PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Zendikar help

Random NPC
2009-11-07, 02:11 PM
Can someone provide help on building a good ally deck? I'm thinking on buying some boosters because the landfall I made is quite mediocre. Thinking of adding more blue control instants, but an ally deck sounds good to-

wait... wrong forum.

So I got into magic. It has this nice world called Zendikar (http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/stf/55) and it could work really nice as a campaign setting. I am actually thinking on running a game based around the setting, with players starting as Adventurers and perhaps becoming Planeswalkers by epic level.

A world with lots of treasure, adventure, traps, deadly creatures. So many campaign hooks! I need some help adapt it tho.

My main problems are Merfolk and Kor.

The Kor I figure I can make them Goliaths with +2 Dex instead of +2 Con. The Merfolk? Kinda hard. +2 Int sounds right for them, but I have no other way to figure something out.

Comments? Help? M:tG sucks?

Doc Roc
2009-11-07, 02:21 PM
How about Sea Kin from races of destiny?

Random NPC
2009-11-07, 02:28 PM

4th edition, yo

Mando Knight
2009-11-07, 02:30 PM

4e. Right in the title.

For the Merfolk, I'd look at using the Watersoul Genasi as a base. Perhaps steal it wholecloth except make it not count as a Genasi and let the player choose the second language.

Kurald Galain
2009-11-07, 02:31 PM
Merfolk.

+2 Dex, +2 Int
+2 to Athletics and to Nature
Size normal, speed 6, vision normal
Language: common, primordial
Can breathe underwater indefinitely, and has a swim speed equal to their normal speed.
Resist cold 5 (10 at paragon, 15 at epic).

Siren's Song (encounter power): minor action, range 10. (int, wis or cha) vs Will. Hit: pull the target three squares. At paragon, +2 to hit, and does 1d6 psychic damage. At epic, +4 to hit, and does 2d6 psychic damage.