-12, 09:44 PM
OOc

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6592708&postcount=290). (that the updated pl 11 one)

UglyPanda
2010-01-12, 09:52 PM
OOC:
A truck is over 40 tons. Gravatar's capacity is about 26 tons. Gravatar can't lift it.

How is she going to handle it?

ChronicLunacy
2010-01-12, 10:02 PM
OOC: Her effective strength is 55 if she concentrates, which means a max load of 48 tons.

UglyPanda
2010-01-12, 10:11 PM
Gravatar lifts the truck back onto its wheels. Now she just has to wait for the truck driver to return.

smuchmuch
2010-01-14, 07:42 PM
Fifteen.
If it had been two or three victims, James would have mentaly filed that as "probably a score settled and who cares what happens to drug dealers anyway" and wouldn't have bothered with it.
But fifteen in one spot at the same time make for a pretty sarry thing, so it's worth checking out if even just to know who or what is capable of such a thing.

So James thinks he'll check the scene this late evening, way after his shift, by then the forensic crew should be done with it. he'll probably pass by the ECG HQ to learn more about that whole thing on Rhode island is evolving. (Seing as a foreign army on american soil is pretty serious buisness it seems logical to assume that the superhero community will get involved in it at somme point.)

but right now he is very busy dealing with taking depositions. In comparaison, being shot at by ganster and bitten by velociraptors seems almost pleasant, that may go a long way on explaining why he is a superhero in the first place.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-14, 09:02 PM
Gravatar stands around, waiting for the truck's driver. If any of the other drivers want to approach her, now's the time.

UglyPanda
2010-01-14, 10:36 PM
Wherever Green Hound is

The cops are still inspecting the area. It's pretty disgusting, but the police can't figure out any more by simply inspecting the scene. Good old fashioned detective work is necessary.

Truck

The driver shows back up and the angry motorists are honking at Gravatar to get out of the road. A few minutes later, traffic resumes as normal.

HQ

Cross is playing beer pong with Beth, one of the goth girls. Both are losing.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-14, 10:48 PM
Gravatar waits for her ride back to headquarters.

UglyPanda
2010-01-15, 12:18 AM
Truck

A sad and sober goth girl picks up Gravatar, then returns to her game.

HQ

"The higher-ups are telling me that we can't do anything to those *******s in Rhode Island until we get some physical evidence. They're unarmed and all they're doing is hanging out at the Hilton. But those crazed tabloid news channels aren't going to let up until they're out of there."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-15, 02:02 AM
Gravatar decides to check the news online. She had a bit of downtime, and wanted to know what was going on with the shooting.

UglyPanda
2010-01-15, 09:26 PM
The online news is the same as the network news. The conservative websites are panicking over the Rhode Island situation, the celebrity sites are laughing at Star Power again, the liberal websites are panicking over the Superpowered Schools situation, and the moderate websites are panicking over what's going on in New Yemen.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-15, 11:36 PM
Gravatar becomes frustrated, and then her stomach gurgles. She gets up and starts raiding the fridge. She needed something, anything, to keep her mind off Sugar Daddy.

smuchmuch
2010-01-19, 04:44 PM
OOC:

Green Hound is currently at the guardian HQ, he'll go to the crime scene later. Since I said was waiting for the end of his shift and eventual over time (means 8 hours minimum) it should be mid afternoon to early evening, depending when he started this shift and how long it took, i'm leaving free hand to the dm as for the exact time.

Just felt like precising in order to keep a more or less stable timeline in case he has interaction with another PC.

Green Hound

"But do we have any idea why the hell are they here in the first place ? I heard something about tajir leader and a volcano lair." Green Hound asks Cross on the subject of the Rhode situation

UglyPanda
2010-01-22, 03:30 PM
"The guy in charge of that army used to have a sort of underwater geothermal base in the spot Maui used to be. The media kept calling it a secret volcano lair, so we just let them run with it."

OOC:
Anyone there, or is this game dead?

smuchmuch
2010-01-22, 03:43 PM
"Ah ok.and that guy has the money to have is own army ? Please tell me he doesn't have diplomatic immunity as well or somme crap like that. Note that last part was more asked on a conversational tone than anything, ,apparently someone isn't too botheres with not having to fight a whole army.
"On an unrelated topic" and surpisingly enough ,given how this phrase is usualy used in conversations, what follows is indeed on an completly unrelated topic ", do you know if the guardians keeps a database listing all rescensed supers it's members may have heard off or met and their powers ? If such a thing exists, I might want to take a look for an enquiry I'm currently on."

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-22, 07:55 PM
OOC: I'm still here.

ChronicLunacy
2010-01-22, 10:55 PM

OOC: Still here, just a bit lost at the moment. Would someone please indulge me as to the possible plot hooks that I may attempt to grab at?

UglyPanda
2010-01-22, 11:02 PM
OOC:
There are a bunch of military-garbed individuals in Rhode Island. Nobody knows why they're there, but they're not breaking any laws yet.

Debates continue in D.C. about private schools for superpowered individuals.

The drug dealer in Gravatar's mid-story is dead.

Fifteen drug dealers were shot to death in an alley in Big City.

There is yet another valuable new piece of scientific technology.

A former teenage superhero continues to set a bad example for young women.

UglyPanda
2010-01-29, 08:23 PM
OOC:
This game is dead. No denying it.

Anyone want me to say what the overarc-ing plot was?

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-29, 08:32 PM
I'd like that, yes. Sad to see it go though. :smallfrown:

UglyPanda
2010-01-29, 08:54 PM
Main antagonist:The main antagonist was a dimension-traveler, let's just call him John. John was a superhero from a dead Earth. Somehow, and at great cost, he managed to make it to an alternate Earth and hoped to save it from its terrible fate. He failed. He went to a different planet, only to fail again, and again, and again. The absolute worst part of it was, the apocalypse was never even consistent. Sometime it was because of an alien invasion, other times it was just Supervillains taking over, and one time a Nazi planet nuked itself into oblivion. Over time, he got a little crazy, so he figured "Screw it, I'm experimenting!".

John managed to make it to the game's universe (let's call it Earth-31). John's plan was to test to heroes of Earth-31, and if it failed, simply kill them all and let the supervillains protect the planet. To this aim, he recruited/coerced over a dozen supervillains just to see how well the heroes would respond. He didn't really care if most of them were captured, because he still had the more powerful ones on his side*. At the end, he decided to just start trying to kill you. And he failed.

John's backup plan was quite complicated in comparison. Upon his arrival, John had ratted out Madame Bianchi's son, making it difficult for Madame Bianchi to run her main business of selling drugs. John was trying to put as much cheap Uber on the streets as possible in the hopes of increasing the percentage of humans with abilities, in the hopes that a stronger populace could protect the planet. This plan entailed killing off dozens of drug dealers and attempting to steer superheroes into Heuvos Muerte, where his chief competitors made their products. This was also why he killed Sugar Daddy, he didn't want competitors.

His newest plan was to simply steal the DNA of as many superheroes as possible and create his own army of super-clones. The twins at the DNA scanner were clones and the metal scorpion was designed to copy the DNA data off of the scanner.

*Dr. Occult, Plastic Surgeon, the illusionist girl with the scars, and he would eventually recruit the cheese man if you never talked to him.Plot hooks & Misc:The villain with the island lair was previously trying to excavate Vox technology in the ruins of Maui. Possession of Vox technology would have resulted in the Vox turning Earth into a burnt-out-husk. Rhode Island also carries a piece of Vox technology. It would've been your job to stop him.

The metal scorpion was meant to steal DNA samples.

The "pulling teeth" trick Plastic Surgeon did was actually because he wanted a blood sample of our heroes. It wasn't a gag, he just wanted your blood.

Sugar Daddy was killed because he was a competitor to John's new business.

The "goth girls" are actually the same person from different alternate (and destroyed) universes. Their power comes from the fact that they don't belong to this world, so they can enter and leave at will.

Cross was a girl. The Cross stands for Cross-dresser.

John was the one who entered the Stillwater Building on the night of the monster attacks. Plastic Surgeon was already working for him by that time.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-29, 09:20 PM
Wait, so he was pulling OUR teeth? I thought he was just pulling them out of the dinosaurs!

UglyPanda
2010-01-29, 09:34 PM
He was pulling the dinosaur's teeth. The dinosaurs bit several of you. The teeth were specially-designed for this purpose. Plastic Surgeon didn't even know they were using dinosaurs and simply thought they were cool.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-29, 10:16 PM
OH! Now I gotcha. So what will you do now, UglyPanda?

UglyPanda
2010-01-29, 10:21 PM
Nap, try to actually play in something rather than run something.

I have the overwhelming urge to play in something, anything, that would allow me to have a neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon. That urge would probably subside after five minutes of actual play.

smuchmuch
2010-02-01, 05:51 PM
Oh didn't saw you had stopped the game.
And that whole overrching plot is so different from what i was thinking it would be (I though it was somthing linked to the guardian past with an anti super thing going on on the background). You really had me going there

Well thanks for the game anyway. It was really fun while it lasted.