PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about outsiders

NekoJoker
2009-11-08, 01:07 PM
Hey guys!
i have a simple question about outsiders that i can't seem to figure out.
I'm checking the Saint template from de BoED, it states that the character becomes an Outsider with the Native subtype, i understand this means that the char can actually be raised just as any other kind of PC. Now; the question is: Do i recalculate saves, hit dice and all the good stuff? I don't see it really necesary given the great buffs the template provides but it does not hurt to ask.
thx ppl

Starbuck_II
2009-11-08, 01:09 PM
Hey guys!
i have a simple question about outsiders that i can't seem to figure out.
I'm checking the Saint template from de BoED, it states that the character becomes an Outsider with the Native subtype, i understand this means that the char can actually be raised just as any other kind of PC. Now; the question is: Do i recalculate saves, hit dice and all the good stuff? I don't see it really necesary given the great buffs the template provides but it does not hurt to ask.
thx ppl

Do you have racial HD?
No? Then ignore that. Outsider HD are racial HD.

Edit: you do know have proficiency with simple/martial weapons.

NekoJoker
2009-11-08, 01:15 PM
hmmm, yeah that'll work, its an all class level build so nothing is recalculated. thx the gods! it would have been awfully powerful then. thanks man! :smallsmile:

Fishy
2009-11-08, 01:23 PM
For your handy reference: Outsider Traits and Features (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#outsiderType)

When your Type is [Outsider], you have the Outsider Traits. When you gain an Outsider HD, you also gain one level worth of Outsider Features.

(I think.)

ericgrau
2009-11-08, 03:18 PM
Here, I'll dump the unrelated clutter to remove the confusion:

Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Proficient with all simple and martial weapons
Native outsiders breathe, eat, and sleep.
Not affected by spells that only affect humanoids ("____ person")

That's it for you. :smallbiggrin: