PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Destiny

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-07, 08:10 AM
Pure chaos. That was all it was, swarms of strange creatures and unusual accidents have plagued the expedition from the beginning, and now you are running for your life. A bit of quick thinking and ingenuity allowed you to escape the carnage left behind.

You enter a new cavern as a mist rises reducing visibility to zero. A shadow appears in the mist. "you have been chosen" it says before your world goes black.

You awake in a hexagonal room with a strange violet globe in the center. Puddles of clear slime dot the room and a single stone statue faces away. Other people are at each corner of the room, also just waking by the looks of it.

Put any OOC in a spoiler rather than a different thread. Use the thread roller, i'll be making rolls in secret.

Ryuuk
2009-11-07, 09:06 AM
Seri

OOC:
Binding check for Focalor [roll0], to see if serís udner his influence.

Also, just a pair of question, could I spend 100 of the gp I have left on a Least Crystal of Illumination (MIC, Weapon Crystal, light as the spell in a 10ft range while slotted)? Also, Seri would have spent her whole life amongst ogres, harpies and hags, I'm assuming that the creatures that attacked us where much more uncommon then these or the citizens of Draoom?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-07, 09:58 AM
OOC
Yes and Yes

Evil the Cat
2009-11-07, 11:26 AM
Volanth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=164450)

*I take a moment to clear my head before trying to get my bearings. I quickly look around the room for immediate threats, and activate Hunter's Stance*

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-07, 12:04 PM
The cavern seems to be devoid of any threat, and you recognize those in the room as others hired for the expedition. You do hear a slight clicking coming from the globe in the center of the room, as well as a groan of pain.

Ryuuk
2009-11-07, 12:11 PM
Seri

Seri slowly picks herself up, her eyes scanning the room. She's of average height for a human, with long black hair which seems to receive minimal care. Though she wears armor and carries a weapon and shield, she also wears various necklaces, bracelets and earring, all with strange symbols and made of rather unorthodox materials. She mutters a few words in a strange tongue on behalf of those from the caravan that weren't 'chosen'. Que la vida del debil alimente al fuerte, su essencia seguira en ellos.

Her eyes land on the strange globe in the center of the room. She tries to remember if she's ever seen anything like that with Mother, and steps closer to get a better look.

She spoke in Giant, translation: "Let the lifes of the weak feed the strong, their essence will live on within them."

Knowledge: Arcane on the Globe: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-07, 12:28 PM
You recognize it vaguely as a tool of the some planar entity and know that it's dangerous to enter it but otherwise remember nothing more. Upon closer inspection, you see a shadow of a creature trying to claw its way out weakly. It is small and groans in pain.

Scow2
2009-11-07, 01:13 PM
Davian HAWKSTAR!

The half-elven bardic paladin snaps awake when his stamina returns, then quickly hops to his feet. He wastes no time assessing the situation, looking around the room and listening carefully for anything out of the ordinary, using the bright light of the protective wards of his holy shield for illumination.

If the coast is clear, he does a quick equipment check, finding all his adventuring gear beyond his sword, bow, armor, shield, clothes, kazoo, and heroic cape missing, most likely lost in the chaos preceding loss of consciousness.

He finds it odd that the only thing he can remember with any degree of clarity from the chaos was the voice declaring him "Chosen", and isn't sure what to make of it, but assumes it has something to do with the current situation.

"Everyone else okay? Declare yourself if you are here. If anyon needs medical attention, let me know. Davian Hawkstar!" he says, trying to assess the situation with the expedition members who also made it to this unusual cavern.

His shield, being magical, sheds light like a torch: 20-ft bright light, 20 more shadowy illumination for a total of 40 ft, both doubled for Davian's Low-Light vision for 40 ft bright, 80 ft shadowy illumination.

I'm saying he lost his non-combat gear because I'm too lazy to shop for it... Still have the money it would be worth though.

I'm not sure if you want me to make the Awareness rolls or if you'd rather make them seperately (Though I'm, pretty sure there is nothing to see that isn't obvious already in a metagame sense, I must act in character!)

Spot Check: [roll0]
Listen Check: [roll1]

Evil the Cat
2009-11-07, 01:38 PM

* Volanth stands up from his previous, almost crouching position.*

Volanth stands 6' tall, and is solidly built. He wears a very loose light tan outfit, reminiscent of nomads. Cloth wraps about his head, and the lower half of his face. A wide leather belt with a shoulder strap supports a falchion on one side, with a large flail on the other. What can be seen of his face is both masculine, and at the same time delicate, perhaps reminiscent of elven blood.

I am Volanth. I seem to be unharmed, aside from being suddenly brought here against my will.

Ryuuk
2009-11-07, 05:19 PM
Seri

Seri looks around as at the others after the half elf speaks up. 'Hawkstar' didn't seem to be around , or he would have surely answered his summons. After a few seconds, she answers, "My condolence, it looks like Davian didn't make it." in a dismissive tone. She's digging around her pockets and has her eyes back on the globe before she finishes the sentence. In the same tone she adds. "I was given the name Seri... and it looks like I'll go another day without any new scars. Lucky, isn't it?"

When she finally finds a peeble or a similar object, hse carefully tosses it towards the globe, watching the results with anticipation. If it simply bounces off, she'll draw closer still and tap it with her hatchet.

chilepepper
2009-11-07, 05:40 PM
Jecht

Jecht stands slowly, always assessing his surrounding. The small kobold slinks back to the edge of the room, instinctively putting the wall to his back. Seeing only those he previously knew to be allies, he relaxes a little.

He walks up to the globe in the center, and looks, trying to recall anything similar to it in the infernal texts he once studied.

[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-07, 05:49 PM
Seri
The pebble hits and bounces back, a slight ripple going through the globe but otherwise remaining still.

As you touch it with your hatchet it tears and a creature, seemingly made entirely of bone, falls out. It appears to be breathing, marking it as not undead, and moans slightly before whispering "thank you" and falling unconscious.

The creature is hunchbacked, a row of short spikes running down its back. A thin tail trails behind it ending on a long blade-like protrusion. Its arms end in claws and its form is relatively humanoid otherwise. Closer inspection reveals a thin layer of skin that is chalk white stretched over its body.

Looking inside the globe you see a mangled set of peasant's clothing and what looked like a pile of lizard-like skin.

OOCJecht figures the same as Seri did with her result.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 01:27 AM

That's a disturbing sight. Does anybody have any idea what that thing is?

* I take a few steps closer in order to get a better look at the creature.

Knowledge check to see if I have any idea what it is. You can check my sheet to see if I have any applicable knowledges, and the bonus.
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 02:04 AM
The creature is like none you have seen before, its entire structure is foreign but you are able to deduce that it is an aberration of some kind. The creature sleeps rather soundly, curled up in a way reminicent of a cat. The pain it had been feeling inside the globe seems to have ended, only its chest's movement and slightly twitching tail indicate its alive.

Ryuuk
2009-11-08, 02:27 AM
Seri

Seri nods at the creature, smiling, as it collapses. She goes over to the creature and kneels down, hopping to get a better look at his condition. "Disturbing, yes... just imagine, if we hadn't arrived to free him? Trapped at someone mercy forever." She puts her hatchet away and, while turning to the half elf, runs her hand down the creatures spines. "He may need some help."

Knowledge Arcane: [roll0] though I think I may need Dungeoneering,

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 03:39 AM
Some features on the creature seem almost artificial, like they were added to it, while others look twisted and misshapen. It seems to have been created from something else. You cannot identify exactly what but you have heard of certain spells that could accomplish this sort of result, powerful transmutations and strange rituals that can "better" existing creatures. This looks like the result of an incomplete casting of such a spell.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-08, 06:50 AM
Terrox

Taking longer than others to wake up, his eyes open but his vision is blurry. "Where am I?" He mutters to himself, trying to pull together the recollection of his past events.

Looking around the room he sees others, but hesitant to say anything he wanders towards the middle of the room. For some reason that he will probably never figure out the meaning of, his hands are drawn to the orb and he places them, palm down, on either side of the orb and looks at the creature within.

((Sorry for the delay, I didn't know the IC thread was up ^^))

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 08:51 AM
Volanth

I would say this is most likely an Aberration of some kind. It does not conform to normal standards found in life, even altered forms. I am forced to wonder, why would such a creature be held in such confinement. While I do indeed sympathize with such an unpleasant situation.

* His eyes grow distant. He pauses for a few seconds, seemingly lost in thought, before continuing.

While it's plight was indeed horrific, we cannot help but wonder why it was confined, and indeed that it may have been confined for good reason, and recognize that this creature may actually be dangerous.

This may be a very bad idea, but I will use mindlink (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindlink.htm) on the creature. Since its asleep, it should be auto-willing.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 11:06 AM
Terrox
Inside the sphere, you find a pile of what looks oddly like lizard skin, upon closer inspection you find there are no skales and are disgusted to find what looks like it could have been a human face at the top of the pile.

Volanth
Surprisingly, the mindlink reveals a mind that "feels" similar to that of a human, which confuses you significantly. Its mind seems resistant to any attempt to find out more and the link rapidly decays. A single image floats to your mind as this happens and you see a swirling mass of images and hear screaming as blood sprays into the air then it ends.

OOCEvil the cat roll a Will save to see if you are shaken by the image

I rolled a spot check for Terrox and most of the other players, you were the only one to spot this little shocker.

Woodsman
2009-11-08, 11:10 AM
Colvin

Colvin awakes and notices the creature. He tries to identify it, calling on his two greatest subjects

OOC:Knowledge (Arcana):[roll0]
Knowledge (The Planes):[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 11:29 AM
With your knowledge of the arcane, you are able to garner a bit of information on the transformation as a ritualistic spell that went only half finished. The ritual is meant to turn an ordinary creature (commonly an animal although more malevolent creatures use humanoids) into an easily controlled servant or bodyguard. You are not sure as to the effects of an incomplete transformation such as this and its effects on the creature. You conclude that it was once some common humanoid, like a human or elf, although its stature could easily be related to a gnome or halfling.

Ryuuk
2009-11-08, 11:32 AM
Seri

"He was thankful, that's already puts this... Aberration... higher then some of those with 'pure blood' that I've met." She looks over the poor creature one last time before standing up and flourishing her hatchet. "I could lob of a head if you need to feel safe, who knows, it may even be merciful... The Fleshweaver of Droaam would be proud of this."

She spots the statue. Not waiting for an answer, she goes to see if bears Mordain's likeness. Well, the likeness she was told off. He probably wouldn't keep one for long.

Just a format I use, if there's no quotation marks and in itallics, then its thought.

Woodsman
2009-11-08, 11:39 AM
Colvin

Colvin suddenly announces, "Doubtful this poor creature was willing to undergo a transformation like this. The ritual wasn't finished, so I don't know if it's willing to serve whoever was tranforming it or not. We should wait for it to awaken and see what it does then."

Scow2
2009-11-08, 11:54 AM
Davian Hawkstar

Though the other party members were quick to accept the abberation, Davian Hawkstar wasn't so quick to dismiss such an unusual-looking creature as anything more than gracious for its freedom. Even the foulest creatures of Darkness would thank their savior from torture, even if it intended to kill them in a matter of minutes anyway.

Without voicing his suspicions, to avoid either reflecting poorly on himself or the unproven beast, he focuses his mind on the creature, using his divine vision to make sure the creature the party was so quick to support wasn't actually a minion of darkness in disguise.

Using my paladin Detect Evil ability, from halfway between my starting corner and the center of the room, facing the creature. Even if the creature is not evil, the area should also detect traces of evil in front of me in a 90o cone.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 12:16 PM
Volanth

Will Save:
I use Moment of Perfect Mind to make a concentration check instead of a Will save.

[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 12:56 PM
Volanth
You manage to keep your fear in check from what could possibly have been the creatures last sights before it fell unconscious. The image was disturbing and you feel slightly disturbed that someone would put anything through that kind of experience.

Davian
You detect no evil from the creature, however, the orb it was in radiate a moderate aura of evil that sends a chill down your spine. The transformation Colvin spoke of obviously being involuntary from this small bit of information. You also detect a faint aura of evil from the statue Seri is approaching.

Seri
The statue is an elf of some kind, dressed in elaborate robes and a book held under its arm. Strangely, the entire statue is stone except the book. The staue depicts a smirk on the elf's face and a look that gave off an eerie aura of malevolence even if it is only a statue. It appears to be a rendition of someone walking away in triumph.

As this goes on, the creature stirs and tears pour from its closed eyes as it begins to shift uncomfortably.

Scow2
2009-11-08, 01:17 PM
Davian Hawkstar

Detecting the malevolent aura of the statue out of his peripherial vision, Davian shouted a warning to his ally approaching the statue, "Hold up, Seri! The statue radiates supernatural evil." Immediately after his warning, he proceeds to add, "Don't touch the book, either... Though it's not tainted, it could be a trap. In case anyone's not sure, that orb in the center of the room is undeniably evil," he adds as an afterthought, and, accepting it as such himself, decides to come over himself to investigate the statue. Subtle evils were often far more dangerous than the obvious ones such as the orb.

chilepepper
2009-11-08, 01:50 PM
Jecht

The word 'trap' perks Jecht's interest. He slowly approaches and studies the book.

Search [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 02:01 PM
You find a small quick release connected to the book, mostly hidden from view, it looks a little excessive for a common book, it consists of a small slot connected to the quick release. The book itself has no visible traps and the statue has three mechanisms on it; the left arm has a very subtle joint indicating it could be moved, an eye looks like it could be a trigger if pressed, and the right ear looks like it could be used as a lever.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 05:43 PM
After staring off into space shocked for a few moments, Volanth speaks:

This... creature. It has suffered greatly, perhaps been tortured. I.. what may have been it's last moments before being... changed. I think it may have once been human.

Woodsman
2009-11-08, 07:22 PM
Colvin

"Well, not human, but certainly humanoid. I'd say it's more likely he was a gnome," Colvin tells Volanth.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-08, 07:38 PM
Terrox

Undeniably shaken by what he sees in the room, Terrox walks over to the statue, book and then the orb in turn and sees if there is any distinct visual connection between all three.

"What I see is that the creature once had lizard skin, yet with no scales. It still looked humanoid to me, however." He stops to think for a moment. "Whatever happened to this creature it must have been interrupted part way through. If we were to release it, perhaps the method as to how is in that book? Or we simply destroy the orb."

chilepepper
2009-11-08, 07:54 PM
Jecht

((copied for reference))
You find a small quick release connected to the book, mostly hidden from view, it looks a little excessive for a common book, it consists of a small slot connected to the quick release. The book itself has no visible traps and the statue has three mechanisms on it; the left arm has a very subtle joint indicating it could be moved, an eye looks like it could be a trigger if pressed, and the right ear looks like it could be used as a lever.

After explaining what I've found and pointing each out; Jecht asks, "Normally, I'd just go to work on these, but since we're all in a confined space I reckon I should ask before proceeding. A botched disarm I could deal with, half a dozen pissed off mates like you I'd have a problem with."

Ryuuk
2009-11-08, 08:04 PM
Seri

Perhaps it was placed to commemorate a successful modification... Placed a tad too early? Maybe it does have something to do with the fleshweaver... She takes a step back from the statue as Volanth warns, paying little attention to his own examination. She goes back to the creature. As theories fly, she adds her own. "Maybe he just changed in a way akin to a snake. Shedding layer after layer losing a bit of his old self each time.". She says this nonchalantly, as if it were a common occurrence. "The book sounds good, who wants to read it first?" With a peculiar smile, she looks at each of her fellow 'chosen'. If no one acts, she pick up the book with little care and skim it. If someone wishes to see it first, she stands behind him and looks over his shoulder as he does.

Or not

As Jecht explains, she gets closer to the book to try to spot the trigger, without touching it. "...and its important enough to be trapped, now I need to read it. Or it's just bait... If it where up to me, I'd tell you to go ahead."

Scow2
2009-11-08, 08:37 PM
Davian Hawkstar

"I'd advise waiting for us to get out of the room before tinkering with that thing, though I might stick around to help," Davian answered Jecht. "As for the orb... I suggest taking care reading anything, because of the pervasive nature of darkness."

With the area secure, and the evils of the place recognized for what they are, Davian headed over to check out the creature expelled from the foul orb itself, checking for injuries. If he found any indication of physical harm, he'd bathe his hand in healing blue light to ease the creature's suffering. Since it was not evil, it was his duty as a servant of justice to heal it.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-08, 08:52 PM
You see only minor injuries caused by the creatures fall, when trying to heal it, it actually screams in an unearthly tone as its bone-like exoskeleton blackens and it jumps back fully aware of its surroundings and looking around fearfully. When it sees your small group it calms slightl but backs to a corner, walking on all fours. The blackened mark where your hand had ested fading back to white.

He eases slightly and asks in a rasping voice, "who are you?" he seems cautious, you guess that has to do with what he had experienced.

OOCYes, he is damaged by positive energy.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 11:38 PM
Volanth

I am Volanth. I apologize if my companion accidentally caused you discomfort. We bear you no ill will. In fact, at this point, I must say, we are all quite curious as to your nature. Your mind feels human, yet you appear to be some sort of aberration. I sense that you have endured great suffering.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-09, 05:29 AM
Terrox

While the others are communicating with the creature he will search around the walls of the room to see if there is any way out of this place.

He looks over to Colvin and smiles, "If you're not sure you want to tamper with the book, I can attempt to work with it. I've had a lot of experience with traps also. I'm definitely interested in what is between the covers."

OOC:
I've changed my text colour to dark green to avoid any confusion.

Search: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion: [roll1] would this creature be similar to the Deathless undead?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-09, 06:20 AM
Volanth
"My name is Velik, i was an elf some time ago, but those illithid had some ideas for one of my kind. They, they used some kind of potion at first, ihad no choice but to take it. After about a year they dragged me to their breeding chamber, they were going to turn me into an illithid, but their elder brain had other ideas, i don't know what happened after the ritual started, but the experience is something i wouldn't wish on even my worst enemy."

Terrox
You find a single passage out, it looks like a battle was fought here some time ago.

You can't guess if Velik is undead or deathless, only that his physiology is somehow reverse that of most living creatures.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-09, 07:41 AM
Terrox

"I've found a way out of here after we've decided what we're going to do." He explains to the others about the passageway he has found and points out the sound of battle.

Terrox then walks over to the orb and asks the creature a blunt but important question. "If it is indeed possible to free you from this place, would you want us to and do you know how to go about it? Likewise, what would you do if we did?"

Sense Motive on any reply that Velik gives (if he does), using 1 Insp point to boost it. [roll0]

Scow2
2009-11-09, 09:27 AM
Davian Hawkstar

"My deepest apologies for unintentionally harming you, Velik. My touch had the opposite effect of intent. I am Davian Hawkstar, paladin and Bard, sworn to uphold the right to life for all." Davian apologizes profusely, partially confused by the effect positive energy had on the creature's body. Perhaps his ability to detect evil wasn't as failsafe in identifying the undead as well... though it freely detected the neutral, mindless undead, it must not apply to those neutral or better of their own free will.

OOC:

[If he were Deathless, he'd be healed by positive energy, since that is the type that holds him together.]
"Like living creatures, Deathless are harmed by negative energy and healed by positive energy"

Evil the Cat
2009-11-09, 09:37 AM
Volanth

While at this point I am unsure as to whether or not anything could be done to return to your original form, we may be able to at least set you free from this place. Though, like Terrox, I am curious as to what your intentions would be should you be set free. Your mind is troubled, and could lead you down a dangerous path.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-09, 03:48 PM
"I, I know what has happened." his voice sounds distinctly more human now, and he comes slightly closer, no ill intent comes from him "Or, at least, what they intended, they wanted a creatures that could be sent to the lower dungeons, there are these crystals that radiate negative energy. They used one in the ritual. They didn't want an undead creature, either, as they cannot be created or controlled through psionics, they turned me into this. I have been trapped here for over a month if my count is right. They had only started the ritual that would have stripped me of my humanity in mind, my will was able to save me from the initial effects of insanity that affected many of their other creations. I know the way around here, and could aid you in getting out."

He hops through the hole in the pod after grabbing the remains of his old clothing and a backpack. "There is a magical seal on my pack, could someone help me unseal it? It has some useful equipment in it."

OOCTerrox does sense he is hiding something, but you also detect it won't be of any danger to you or your ally. He speaks more to Davian and Volanth in this dialogue.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-09, 04:46 PM
Terrox

"I hope that whatever has been done to you can be reversed. I wouldn't wish such a fate upon anyone; not even my mortal enemies. Who put the seal on your pack, was it you or someone else?"

Terrox will look at the seal without taking the backpack. If he recognises the seal to be harmless or safe-until-tampered-with he will take the pack and try his best to 'disarm' the seal.

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Disable Device: (if applicable) with 1 Insp Point [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-09, 05:10 PM
The seal seems to be an arcane lock spell cast by a fairly good mage, but they also used something to reinforce the pack so it can't be torn. You determine a knock or dispel magic should allow you to open the pack.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-09, 05:26 PM
Terrox

"Does anyone have the appropriate magic available to them to unlock this pack? It seems to have an Arcane Lock cast upon it. Dispelling it would be ideal, if possible. I could see to it myself but it would take time and a resting period. It's also warded against being torn, so we won't be able to get into it by any mundane means either."

Ryuuk
2009-11-09, 07:37 PM
Seri

Terrox and Volanth's words rang in Seri's ears. She simply gave them both a cold gaze while feigning attention to the statue and the book. Who were they to judge intentions? Would deny his freedom just because he was 'damaged'? Because he was 'Aberrant'?

If the kobold is still working on the statue, she'll take a moment to peer down the only way out to see just what kind of battle was fought.

chilepepper
2009-11-09, 08:43 PM
((the kobold is studying the statue, waiting patiently for the room to clear before beginning work))

Evil the Cat
2009-11-09, 08:53 PM
Volanth

I would not seek to deny him his freedom, however, he has suffered great trauma. It would be incautious to not ask his intentions beforehand. Regardless of what they may be, I would still most likely grant him his freedom, as nobody deserves what he has been through. A single pebble can send hidden ripples to even the farthest reaches of the world. I seek merely to anticipate the consequences of my actions.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-09, 09:31 PM
Seri
You find several skeletons, mostly illithid, and the twisted remains of their "breeding projects". You also find dwarf and elf skeletons, some with missing limbs, but one thing stands out of every other corpse a rotting carcass of a long wormlike creature with four tentacle slayed from its gaping maw. Its stomach is visble, a large brain half-digested, half-decayed spliting it open.

Scow2
2009-11-09, 09:32 PM
Davian Hawkstar

While listening to the others question what to do with the Aberration, Davian Hawkstar ensured he looked at it and addresses it personally with his opinion. "Please pardon my companions for their bewilderment," he said, trying not to sound as condescending as he felt the others were to the creature's plight.

"That said, I request that you stay with us, even if you'd be inclined otherwise. As you said yourself, your mind has been afflicted by the dark ritual, and may have impaired your judgement. It would be just as irresponsible for us to let you 'go free' if your will is not truly your own as you wish it. That said, we will do what we can to restore you," Davian monologued, his opinion balancing the inner conflict between upholding his Paladin Code by protecting Velik's free will, and also upholding the vow to prevent such free will from being corrupted by more sinister means.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-10, 03:31 PM
He nods "there's no way to reverse the change once completed, i'm not sure about before its completion but it's the only chance i have of being normal again. I will aid in any way possible."

Ryuuk
2009-11-10, 05:31 PM
Seri

Seri had been listening half heartedly while she tried to make some sense from what she was seeing down the passage. "Well, if you´re so eager to help, how about a quick question? Do you have any idea what caused all of this?" She points to the passage. "It looks like there were no victors, just a slaughter... one caused by someone blind to the notions of friend or foe..." She steps into the passage carefully, slotting one of her charms onto her hatchet to turn it into a weak lantern.

"While we´re at it, why don´t we step outside and take in the atmosphere while our little friend checks the book."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-10, 06:46 PM
Velik walks on all fours out into the corridor to see the slaughter. "A neothilid," he says in awe, "i have heard of such creatures attacking those they would have become but i had no idea the true extent, it even ate the elder brain. My guess is that, after eating the elder brain, the neothilid was overwhelmed by the influx of psionic energy causing it to send out a mental backlash. These other bodies belonged to duegars and drow most likely."

Woodsman
2009-11-10, 06:57 PM
Colvin

"Excuse me, but just what the Hell is a 'neolithid'?" Colvin asks bluntly.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-10, 07:04 PM
"It's the result of one the tadpoles used to create an illithid getting out and feeding on brains directly, they are far more dangerous than your average illithid and have been known to destroy entire contries." Velik explains, standing straight for the first time, he is nearly a head taller than the tallest of you and looks far more human when standing than when crouching. "They are the bane of all illithids feeding on their psionically active brains is far more pallatable to them than others, by what i overheard anyway."

Ryuuk
2009-11-10, 08:02 PM
Seri

Impressed, Seri gives Velik and knowing smirk. "My, my, who would have guessed the daelkyr spawns would be so talkative with their captives. You know quite a lot about the illithids, don't you?"

"So we're trapped here with this 'monster'... How long ago did would you say this mess happened, do you think it might still be close by?"

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-10, 08:25 PM
"I have travelled these depths for years, i even had a symbiont for a time. I have studied the ways of aberrations heavily in order to better fight them. I have also studied psionics, the primary weapon of my most common opponents. i'm not sure i still possess my old abilities, they used a choker that kept me from creating my mindblade or using my own powers.

As to your question, i cannot be sure, aberrations degrade differently and neothilids and elder brains have a very low decay rate, which is why there isn't a smell. I can tell you it was probably over a month ago, since that is when my transformation began and the neothilid had not yet attacked."

OOCVelik is a 3rd level gestalt ranger//soulknife (a variant from dreamscarredpress) that uses the hidden talent variant from the WotC web enhancement, you'll see more on this later.

Scow2
2009-11-10, 08:43 PM
Davian Hawkstar
The Bardic Paladin stood silent, having nothing more to say at the moment. He listened intently to the conversation, sorting out anything that might prove useful. However, as there seemed to be no evident threats, he had no desire to keep a high profile, at least not for the moment. Oh, how he hated the subterranian world...

Evil the Cat
2009-11-10, 08:57 PM
Volanth

If we're trapped in with one of them, we'd best be very alert. We should enter the tunnel while the mechanism in the book is dealt with, in case of major traps.

* I head into the tunnel, going down a bit farther than most, and taking up a guard position, in case something comes down the corridor. I will be staying in Hunter's Stance.

OOC: Do I know anything about neothilids that he hasn't told us?
Knowledge Psionics Check: [roll0]

I have the same modifier on dungeoneering if you'd prefer.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-10, 09:11 PM
You recall that neothilids have an acidic breath weapon and that their is a legend about the glands that produce the acid, although you can't remember the full details. You also remember that neothilids rarely stay in an area with another neothilid.

OOCHere's a reminder and a hint, i encourage ingenuity and thinking outside the box.

chilepepper
2009-11-10, 10:17 PM
Jecht

Jecht grabs some bits of rubble to wedge the trigger, keeping it immobile once the tome is removed. Pulling out his bundle of tools, he carefully secures everything before cutting the book free and removing it.

Disable Device [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-10, 11:03 PM
You manage to pull the book free and wedge the rubble without activating any traps. The book is thick and heavier than you expected, inspection shows that the pages are made of bone and is bound in metal painted to look like leather. A look inside reveals diagrams and slanted writing in an odd language you can't identify.

chilepepper
2009-11-10, 11:33 PM
Jecht

Jecht does not open the book, but does study it for a moment before passing it on to whomever takes it.

Using Detect magic for the full three rounds.
Spellcraft [roll0]
If I find anything, I'll relate that as I hand the book over.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-11, 08:29 AM
Terrox

Willingly stepping out into the corridor he keeps an eye on their new aquaintence. He moves up to Volanth and whispers in his ear.

"Do we know what these Neothilids even look like?" He mutters, having taken in all the information and drawn a possible conclusion. "As far as we know, this being could be one of them. It wasn't as if he was trapped where he was, he was free to go if he pleased, and nothing was holding him back. Maybe the other Illithids were keeping him here out of their own safety rather than experiments. Call me a cynic, but something that can slaughter things with relative ease isn't really something I'd like to be travelling with. I sensed he was hiding something before when he was telling us about himself, so maybe this is it." Taking a deep breath, he sighs. "If illithid brains are the only thing he is interested in then we may be safer than I assume, but I'd rather not be lulled into a false sense of security."

((OOC: Sorry for the seeming 'lack' of posting. My timezone obviously clashes with you guys so when I'm asleep you're all awake posting :smallwink:))

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-11, 10:21 AM
"You know i can hear you, right?" Velik says while looking around, "i asure you i am not a threat to you and i do not eat brains. If you want proof of a neothilid look farther down the corridor."

Evil the Cat
2009-11-11, 11:45 AM
Volanth

Was my check high enough to have an idea what neothelids look like physically?

Ryuuk
2009-11-11, 02:26 PM
Seri

Seri quickly grabs the book when Jecht passes it on. Odds are it wouldn't be written in common or giant, but such a trinket would surely be of some use. She skims through the pages, looking over each diagram in hope of finding any similarities to the signs and seals of the shadows she knew so well. she steps out of the chamber still carrying and reading the book.

She gaffaws at Velnik's reply. "Maybe your hearing turned out a winner from the change." She takes her eyes off the book to turn and look further down the corridor.

Assuming there's no neolithid creeping towards us, she'll add, "Well, this place seems barren except for the bodies. I honestly don't know how we got here, but I'd like to worry about that after getting away from any country killing daelkyr spawn." She says all this while while flipping through the bone pages. Nonchalantly, she adds "Care to start looking for a way out."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-11, 02:36 PM
Volanth
Yes you did, a neothilid is a long wormlike creature with four long tentacles protruding from its mouth.

Seri
"My training required me to train my hearing from the start, travelling the depths makes relying on sight rather difficult unless you darkvision." he replies, "the only real boost i can identify is the hardened skin, tail, and claws, not that its much to go by. The passage they took me through to get here is on the opposite side of the cavern and requires the ability to fly or levitate unless you're really good at jumping."

Evil the Cat
2009-11-11, 03:20 PM
Well Terrox, I can assure you that he is no neothelid, he is not nearly worlmlike enough, and has too few tentacles.

to the rest

Well, we have not gone down this tunnel yet, and it is so far our only visible method of escape. When you are done playing with that book we should carefully head in this direction.

* I point farther down the tunnel, continuing to hold a guard position.

Ryuuk
2009-11-11, 05:48 PM
Seri

"Who says I can't do both just fine?." Seri jokes, and closes the book. She places it in her pack to study later. She readies her hatchet and shield. "Lets try to get out of here then"

Could Seri make any sense out of the book? Did she spot anything resembling the globe, vestige seals or a dragonmark?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-11, 06:22 PM
Seri
The book contains some formulae that you can't entirely decipher, however, you do see a diagram of the orb with a single phrase in two languages, one of which is common reading "bone reaver"

You also see diagrams of other such pods with disturbing names for the creatures they create. Interspersed between these diagrams are what look like spell fomulas or alchemical concoctions.

Scow2
2009-11-11, 07:25 PM
Davian Hawkstar

"Seri, did you learn anything from the book?" Davian asks, following with, "If not, perhaps I could look at it? I'm well-versed in many languages, particularly the extraplanar ones, including Daelkyr."

He prepares to follow the others, just as desperate to get out as possible. He intentionally made no comment on the threat Velik may or may not pose to the party, fearing that he may be using an alignment-masking effect, which would explain why he didn't radiate an aura of evil despite being a creature attuned with Negative energy.

Sense motive Check against everything Velik has said from the 'not-evil' result: [roll0]

Ryuuk
2009-11-11, 07:41 PM
Seri

"Ah, Daelkyr? Have a look at it then. The diagrams kinda looked like the globe and it had the phrase 'Bone Reaver'..." She gives Velnik a quick look and shrugs. She nods over to him. "My guess is its instructions for whatever they did to him." She turns it to the page with the phrase and holds it out for him to read.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-11, 08:08 PM
Davian
You find that it is not written in daelkyr but rather in draconic and is written in a way similar to a journal. Some of the formulae are spells to prepare the globe while others describe alchemical processes to prepare the creature for the process, the actual description of the ritual causes your stomach to knot painfully describing a pocess that strips all "humanity" from a creature until nothing but a mindless beast is left. It even has some conditions on what could go wrong if not done properly, most of them make you wish you hadn't even handled the book, but one in particular seems to be the case with Velik.

"A transformation of the body that leaves the mind intact, is a result of the incorrect amount of potion used before the process and enhanced psionic abilities in the specimen that results in a boost in mental acuity but lessens the bodily transformation itself, these bone reavers have the longest lifespan and are by far the most human in appearance. More research is required to identify the full extent, are newest specimen is a grey elf called Velik, I regret to say i have grown fond of this creature but i must complete my research."

There is also a description of a bone reaver
"The first bone reavers were a brute model, large monstrocities that held incredible strength but no form of cognitive thought, they were easiest to control and were much like domestic animals.

The second models were based around speed, several times smaller than the brute with incredibly sharp claws capable of inflicting lasting wounds, they had some animal cunning but were still simple to control.

The third model were bombs, they could release massive bursts of negative energy at will but were frail and easily killed, they also developed a way of conetrating the bursts into rays of energy and were the first to fight back.

The fourth model held a natural magic and were called skullocks, they had sorcerer-like abilities and one even took a rat as a familiar, this one managed to escape, i would have loved to have awakened that ones more cognitive thought processes to gain a comrade in the magical arts in this psionically minded society.

The final model that could be easily controlled were the golems, their armor was nigh indestructable and they had the ability to walk through molten rock, we only successfully created two such creatures and only one survived the mental programming, although it continues to fight it even to this day."

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 06:41 AM
Terrox

Unwillingly he lowers his head in a slight bow to their new companion and says softly, "I apologise for the conclusion I jumped to." He takes a deep breath, "I'm sure you can understand that we've just been jaunted here, see signs of battle and slaughter, and you are the only remaining living creature in the area."

He stands back up straight, "Do you know what the statue is used for? It seems to have mechanical parts, unless it was the object blocking off the corridor to this room."

Oddly enough, the mention of Daelkyr doesn't seem to bother Terrox all that much, even though he fears that it should. "Seri, why do you keep mentioning Daelkyr spawn, and not to mention in such a way that you seem excited?" ((OOC: Feel free to disregard this if I've missed something >.>))

Ryuuk
2009-11-12, 12:46 PM
Seri

Seri simply smiles. "No reason really. I've just been called that enough times to be curious about the real ones. I make a small living as a fortune teller, you see, and sometimes people overreact to the show... You may too if you were to see it."

OOC:
If you where to roll Sense Motive, you'd easily realize that there's something more.

OOC I'll say that the interest comes from growing up in Droaam as an adoptive daughter to a Dusk Hag, being a Binder and dealing with vestiges that would be at home in Xoriat and the fact that her Aberrant Mark may have something to do with the daelkyr.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 01:05 PM
Terrox

"I see." He mutters, not quite sure why anyone would be excited whether having being called one many times or not.

Well, sense motive then [roll0]

I'm not even sure if we're meant to know each other, what we've done beforehand or what, so yeah... no idea who anyone is, what they do, or what they are :smalltongue: if we're supposed to know each other, should we say?

