PDA

View Full Version : My homebrewed world on Youtube.

Pika...
2009-11-07, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guDNXY_-PNo

So I finally uploaded the homebrewed setting I have been working on for two years almost on Youtube.

I am not really sure what the point was, or waht good it really is, though. LoL.

Any possible uses for this thing?

Ozreth
2009-11-07, 01:34 AM
dammit....i was actually kind of excited to watch...

Pika...
2009-11-07, 01:37 AM
dammit....i was actually kind of excited to watch...

I am sorry to disappoint. :smallfrown:

OracleofWuffing
2009-11-07, 01:42 AM
Uh... Have someone in your world develop motion pictures, run some filters through it, and show it off as a feelie when your PCs return the MacGuffin?

Quietus
2009-11-07, 01:54 AM
Expand the movie, and focus in on a particular zone - even if it's just highlighted with a pointing arrow. Have a spellcasting NPC say "We need X from location Y, it's located here", then show that?

Ozreth
2009-11-07, 02:25 AM
I am sorry to disappoint. :smallfrown:

unless i missed something, it is kind of a joke right?

Chrono22
2009-11-07, 02:30 AM
What did you use to make it?

Tokiko Mima
2009-11-07, 02:48 AM
Expand the movie, and focus in on a particular zone - even if it's just highlighted with a pointing arrow. Have a spellcasting NPC say "We need X from location Y, it's located here", then show that?

Yes, then draw a red dotted lone on the movie that zigzags it's way along rivers, past islands, and right to the destination.

Then cue the Indiana Jones theme music as the line is drawn. Afterwards, remark to your players that this seemed like more fun than a random encounter. :smallsmile:

Pika...
2009-11-07, 03:05 AM
unless i missed something, it is kind of a joke right?

Well, it's not really that great in the globe view in hindsight. :/

Here it is normally:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/PlanetofOrigin.png

What did you use to make it?

I used Fractal Mapper:
http://www.nbos.com/products/mapper/mapper.htm

A great program. Highly recommend it.

Thespianus
2009-11-07, 06:55 AM
I hope I am correct in assuming that you've done more work than what's visible in that video? :)

It would be an amazing undertaking to create a whole gaming world, so I bet there's tons of detail that we can't see on that video. :)

taltamir
2009-11-07, 07:04 AM
That is an impressive map pika.
it is very impressive that you converted said map into a globe animation too, but it is fairly hard to see much details on it due to size.

Pika...
2009-11-07, 07:14 AM
I hope I am correct in assuming that you've done more work than what's visible in that video? :)

It would be an amazing undertaking to create a whole gaming world, so I bet there's tons of detail that we can't see on that video. :)

Well, the program lets me make submaps of the larger map I have posted above.

Currently my "home" continent is the littler one attached by a land bridge to the bigger one shown above.

I have spent a fair part of a year working on and detailing it (adding land masses, settlements, river systems, political boarders, etc, etc), but I am currently still on it's bottom half. :smallfrown:

Although I do have quite a bit of the upper half of the "home" continent's worked out in my head.

I also have a few islands worked out, a kingdom in the bigger continent connected by the land bridge (a vampire nation), the major powers in the continental passing (the classic allied Dwarf clans, and the Goblin hoards who have fought them since ages past), and one of the bottom island chains I will making Oriental Adventures with a small twist (It is in ruins, due to Humans destroying each other, and everything else).

I will see if I can make a map atlas of the southern half. Might be a bit big.

ps. Oh yeah, and it is supposed to be a "water world", hence only two big continents, and mostly big island chains for PCs to sail through. I intend to make much use of the Arms & Equipment Guide ship rules.

Pika...
2009-11-07, 08:05 AM
http://celestialkin.angelfire.com/SouthernFlanesNov7.htm

Here is a quckie (well, turned out not so quick...) version of it. I need to overlook it, and fix all my hyperlinks and such, hence a lot of settlements missing links, pictures, and text.

Will work on it within the next few days.

Note:
This is a "player's version". There might or might not be a lot of "secret" stuff spread across there. :smalltongue: