PDA

View Full Version : [4e]more At wills?

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-08, 01:16 PM
I was wondering if there was anyway to get more at will powers?

Aron Times
2009-11-08, 01:17 PM
1. Humans get an extra at-will.
2. Half-elves get an extra at-will from any class as an encounter power, and with a feat, it becomes a true at-will.
3. Psions don't get encounter attack powers, and get more and better at-wills instead.

There might be more, but I'm not sure.

Theodoric
2009-11-08, 01:20 PM
There are some Epic Destinies that give you extra at-wills, in a variety of different ways.

Guinea Anubis
2009-11-08, 01:30 PM
Sounds like there is not a good way to do this one for a ranger.

I asked because one of my players whats to take another at will. Do you guys think it would be game braking if I told him he had to take a feat and I would let him have the extra at will. In my mind there is a lot better things you could spend a feat on then an at will power.

DSCrankshaw
2009-11-08, 01:31 PM
Half-elves can make their Dilettante powers at-will via Versatile Master in Paragon. Other racial features are at-will (Changeling's change shape feature).

A number of utilities are at-will, as are some class and paragon path features. These are usually not attack powers, though. The only exception that occurs to me is that druid's get an extra at-will power.

Feats sometimes grant at-will effects, although these usually aren't listed as powers.

Kurald Galain
2009-11-08, 01:39 PM
I asked because one of my players whats to take another at will. Do you guys think it would be game braking if I told him he had to take a feat and I would let him have the extra at will.

No, that wouldn't be game-breaking. In fact, you'll find that starting from high heroic levels, you are unlikely to use your at-wills all that often. This is because in most combats you'll use your encounter or daily powers first, and because most combats don't last so long.

That is, assuming the at-will comes from his own class, and not from something he's multiclassed into. Also, the feat should probably have some kind of prerequisite, like a background (so you can't get other benefits than this one from your background).

Asbestos
2009-11-08, 01:40 PM
Sounds like there is not a good way to do this one for a ranger.

I asked because one of my players whats to take another at will. Do you guys think it would be game braking if I told him he had to take a feat and I would let him have the extra at will. In my mind there is a lot better things you could spend a feat on then an at will power.

Why doesn't he just retrain one? Is he really going to use all of his at-wills?

Mando Knight
2009-11-08, 03:47 PM
There is one at-will for Rangers. One. If your Ranger doesn't have Twin Strike, he's doing it wrong. Nimble Strike, Predator Strike, Circling Strike, or Hit and Run are your main choices from the other options, depending on your fighting style. He doesn't need the others. Twin Strike for most attacks, then Nimble Strike or Hit and Run for when he needs to get a bit of distance.