PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Platinum

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 06:38 PM
If anyone plays, I need 2 masterballs, can anyone help? Please!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-07, 07:06 PM
1) We already have a Pokemon thead.

2) Masterballs are rare. Good luck with that.

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 07:17 PM
I know that they are rare, but I need 2 of them to catch the legendary birds!

Raroy
2009-11-07, 07:23 PM
You don't NEED need them. You can catch them quite easily with false swipe and ultra balls. The old fashioned way:smallbiggrin:.

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 07:25 PM
no...I need them, because nothing is working!!! they are the 2 last birds...Articuno, and Moltres, the only ones who attack!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-07, 07:26 PM
Bah, kids these days, 'needing' Masterballs.

Back when I was playing Blue version, we only got one, and we liked it!

And then we went and wasted it on a Cubone or something!

...Of course, I was a kid back then, so it's not often I can say something like this. Now I know why people are always saying it. :smallbiggrin:

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 07:27 PM
k....I need them, because I tryed everything, and nothing works!

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-07, 07:31 PM

...Of course, I was a kid back then, so it's not often I can say something like this. Now I know why people are always saying it. :smallbiggrin:

I know! Isn't it great? :smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2009-11-07, 07:35 PM
k....I need them, because I tryed everything, and nothing works!

Nothing?

Not, for example, false swipe, sleep, and timer balls?

Some pokemon are still pains in the butt, but generally those aren't first genners.

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 07:36 PM
no...nothing worked!! No type of pokeball! :(

SparkMandriller
2009-11-07, 07:44 PM
Mean Look/Hypnosis/False Swipe Gallade go!

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 07:45 PM
I need master balls! nothing else will work! NONE of my Pokemon are fast enough!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-07, 07:47 PM
I need master balls! nothing else will work! NONE of my Pokemon are fast enough!

Catch and train some faster Pokemon?

Or wait for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Or get LeafGreen or FireRed.

Zaccino
2009-11-07, 07:49 PM
I will give away a Cresselia, and a Manaphy, to anyone who can give me 2 masterballs!

Raroy
2009-11-07, 08:05 PM
So, what pokemon are you using? What moves do they know? Sometimes you just need patience and to keep on trying.

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-08, 12:19 AM
Catch and train some faster Pokemon?This, mostly the latter half. Since you're playing Platinum, Bebe should have given you an Eevee when you visited her house in Hearthome. Thunder Stone it, train your new Jolteon until it learns Thunder Wave at Level 57, level it up some more for lulz, then walk up to the birds and paralyze them outright. Let 'em run, that's not what this fight is for.

Step 2 is training up something (perhaps a Gallade, as suggested earlier) with a strong enough False Swipe to drop them to 1 HP each. That'll give you the best possible capture rate without Sleep/Freeze, which is impractical and unreliable. Let 'em run, that's not what this fight is for, either.

Step 3 is training up a Wobuffet to sit there and eat attack after attack while you drop a steady stream of Ultra Balls, Max Potions, and (after the first 20 turns) Timer Balls. They can't run, because Wobuffet keeps them stuck there until they run out of PP and Struggle themselves to death, at which point you crush the Elite 4, talk to Oak, and start the process over from Step 1. Minus training time.

Seriously. You. Do. Not. Need. Master. Balls.

Doglord
2009-11-08, 06:42 AM
Dusk balls in the night are great on legendaries. I caught dialga and palkia with one each.

Ikialev
2009-11-08, 08:00 AM
False Swipe, then sleep and paralyze him. That will bring you to 15% chance for catching, and that really much. On my first playthrough I didn't know about bonus effects, and tried to catch legendary birds with regular pokeballs. :smallannoyed:

Vorpal word
2009-11-08, 10:28 AM
...sleep AND paralyze?:smallconfused:

IMO, you've already got the easy part of the fight done. For me, Moltres is always impossible, and the other two come pretty quick in comparison. I dunno if they're harder to catch in platinum...

Mercenary Pen
2009-11-08, 10:38 AM
...sleep AND paralyze?:smallconfused:

IMO, you've already got the easy part of the fight done. For me, Moltres is always impossible, and the other two come pretty quick in comparison. I dunno if they're harder to catch in platinum...

Officially, I believe all three are at the same capture difficulty. It will, however, depend on exactly how the individual game card/ds generates its random numbers as to exactly which pokemon seem harder to catch than others.

One of my personal pieces of advice though, only try catching wild beldum when they swarm if you have lots of balls and/or feel really lucky, they're officially as difficult to capture as legendaries like Mewtwo.

darkblust
2009-11-08, 11:05 AM
Get a dugtrio,e.v. train it in speed,and keep trying.There is no other way.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-11-08, 11:59 AM
Get a dugtrio,e.v. train it in speed,and keep trying.There is no other way.