Ryuuk
2009-11-12, 01:36 PM
Seri

"You will..." She adds, before shutting the book and bringing it to her side. "So, anything interesting in there?"

OOC:
From my understanding, we were all part of the same expedition to collect Khyber dragonshards. We may now each other at a glance but little beyond that.

Scow2
2009-11-12, 01:43 PM
Davian shakes his head, "I'm not sure. I could read it, and it's definately the ritual book responsible for these atrocities, but whether anything in there is useful for our predicament waits to be seen. However..." as he starts to say the most significant aspect that stuck out at him, he raised his voice loud enough for Velik to hear effortlessly, in an adress to the entire party. "Velik's condition is not the result of an incomplete ritual. It's the result of a flawed one... I do not know if he can be restored."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-12, 06:33 PM
"I've never seen the statue before, my guess would be it was installed as an emergency precaution for an out of control experiment."

Velik pauses "flawed? Interesting that i kept my own mind, any ideas on why that is?" he asks as you progress down the corridor.

The corridor itself is bland and side tunnels with odd green glows coming from them, several also have stone doors half open or cracked open. Velik seems incredibly nervous about this area.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 07:38 PM
Terrox

"Maybe the experiment didn't account for the power of free will." While not liking the presence of Velik, there wasn't much he could do about it aside from being amicable. "What equipment is in that pack of yours exactly? You said it could be useful."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-12, 08:03 PM
"It's mostly mundane equipment, but that equipment can be useful. I have a hundred feat of silk rope, a grappling hook, iron spikes, and other things that have helped me survive down here. I even have an alchemist's kit, although the items i created were used up when i was caught. Also, my psicrystal is stuck in their."

Evil the Cat
2009-11-12, 08:44 PM
* From my initial guard position, I suppose I will take point as we head down the hall.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-13, 06:34 PM
"Does anyone have an idea on the glow coming from these tunnels, i have no clue." Velik says, he seems curious and nervous simultaneously and walks up to one of the glowing openings. You see his ears twitch slightly, "there's no sound, but the illithid have many surprises for intruders, a lesson i learned the hard way." He crouches onto all fours looking down one tunnel with a dimmer glow than the others, "should we check the area for anything useful?"

Ryuuk
2009-11-13, 07:03 PM
Seri

Seri shrugs "You're the expert, this is my first time in a mind flayer's layer." She steps forward, walking past Velik and peering down one of the tunnel openings. As she walks, a strange glow seems to surround her. It becomes more and more 'solid' until it has taken the shape of a transperant winged humanoid, who's steps and movements follow hers. When she turns back to the party, a ghostly visage is over her face, expressing nothing but pure despair and grief. Her smile underneath it seems almost moking. Then it melts away, almost instantly, leaving no trace. "Come too close and you'll have to carry some of his grief, just give me some space for now. Let me go into the chambers first. That way, if I there's anything alive in there, it'll have to deal with me and its incessant weeping."

If there are no objections, she step into the closest chamber, her axe on hand and shield ready.

Turned on Focalor's Aura of Sadness. Its a constant mind affecting effect that imposes a -2 penalty to saves, skill checks and attack rolls for anything within 5ft of the binder.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-13, 07:55 PM
"I'll follow, this could be dangerous, if anyone else wishes to follow then come along, otherwise, do not stray far illithids favor psionic traps, and they are difficult to disarm and harder to recognize."

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-14, 05:28 AM
Terrox

"Well you're right with one thing; I've never experienced a Psionic trap before, but I'm definitely handy disarming pretty much anything else. Do these traps have a tell-tale sign, or are they just easier to conceal in general?" He grins, showing the first sign of his lust for adventure since they arrived, feeling more comfortable within the group. "I do like a challenge afterall."

Terrox will keep 5ft ahead of the group, a Spot of [roll1d20+7[/roll] and Search of [roll0] to notice anything out of the ordinary before we reach it.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-14, 05:29 AM
Spot: [roll0]
:smallannoyed: typos.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-14, 05:34 AM
Okay so spam filter messed up rolls too. Ugh. Spot! [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-14, 07:54 AM
"There's not much to identify by, a psionic trap could just as well be a crystalas it could be a line of chalk inbued with psionic energy, just look for irregularities on the stone. It's more difficult than it sounds because we are talking about illithind traps after all." Velik says, "before a trap activates, it usually makes a buzzing noise so keep an ear out."

Terrox sees little that could be considered a trap, however, a glyph of some kind is just inside the openning to this particular tunnel. It looks almost like a dragonmark.

Scow2
2009-11-14, 09:21 PM
Davian takes a postition close enough to point to protect the party, without taking an active leadership point. He'd rely on the party experts for leading them through the mind-flayer's labyrinth. Ever the bard, he begins "humming" a catchy jazz-like tune, soft enough to not echo, but loud enough to be heard by Terrox. The smooth, laid-back vocal representation of ambiguous instrumentality also would aid Terrox's attempts to search and scout for the party. While concentrating on maintaining his song, he also tries "scouting" himself, focusing his energy in honing his sight to again sense evil before him.

Using Bardic Music to inspire a +2 Competance bonus on Terrox's search checks.

Detect Evil-ing until further notice

For an idea of what he's trying to sing, it's something similar to this song. (http://66.49.226.244/digital/qfg2vga/Track14.mp3) Or the Pink Panther, if you'd prefer a more common anachronistic song.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-15, 03:50 AM
Volanth

* With the exception of letting others move past occasionally to check for traps, I keep the point position as we move down the hall.

* I am still in Hunter's Sense Stance (gives me scent)

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-15, 10:08 AM
Volanth
You pick up on a scent, it smells like blood and rotten fish. You also pick up a sound that reminds you of scurrying mice and bubbling.

Ryuuk
2009-11-15, 08:28 PM
Seri

OOC
Just posting to say that if Seri where to see this Dragonmark-like glyph, especially if its of a dark red color, she'll want to inspect it almost immedietly.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-16, 06:41 AM
Terrox

Halting for a moment, Terrox signals to the rest of the party to stop in their tracks. He heads forward to investigate the glyph he has seen, checking all around him for any signs of anything more sinister.

If the coast is clear, he will beckon people over.

---

Taking considerable time to spot and search anything (I have Trapfinding, also). Taking 20 on both, Spot: 27, Search: 31 (with song).

He will also look at the Dragonmark and see if he can identify it, also.
Knowledge: Religion - [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana - [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-16, 04:37 PM
Terrox
Nothing can be seen, however, the dragonmark-like symbol gives you a bad feeling. You can identify it as an aberrant dragonmark, as you have seen it before on one of your teammates. It is an exact replica of Seri's own dragonmark, down to the last line.

Ryuuk
2009-11-17, 02:38 PM
Seri

Seri steps into the chamber, stopping abruptly as soon as she lays eyes on the mark. For once, she seems truly confused, truly puzzled at something. She stares at it blankly for a few seconds before kneeling down close to it and dropping her axe at her side. She takes off her right glove and extends her hand in front of her, the strange, gnarled birthmark facing her from the back of her hand and the glyph.

"This... I..."

She places her hand on the glyph.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-17, 03:45 PM
Terrox

"I suggest you remove your hand from that Glyph before you explain what exactly your intentions are. This dragonmark of yours cannot signify anything of good if it is found purposely etched on the walls of an illithids lair. Seriousness spreading across his face, Terrox moves to grasp Seri's arm and moves it away from the Glyph on the wall. "Who are you? I'm tired of being stuck with people who hide dark secrets from me."

Evil the Cat
2009-11-17, 05:23 PM
Volanth

I am curious as to what Seri's relationship is to this place as well. However, she seems genuinely confused by seeing it here.

I move closer, in case there's some kind of trouble.

Terrox, I assure you, I hide no dark secrets from you. Seri, do you have any idea why your mark would be found in a place such as this?

chilepepper
2009-11-17, 07:14 PM
Jecht

Jecht backs away, wary of a fight. He remains quite and listens closely.

Scow2
2009-11-17, 07:18 PM
Davian Hawkstar

"Calm yourself. If anyone here were of ill intent, I would know it," Davian said at the end of his song. "We have greater issues to worry about than to fight amongst ourselves" With that, he resumed looking around, scanning for the forces of evil ad perpetuam.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-17, 07:48 PM
Terrox

"I disagree," he replies, a hint of disdain in his voice, "What is more dangerous than the possibility of traitors amongst the people whom you call friends? We can hide, run, evade the illithids without fighting, but a knife in your back is hardly something you can avoid."

He lets go of Seri's arm, but not without making his point clear. "You were evasive before when I asked you about your dreadful fascination and sheer excitement to be in this place when the rest of us are weary, but now I'm far from asking. I think all of us deserve some explination, don't you?"

Just want to clarify that I'm not looking for any inter-party fighting or anything like that. I just figure that a stressful situation calls for a bit of stress-caused paranoia :smallbiggrin: Besides, we get to know each other a little better...

Ryuuk
2009-11-17, 07:50 PM
Seri

The awe quickly drains from Seri's expression; it's replaced with a deep resentment and a cold, spiteful gaze. Her hand clenched, she pulls her arm away from Terrox and sorrow starts creeping over him. "Of course... how dare I bear this mark? I should have hacked my arm off as soon as I realized it was 'evil', shouldn't I?" Her voice grows louder as she speaks. "You want to know what it signifies? That my home is amongst the races of the Gray Crag. Secrets? Maybe you'd like to see first hand just what a Droaam Witch can do..." Her eyes cross Terrox's in unblinking defiance.

As the others react, she takes a step back leaving her hatchet at Terrox's feet. "This is the only other place I've ever seen my mark, but I guess it makes sense. To an illithid, the mind is just another target, right? My mark does the same, it can give others a glimpse of madness or make them see things as I see them." She turns back to the glyph "Look, I don't care if there's a trap, or a curse, or if it'll do the same to me that I've done to others. I'm going to find out what that mark means."

Knowledge Arcane: [roll0]

Also, all the above is strictly from an in character point of view, no hard feelings or anything.

Edit

No hard feeling either i just wish I'd have finished this post before you posted again. Hmm, would you mind if I have you make some saves :smallamused:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-17, 07:59 PM
Terrox

Hardly moved by the speech, Terrox somehow manages to crack a small smile. "Well, wasn't too hard now was it? Maybe next time you'll think of being honest to those who seek to watch your back rather than shroud yourself in mystery."

His knowledge of Dragonmarks being limited to mainstream hearsay, the pattern itself means nothing to him, but his curiosity is flared by what it may possibly do. "As much as I'm sure you're desperate to find out what it means, I'm not sure touching it would be a good idea. It could be some kind of silent alarm, reaching out to the minds of the Illithids if the mark does indeed do what you say it does." He strokes his chin, the smile falling from his face into deep thought. "Surviving this place will certainly give you more opportunity to discover the origins of your mark rather than running into something that will kill you, or worse, strip you of your mind and have you as a thrall. I trust you agree with this?"

Ryuuk
2009-11-17, 08:31 PM
Seri

Seri's eyes narrow as Terrox goes on. At his question, she simply continues to meet his gaze and raises her left hand. As she snaps her fingers there is a great flash of light as a bolt of lightning comes down from the ceiling and strikes ground a few inches from his feet. It causes no harm, simply a loud noise and bright light a few inches from his face. "There's no need for pompous words, if you don't see my reasons then you must have lived a truly blessed life. That bolt was just me being honest, I thought I should let you know that I wouldn't need a knife... The reason it wasn't closer is simply because I agree with your last words. The rest though, this place is in ruins, there's an ultrthid on the loose and we've already released one of their experiments. If there were any illithids left here, I'm sure they would already know of us from when the orb was cracked, from its 'silent alarm'."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-17, 09:07 PM
"This is getting us nowhere fast," Velik comments dryly before turning to Seri, "I may be able to help with your mark. The aberrant dragonmarks are a symbol of Kyber, they often mean an aberration in your family tree. It is also used as an anchor for certain enchantments that can cause any number of emotion based traps. Although which one this is i cannot tell."

