PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Droid Malfunctions

mr.fizzypop
2009-11-08, 11:46 AM
I am GMing a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign with a few other people. Yesterday, one payer(a noble) got enough money to buy a droid twice his level. Obviously I didn't want to give him something that overpowered, so I decreased its stats a bit. Along with that I would like it to have an annoying "malfunction", something like HK-47's hate of living things. But I really can't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Just so you know, it is a espionage droid, from "threats of the galaxy". The noble is second level and is a twi'lek.

Volkov
2009-11-08, 12:12 PM
Make the droid not %100 loyal to it's creator and liable to go off on it's own thing on a failed die roll.

Johel
2009-11-08, 12:37 PM
I am GMing a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign with a few other people. Yesterday, one payer(a noble) got enough money to buy a droid twice his level. Obviously I didn't want to give him something that overpowered, so I decreased its stats a bit. Along with that I would like it to have an annoying "malfunction", something like HK-47's hate of living things. But I really can't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Just so you know, it is a espionage droid, from "threats of the galaxy". The noble is second level and is a twi'lek.

Spy = want to know = curious
Malfunction : "Too curious for your own good, droïd".

Have him ask question around, without stopping, on every possible subject, whenever something strange or new happens. Especially when asking such question isn't the smart social thing to do. And make him ask it on a naive and enthusiast tone.
"-What is this, master ?"
"-And that, what is it ?"
"-What does it do ?"
"-Why is it like that ?"
"-Why ?"
"-Why ?"
"-What is this ?"
"-I detect a rise of your blood pressure. Why ?"
"-What does it do if I switch that button ?" *Push*
"-I swear I didn't know. Can we try again ? For the sake of experiment ?"
"-Master, remember that discussion, yesterday. I have given it a thought and seeing your new associate brought it back to my memory. Why do you think wookies are ugly ?"
"-Why is the wookie growling menacingly at you, Master ?"

Volkov
2009-11-08, 12:39 PM
If you really want to make the droid difficult to work with. Give him a C-3PO like personality.

chiasaur11
2009-11-08, 02:30 PM
I was thinking a bit of a G0-T0 type problem.

Sure, he's working for you...

In his own way, in his own time, and it's not exactly what you want to have happening.

Lysander
2009-11-08, 03:24 PM
Spy = want to know = curious
Malfunction : "Too curious for your own good, droïd".
[/I]

Or as an espionage droid it could be exceedingly paranoid, constantly afraid of spies and conspiracies. It would treat everyone but its master with undue suspicion. It wouldn't willingly share information even with other party members, would sharply question anyone they deal with in passing, and would spend all its free time inventing sinister connections between individuals and organizations. The frustrating thing is that sometimes it'd be right.