All the runners in Platinum either are part Flying or have Levitate.

A better choice would be Wobbuffet, as earlier suggested.

The battle will take place over many fights. Paralyze them (I'd suggest Sleep, but it's not permanent), False Swipe them, then when they're down to minimum health and status-afflicted, keep out the tank with Shadow Tag and throw Ultra Balls (or, if at night, Dusk Balls for better chances). It will take many Balls to catch them. THAT'S HOW LEGENDARIES (minus Dialga and Palkia) WORK. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE UP 20+ BALLS.

On a side note, have at least 30 Ultra Balls, 10 Timer Balls, and maybe 20 Dusk Balls if you plan to hunt at night.

And to the person initially asking, you're offering Cresselia? Which is gotten THE EXACT SAME WAY as the birds? Why can't you just capture the birds the way you got Cresselia?

Zaccino
2009-11-08, 05:10 PM
I got Cresselia in a trade...

Enlong
2009-11-08, 05:31 PM
Get yourself a Weavile, teach it False Swipe, and train it up. Weaviles are crazy fast, they'll easily outpace the birds. Then have something hit it with a status. Perhaps train a Gengar or something else that's fast, and hit it with Sleep, or Paralyze or something like that.
Then use a Dusk Ball and fight at night, or use a Quick Ball. Either one of those has a capture rate modifier of 4. Best out of anything, I think.

You'll feel better catching it without a Master Ball. I know that the only reason I used mine was because my team was totally wiped out by the time I fought Dialga.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-11-08, 08:56 PM

So true. Nothing says "wasted Master Ball" like catching a Lugia in Silver with a pokeball. :smallamused:
Also, I have like 6 masterballs, but can't get online. :smallfrown:

CoffeeIncluded
2009-11-08, 09:00 PM
What about that Haunter from Snowpoint? I got it traded with a Hasty nature; it wasn't that difficult to EV train it to max speed and then teach it Mean Look.

Zaccino
2009-11-10, 06:08 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.........

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-11-10, 07:34 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.........

Mean Look: A move that makes the opponent unable to run. Can be learned by Haunter, among other Pokemon.

Hasty: A Nature that means increased Speed and decreased Defense.

EV: Effort Value, a point that can be gotten for a Pokemon by battling others, with enough points boosting long-term growth of stats.

Jokasti
2009-11-10, 07:47 PM

NOOB!
Real men(read:boys) used it on the Haunter in that creepy tower cause it was so AWESOME! (At the time)

Mando Knight
2009-11-10, 08:49 PM
NOOB!
Real men(read:boys) used it on the Haunter in that creepy tower cause it was so AWESOME! (At the time)

You sure you didn't use it on Lavender Tower's Marowak? :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2009-11-10, 08:50 PM
I used it on Zapdos.

boj0
2009-11-11, 11:34 AM
Real men [read: boys] used Cinnabar Island to get 128 Masterballs/Rare Candies/Vitamins/TMs/Max Elixers

The Rose Dragon
2009-11-11, 11:38 AM
Real men [read: boys] used Cinnabar Island to get 128 Masterballs/Rare Candies/Vitamins/TMs/Max Elixers

You can do that for Unique Items?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-11, 12:02 PM
You can do that for Unique Items?

That was all anybody used Missingno. for, I thought.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-11, 12:27 PM
(this is a joke and I don't actually advise doing it as it may be illegal)

get an emulator. then get a rom. then get it down to 1 health, put it in sleep and then save. Now just keep throwing greatballs at it!

(like I said. it's a joke. don't do this)

okay. A not many people are going to trade good masterballs and B YOU DON'T NEED THEM TO CATCH LEGENDARY POKEMON!

@^ i used him to get rare candies to level up my haunter so I could get legendary pokemon.:smallbiggrin: (I'd already used my masterball on Articuno.)

Linkavitch
2009-11-11, 01:11 PM

Did that a bunch of times.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-11, 02:39 PM
does that glitch work in fire red?:smallconfused:

Mando Knight
2009-11-11, 03:31 PM
does that glitch work in fire red?:smallconfused:

No. Most of the RGB glitches were removed long before Gen 3, and since they were glitches (and thus not intentionally part of the game), they weren't put into FR/LG.

Vorpal word
2009-11-11, 08:11 PM
I remember one of my friends getting Missingno. Before he used it up, I took a look...

It knew Water Gun, Flash, and Hydro Pump. Twice :smalleek:.