Evil the Cat
2009-11-18, 12:58 AM
Volanth

Well, strife, paranoia, and anger all come to mind as emotional traps. If someone here known how to be rid of this trap, then I suggest it be done. Otherwise, we have no choice but to continue on, and risk whatever cruel tricks the Illithids have in mind.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-18, 05:29 AM
Terrox

All Terrox does is keep smiling. He admires Seri's courage to stand up for what she believes in, and while he keeps quiet about it, he also turns his attention more to the symbol.

"Okay, emotion-based trap. Obviously anger doesn't trigger it or we'd be in a lot of trouble right now," He somehow manages to let loose a light-hearted chuckle. "You know what this mark does more than anyone else here Seri, so what would most likely trigger it?"

Ryuuk
2009-11-18, 06:37 AM
Seri

Her gaze softened to mere annoyance, Seri sighs and turns to the glyph. "If the trigger is an emotional state, then I can't be of much help. I first manifested it as an infant, I've had it my whole life and I've used it whenever I've felt I had to. It may have appeared through hunger, fear, sadness, or whatever a capricious newborn may feel."

"If it changes emotional states though, then it can only do one of two things if triggered. It can make you trust its wielder as if you'd known them your entire life, or it can fracture a mind, causing panic, strife and confusion."

As in, triggering it seems like it would cause a Charm Person or Confusion effect, if it has the same powers as Seri's mark.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-18, 06:47 AM
Terrox

"That seems more likely, given where we are." Terrox studies it for a while before turning to the party. "I can attempt to disable this if you wish, but if there is a means to bypassing it then I believe it would be a better course of action."

Evil the Cat
2009-11-18, 10:34 AM
Volanth

Bypassing it would be less likely to draw attention. Though, I doubt we've arrived unnoticed.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-20, 06:11 PM
"I agree with Volanth, we don't know if any illithid are still alive, or of anything else has taken root. I'd rather not have them know our current location." Velik comments.

Ryuuk
2009-11-20, 06:33 PM
Seri

Seri's hand bare hand goes to er face, "So you want to just leave it here?" She turns to the glyph, then back to the party, then back to the glyph. The thought of having seen her mark somewhere else and leaving it untouched and unexamined seemed mad.

"This is just one of the many chambers when can go through... There are surly other routes, yes... But at least let me try something with it, let me try to get some clue from it. There's only two things that could happen to me if it effects me. I may loose my faculties for a few seconds, but as long as I'm unarmed I should be harmless. The other though... the mark may make me its thrall, but if it's like mine then the effect should be weak, easy to overcome. There would be no way of knowing though... One of you must be a caster though, please, make me your thrall if there is any doubt, I'd rather submit to one of you for a while then just leave it here untouched..."

Hopefully, another Charm Person would overwrite the mark's Charm Person. If anyone agrees, she'll do the following actions:

First she asks everyone else to leave the chamber, so that there aren't any risks.

Then she'll see if it reacts to her mark in any way:
1 use of Quickened Lesser Confusion on the glyph, from her Mark
1 use of Charm Person on the glyph, from her Mark
Bring her mark close to the glyph, touching it if nothing happens

If all of this proves fruitless, she'll do the following out of anger:
Hit it with a Lightning Strike from the Focalor Vestige
Give it one well placed hack with her Axe

She'll look around the room one last time, hoping to find anything else related to her mark, then simply accept a charm person from anyone in the party f there was any sign of her actions triggering the mark against her.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-21, 08:18 PM
OOCI'm waiting for the other player's responses first before actually posting the results of Seri's actions

Woodsman
2009-11-21, 08:24 PM
Colvin

Colvin shook his head and shrugged. Charm Person wasn't in his repotoire.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-21, 09:35 PM
Terrox

"Normally I wouldn't be one to refuse a woman begging me to let them submit to me, but alas, I don't have the magical ability without taking the time to rest." He can hardly keep the smirk off his face.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-21, 10:59 PM
"That is vulgar my friend." Velik pointedly says to Terrox

Scow2
2009-11-21, 11:10 PM
"Remember, Seri, that while I am near, your mind is guarded from intrusion, and protected against domination," Davian said, glancing over at her, vocally reminding her of what she should be unconsciously aware of: the effect of his Aura of Resolve (+4 against compulsion effects.)

"So, don't hesitate to inspect it... it could be a disaster to ignore something of such nature," he added.

Sorry for my sporadic posts... This RP is only tenuously holding my interest. I hope as I invest more time into here, I'll be able to post more regularly...

Evil the Cat
2009-11-22, 12:27 AM
Volanth

Do what you feel is best. Just be sure you are doing this because you believe it is the right choice, and not merely because of your own emotional ties to this mark.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-22, 09:10 AM
As Seri accesses her dragonmark, the glow in the room brightens and a part of the wall fades from existance. A tunnel angled up goes down the path.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-22, 09:24 AM
Terrox

Hands on his hips, it's hard to hide the look of surprise on his face regardless of how much he tries. "Well I'll be damned." He exclaims, "Looks like it wasn't a trap afterall."

Ryuuk
2009-11-22, 10:04 AM
Seri

Seri simply smiles, slowly clenching her hand while it shakes in excitement. At this point she'd learned to mostly ignore Terrox's words, but right now, she could make an exception. "No... it wasn't... There are plenty of other routes, but I say we take this one for now..."

She picks up her axe and begins going down the stairs.

OOC:
Alright, would I have activated just a use of her Mark of Madness or that and the daily Charm Person as well?

Also, sorry Scow, its been a while since the game started and we're still in the introduction I guess. In character, we have every reason to be careful, checking every nook and crany for traps and getting consent for every action, but that kinda brings the game to a crawl. In a way, I hope we get ambushed or something down there so we can get the ball rolling. Technically we don't even know we're all part caster (my comment before was a bit metagamey) or what the heck we've all been 'chosen' for.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-22, 11:34 AM
Down the tunnel you see it leads to what looks like an alchemists lab with a door on each of the four walls. A soft clicking sound can be heard in the room. A glance around reveals jars filled with body parts, and living or dead creatures. A large tank against one wall is filled with many unusual, insect-like creatures. Several smaller versions of the sphere you found Velik in line the other walls.

OOCYou would have used your charm use only. Also, anyone with Knowledge (dungeoneering) make a roll.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-22, 12:45 PM
Volanth

Volanth looks around, struggling to keep his expression calm.

I find this area to be quite unsettling.

Knowledge: Dungeoneering
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-22, 01:02 PM
VolanthYou can identify that the creatures in the case are some kind of symbiont, they don't appear to be all the same one though and a few look like they could be aggressive. beyond that you have never seen anything like them before

Note: I will be posting information of what each person sees or knows separately to cut downon possible metagaming problems. Do not look in the other blocks please, the player will tell you what you need to know. i feel this is more like how it would be in reality so it's how i'm going to set it up.

Scow2
2009-11-22, 01:21 PM
[Remember, Davian is constantly Detecting Evil... Be sure to include Aura Updates, and that he can see evil through a degree of stone]

"Even if this place isn't intentionally a trap, it's still hostile territory..." Davian said, his eyes glowing bright blue from his divine evilscanner. He forward center of the party, to function as the "core", letting his shield serve as illumination and keeping a steady scan, to be a reliable detector as the others scouted in their own manners. "While we should take prudent measures to avoid detection, we must also consider that they do know where we are... Any of our actions so far could have tipped them off."

Ryuuk
2009-11-22, 01:27 PM
Seri

Seri just steps forward, in thought, trying to get her head around the implications. She looks over the room and keeps her distance from the the objects and specimen, but when her eyes fall on the wall covered in orbs, she takes out the book once again, hoping to find a page with similar diagrams. She silently hands it over to Davian if it seems to have new information. "We've got 4 doors to choose from if we want to keep moving. Still, this place seems much... cleaner.... then the rest, there hasn't been any struggles here, it might actually be safer then the halls above. That clicking though... is it the insects?"

No dungeoneering, and little in the way of perceptive skills, buet here's a spot and listen:

Spot: [roll0]-1 = 3, Anything in those orbs?
Listen: [roll1]-1 = 12, Can she make out the origin of the sound?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-22, 01:37 PM
DavianThe insects have a minor aura of evil, as do the orbs, but the aura is very faint, proably only handled or created through evil means

SeriYou don't see anything in the orbs. The sound is definitely coming from the case with insects, but it sounds like it's coming from only one of the creatures.

Ryuuk
2009-11-22, 05:18 PM
Seri

"Looks like it is..." Seri draws closer to the insect tank, trying to get a better look at the source of the sound.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-22, 05:52 PM
SeriA single insect in the center of the tank seems to be the source of the clicking. It is tan in color and has overlarge bat-like wings. it is far bigger than the other specimens. It also avoids the other creatures in the tank as much as possible. When it notices you it stops moving completely and turns its head to the side, looking like it is curious.

Ryuuk
2009-11-22, 10:01 PM
Seri

Amused, Seri follows suite, tilting her head to look over the insect. Better then thinking about how her Mark had opened the chamber. As if he needed any more ammo...

May be a longshot, but Knowledge Arcane on the Bug: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-22, 11:10 PM
SeriAll you know is that it was created by magic and that it is an aberration.

"What did you find?" Velik asks walking over. He looks in the case, "Symbionts," he breathes out, "and many different ones at that."

Ryuuk
2009-11-23, 12:15 AM
Seri

"These are all symbionts?" Seri puts her hand on the glass gently and watches them, the curious one in particular, with a renewed awe.

Just how big are we talking with the winged one?

chilepepper
2009-11-23, 01:22 AM
Jecht

"Might wanna keep your hands and footfalls in check. Never know how paranoid the keepers of this place might be." Jecht sets to searching the room, looking equally for treasure as well as traps. He also tries to pinpoint the clicking noise.

Search[roll0]

Evil the Cat
2009-11-23, 01:34 AM
Volanth

I'm pretty sure these are all different types of symbionts. They're virtually all different. I recommend caution, some may be quite dangerous.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-23, 06:26 AM
SeriThe big one is about as big as a full backpack and has a wingspan nearly two sizes too big. (Essentially it's tiny in size but has the wings of a medium sized creature)

JechtYou don't locate any traps, however, you do locate a small cache of alchemical items and potions. six vials and six flasks total in a compartment under a table. You also find some rare parts that could be useful for something (Knowledge arcana check to see what exactly).

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-23, 06:59 AM
Terrox

Being completely out of his league he lets others continue to explore the room. He steps up to the winged creature and stares at it to see if it alive or dead. "Has anyone stopped to think about who exactly teleported us here, and more importantly, why? I'm making the guess that it wasn't the Illithids." He turns to Velik, and manages a small smile not being hostile at all. "Or was it you? At this point the tone has no hint of accusation or malice, but curiosity and excitement.

"A voice said we had been chosen, and we're standing here in a room full of symbionts... I can't help but curiously put 2-and-2 together. Whether I have ended up with 4 or not though, I have no idea."

Ryuuk
2009-11-23, 03:30 PM
Seri

"'You have been chosen', that what I heard. We haven't found any clue telling us with regards to what... Except for the glyph... I don't see the link between that and the these little creatures though, are you saying we should choose one?"

She gives the winged one a sly smile and starts looking around the tank for an opening. "I think I'll call you Geryon... You said we needed to fly to get out of here, right Velik?"

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-23, 04:17 PM
"I am know spellcaster, a few minor psionics but nothing more. I have never heard of the event you have described, and i have studied in psionics and magic in order to better combat the illithid."

At Seri's comment Velik grins, which looks ... weird ... with his skull-like features, "I think that having a few symbionts could be useful, especially the sky scourge your eyeing." he points to the bat-winged insect, his expression then turns thoughtful "This must be a symbiont breeding center. Give me a moment and i can identify some of the other symbionts."

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-23, 04:24 PM
Terrox

At hearing an agreement and interest in his suggestion, Terrox can't contain his own smile as it spreads across his face. He had always been on the hunt for ways to increase his abilities, and if these creatures were willing and would bring no evil into his soul then he would gladly accept one.

"I think," He begins, "that for the first time Seri, you and I are on a similar page. Velik, do you need any help identifying any of them? I may be of some use."

---

Knowledge Arcana if it helps to identify: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-23, 04:52 PM
"That would be appreciated," he says to Terrox, after a minute he finally nods and turns to the others, "besides the sky scourge there is an eldritch claw, two throwing scarab, and a stormstalk." he points to each one as he says them, "The eldritch claw lets you fire off blasts of raw power and fuse said blast with your own spells." he points to a manta ray looking creature skimming the ground of the tank, "The throwing scarabs create a crystal-like shard of solid acid that can be thrown," pointing at the only two that look alike, "and the stormstalk can fire rays of electricity from its eye," he points to a worm-like creature with an eye for a head. "That means that one of you won't have a symbiont. Unless there's anotherone around." he starts skulking around a bit leaving you to decide what your going to do with the symbionts.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-23, 05:56 PM
Terrox

He looks down at his own hand as it crackles with the gathering magic of electricity; his own body making the decision for him.

"How will these beings merge with us should we choose so? I mean, as much as I like the idea of being one with them, walking around with an odd being sticking out of your forehead for example isn't exactly my idea of a fun time."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-23, 06:20 PM
"A good point. The throwing scarabs are often worn on the forearm of the nonthrowing hand, the eldritch claw is worn like a glove, the wings folding up over the upper arm, and the stormstalk connects directly to the neural system, usually anchoring along the spine while the rest coils around the arm or neck."

Woodsman
2009-11-23, 06:23 PM
Colvin

"I think it would benefit us all if I took the eldritch claw," Colvin suposes, eyeing it over.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-23, 06:48 PM
Terrox

"The stormstalk..." He ponders it for a while, then pulls out his blade letting lines of electricity flow over the highly-polished surface, "as you can see I can already add my magic to my weapon, but would I be able to add the power of the stormstalk as well for an extra boost? I seem to have an affinity to this kind of energy you see, so I can't help but be curious..."

Even if the idea of it burrowing into his brain was enough to make him want to scream like a little girl, he was still curious as to what power it could grant him.

It's an OOC mechanical question as well I guess. Would I be able to use the Duskblade theme to tag the ray of electricity into my weapon as an option as well as the ray? I'm just eager to find this out, especially since my dragon disciple choice would be an electric bronze dragon too ^^

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-23, 07:12 PM
Velik takes on a thoughtful look, "i'm not sure, it's a possibility"

Evil the Cat
2009-11-23, 07:29 PM
Volanth

I have no need of a symbiont. Technically, I already have one. I don't know how one would interact with a Quori, but it isn't a risk I'm comfortable taking without a lot more information.

Ryuuk
2009-11-23, 07:47 PM
Seri

Seri found this all funny, in a way. Aberrant marks are abominations, but little creatures latched on to one's skin? Perfectly acceptable. "I'd love to take the sky scourge then, the harpies always bragged on saying they pitied us for being landlocked... I'd love to see the look on their faces now." She puts her axe at her side and drops her shield, shuffling a few layers of clothing to get at her chain shirt.

She simply smiles at Volanth, "That's pretty prudent of you. I, for one, should get used to hearing many voices in my head." She says this jokingly, or at least, it seems like she does.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-23, 08:05 PM
Terrox

Walking over to the stormstalk, he then turns to Velik. "So...um. How do we go about this? Crack the glass and let it do it's thing, or what?"

chilepepper
2009-11-23, 08:49 PM
K: Arcana [roll0]

Jecht

Handing over a few vials, "I found these hidden, if anyone cares to figure out what they are."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-23, 09:08 PM
Velik looks at Seri, "you speak with harpies? Last time i tried that i nearly had my face torn off." he seems slightly awed by it, although with his facial features it's hard to tell.

When Terrox asks about breaking the glass he turns to him, "There should be a way to open the tank, although breaking the glass would be quicker it could end up injuring those nearby or startling the symbionts into attacking." He begins to look around near the tank taking care to look in most of the nooks and crannies around until you here a click. A panel on the top of the case pops open, large enough to stick your upper body in.

The sky scourge immediately takes flight when it opens and lands on the ground looking up at each of you individually then just sits there...waiting. "I'm guessing it has never been attached before, it seems eager to do so, or it feels a bond with one of you." as he says this, the sky scourge scuttles over to Seri and looks up at her, more specifically her mark.

Ryuuk
2009-11-23, 11:58 PM
Seri

After leaving her chain shirt at her feet, Seri slowly takes a step forward and kneels down, holding her marked hand up. "Oh, they would have done the same to me if it hadn't been for Mother." She watches how the creature reacts, but keeps talking. "They knew not to cross a Droaam Witch, I was raised amongst them."

She places her hand on its body and continues to meet its gaze. "Now, I think the rest is up to you. Just be careful with the robes."

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-24, 09:25 AM
Terrox

Following suit, Terrox feels around the case of the stormstalk to try and find a similar button, but he doesn't press it yet.

"I'll take a look at those vials, they might be something to coincide with the joining process, or similar. Then again it could just be the excitement getting the better of me, but I'd rather find out just to make sure."

---

Taking the vials he gives them a quick look over, casts Detect Magic and uses his knowledge to try and identify them to the best of his ability.

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana: [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-24, 03:26 PM
The sky scourge quickly crawls up you arm then latches to you back, you feel a slight drain as your equipment starts to feel slightly heavier.

SeriA distinctly feminine and somehow familiar voice rings in your mind, "Hello, mistress." the symbiont says telepathically.

TerroxThe vials detect as magic. three project an aura of faint conjuration and the other three project auras of transmutation. The ones that detect as conjuration are healing potions (cure moderate wounds) and the transmutation ones you identify as oils of magic weapon. There are two other auras in the room, a dagger lying on the table and a ring. You determine that the parts can be used in spellcasting to double the duration of a transmutation spell.

Scow2
2009-11-24, 04:03 PM
"I'll pass on the symbiotes," Davian said with his trademark tone of conviction. "I have heard too many stories of the Daelkyr and their Symbiotes to risk associating with something potentally so evil and corrupting."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-24, 04:33 PM
"It is actually the other way around," Velik says, "the symbionts are influenced more by their host than the host is affected by the symbiont. Which is why many are evil, they are most commonly in the possession of evil creatures. These ones look young, maybe only a month after incubation, not enough time to pick up the taint of their creators."

Scow2
2009-11-24, 04:54 PM
"Be that as it may, I'd still not risk surrendering the function of my body to an unknown creature demonstrated to be a spawn and servant of evil." Davian replied again.

Woodsman
2009-11-24, 04:55 PM
Colvin

"It's not the tool, but the wielder," Colvin states as he takes the eldritch claw carefully into his hand.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-24, 05:43 PM
As Colvin pulls out the eldritch claw, a glove-like protrusion unfolds from underneath and it slips over his hand, and the fins fold over his upper arm. the claw takes on a violet color and silver symbols run down the entire arm. A slight headache is the only side effect.

Colvin"Thanks for releasing me," it says with an accent (sounds australian), "you can call me Drich."

Velik then speaks up, "All that's left are the scarabs, anyone good with ranged weapons?"

chilepepper
2009-11-24, 06:15 PM
Jecht

"Ranged... that'd be me. Might as well follow the fold." Jecht says with a slight sneer.

Ryuuk
2009-11-24, 06:28 PM
Seri

"ugh..." Seri seems to lose her balance as the creature attaches itself, supporting herself with her hands. She makes a mental note on Davian's comment. Best not to let him see the callings then. Ah, right, you can hear me... How polite of you, make yourself at home, just don't mind the visitors. Do you have a name?

She stands up, testing the new weight. Once accustomed, she picks up her chain shirt slowly tries to put it back on. Careful, tell me if it bothers you... Tell me, why were you looking at my hand?

So symbionts deal ability damage when attached, how much strength did Seri take?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-24, 07:23 PM
The throwing scarab crawls up your arm and latches onto your upper arm and its legs sink into your arm but causes no pain.

JechtYou can actually feel it establish the link, its aggressive personality touches your conciousness, "Master," it says in a rasping voice. (you take two points of Wis damage)

Seri"I would be honored to take any name you give me, as for the mark, it's the same as the one who created me." it says simply, "I am bound to the mark by my creators magic." after you don the armor it says, "You may have trouble using my wings at first, but my instincts should have transfered to you" (you actually were lucky, you took only one point of strength damage. Also, sky scourges are the second most intelligent symbiont in existance. By the way, its a she.)

Woodsman
2009-11-24, 07:32 PM
Colvin

Colvin looks over his arm, curious as to what the symbiot actually does. It sounded like he could mix his spells with his eldritch blasts.

DM:Can you hear my thoughts? If so, what exactly do you do?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-24, 08:07 PM
Colvin"Yes, i can speak with you. My abilities are similar to a warlock," it says in a whispering voice, "and you can access the power for yourself and apply any ray or direct contact spell through it. As you yourself are a warlock, yes i can sense it, you can instead empower your blast." (grants you the Empower Spell-Like Ability feat)

chilepepper
2009-11-24, 08:39 PM
DM"What power do you grant me, specifically?"

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-24, 09:32 PM
Colvin"I am attuned to the eldritch blast invocation, meaning i can empower it. My other abilities are fairly simple, granting you a claw with which to fight and the ability to add your spells to your eldritch blast or when using me in melee. I cannot explain it any better than i have now" (alright, its a free Empower Spell-Like Ability for your eldritch blast usable thrice per day and a claw attack as a crawling gauntlet. Any spell that uses a touch attack [ranged or melee] can be added to the blast and if it hits the spell is used against the target as if you had used the spell on it.)

OOCIf anyone can gain a familiar you can designate your symbiont as an improved familiar.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-25, 02:35 AM
Volanth

* Volanth watches, somewhat fascinated, by the way these people so easily accept these creatures literally into themselves.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-25, 07:30 AM
Terrox

Placing the vials and the items in his pack for further inspection later, Terrox will release the stormstalk and place it on his shoulders waiting to see what happens.

"You cute widdle thing you." He says, resisting the urge to pet it under the 'chin'.

Ryuuk
2009-11-25, 10:09 AM
Seri

I share his mark... Seri pauses for a sec, she wasn't expecting this, but it made sense. Where is he now? He might have called us here.

She practices moving the wings, testing just how articulate they are. You'll be my wings now... Mis Alas... I'll name you Miala then.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-25, 10:52 AM
The stormstalk's tail slithers down your back, sinking under the skin, the feeling is strange but not painful. A mild headache comes from the connection. The rest of the storm stalk circles your arm and you can feel the electrical energies flowing through itself into you.

Terrox"please don't talk like that, it's degrading. Imagine if someone talked to you that way," the stormstalk says.

Seri moves the wings of her sky scourge with only some difficulty, they follow your commands if a little slowly.

Seri"He has not returned in days, i do not know what became of him. He was an archmage of some power and sought to control the illithids by altering a neothilid in one of his Chaos Orbs."

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-25, 03:05 PM
Terrox

Well I'd smile and compliment a good sense of humour, actually. He smirks, flexing his arms, Sorry if it offended you, I'm sure you can tell by now by my mind that it's just the way I work. Welcome aboard, I'm sure we'll get along swimmingly. Do you know anything about Velik? Feel free to access my memories of the situation.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-25, 03:12 PM
Terrox"hm, ah, you found him in a chaos orb, and he's a later model of bone reaver, they are the only ones that keep their mind completely, under most circumstances, i'd say to be wary but trust him."

