PDA

View Full Version : 1st Edition score!

Tetsubo 57
2009-11-07, 03:00 PM
I found copies of the 1E Monster Manual (2nd printing) and the Deities & Demigods (with the Cthulhu Mythos) today for a $1 each. :) I'm selling them on Amazon. The Deities & Demigods book is like new, better shape than my copy. :)

Matthew
2009-11-07, 03:23 PM
Heh; I paid almost the same (£1) for my copies of the PHB, DMG and OA. That is a darn good haul, though. It sounds like your copy of Deities & Demi Gods is probably worth a fair bit on the collector's market.

Tetsubo 57
2009-11-07, 03:27 PM
Heh; I paid almost the same (£1) for my copies of the PHB, DMG and OA. That is a darn good haul, though. It sounds like your copy of Deities & Demi Gods is probably worth a fair bit on the collector's market.

I'm asking $60 for it, plus $3.99 shipping.

Matthew
2009-11-07, 03:37 PM
That sounds about right; the Acaeum (http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/rulebooks.html) reports $52 for near mint copies.

SimperingToad
2009-11-07, 09:48 PM
Hey! You said you were going to give them to me! :smallwink:

J/K

Congrats on the haul! Wish I knew a place here where I could find such. FleaBay is a cruel mistress.

ken-do-nim
2009-11-07, 10:00 PM
Wow. I went to my semi-local favorite gaming store and bought 9 issues of Dungeon for $15, but that doesn't really compare.

Akal Saris
2009-11-08, 01:51 AM
I got my 1st ed PHB and DMG for 2 dollars each, but I eventually gave them to a friend anyhow :P

Crossblade
2009-11-08, 01:57 AM
My girlfriend's mother has the original printing of first edition. When I saw it my jaw dropped from the cool nerdiness. It was just sitting on a shelf in their basement lounging room, ontop of my gf's older brother's video games, dvds and what not.

After I got my gf into D&D, she started using the orange plastic dice with her own as 'good luck dice'.

Tetsubo 57
2009-11-08, 02:11 AM
My girlfriend's mother has the original printing of first edition. When I saw it my jaw dropped from the cool nerdiness. It was just sitting on a shelf in their basement lounging room, ontop of my gf's older brother's video games, dvds and what not.

After I got my gf into D&D, she started using the orange plastic dice with her own as 'good luck dice'.

All of my original 1E books are within arms reach at the moment. But I bought them when they were originally released. :)

Fortuna
2009-11-08, 02:17 AM
Mine were acquired free and third hand (My parents bought them second hand, and I discovered them and was basically given them at about 8), but I am missing a couple of books.

Tetsubo 57
2009-11-08, 02:29 AM
Mine were acquired free and third hand (My parents bought them second hand, and I discovered them and was basically given them at about 8), but I am missing a couple of books.

To the best of my knowledge I have all of the 1e hardcovers in my collection. Though after thirty years of use s few are a tad worn. I have all of the classic modules as well. Heck, I still have 1st printings of 1E Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, C&C, T&T, V&V, Chill, Marvel Heroes and Star Frontiers. :) Those boxed sets are space hogs though.

My collection covers 60' of shelving space. :)

LibraryOgre
2009-11-08, 12:20 PM
My first edition books are on the other side of the room, with the rest of my D&D stuff. The copy of the DMG I think of as mine (I have two, but one is the original cover, purchased for collecting and having a spare) I bought second-hand, and has been beautifully colored by the previous owner. He went through and colored all of the illustrations in colored pencil, and I can barely look at a non-colored one anymore without thinking something is wrong.