Scow2
2009-11-25, 04:22 PM
"Everyone loaded up on bite-sized eldritch abominations yet?" Davian asked, personally disgusted by the Daelkyr-spawn. Even if they weren't evil, he wouldn't be taking any of them, and he wanted to get a move on ASAP.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-25, 04:34 PM
Volanth

Judging by the expressions on their faces, they're communicating with their new symbionts. They'll probably need a few moments to get acclimated to sharing their minds. The bonding seems fairly quick though, so I expect it shouldn't be much longer.

I warily watch all the entrances and exits to this room, alert to any dangers that present themselves.

If I were to attack, this would seem like an opportune moment, while everyone is distracted.

Ryuuk
2009-11-25, 07:42 PM
Seri

Was he an elf? You know, thin, with pointed ears?

"Don't worry, we can still hear you." She gives her Miala's wings a quick flourish, before wrapping them back onto her arms. "And this little 'abomination' seems to know much more about this place then we know. It seems these little guys were the work of someone with an aberrant mark, an archmage it seems. His last project seems to have been upgrading a... 'neothilid?'. All those orbs are his work."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-25, 07:54 PM
Seri"He was acually a, what did he call himself? A drow? Yes, that sounds right, a drow outcast from an underground city, several months travel from here i believe." she says, a picture forms in your mind of a haughty looking drow with ebony leather armor that sparkled slightly, "the last thing he did before leaving was go to the elder brain, and he never came back."

"He was very ambitious," Velik states, "He must have had help or something to be able to create all these orbs, and engineer a way of aquiring a neothilid, it probably ended in the massacre we saw on our way here."

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-26, 07:30 AM
Terrox

For once he has nothing sarcastic to add to the conversation. He now has confirmation of the doubts he had beforehand so makes sure to keep on his guard.

Would they have kept any manner of control over him? I'm making a guess that he could be some kind of 'sleeper agent' that will activate once they wish it to. He sighs, but put on a smile for the rest of the group. I'm also assuming that whoever is down here knows that we're here. Would I be right?

He turns to the group with his fake smile. "It's true, we're bonding. I actually have a reason to be talking to myself now. I wonder if we'll ever stop pulling faces when we have mind-conversations with ourselves." Okay, so he couldn't quite help himself with a comment afterall...

Ryuuk
2009-11-26, 08:42 AM
Seri

Seri's quiet for a few seconds, lost in thought. If Miala can her or see her thought process, she'll be treated to a slide show of images and sounds, the statue, the slaughter, the 'you have been chosen'. "Those dwarves and elves we saw upstairs were probably under his banner... I'd venture to believe that we're not actually in a mind flayer colony, but this archmage's outpost. His goal was to control them... Miala says that the last time she saw him he was headed towards the elder brain... Either they had an alliance of sorts, or he actually succeeded... or was about to succeed... Ugh... but unless he called us here, it still doesn't do anything to explain why we're here."

She turn to the walls, looking for any missing peace. She remembers the doors. Would you happen to know what's beyond those doors Miala?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-26, 12:11 PM
Terrox"The later model of bone reaver were infused with chaos, they were the only symbiont that was completely uncontrolable, although they kept their minds the way they thought was changed to a more alien order, similar to the kalashtar and inspired." he says thoughtfully, "I heard my creator speak of the kalashtar, elan, and inspired on many occasions, he seemed obsessed with them."

Seri"Other experiments, the more wild ones were kept farther down in the door your looking down now, they were dangerous and uncontrolable. The other tunnels lead to the ones that were too docile or incomplete, the last one leads to the 'graveyard' as we call it."

"The duegar would not work for any other," Velik says thoughtfully, "they work for themselves and themselves alone, and if those were any other type of dwarf they would have tried to kill the illithid, and I only ever saw two elves down here, one grey, one dark, that many non-illithid dead surprised me."

Ryuuk
2009-11-26, 10:33 PM
Seri

"Was the dark elf amongst the casualties? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. It looks like their creator was one, and if he's dead, well, that rules out one possibility."

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-26, 11:32 PM
"I remember the grey elf was the statue but i don't remember seeing the drow anywhere, he didn't speak any language i knew either so i can't say much about what he actually did here." Velik replies.

Ryuuk
2009-11-27, 02:27 PM
Seri

"Where did you see him then? He was most likely in charge here, or at least he'd be more likely to explain what we're doing here."

She turns to the others, "Miala says those doors lead to more of her creators experiments, the flawed ones. Some were too docile, others too aggressive and uncontrollable... Should we take a look? There may be a way out or others like Velik." As she waits for an answer, sho looks down and thinks to herself.

Miala do you know your way around this place?

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-27, 03:26 PM
Seri"I only know my way around this chamber, nowhere outside it" Miala says, "this will be my first time out of here."

"I only ever saw him while in my cell and when he took me to that sphere, after which he left. I can take you to my old cell after we check around. Can you ask Miala which tunnels lead where."

Scow2
2009-11-28, 10:38 AM
Davian looks over, seeing if any of the symbiotes were left in the tank... As much as he hated the thought of having to inflict his own body with one, he couldn't leave sentient life to become a slave of evil... Hopefully, he wouldn't need to take it, and intended to rid himself of the creature once they were out of danger.

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-28, 10:46 AM
A single throwing scarab is in the tank, its head down. It seems to quiver slightly in the tank, but turns and crawls to the far end of the tank.

Jecht"The other of my kind is a close friend, please don't leave her here, it is not her fault she was transformed. If you are wondering she was a fey before the chaos orb, a pixie i believe." your symbiont rasps, its voice is sad in your mind.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-29, 02:14 AM
Volanth

I am active and checking regularly, I just haven't had anything to add for a while, fyi.

I continue standing guard while people figure out what they're doing.

Ryuuk
2009-11-29, 07:02 PM
Seri

So you've never put those wings to good use? Well remedy soon enough, I'll make sure of that.

Seri shrugs, "Sorry, she's only ever seen this room... She tells me that that door's the graveyard, through here lie the uncontrollable subjects and through here are the incomplete ones." She points to each on respectively. "Which should we check first?"

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-29, 07:04 PM
Terrox

He sighs, "And here I was hoping that one of them would be a nice cosy way out of this dank hole." brushing off his armour he looks over to the doors, "I'm wondering which would be more hazardous; incomplete, uncontrollable, or undead abominations."

chilepepper
2009-11-30, 01:18 AM
Jecht

DM"Worry not, I believe Davian is about to free your friend."

@Davian
"I see you looking, there is one scarab left, waiting to be 'saved' as it were. My new friend informs me it was of fey descent before the transformation... if that holds value to you."

Ryuuk
2009-11-30, 02:48 PM
Seri

1: Graveyard
2: Incomplete
3: Uncontrolable

[roll0]

"If any door's as good as any other..." She lifts a single finger and points to one of the doors, "De tín marín, de do pingüé..." in a sing song manner, she points to each door individually before before starting over. When she finishes the rhyme, he finger stops, pointing at ___. "Lets try this one."

Overhearing Jecht, she she begins to wonder about Miala. Wait, were all of you transformed? Miala, what do you remember from before?

Scow2
2009-11-30, 02:53 PM
With a resigned sigh, Davian reached in to accept the symbiote.
This won't be comfortable for either of us, But I cannot leave you to die or fall to evil, he thought as it merged with him, trying to keep his mind on the now, and ignore the creature he didn't want but had to take... Why couldn't he have been faced with a lesser moral dillema, such as whether to save a town or turn the tide of a war...

EdroGrimshell
2009-11-30, 04:24 PM
Seri"I was a cat, actually, a wizard's familiar. I was put in the chaos orb with a bat and a bit of stone. The orb lit up and i was bombarded with images," a series of images pass quickly through your mind, "that was only the first minute of the process, i spent several hours in it, some force fused my body with the stone and bat, my mind took over and i've been this way since then."

Davian"Thank you," a child-like voice rings through your head, "I'm Kit." The mind actually feels innocent, like the auras you feel from those untouched by evil. (i randomly rolled these personalities so don't think i did this on purpose)

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-30, 09:04 PM
Terrox

Since we're going to be together for the forseeable future, what can you tell me about yourself? I mean, do you even have a name? I'm pretty sure you've taken the opportunity to learn about me, and how much I don't know about your kind, now you're attached to my brain so I figured that I should ask. If his mind could smile, it would be doing so right now. He felt an innate sense of pride to carry around such an interesting creature with him. I also hope that my lack of knowledge about this situation doesn't offend you.

Ryuuk
2009-12-01, 08:01 AM
Seri

I'm sorry Miala, that seem dreadful... I think I may be able to help you though, when we get out of here. I've been studying a ritual that will create a body. Well, the figment of a body, a mindless ghost, in a way. It would be bound to me, but I think I might be able to bind it to us instead. It might not be tangible, but it would let you move on your own... And you may be more familiar with it then I, as fate would have it, this body usually takes the form of a large black cat.

Closing her fist, Seri nods. Fate seemed to be in a good mood today, all things considered. "Through this path lie he incomplete creations and those too docile to be of use. If you're worried about undead, then this is probably the safest path." She steps towards it, "Shall we give it a look?"

Was your old master also a victim here?

OOC
Just noting that its a coincidence, I was planning on taking the Dark Companion alternate class feature (PHBII) rather then a familiar next level. It lets me make a ghostly panther that'll give penalties to any enemies adjacent to it. If Miala was a cat before, she might appreciate having control of it.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-01, 03:14 PM
Terrox"I was never given a name, although the other symbionts called me storm since it was easier than 'hey you'," he replies, "as for my past, i try not to think about it."

Seri"Thank you Mistress," she says, her mental voice practically a whisper. "I do not know, he did keep many symbionts and manage to fuse many into a single entity he called a collective. His research is on a drawer, if you let me i could lead you to it."

You see inside the door and are almost immediately doupled over by the smell, a sort of barrier kept the smell from the rest of the room. The smell is that of rotting flesh and fish. A distinctly metallic smell also permeates the air.

Velik walks closer and into the room, but pulls out quickly. "That reeks," he says through a series of coughs. A buzzing fills the air for a moment and the smell vanishes, "glad i came up with this little trick." he says.

Evil the Cat
2009-12-02, 12:49 AM
Volanth

Perhaps we could consider a path that isn't so foul?

Ryuuk
2009-12-02, 02:57 PM
Seri

Uhhh.... Sorry, just that smell. I probably won't be able to read them, but sure, show me the notes.

Seri gets back up and sticks close to Velnik. "Really, any path's as good as any other. Velnik already fixed it for us, lets at least have a look."

Scow2
2009-12-02, 03:29 PM
Davian tried to supress his annoyance with the young aberration... Not only did he need to protect the creature... but it was so innocent he couldn't bring himself to be as cold and distant to the unwanted guest as he originally intended... Please don't break anything, and I hope I can find someone who'd appreciate you more, he tried to tell it, mouthing the words as he clumsily attempted to pre-emptively apologize for his less-than-warming attitude toward it. And could you please not draw more than you need to?

"I don't care where we go either," Davian grumbled, his personality noticably put off by the presence of the parasite symbiote.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-02, 05:47 PM
SeriYou feel Miala's conciousness expand through your body, she guides you over to a small cabinet on the side of the room and opens a drawer before pulling her conciousness back. "that was more draining than i thought," she says with a hint of fatigue but seems fine otherwise. In the drawer is a leather bound book of about three hundred pages. "that's the book, it should be in draconic, elven, or undercommon."

Davian"I know you don't exactly like the idea of being a part of you, i wouldn't in your situation. I just hope i can be of some help in your journey. And, if you could, i was hoping you could take me to a clergy so i may be transformed back."

"I have a power that allows me to clear the air and purify it, i will have to renew it every minute or so but it should be enough to cut the smell to a manageable level." Velik says. "Whatever's down these tunnels, we must move on." a pair of red crecent shaped blades form in each of his hands.

Ryuuk
2009-12-02, 06:58 PM
Seri

Stepping back from the tunnel, Seri walks to one of the cabinets to the side of the room. Her steps are sure, and it seems she knows what she'd looking for. She opens a drawer and pulls out a leather bound book. She nods and opens it, just in case its written in either Common or Giant. Thank you Miala, I'll look over this later. Regardless of who's looking her way, she puts it in her pack along with the one written in bone.

She then heads back to the tunnel, as if nothing had happened. "Alright, lets go then." Anyone close to Seri start to feel a strange sorrow, as if someone at the edge of despair was crying by their side. Don't mind the moaning, that's just the Prince of Tears, I guess you could call him another lodger. If no one takes the lead, Seri will.

Just activating the Aura of Sadness again.

Evil the Cat
2009-12-03, 02:14 AM
Volanth

While not particularly pleased with the chosen route, Volanth will nevertheless take point.

If you know of any traps or other defenses, let me know. Otherwise, I'll take point in case of ambush.

Having scent makes foul paths even more foul.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-03, 05:33 PM
As you enter the tunnel, you again smell rot, but it is dulled now. Strange creatures lie on the floor, some half decayed and some only bone. In the center of the room is a pillar of bone with spiky protrusions and a hollowed top. Movement is obvious among the dead as ghouls feast on the rotten flesh. The ghouls look different from normal ghouls and one has a dragon-like head and a tail, this one looks up and grins evily.

"Welcome to our graveyard," the dragon-headed one growls out, "It has been a long time since we have had fresh meat." it says moving into an aggresive stance as two other, more normal-looking, ghouls flank it and lunge forward.

Roll initiative and starting actions. Due to the purifying power Velik used you don't have to worry about the stench.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OOCI need a way to make a map, anyone got anything that would help

Scow2
2009-12-03, 05:50 PM
I use ASCII maps, with the Courier New font.

Davian will be in the center-front ~10 feet behind the Point.
Initiative: [roll0]

At the sight of the ghouls, Davian Hawkstar drew his Rapier and stepped forward, sword and shield held ready to smite down the forces of Evil as a song started to rise from his voice.

Ryuuk
2009-12-03, 05:58 PM
Seri

Seri tightens the grip on her sheild and readies her axe. "So much for docile, come and try it then your worms!"

Miala, I think we're gonna have to test those wings now.

[roll0]

Here's a map we were using in another game. It would just be a matter of editing it. You could also use a paint document and edit it.

Map and Info:

{table]* |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U
1 |c| | | |c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
2 |c| | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
3 |c|c| | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
4 |t|c| | | | |c|h|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
5 |t|c| | | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
6 |t|c| |a|y|m| |c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
7 |t|c|c| | |r|d|c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
8 |t|t|c|c|j|o| | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
9 |t|t|h|c|c| | | | |c|c|h|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
10|t|t|t|t|c|c| | | | |c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
11|t|t|t|t|t|c| | | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
12|t|t|t|t|h|c|c| | | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
13|t|t|t|t|t|t|c| | | | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t|t
14|t|t|t|t|t|t|c|c| | | | | |c|t|h|t|t|t|t|t
15|t|t|t|t|t|t|t|c|c| | | | |c|c|t|t|t|t|t|t
16|t|t| | |t|t|t|h|c|c| | | | | |t|t|t|t|t|t
17|t| | | |t|t|t|t|t|c| | | | | | |t|t|t|t|t
18| |w|w|w|w|w| |t|t|c| | | | | | | |t|t|t|t
19| |w| | | |w| | |t| | | | | | | | | |t|t|t
20| |w| | | |w| | | | | | | | | | | | | |t|t
21| |w| | | |w| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |t
22| |w| |w|w|w| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
23| |w| | |w| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
24| |w| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
25| |w|w|w|w| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
26| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
27| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [/table]

Yorsna: y (E6)
Darryl: o (F8)
Alarin: a (D6)
Darrien: d (G7)
Jussio: j (E8)
Rannik: r (F7)
Mantis: m (F6)

Hobgoblins: h
#1 - C9
#2 - E12
#3 - H16
#4 - H4
#5 - L9
#6 - P14

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-03, 06:52 PM
MAP{table]*|-A-|-B-|-C-|-D-|-E-|-F-|-G-|-H-|-I-|-J-|-K-|-L-|-M-|-N-|-O-|-P
01|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
02|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
03|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
04|- |- |- |- |NG|DG|NG|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
05|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
06|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
07|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
08|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
09|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
10|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
11|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
12|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
13|- |- |- |- |VO |-|TE |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
14|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
15|- |- |- |- |- |DA|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
16|- |- |- |- |CO |SE |JE |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- [/table]

NG = Ghouls
DG = Dragon Headed Ghoul
SE = Seri
DA = Davian
CO = Colvin
VO = Volanth
JE = Jecht
TE = Terrox

Each square is 5ft

Thanks Ryuuk

Scow2
2009-12-03, 07:34 PM
I wish we had an OOC thread...

I wasn't expecting us to be an illogical clump of party members... I was expecting something more amorphous and fluid, since I'm a Front Line/Vanguard Fighter, to be positioned behind the Party Scout, which is usually 10-15 feet ahead of the rest of the party... Something more like This:

{table]*|-A-|-B-|-C-|-D-|-E-|-F-|-G-|-H-|-I-|-J-|-K-|-L-|-M-|-N-|-O-|-P
01|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
02|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
03|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
04|- |- |- |- |NG|DG|NG|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
05|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
06|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
07|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
08|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
09|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
10|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
11|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
12|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
13|- |- |- |- |VO |-|TE |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
14|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
15|- |- |- |- |- |DA|- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |-
16|- |- |- |- |CO |SE |JE |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- |- [/table]

NG = Ghouls
DG = Dragon Headed Ghoul
SE = Seri
DA = Davian
CO = Colvin
VO = Volanth
JE = Jecht
TE = Terrox

Woodsman
2009-12-03, 07:43 PM
OOC:
[roll0]

Never doubt the might of the Limey square.

Colvin hands flared with crackling energy. He was ready to fight these things.

Evil the Cat
2009-12-03, 07:52 PM
Volanth

Falchion at the ready, Volanth prepares for the assault.

initiative: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-04, 10:42 PM
OOCJust waiting for the other players

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-05, 12:35 PM
OOC: Sorry my CP hasn't been updating the thread for me for some reason.

Drawing his weapon, Terrox snarls and readies to attack.
"We'll see about that."

So you think you could channel your power into my weapon using the energy flow I already have in place? Now is a good at time as any to try.

Initiative, [roll0]

Using Cunning Defense to add +3 Dodge AC against the Dragon Ghoul.

Inspiration: 9/10

chilepepper
2009-12-06, 04:21 AM
Jecht

[roll0]

Jecht instinctively hunches down, hiding from the attackers.

chilepepper
2009-12-06, 04:45 AM
Jecht - round 1

Ancient words flow from Jecht's mouth as he invokes Darkness on a coin in his pocket. Drawing on the magical darkness, he then mystically disappears from sight.

Hide in plain sight [roll0].
5' step to H16.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-06, 10:32 AM
The dragon headed ghoul sniffs the air and growls out "i can smell your fear" before moving to F10

Ryuuk
2009-12-06, 11:40 AM
OOC:

So, does that mean that the other ghouls rolled after us in initiative? Can we act?

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-06, 12:28 PM
OOC: That would be a yes (they both got below 10, so they will go last)

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-06, 12:33 PM
OOC: Any chance of seeing the list of initiative order so we can co-ordinate with team members, and an updated map with each one of your posts?

Also I hadn't acted, as Cunning Defense was a free action. I was waiting to see the initiative order before I decided what to do. So, once it's posted, I'll act. nevermind, I'll just hit the damn thing :smalltongue:

--

Terrox

Moving to G11 after the Dragon Ghoul has moved, Arcane Channeling Shocking Grasp, using 1 Inspiration point to add +3 to attack.
Power Attack-3/+6,
1d20+6

If it hits, another 1 Insp. point to add +3 to damage.

2d4+12[/rolvl]
Shocking Grasp damage [rollv]3d6
Spell Resistance if applicable 1d20+3

Spells, etc:
Level 0: 5/5
Level 1: 4/5
Domain: 1/1
Arcane Diletantte: 1/1

Inspiration: 7/10

HP: 27/27,
AC: 15 (18 vs. Dragon Ghoul)
Position: G11

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-06, 12:53 PM
Sigh, rolls didn't work in edit:

Arcane Channeling Shocking Grasp, using 1 Inspiration point to add +3 to attack.
Power Attack-3/+6,
[roll0]

If it hits, another 1 Insp. point to add +3 to damage.

[roll1]
Shocking Grasp damage [roll2]
Spell Resistance if applicable [roll3]

Ryuuk
2009-12-06, 01:26 PM
Seri

"You won't for long." With a sly smile, Seri moves past her allies and spreads Miala's wings, trying to take into the air. She stares at the dragon headed ghoul and chants a few words in Giant "La suerte te maldice" Her eyes seem darker for a brief second. With a flourish, she brings her axe down on the air. A bolt of lightning appears above the ghoul and follows her axe's motion.

Swift: Hexblade's Curse on the ghoul, DC 14 Will or -2 on Attack rolls, Saves, Ability Checks, Skill Checks and Damage Rolls.

Standard: Focalor's Lightning Bolt on the ghoul, DC 14 Reflex for half of [roll0] Electricity Damage

Move: Hopefully, Miala's fly speed is such that I can end my mve in H10, 10ft above ground. For reference, what it her fly speed and maneuverability?

HP 33/33
AC 18

Woodsman
2009-12-06, 01:43 PM
Colvin

A bolt of white energy flared from Colvin's hands toward the dragon headed ghoul. He would not risk himself in physical combat; he preferred to stay back.

Ranged touch atack: [roll0]
Eldritch Blast Damage: [roll1]

Scow2
2009-12-06, 01:43 PM
Instead of drawing his Rapier, Davian drew his blackened leather whip from his belt as he stepped forward, holding his shield in front of him as he lashed out with his whip, attempting to knock the ghoul leader, the Dragon-headed one, to the ground by pulling it's legs out from under it.

I can't figure out how to use the map, so Davian will draw his whip as he moves straight forward until he's within 10 feet of the ghoul(Move action), and attempt a Trip attack with his whip (Standard Action)

Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Opposed strength check: [roll1]

Blech... terrible rollz.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-06, 04:00 PM
SeriYou gain a fly speed of 60ft with good maneuverability, additionally, you gain the hover feat.

The dragon headed ghoul seems to shrug off the blows, dodging Terrox's before being struck by Colvin's eldritch blast Seri's bolt.

Scow2
2009-12-06, 04:47 PM
It would be really nice to have an OOC thread so I don't have to waste posts in the IC thread to try to figure out what is going on. If you don't make one, I will.

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-06, 11:10 PM
I am really sorry to say that arecent virus has deleted the entire layout for the campaign. I cannot continue the campaign because of it, sorry.

:frown:

Ryuuk
2009-12-06, 11:16 PM
Well, gg.

Could you tell us who or what had chosen us? What did Seri's mark have to do with everything? Heck, my symbiont voice was apparently familiar.

Scow2
2009-12-06, 11:34 PM
Nonsense! Just repair what you remember, and make the rest up on the fly!

EdroGrimshell
2009-12-07, 03:31 AM
Nonsense! Just repair what you remember, and make the rest up on the fly!

If i did, let's just say the campaign would end within the next page. I had started planning this campaign out shortly after i got the Eberron books TWO YEARS ago, it was a 149 page document!

As for Ryuuk, Miala's voice is a combination of the voices she was most comfortable with, her family. The one that chose you was a higher being that was even beyond the gods, Destiny. And the mark, well, i had it for if anyone had an aberrant dragonmark they would have certain advantages and disadvantages (bad interactions with the underground races while being able to access certain areas).

By the way, did anyone notice that i said that Velik was a symbiont.

chilepepper
2009-12-07, 04:00 AM
Yes, but I never thought about taking Velik as my chosen symbiont.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-07, 08:08 AM
Yeah I did notice, I just figured he'd be a bit, you know, big. And creepy. And bone reaver-y.

Well gg, see you guys around.